• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:36
CEST 02:36
KST 09:36
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9007 users

GOMTV rebrands as GOMeXP, switches to TwitchTV - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
321 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Mysticesper
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1183 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 08:08:18
December 03 2013 08:07 GMT
#141
On December 03 2013 17:03 BillGates wrote:
Twitch is terrible for me here is Eastern Europe, so this is a terrible decision for me, I also hate the Twitch quality, their "medium" quality is only 360p, their "high" quality is 480p and only the "source" quality is 720p. They don't even have 1080p anymore.

I also hate the new limits that you must be subscriber to watch "high" which is only 480p, I mean we are 2014 in a month, watching 360p isn't cutting it anymore, unless I can watch 720p for free and have paid 1080p or higher I don't consider that to be a service, I consider it a ripoff.

Like I haven't watched anything at 360p for over 5/6 years, its ridiculous for me to be watching 360p and being forced to pay to watch 480p on high, as I can't watch "Source" on Twitch because it ALWAYS lags massively for me, its completely unwatchable and I'm stuck at "high" quality which is only 480p.

Well that explains why the Darude gig at Dreamhack quality was so so awful (especially on 2560x1600 monitor).. "high" was 480p =\
Probably behind the times with that information, but now it at least makes sense.
Dinotramp
Profile Joined August 2012
Nauru2871 Posts
December 03 2013 08:09 GMT
#142
So the only to way to watch VOD's is through Twitch? What the fuck... that lags so much and is riddled with spoilers. Very unhappy about this.
RIP Starcraft scene in the UK. Defeated by EG money and Swedish Zergs.
Tertyshny
Profile Joined November 2010
Russian Federation25 Posts
December 03 2013 08:13 GMT
#143
If i buy not premium subscription VOD's will be on High or Source quality for me?
grindC
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany274 Posts
December 03 2013 08:17 GMT
#144
Correct me if I'm wrong, but 480p is actually medium isn't it?

Dunno about you guys, but GomTV is usually live during a time, when Twitch doesn't lag as a badly in Europe, namely during lunchtime. It gets worse as the day progresses though.
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
December 03 2013 08:19 GMT
#145
Still no free vods. And the free stream is now going back down to 480p? Guess this means I'm still not officially supporting GOM.
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
NapkinBox
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States314 Posts
December 03 2013 08:30 GMT
#146
On December 03 2013 17:07 Mysticesper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 17:03 BillGates wrote:
Twitch is terrible for me here is Eastern Europe, so this is a terrible decision for me, I also hate the Twitch quality, their "medium" quality is only 360p, their "high" quality is 480p and only the "source" quality is 720p. They don't even have 1080p anymore.

I also hate the new limits that you must be subscriber to watch "high" which is only 480p, I mean we are 2014 in a month, watching 360p isn't cutting it anymore, unless I can watch 720p for free and have paid 1080p or higher I don't consider that to be a service, I consider it a ripoff.

Like I haven't watched anything at 360p for over 5/6 years, its ridiculous for me to be watching 360p and being forced to pay to watch 480p on high, as I can't watch "Source" on Twitch because it ALWAYS lags massively for me, its completely unwatchable and I'm stuck at "high" quality which is only 480p.

Well that explains why the Darude gig at Dreamhack quality was so so awful (especially on 2560x1600 monitor).. "high" was 480p =\
Probably behind the times with that information, but now it at least makes sense.

Is it actually Twitch's fault or is it Dreamhack's? Source has always looked 1080p on many other streams.
"Who has the best durability feat in all of comic book superheroes?" "Aquaman surviving pop culture."
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 08:37:41
December 03 2013 08:37 GMT
#147
On December 03 2013 17:13 Tertyshny wrote:
If i buy not premium subscription VOD's will be on High or Source quality for me?

Streams will beHigh/720p for the 49.99$ pack, Source/presumably 1080p/60fps for the 79.99$ pack, I guess vods will be the same. Actually money wise consider the amount of content and production value gom provides it's a good deal, but the service quality will probably become the bigger concern, especially for Europeans.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
December 03 2013 08:43 GMT
#148
GOM was so much better with VODs and the search especially was pretty well put together.

