• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:43
CEST 23:43
KST 06:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6197 users

Flash Interview Code A (About IEM, criticize WCS) - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
October 19 2013 05:09 GMT
#21
I wouldn't mind a decline in foreign tournaments, I can't even watch all of them. The mentality of interviews from Korea is really discouraging though, expected more fighting spirit from them.
Kommander
Profile Joined March 2011
Philippines4950 Posts
October 19 2013 05:12 GMT
#22
On October 19 2013 14:09 FeyFey wrote:
I wouldn't mind a decline in foreign tournaments, I can't even watch all of them. The mentality of interviews from Korea is really discouraging though, expected more fighting spirit from them.


It's hard to maintain a fighting spirit when the game you play for a living isn't even popular or receiving much local community support. It surely must be a struggle to motivate yourself to keep playing. Flash is Flash so obviously his drive is higher than most but at some point, he might eventually cave in like Bisu, Jangbi and the other ex-BW pros did.
Jacmert
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada1709 Posts
October 19 2013 05:30 GMT
#23
On October 19 2013 12:42 larse wrote:
Q: After today's WCS, your WCS games this year are finished.

Flash: Since I wasn't able to make it out of the Ro16, I don't have any big things to complain about. I've been hearing a lot of grumbling and complaints about the WCS format, and of course I don't think the format is great either. When it was first announced, I had a lot of hopes. At the time, I heard that the format wasn't going to differ much from the LoL World Cup so there was a bit of disappointment. I've heard that they are improving it for the future, so I'll have to wait and see. This season, with the decline in even foreign tournaments, I think has to be thought of as a complete failure.
(emphasis added)

That was the quote of the article for me, right there.
Plat Support Main #believe
jonich0n
Profile Joined February 2009
United States1982 Posts
October 19 2013 05:37 GMT
#24
my favorite part

Q: Any last words?

Flash: Other players are criticizing that the winners of Code A can't seed to Code S next season. But I don't have this luxury. My focus is to improve my skill and performance. Whether there is seed or not is not important. Even if it starts with the qualifiers, I will do it again and make it.


he can only get better still, really. onwards and upwards Flash
(>'.')>
CakeSauc3
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1437 Posts
October 19 2013 06:01 GMT
#25
Man, I admire this guy so much. Even if he wasn't playing a game I loved, I would still look up to him for his attitude.

There's a reason I cheer for you, Flash. GL with your preparations for 2014, man.
igay
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Australia1178 Posts
October 19 2013 06:03 GMT
#26
yeah im not hating but i do miss the way gsl use to be
MVP <3 MKP <3 DRG <3
Elroi
Profile Joined August 2009
Sweden5617 Posts
October 19 2013 06:38 GMT
#27
Flash: Other players are criticizing that the winners of Code A can't seed to Code S next season. But I don't have this luxury. My focus is to improve my skill and performance. Whether there is seed or not is not important. Even if it starts with the qualifiers, I will do it again and make it.

Spoken like a true competitior.
"To all eSports fans, I want to be remembered as a progamer who can make something out of nothing, and someone who always does his best. I think that is the right way of living, and I'm always doing my best to follow that." - Jaedong. /watch?v=jfghAzJqAp0
robson1
Profile Joined March 2013
3632 Posts
October 19 2013 06:52 GMT
#28
Flash mindset is the mindset of the ultimate champion. And I think it should elevate him to the top once more, given enough time. The guy just doesn't care about anything than being the best.
Genius is that funny scientist who no one takes seriously until he kills you with a flame throwing trumpet. - stuchiu 2013
MirageTaN
Profile Joined June 2012
Singapore871 Posts
October 19 2013 06:52 GMT
#29
The WCS format is shit . I am sorry blizzard but making a league above the others is just not wise. I much prefer the 2012 format just like Blizzcon
#TLWIN TI7, TLDota BEST TL
Valikyr
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
October 19 2013 07:07 GMT
#30
On October 19 2013 13:03 Littlesheep wrote:
I really enjoy watching Flash play, surprised he hasn't had more success given his experience and how committed he is.

I expect a lot from him in 2014.

From what I gathered he didn't practice SC2 that hard for a long time (compared to his insane BW practice schedule anyway) but has recently picked up the pace.
NKB
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom608 Posts
October 19 2013 07:17 GMT
#31
Flash always looking to get better and be the best, great interview.
Some times you just gotta wish...
Whoranzone
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany330 Posts
October 19 2013 07:22 GMT
#32
On October 19 2013 14:09 FeyFey wrote:
I wouldn't mind a decline in foreign tournaments

Don't know isn't it enough with nasl,mlg and ipl gone ?
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
October 19 2013 07:26 GMT
#33
Does anybody have any idea around when the next season will start? I hope that this time off will be what Flash really needs to get to the next level.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 07:41:12
October 19 2013 07:37 GMT
#34
I'm also looking forward to next season, but not sure whether this year the foreign tournaments really declined. I mean, the prize money handed out over all events is more or less the same than last year, isn't it?

edit: hm, maybe not.
SoFrOsTy
Profile Joined December 2011
United States525 Posts
October 19 2013 07:37 GMT
#35
OMG His final words are why I love him.
Julyzerg ftw
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44304 Posts
October 19 2013 08:26 GMT
#36
flash and jaedong always had a different mindset than everyone .. hmm i wish him luck in the rest of his sc2 days .. hope he will make mech work
this is a quote
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 08:37:39
October 19 2013 08:34 GMT
#37
Well at least it's clear Flash is here to stay (in sc2) and won't be on afreeca any time soon! The hopes for a new Jaedong vs Flash rivalry next season lives on.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 08:58:22
October 19 2013 08:41 GMT
#38
On October 19 2013 13:14 BronzeKnee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 12:42 larse wrote:
I think has to be thought of as a complete failure.


God has spoken.

Are you listening Blizzard?

No, because there's nothing to learn from that statement. If he made reasonable suggestions, sure, then it might be worth listening to. Otherwise his complaints are just as useless as a random TL poster.
edit - I love Flash too, so don't get me wrong. Just don't blindly think everything he says is worth gold, things he says should be kept to the same reasonable standard as anybody else
Refer to my post.
Squat
Profile Joined September 2013
Sweden7978 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 09:01:51
October 19 2013 09:00 GMT
#39
Flash hath layeth down the law, harken ye heathens but well, knoweth that thy Lord hath declared the realm of WCS to be corrupt and ungodly, and must by cleansed by the holy flame of Brood War.
"Digital. They have digital. What is digital?" - Donald J Trump
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 09:27:52
October 19 2013 09:20 GMT
#40
Hopefully tanks get buffed in a bigger way than they said and Flash can go back to being the king of mech again. If that happens I'll be a very happy man next season.

Flash and SKT keeping the game alive for me :p
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 171
Nina 96
SpeCial 74
StarCraft: Brood War
White-Ra 160
firebathero 68
910 39
NaDa 29
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm2
Counter-Strike
Fnx 803
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0170
PPMD55
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby8800
Liquid`Hasu1696
Trikslyr87
Other Games
summit1g6829
Liquid`RaSZi5755
shahzam513
B2W.Neo217
JimRising 183
Pyrionflax179
KnowMe139
ArmadaUGS98
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream319
Other Games
BasetradeTV218
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 63
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 32
• Eskiya23 23
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV540
League of Legends
• TFBlade1062
Other Games
• imaqtpie1148
• Shiphtur259
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 18m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 18m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.