• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:42
CEST 23:42
KST 06:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6330 users

Flash Interview Code A (About IEM, criticize WCS)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 04:07:24
October 19 2013 03:42 GMT
#1
This is a quick secondary translation. As always, it is important to note about the things that lost during the two translation processes.

Update the question about WCS system with a Korean direct translation. (Credit goes to http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=432759#7)

[image loading]

Q: Thoughts after winning the final round of Code A?

Flash: I am glad I won. I don't know when it is the next season, but for the time left, improving my weak points will be my focus.

Q: You didn't perform well in IEM New York.

Flash: It's really regretful. I was beaten by some comebacks multiple times. I think back in Dreamhack my strength was not enough. But I had confidence with IEM New York. The practice was great at the time. But the result was bad. I'm disappointed myself.

Q: Why the performance is bad?

Flash: The atmosphere is one aspect. But my style was massively and specifically countered by the opponents. I should have taken this as an advantage for myself. The lack of strategic preparation is another reason for the failure.

Q: You didn't make it to the Global Finals.

Flash: I didn't have good performance in Season 1 and 2, so I didn't expect much this time. Before the new season starts next year, my main mission is to improve my skill.

Q: Your experience of foreign tournament is lacking. What's your thought?

Flash: I always think that I lack experience of foreign tournament. But the most important thing is to do my best and overcome shortcomings. I already had a feeling when I went to IEM that the gap of experience cannot be ignored. When I saw Hyun beat European players so easily, that exact feeling just came to mind.

Q: What's your most regrettable game in IEM?

Flash: In game 1 and game 2 against Curious, there were situations where I had 90% chance to win, however I was beaten by some last-minute pushes. After coming back to Korea, I made a deep reflection on that.

Q: After today's WCS, your WCS games this year are finished.

Flash: Since I wasn't able to make it out of the Ro16, I don't have any big things to complain about. I've been hearing a lot of grumbling and complaints about the WCS format, and of course I don't think the format is great either. When it was first announced, I had a lot of hopes. At the time, I heard that the format wasn't going to differ much from the LoL World Cup so there was a bit of disappointment. I've heard that they are improving it for the future, so I'll have to wait and see. This season, with the decline in even foreign tournaments, I think has to be thought of as a complete failure.

Q: Any last words?

Flash: Other players are criticizing that the winners of Code A can't seed to Code S next season. But I don't have this luxury. My focus is to improve my skill and performance. Whether there is seed or not is not important. Even if it starts with the qualifiers, I will do it again and make it.




Source: http://s.163.com/13/1019/00/9BGRJDU200314Q8T.html
Korean source: http://sports.news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=e_sports&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=347&article_id=0000046477&date=20131018&page=3
Applesmack
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada680 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 03:49:06
October 19 2013 03:48 GMT
#2
I would not call this WCS year a failure. Flash thinks its a failure because he didn't do well, but it provided some really fantastic games. Also, the viewer count has been better than before.
SAFenix
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada439 Posts
October 19 2013 03:48 GMT
#3
Poor Flash, seems like the WCS system is extremely resented by all Koreans.
mYi.Rain | SKT1.soO
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
October 19 2013 03:52 GMT
#4
Thanks for the translation!
Moderatorlickypiddy
Adebisi
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1637 Posts
October 19 2013 03:54 GMT
#5
Ouch, Flash ruthless D:
HotGlueGun
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1409 Posts
October 19 2013 03:54 GMT
#6
WCS really fucked over GSL and OSL. Blizz should have left Korea alone or just made WCS NA/EU just like gsl format instead of changing the format and prize money.
Don't hoot with the Owls at night if you cant soar with the Eagles at dawn.
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 04:04:56
October 19 2013 04:00 GMT
#7
A translation from the korean of the answer people seem to be responding to, just so it's a bit clearer for y'all:


Q: After today's matches, your schedule is concluded for the year.

Since I wasn't able to make it out of the Ro16, I don't have any big things to complain about. I've been hearing a lot of grumbling and complaints about the WCS format, and of course I don't think the format is great either. When it was first announced, I had a lot of hopes. At the time, I heard that the format wasn't going to differ much from the LoL World Cup so there was a bit of disappointment. I've heard that they are improving it for the future, so I'll have to wait and see. This season, with the decline in even foreign tournaments, I think has to be thought of as a complete failure.


Oh also, that part about Code A not seeding to Code S is not in the original interview. Pretty weird translations this :s
datouch
Profile Joined September 2012
Thailand59 Posts
October 19 2013 04:00 GMT
#8
Seem like he really want to improve.
Hope he's going to participate foreign tournaments more often.
DRG TaeJa Maru Mvp HerO
Tamagoshi
Profile Joined September 2012
Brazil981 Posts
October 19 2013 04:00 GMT
#9
It seems that his losses did no demotivate Flash, I hope he can do better next year!