Obv saves them a lot of costs but, eh, I'm not at all for using an external service as your one and only channel.
The heart's eternal vow
DMXD
Profile Joined February 2008
United States4064 Posts
December 03 2013 08:51 GMT
#149
personally I like this more
to be honest
the gom player is terrible
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
December 03 2013 08:52 GMT
#150
I watch most streams on 480p and I'm pretty happy lol
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
Jj_82
Profile Joined December 2012
Swaziland419 Posts
December 03 2013 08:56 GMT
#151
Not sure if I like it. GOM was lagfree, Twitch is not.
Once rode a waterslide with PartinG and TaeJa ✌
crappen
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1546 Posts
December 03 2013 08:57 GMT
#152
... VODs will also be behind the subscription paywall...

Ah well, guess there is a reason I haven't watched any GOM at all in atleast a year. How can they compete with foreign tournaments, which have better (atleast on pair) casting, hosting and now also stacked with top koreans (which are for free)? Also in EU, GOM's live streaming is when we european work lol. Is it not possible for them to get sponsors like foreign tournaments ?
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
December 03 2013 08:58 GMT
#153
Finally.. youtube
Jaedong.
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
December 03 2013 09:02 GMT
#154
Why twitch....its lagfest....
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
Comadevil
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany214 Posts
December 03 2013 09:04 GMT
#155
On December 03 2013 15:30 peidongyang wrote:
RIP our european viewers

Well acutally Twitch got better the last weeks in Europe, at least for me. I can watch many streams in Source quality before only High was possible and that even i had to lower from time to time to medium
Maynarde
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1286 Posts
December 03 2013 09:06 GMT
#156
Really enjoyed the original player worked better for me than twitch and dropped less on higher quality. Looking at this thread and talking to mates though whether Twitch or GOM worked better seemed to change with each household. Just lucky / unlucky I guess.

Oh well! The YouTube thing is an AWESOME change. Will continue to support for sure.
CommentatorAustralian SC2 Caster | Twitter: @MaynardeSC2 | Twitch: twitch.tv/maynarde
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 09:23:17
December 03 2013 09:15 GMT
#157
On December 03 2013 18:04 Comadevil wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 03 2013 15:30 peidongyang wrote:
RIP our european viewers

Well acutally Twitch got better the last weeks in Europe, at least for me. I can watch many streams in Source quality before only High was possible and that even i had to lower from time to time to medium

not really, i basically didn't watch dreamhack at all partly because twitch would freeze for multiple seconds every few seconds. Even on medium, sometimes even on low, everything above is just wishful thinking. I refuse to watch streams on mobile because what's the point if you don't see anything.

I've watched so little in the past few months and it kinda killed my passion because every time I tried watching an event it was thoroughly unenjoyable.

Plus Twitch VODs load at like 1MB per hour for me.
Dalnor
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia68 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-03 09:37:17
December 03 2013 09:36 GMT
#158
Doesn't blizzard require a free 720p stream?

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=436104

Here they require large WCS global events to have 720p.

Why should the leagues be any different?
Silan
Profile Joined January 2010
Denmark198 Posts
December 03 2013 09:42 GMT
#159
This seems very optimistic. No one is gonna watch it for free in "medium", and i doubt there's a lot of paying customers still out there. Don't really know what they are thinking.
Life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish flanders was dead. - Homer
broodbucket
Profile Joined July 2013
Australia963 Posts
December 03 2013 09:43 GMT
#160
Hell hath no lag like GOMTV to Australia; this is a welcome move
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 24m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2395
Artosis 685
White-Ra 112
910 47
Dota 2
monkeys_forever565
NeuroSwarm168
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv305
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe158
Other Games
summit1g8723
shahzam666
JimRising 575
C9.Mang0279
ArmadaUGS83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick780
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream323
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta17
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 24m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 24m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 24m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.