• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:48
CEST 07:48
KST 14:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)27Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7215 users

MarineKing Switching To League Of Legends - Page 38

Forum Index > SC2 General
1146 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 58 Next
Stop the League of Legends bashing. Temp bans will be handed out from now on. - Page 32.
pidj
Profile Joined December 2012
France47 Posts
October 11 2013 16:38 GMT
#741
wich post is he playing in lol ?:p
<3 MKP
BriMikon
Profile Joined November 2010
United States82 Posts
October 11 2013 16:44 GMT
#742
Sad, he was one of the best personalities. I don't think he will shine like he did in sc2, but the move is understandable.
"...if joyful is the fountain that rises in the sun, its springs are in the wells of sorrow unfathomed at the foundations of the Earth." -Tolkien
y0su
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Finland7871 Posts
October 11 2013 16:44 GMT
#743
SC2 is not dead. It's not dying.

I remember when baseball was the most popular sport in the USA. Then (am) football surpassed it... Baseball hasn't died.
I also remember my favorite athlete retiring (early/unexpectedly/near his prime). I kept rooting for my favorite team and found new players to cheer for.

I'm sorry to see MKP leave SC2. I wish him the best in his future endeavors (whatever they may be).

SC2 remains very alive.

hansonslee
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States2027 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-11 16:47:29
October 11 2013 16:45 GMT
#744
I want to kill myself X_X

But I guess it works really well for him, because MarineKing loved his epic micro, which is a big part of MOBA.
Seed's # 1 fan!!! #ForVengeance
Bareleon
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
371 Posts
October 11 2013 16:46 GMT
#745
Anyone know what position he will play?
Swords
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
6038 Posts
October 11 2013 16:51 GMT
#746
It's sad because he was so iconic as an SC2 player. I hope he ends up as the adc for Prime though, since it's all about kiting and stutter-step - seems like a natural place for him to end up.
Kommatiazo
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States579 Posts
October 11 2013 16:51 GMT
#747
Uggghhhh my heart pieces. MKP come back to me!! :,,,(
"You must enemy don't know, and very good micro" - Bosstoss #Wet4Ret
BillGates
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
471 Posts
October 11 2013 16:59 GMT
#748
Well there are less opportunities in SC2 and LoL is way easier, so it makes sense. There is pretty much the same amount of money, while the game is easier.

SC2 does require more skills, does require way more physical action, you have way more actions to perform and is very taxing mentally as well in long games or long series.

So a good choice from him, since he was getting worse and worse in SC2, he knew he couldn't handle the competition.
Lemonayd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States745 Posts
October 11 2013 17:00 GMT
#749
He was the poster child of SC2 in WoL. What a shame
SecondHand
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States329 Posts
October 11 2013 17:01 GMT
#750
</3
Ladder more, win less
Riquiz
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands402 Posts
October 11 2013 17:02 GMT
#751
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo : (

SadPandaMode: Engaged
Caster man does casting on yt/RiquizCasts
HornyHerring
Profile Joined March 2011
Papua New Guinea1059 Posts
October 11 2013 17:05 GMT
#752
So happy, he's gone!
oh, hai
Guileful
Profile Joined November 2012
Kazakhstan137 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-11 17:07:47
October 11 2013 17:07 GMT
#753
I want to get back to those good old days of WoL when SC2 was really popular
gingerfluffmuff
Profile Joined January 2011
Austria4570 Posts
October 11 2013 17:07 GMT
#754
You will never be forgotten. The moment you showed the world how to rape banes with marines , you opened a previously hidden door for us (the master race).

♥MKP♥. I hope you will be successful in LoL.
・゚✧:・゚+..。✧・゚:・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚ ゜・:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING *・゜・:・゚✧:・゚✧。゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:・゜・:・゚✧::・・:・゚・゚
Hayl_Storm
Profile Joined April 2011
The Shire633 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-29 15:52:30
October 11 2013 17:10 GMT
#755
Well, this stinks.
Editor@TL_Hayl // Return of the (Marine)King
Arco
Profile Joined September 2009
United States2090 Posts
October 11 2013 17:16 GMT
#756
Understandable, as SC2 failed to become the successor to Brood War in Korea.
CrayonPopChoa
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada761 Posts
October 11 2013 17:18 GMT
#757
On October 12 2013 01:44 y0su wrote:
SC2 is not dead. It's not dying.

I remember when baseball was the most popular sport in the USA. Then (am) football surpassed it... Baseball hasn't died.
I also remember my favorite athlete retiring (early/unexpectedly/near his prime). I kept rooting for my favorite team and found new players to cheer for.

I'm sorry to see MKP leave SC2. I wish him the best in his future endeavors (whatever they may be).

SC2 remains very alive.



SC2 isnt a team sport though. There are people who just follow the scene for certain players. I like BW as a game but only follow sc2 because of Flash. I think now that Bisu is back in BW many of those that followed SC2 because of him left with him, it will happen with MKP to some extent. Its like in golf, I and a lot of other people will only watch tournaments with Tiger Woods in them. I have stopped carrying about Formula 1 since Schumacher retired. I no longer really follow Tennis since Federer stopped winning. I get the team sports analogy but I think its a lot harder to give a shit about a team in SC2 even in sports the team connection is most if they are from your home town. Like for the NFL for example Im in Canada so I dont identify with any team really, I used to like the chiefs cause of priest holmes, the vikings, patriots cause of randy moss, the ravens cause of Lewis and Reed etc. Look at how many people follow Jaedong no matter what team he goes to. I certainly will have no desire to follow SC2 once Flash leaves. So ye I guess my point is, that I do think this will take fans away from SC2 and that whenever a big name retires a fraction of there fanbase leaves with them. How significant it is I do not know.
BW4LIFE
Happygreek
Profile Joined April 2012
United States220 Posts
October 11 2013 17:19 GMT
#758
Awwwww miss you already
Fighter
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1531 Posts
October 11 2013 17:23 GMT
#759
Nooooooooooooo T_T
For Aiur???
DarthBotto
Profile Joined January 2011
United States72 Posts
October 11 2013 17:23 GMT
#760
I'm sorry to see this.
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 58 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1978
Snow 177
910 58
Bale 31
ZergMaN 15
Noble 13
Icarus 8
sorry 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Fuzer 28
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox697
C9.Mang0171
Mew2King34
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1193
WinterStarcraft633
Other Games
summit1g8229
JimRising 625
PiGStarcraft293
Maynarde127
Sick127
ArmadaUGS116
RuFF_SC280
Livibee70
ViBE54
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick580
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2231
League of Legends
• Lourlo1258
• Rush1136
• Stunt525
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 13m
OSC
7h 13m
Stellar Fest
7h 13m
OSC
18h 13m
Stellar Fest
1d 7h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.