• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:22
CEST 01:22
KST 08:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8678 users

SC2 Power Rank - September 2013 - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
339 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
Wintex
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Norway16849 Posts
September 05 2013 07:06 GMT
#121
I'm happy. I just don't know how to react now. He has grown.
The Bomber boy
Zealos
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United Kingdom3576 Posts
September 05 2013 07:26 GMT
#122
Jaedong better then Inno? Hmm.
On the internet if you disagree with or dislike something you're angry and taking it too seriously. == Join TLMafia !
SaltySam
Profile Joined January 2013
65 Posts
September 05 2013 07:40 GMT
#123
On September 05 2013 14:46 skatblast wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 14:38 SaltySam wrote:
On September 05 2013 13:04 lichter wrote:
On September 05 2013 13:00 SaltySam wrote:
On September 05 2013 12:59 lichter wrote:
The rankings also take into consideration tournament success, not just quality of play. People who win things (or get 2nd I guess) get a huge bump over people who don't.
I know, but that defeats the purpose of a power ranking in my opinion. Since stronger players with less results are lower. Oh well. xP


Money is power; winning gets you money :p
Well then MC should be in the top 10 shouldn't he? xP


This isnt 2011
Did you even read our message exchange?
cookiz
Profile Joined March 2013
Burma181 Posts
September 05 2013 07:41 GMT
#124
Bomber is so good..
Plus i think Inno should rank #3, hes still the best of the best
IM_MVP | DRG (<ゝω·)☆
xluik
Profile Joined September 2012
201 Posts
September 05 2013 07:49 GMT
#125
This list is pretty close to what I feel but sad to see Innovation drop so far down and glad to see Taeja up there.
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
September 05 2013 07:49 GMT
#126
Thats a pretty good PR

Community News
TL+ Member
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
September 05 2013 08:10 GMT
#127
On September 05 2013 16:41 cookiz wrote:
Bomber is so good..
Plus i think Inno should rank #3, hes still the best of the best


Naniwa #2
AdministratorBreak the chains
75
Profile Joined December 2012
Germany4057 Posts
September 05 2013 08:14 GMT
#128
On September 05 2013 16:06 Wintex wrote:
I'm happy. I just don't know how to react now. He has grown.

bomber on #1 is making bombers law even more powerful.
yo twitch, as long as I can watch 480p lagfree I'm happy
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
September 05 2013 08:17 GMT
#129
On September 05 2013 17:14 75 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 16:06 Wintex wrote:
I'm happy. I just don't know how to react now. He has grown.

bomber on #1 is making bombers law even more powerful.


I'm confident by now that "Bomber's Law" is actually "The law of making ST fans upset"
AdministratorBreak the chains
FakePseudo
Profile Joined January 2012
Belgium716 Posts
September 05 2013 08:21 GMT
#130
On September 05 2013 12:10 Ammanas wrote:
I think, I cannot fully agree with the shape the power rank is taking. I mean, it is quite different from what I would think power rank should serve for. Let me explain.

The power rank as TL writers see it, is a review of how good players performed THIS MONTH with a very little emphasis also on past results.

I would like to see Power Rank as a list of Top 10 players in the world overall and every month just update it a little with the results of said month.

Because in this power rank, there surely are strong players. Are there all top 10 world players in there? Certainly not. And for sure not in the order they should be.

And to also try to show you how I would do it (and how I would rate the Top 10 players in the world right now), here goes (obviously, since I am only 1 person, there will probably be a little bit of bias):

+ Show Spoiler +
1. Taeja
2. Innovation
3. Soulkey
4. Bomber
5. Rain
6. Polt
7. Parting
8. sOs
9. Jaedong
10. Hyun

With Parting, Polt and sOs almost completely interchangeable (this months results play in favor of this order) and same for JD and Hyun. And yes, no Maru, mostly because I would not bet on him vs any of these players, even though he already beat some of them.


Totally agree with your points. I might also add, regarding the "winning tournaments gives you a real bump" that, as a non BW watcher (by that I mean that I didn't know what it was like back then), I had hoped the power rank would be the exaggerated epitome of objectivity and skepticism towards (kinda shorts) streaks, hype and sudden rises. Obviously this would inherently have a lot of disadvantages and would mean PR would seem always a bit off and standing some feet above the stuff happening meanwhile, [which is a spirit I would actually quite like, and you often will find in respectable, old, organizations (with all the fire some of them deserve)]. I mean, if it was just a review of last month's results, why make it such a big deal then?

Some of the rankings I disagree the most with and that back what I'm trying to say are mostly basing this PR on a 16-men tournament where probably 10 of them where jetlagged as hell (looking at you rain), and dropping soulkey *so* low. With my conception of the PR (and I agree it is as arguable as any other and you are welcome to discuss it), this guy would be the perfect fit for a top top ranking. He's probably the most consistent player on HoTS, and as you said and Tasteless perfectly summarized "basically only loses to innovation". Losing to this player, your archnemesis, in his best matchup, which happens to be a bit biased too isn't enough to be placed so low, even if it means you didn't have the chance to prove himself at WCS finals, and that is something, to me, PR should consider. I mean, did you see this guy play in WCS a few days agos? This guy is a fucking ROCK </fanboy>

