• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:38
CEST 08:38
KST 15:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202614Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9914 users

DES Article Clarifying Jaedong's Future Options - Page 8

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
aRyuujin
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States5049 Posts
July 15 2013 03:59 GMT
#141
i kinda hope he gets on a kespa team so he can improve properly
can i get my estro logo back pls
DavoS
Profile Blog Joined October 2012
United States4605 Posts
July 15 2013 04:32 GMT
#142
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!

You are a horrible horrible person
"KDA is actually the most useless stat in the game" Aui_2000
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-15 04:34:18
July 15 2013 04:33 GMT
#143
That's really cool he has options at the end of his term. I'm sure he'll make the best decision if he chooses to stay with EG or move on. He's a hard worker so I don't comprehend some of the comments in this thread about him staying on EG will make him better or worse. He'll figure out how to win PvZ and start taking more gold medals at events.
There's no S in KT. :P
TJ31
Profile Joined October 2012
630 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-15 04:35:19
July 15 2013 04:34 GMT
#144
On July 15 2013 12:59 aRyuujin wrote:
i kinda hope he gets on a kespa team so he can improve properly

^this.

I feel like he really can improve a lot, maybe to not his BW level since it's a different game which doesn't suit him and a lot of the "BW veteran" players as well, but maybe to Flash's current level. He won't improve in EG, we already can see that.

Ofc it's cool to see more of him, but if I had to choose between "less, but stronger JD" vs " lots and lots of weaker JD", I'd pick the former.

Maybe not even Kespa, just a solid korean team, like LG-IM maybe.
Existential
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia2107 Posts
July 15 2013 04:39 GMT
#145
Never ever thought I would be saying this. But I kinda hope for a KTJD....
Jaedong <3 | BW - The first game I ever loved
alexanderzero
Profile Joined June 2008
United States659 Posts
July 15 2013 05:13 GMT
#146
The only way he's gonna get out of this slump is if he goes back to a successful team. Personally I'm hoping he can get in with STX, SKT1, or KT.
I am a tournament organizazer.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
July 15 2013 05:23 GMT
#147
On July 15 2013 13:34 TJ31 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2013 12:59 aRyuujin wrote:
i kinda hope he gets on a kespa team so he can improve properly

^this.

I feel like he really can improve a lot, maybe to not his BW level since it's a different game which doesn't suit him and a lot of the "BW veteran" players as well, but maybe to Flash's current level. He won't improve in EG, we already can see that.

Ofc it's cool to see more of him, but if I had to choose between "less, but stronger JD" vs " lots and lots of weaker JD", I'd pick the former.

Maybe not even Kespa, just a solid korean team, like LG-IM maybe.

The amount of playing time of a regular proleague player probably plays more then most imo. If the premise of Jaedong joining a 'proper team' would lead to a Jaedong who played better is actually correct, then outside of team loyalty there really isn't much to do but hope he changes team I guess.

That said, I'm not too sure if the problem with jaedong is his training environment or himself, as his zvt and zvz seem to be pretty amazing.
alexanderzero
Profile Joined June 2008
United States659 Posts
July 15 2013 05:38 GMT
#148
On July 15 2013 14:23 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2013 13:34 TJ31 wrote:
On July 15 2013 12:59 aRyuujin wrote:
i kinda hope he gets on a kespa team so he can improve properly

^this.

I feel like he really can improve a lot, maybe to not his BW level since it's a different game which doesn't suit him and a lot of the "BW veteran" players as well, but maybe to Flash's current level. He won't improve in EG, we already can see that.

Ofc it's cool to see more of him, but if I had to choose between "less, but stronger JD" vs " lots and lots of weaker JD", I'd pick the former.

Maybe not even Kespa, just a solid korean team, like LG-IM maybe.

The amount of playing time of a regular proleague player probably plays more then most imo. If the premise of Jaedong joining a 'proper team' would lead to a Jaedong who played better is actually correct, then outside of team loyalty there really isn't much to do but hope he changes team I guess.

That said, I'm not too sure if the problem with jaedong is his training environment or himself, as his zvt and zvz seem to be pretty amazing.


Well the only top-tier Protoss player on EG-TL is Hero. I'm not sure who else Jaedong has to practice with but I doubt he's getting much access to the other world's best Protoss players like Rain, Flying, Trap, Jangbi, etc...
I am a tournament organizazer.
Nerski
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1095 Posts
July 15 2013 05:56 GMT
#149
On July 14 2013 03:31 Waxangel wrote:
as with every discussion like this, all evaluations of worth are largely pointless considering we have no idea how much anyone gets paid

of course EG would love to keep jaedong

who knows if the amount they're willing to pay for him matches what a korean team is willing to pay for him


For that matter who knows what he's looking to get out of any transition.

Does he just want max money? Does he want travel opportunities? To wrap up his career in korea?

He's done a lot in the last 8 years of starcraft, he's not old, but he's no spring chicken either. I would think at this point it'd be no surprise to see him extended with EG for another year then wrap up his career in Korea after that. That gives him 2 years to do a lot of things he never really got to do while being part of KeSPA. Then he can return to a KR team and play until he no longer has the desire and or ability to keep up. After that who knows if he'd stay in the scene as a coach or entertainer. Could simply choose to use the money and fame he's earned over his career to live the easy life I'm sure, assuming he's saved money anyway.