I don't know about you guys, but I think it would be better if Blizz stops changing code S, just let it be like it was last year, and create another tournament for WCS KR or something like that
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 04:04:31
October 19 2013 04:02 GMT
#10
On October 19 2013 12:48 Applesmack wrote:
I would not call this WCS year a failure. Flash thinks its a failure because he didn't do well, but it provided some really fantastic games.
There would've been SC2 and great games regardless and Flash is very open about needing to improve his own game. Pretty ridiculous to suggest that he hates WCS because of his performances. If anything the GSL/OSL would've been harder without WCS.

He's probably more disappointed in what WCS has done to the Korean Starleagues in terms of reduced prize pools and a diluted player pool with less hype/prestige. He's interested in making SC2 successful in Korea and WCS certainly failed at that.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
Littlesheep
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada217 Posts
October 19 2013 04:03 GMT
#11
I really enjoy watching Flash play, surprised he hasn't had more success given his experience and how committed he is.

I expect a lot from him in 2014.
pro toez
larse
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
1611 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 04:13:18
October 19 2013 04:07 GMT
#12
On October 19 2013 13:00 Mintie wrote:
A translation from the korean of the answer people seem to be responding to, just so it's a bit clearer for y'all:


Q: After today's matches, your schedule is concluded for the year.

Since I wasn't able to make it out of the Ro16, I don't have any big things to complain about. I've been hearing a lot of grumbling and complaints about the WCS format, and of course I don't think the format is great either. When it was first announced, I had a lot of hopes. At the time, I heard that the format wasn't going to differ much from the LoL World Cup so there was a bit of disappointment. I've heard that they are improving it for the future, so I'll have to wait and see. This season, with the decline in even foreign tournaments, I think has to be thought of as a complete failure.


Oh also, that part about Code A not seeding to Code S is not in the original interview. Pretty weird translations this :s


The original article is this one. It's a little bit different. http://sports.news.naver.com/sports/index.nhn?category=e_sports&ctg=news&mod=read&office_id=347&article_id=0000046477&date=20131018&page=3

Also, I really hope the mass amount of people on TL who knows Korean can do more translation. I usually wait 2-3 days and if I don't see someone do a Korean translation, then I will go ahead to do the Chinese one. So please do more Korean translation. Don't just come out when I do a Chinese one to correct me. Though correction is definitely welcome.
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
October 19 2013 04:08 GMT
#13
I wish there was some way to differentiate OSL from WCS KR and have it run at the same time as GSL.
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
October 19 2013 04:10 GMT
#14
Oh, that makes sense! Crazy how similar they are. Sorry!
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 04:11:18
October 19 2013 04:11 GMT
#15
Maybe I'm one of the few who think this but WCS completely screwed over GSL. I used to see GSL as the most prestigious SCII league but after WCS got introduced, it's lacking a lot of people in it to return it to it's previous glory. Sad when you think about it but WCS did mess things up even if the intention was to promote the game and add more money to the scene. Hopefully the new season's format is better and Flash starts doing better as well. Thanks for translation!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 04:15:07
October 19 2013 04:14 GMT
#16
On October 19 2013 12:42 larse wrote:
I think has to be thought of as a complete failure.


God has spoken.

Are you listening Blizzard?
ThePrince
Profile Joined October 2010
Peru331 Posts
October 19 2013 04:23 GMT
#17
Wow. I am so glad that Flash seems focused on improving. He has a great mentality. I'm sure 2014 will be great for him
SK_MC, ST_Parting, STX_Bogus fighting!!! Colossi should shoot nukes and blink.
GatsbyTheGreat
Profile Joined October 2013
68 Posts
October 19 2013 04:43 GMT
#18
Even though he doesn't like WCS, or even not enjoy the game that much. At least he's still very motivated by looking at this interview. Hope he can at least reach one semi final in the near future, in Korean tournaments ofc.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
October 19 2013 04:54 GMT
#19
Bad results cut in two directions. One is to demotivate people, the other is to push them to work hard. I think we all know which Flash is.
kiss kiss fall in love
WonDeRSC
Profile Joined June 2011
United States234 Posts
October 19 2013 04:55 GMT
#20
Even if it starts with the qualifiers, I will do it again and make it.


Such a determined man... there's a reason why this guy's called God.
Good luck to flash, hopefully he can make it back in full strength
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 167
Nina 96
SpeCial 64
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 160
firebathero 81
910 38
NaDa 33
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 803
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0183
PPMD55
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9678
Liquid`Hasu1733
Trikslyr99
Other Games
summit1g6829
Liquid`RaSZi5821
Beastyqt734
shahzam504
B2W.Neo214
Pyrionflax179
JimRising 148
KnowMe139
ArmadaUGS98
ZombieGrub78
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream346
Other Games
BasetradeTV224
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 63
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• Eskiya23 20
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV540
League of Legends
• TFBlade1062
Other Games
• imaqtpie1148
• Shiphtur248
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.