Thank you for reading and sorry for bad english
I am the 0.0007% /forum/viewpost.php?post_id=17208334|| Big Black Women Vocals Is Like Porn to my Ears ||San Antonio Spurs|Boston Celtics||#1EZToss Hater;
painkilla
Profile Joined June 2013
United States695 Posts
September 05 2013 08:26 GMT
#131
Taeja is clearly the most powerful player and should be #1. His domination of Rain demonstrated nothing but power. Bomber might have won WCS, on the back of smart preparation and diverse strategies but no one can play TvP like Taeja did.
Supernova | TY | Polt | Innovation | forGG | Lucifron | Happy
Gorilla23
Profile Joined March 2012
United States339 Posts
September 05 2013 08:28 GMT
#132
TaeJa has always had amazing TvT, and Rain is predictable to the point where if a player players greedy economically, they tend to win (provided they're a good player). With that said, I don't believe TaeJa belongs at #2.
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
September 05 2013 08:29 GMT
#133
On September 05 2013 17:26 painkilla wrote:
Taeja is clearly the most powerful player and should be #1. His domination of Rain demonstrated nothing but power. Bomber might have won WCS, on the back of smart preparation and diverse strategies but no one can play TvP like Taeja did.


Yes, clearly
AdministratorBreak the chains
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
September 05 2013 08:29 GMT
#134
POLT?!?

Well I guess in the months before this one we had the blessing of a stable ranking through the good players being good but with the recent chaos this power rank stumbles into absurdity. Sad to see. I don't blame monk, I blame the game btw.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
September 05 2013 08:32 GMT
#135
On September 05 2013 17:29 Aunvilgod wrote:
POLT?!?

Well I guess in the months before this one we had the blessing of a stable ranking through the good players being good but with the recent chaos this power rank stumbles into absurdity. Sad to see. I don't blame monk, I blame the game btw.


Power Rank is wrong

Cataclysm Redux
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
painkilla
Profile Joined June 2013
United States695 Posts
September 05 2013 08:45 GMT
#136
On September 05 2013 17:29 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 17:26 painkilla wrote:
Taeja is clearly the most powerful player and should be #1. His domination of Rain demonstrated nothing but power. Bomber might have won WCS, on the back of smart preparation and diverse strategies but no one can play TvP like Taeja did.


Yes, clearly


Yes, clearly. Bomber's play is efficient but not awe inspiring. He had good brackets too. I felt Rain would have beaten him again if they met.
Supernova | TY | Polt | Innovation | forGG | Lucifron | Happy
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 08:56:53
September 05 2013 08:50 GMT
#137
On September 05 2013 17:45 painkilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 17:29 Zealously wrote:
On September 05 2013 17:26 painkilla wrote:
Taeja is clearly the most powerful player and should be #1. His domination of Rain demonstrated nothing but power. Bomber might have won WCS, on the back of smart preparation and diverse strategies but no one can play TvP like Taeja did.


Yes, clearly


Yes, clearly. Bomber's play is efficient but not awe inspiring. He had good brackets too. I felt Rain would have beaten him again if they met.


???

Bomber's path was very tough from OSL to Regionals. A lot harder than Taeja's, not to mention he got his championship by slaying Taeja himself. He's now 8-2 against him in HotS.

With the way Rain was playing in Europe, I highly doubt Bomber would've lost to him again.
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
September 05 2013 08:50 GMT
#138
On September 05 2013 17:45 painkilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 17:29 Zealously wrote:
On September 05 2013 17:26 painkilla wrote:
Taeja is clearly the most powerful player and should be #1. His domination of Rain demonstrated nothing but power. Bomber might have won WCS, on the back of smart preparation and diverse strategies but no one can play TvP like Taeja did.


Yes, clearly


Yes, clearly. Bomber's play is efficient but not awe inspiring. He had good brackets too. I felt Rain would have beaten him again if they met.

Your feelings doesn't make you right sadly.
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
September 05 2013 08:51 GMT
#139
On September 05 2013 17:45 painkilla wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 17:29 Zealously wrote:
On September 05 2013 17:26 painkilla wrote:
Taeja is clearly the most powerful player and should be #1. His domination of Rain demonstrated nothing but power. Bomber might have won WCS, on the back of smart preparation and diverse strategies but no one can play TvP like Taeja did.


Yes, clearly


Yes, clearly. Bomber's play is efficient but not awe inspiring. He had good brackets too. I felt Rain would have beaten him again if they met.


This just in: TvP only match-up that matters
AdministratorBreak the chains
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-09-05 09:01:15
September 05 2013 08:59 GMT
#140
On September 05 2013 17:51 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2013 17:45 painkilla wrote:
On September 05 2013 17:29 Zealously wrote:
On September 05 2013 17:26 painkilla wrote:
Taeja is clearly the most powerful player and should be #1. His domination of Rain demonstrated nothing but power. Bomber might have won WCS, on the back of smart preparation and diverse strategies but no one can play TvP like Taeja did.


Yes, clearly


Yes, clearly. Bomber's play is efficient but not awe inspiring. He had good brackets too. I felt Rain would have beaten him again if they met.


This just in: TvP only match-up that matters


What's going on darling, you seem aggressive recently :/

As a summary of the month I agree with most things on this list. Only thing to criticize imo is Maru that high considering how hard he got smacked around at the WCS Finals by aLive and Scarlett.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft358
Nina 127
ViBE116
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14092
firebathero 115
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm171
febbydoto91
League of Legends
Doublelift4309
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5519
Other Games
summit1g8660
FrodaN2165
mouzStarbuck437
JimRising 431
KnowMe236
ArmadaUGS94
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1179
BasetradeTV204
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream112
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 109
• musti20045 32
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 0
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 38m
INu's Battles
12h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
15h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 38m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 38m
Replay Cast
23h 38m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 10h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 11h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.