• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:58
CEST 06:58
KST 13:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202612Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9682 users

DES Article Clarifying Jaedong's Future Options

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
juki
Profile Joined April 2012
68 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 22:26:21
July 12 2013 22:24 GMT
#1
This is a translation of a Daily e-Sports article on Jaedong's future regarding his lease to EG and possible return to Team 8. The lease term runs out in November 2013. The article seems to say that Jaedong has the option of extending his lease to EG, returning to Team 8, or even trying to go to a different team. He will be able to start negotiations in August.



[image loading]


As Team 8 receives sponsorship from JinAir, they are also looking into the future of Lee Jae-Dong, who was leased to foreign team EG (Evil Geniuses).

Lee Jae-Dong is currently on loan from Team 8 to EG. His term is set to expire at the end of November 2013. At that time, if EG does not extend the contract, he will automatically return to Team 8. His future plans afterward will depend on his own desires, and are independent of Team 8's new sponsorship agreement.

Seo Hyong-Seok, an official at the Korean e-Sports Association, which is overseeing Lee Jae-Dong's lease, said, "Regarding Lee Jae-Dong's lease term with EG, if the contract is not extended, he will return to Team 8 at the end of November".

However, starting at the end of August, Lee Jae-Dong will be able to start talks with KESPA over his desires regarding his lease to EG and possible return to Team 8. If he wishes to go to another team instead of Team 8 after his lease, he must negotiate with KESPA over these those three months. Alternatively, if EG wishes to extend the lease and he agrees, there is the possibility that he will remain with EG.

When JinAir took ownership of Team 8, they did not mandate that Lee Jae-Dong be forced to return to the team. Therefore, he can choose to stay with EG, return to Team 8, or try for a different team.

KESPA deputy Seo Hyong-Seok said, "Lee Jae-Dong will stay with EG until the end of November, after which he will be transferred to KESPA, which oversees Team 8," but, "The recent sponsorship agreement does not restrict his opportunities, and he is free to choose his path as he desires."

Original Article by Lee So-Ra sora@dailyesports.com
PM me if you want a BW-related item translated (stuff on former players is okay as well)
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
July 12 2013 22:28 GMT
#2
KTDong? But I do like him in EG-TL.
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
July 12 2013 22:28 GMT
#3
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
July 12 2013 22:29 GMT
#4
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!


Oh dear god
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
July 12 2013 22:31 GMT
#5
Hm I don't see EG letting go of Jaedong. He has had great tournament results in the lans he went to (semi finals dreamhack, finals dreamhack, top 8 MLG, won the kingston hyperX tournament) and is also in premier league for wcs america.

If he isn't resigned to EG I will be shocked xD. Either way as long as he still goes to all the major tournaments (dreamhack/mlg I guess are only ones now) then I don't care what team he is on, although I like watching his stream to...
When I think of something else, something will go here
NightOfTheDead
Profile Joined August 2009
Lithuania1711 Posts
July 12 2013 22:35 GMT
#6
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!


Of course, EG training environment could bring Innovation to even better heights!
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
July 12 2013 22:36 GMT
#7
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!

You honestly want INnoVation to stop doing well? Seriously though, I love STX, hope they don't disband.
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
Walnuts
Profile Joined March 2012
United States770 Posts
July 12 2013 22:37 GMT
#8
On July 13 2013 07:29 Linwelin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!


Oh dear god

dear is on STX, but Flash isn't sorry.
Gandalf on balance: "It's always darkest before the dawn"
Fluffboll
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden516 Posts
July 12 2013 22:44 GMT
#9
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!


I find your signature combined with this message funny
You need to construct additional pylons.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
July 12 2013 22:45 GMT
#10
He sure gets a lot of publicity for a mid-tier player.

User was temp banned for this post.
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 22:49:30
July 12 2013 22:47 GMT
#11
I don't think i ever thought i'd say this, but i hope he stays with EG.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
July 12 2013 22:48 GMT
#12
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!

It'd be great if people stopped hoping for teams to disband.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 22:49:02
July 12 2013 22:48 GMT
#13
On July 13 2013 07:45 Bagi wrote:
He sure gets a lot of publicity for a mid-tier player.


Mid-ter?

Damn if this is considered mid-tier: semi finals dreamhack, finals dreamhack, top 8 MLG, and qualifying for WCS premier league (these are his results since the first dreamhack).

Then you must think everyone is a mid-tier player other then the select few players like innovation/soulkey and maybe a few more.

When I think of something else, something will go here
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-12 22:50:07
July 12 2013 22:49 GMT
#14
He may not be the best player right now, or may have had the most impressive transition, but what really impressed me is that he has continously improved ever since transitioning. Slowly but steadily. I hope he stays with EG and that EGTL will stay with ProLeague, but either way I'm glad he is with SC2 <3
[image loading][image loading][image loading]
Get off my lawn, young punks
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
July 12 2013 22:52 GMT
#15
On July 13 2013 07:35 NightOfTheDead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!


Of course, EG training environment could bring Innovation to even better heights!

Is he strong enough to defy the curse?
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
July 12 2013 22:52 GMT
#16
I don't see why EG wouldn't want to keep him.
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
July 12 2013 22:54 GMT
#17
On July 13 2013 07:48 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 07:45 Bagi wrote:
He sure gets a lot of publicity for a mid-tier player.


Mid-ter?

Damn if this is considered mid-tier: semi finals dreamhack, finals dreamhack, top 8 MLG, and qualifying for WCS premier league (these are his results since the first dreamhack).

Then you must think everyone is a mid-tier player other then the select few players like innovation/soulkey and maybe a few more.


He gets those results because hes at every event and playing against foreigners.

I'm comparing him against the Korean playerbase, among them I don't think he is that impressive. He would not be in the RO32 of OSL had he stayed in Korean WCS for example.
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
July 12 2013 22:55 GMT
#18
Jaedong seems pretty set on staying on EG for the long-run. He has shown good results overall in DreamHack and other tournaments and must be content with the financial incentives that EG provides.
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
July 12 2013 22:56 GMT
#19
Jaedong to eSF!

MVPJaedong pls :>
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
Just_a_Moth
Profile Joined March 2012
Canada1971 Posts
July 12 2013 23:03 GMT
#20
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!

You're hoping a team disbands?
1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
ProTech131
Nina 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3390
Shuttle 1493
Sharp 353
Dewaltoss 82
Mong 68
Noble 15
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox599
Mew2King19
Other Games
summit1g8028
WinterStarcraft527
C9.Mang0281
Sick120
ViBE114
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 36
• StrangeGG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2101
League of Legends
• Lourlo1037
• Stunt336
Other Games
• Shiphtur363
Upcoming Events
OSC
18h 2m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 5h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.