Regardless he's probably got another few good years left in him so he'll want to choose wisely as he won't likely get these same opportunities again down the road.
Twitter: @GoForNerski /// Youtube: Youtube.com/nerskisc
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
July 15 2013 06:00 GMT
#150
Does EG-TL have practice partners? Remember that KeSPA teams didn't just have players grinding games off of each other but also partners that they could play games with.
kiss kiss fall in love
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
July 15 2013 06:03 GMT
#151
I'm a T8 fan, but honestly, I'm a bit surprised to see people criticizing Jaedong's performance so much. He's obviously improved during his time with EG (though I reject the notion that this improvement could not have happened elsewhere) and as far as his vP goes, it's not that bad. It's not great, but let's be honest, if his ZvP was as good as his other matchups, he would be one of the top players in the world, if not the top. His performance, and especially his improvement, has been very admirable. I still remember his disastrous "burrow my roaches to their deaths" first game in PL, so... let's say that I'm pleased.

That being said, I want him on T8 pretty badly. It's most likely not gonna happen, but damn it all, he's ours . It sucked for me when he left the team because they were already in a bad way, and it just seemed like confirmation that T8 was done for. And maybe if he had been on T8 the whole time they would have done better. Of course I hope (and believe) that he's happy on EG, and that the time has been good for him, but at the same time, I feel bad for T8 (now GW) because they can't seem to catch a break. I want him on their team just like I want them to sign any other rising star or established player. It could help the team having someone with that much experience and skill.

Obviously what's good for him is the most important thing, but I will definitely be sad if he doesn't come back to T8-GW. Either way, I hope he keeps getting better and improves every facet of his game. I don't think the team he's on is necessarily the biggest factor in whether that happens or not, but I know that it would definitely make this superfan happy if it happened on my team.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
zmsFlood
Profile Joined April 2013
Finland169 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-15 06:10:36
July 15 2013 06:09 GMT
#152
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!


Please god, no!

EDIT: Also, I really hope that JD goes to a KeSPA team so he can get the practice he needs to get tyrant-mode once again
twitter.com/laurifalck | I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking. | TLO!
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
July 15 2013 06:09 GMT
#153
Seo Hyong-Seok is pretty cool.

And for JD, I'd like to see him going back to T8. Maybe he'd get back to top level.
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
phipsL
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany189 Posts
July 15 2013 06:17 GMT
#154
with that picture he could just as well get a model contract. from any team.
I'm a f*cking walking paradox.
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
July 15 2013 06:22 GMT
#155
On July 15 2013 15:03 sc2superfan101 wrote:
I'm a T8 fan, but honestly, I'm a bit surprised to see people criticizing Jaedong's performance so much. He's obviously improved during his time with EG (though I reject the notion that this improvement could not have happened elsewhere) and as far as his vP goes, it's not that bad. It's not great, but let's be honest, if his ZvP was as good as his other matchups, he would be one of the top players in the world, if not the top. His performance, and especially his improvement, has been very admirable. I still remember his disastrous "burrow my roaches to their deaths" first game in PL, so... let's say that I'm pleased.

That being said, I want him on T8 pretty badly. It's most likely not gonna happen, but damn it all, he's ours . It sucked for me when he left the team because they were already in a bad way, and it just seemed like confirmation that T8 was done for. And maybe if he had been on T8 the whole time they would have done better. Of course I hope (and believe) that he's happy on EG, and that the time has been good for him, but at the same time, I feel bad for T8 (now GW) because they can't seem to catch a break. I want him on their team just like I want them to sign any other rising star or established player. It could help the team having someone with that much experience and skill.

Obviously what's good for him is the most important thing, but I will definitely be sad if he doesn't come back to T8-GW. Either way, I hope he keeps getting better and improves every facet of his game. I don't think the team he's on is necessarily the biggest factor in whether that happens or not, but I know that it would definitely make this superfan happy if it happened on my team.


Yeah I feel. It looked like T8 was this KT/STX-esque sort of team with a decent group of backup players but no leading man to head the charge.
kiss kiss fall in love
Rickyvalle21
Profile Joined July 2012
United States320 Posts
July 15 2013 06:32 GMT
#156
On July 13 2013 07:48 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 07:45 Bagi wrote:
He sure gets a lot of publicity for a mid-tier player.


Mid-ter?

Damn if this is considered mid-tier: semi finals dreamhack, finals dreamhack, top 8 MLG, and qualifying for WCS premier league (these are his results since the first dreamhack).

Then you must think everyone is a mid-tier player other then the select few players like innovation/soulkey and maybe a few more.


Didn't Jaedong get 2-0ed by a mid master by the name of NrGQuasar? I think alot of people would agree that.he has been dissapointing.
people say practice is perfect but if nothing is perfect whats the point in practicing?
mongmong
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)1389 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-15 07:01:39
July 15 2013 06:56 GMT
#157
On July 14 2013 00:33 dinosrwar wrote:
JD should go back to GW and train his JvP against Jaehoon to improve and become a super Ace again. He doesn't have any good P practice partners on EG.



Heh... I dont think the problem of jaedong's poor zvp lies on being on EG. Can you tell me why Flash is so good despite the mediocore practice partners he has? Why does Bisu suck so much at pvp even though he has world class protoss players around him?
어헣 ↗ 어헣 ↗
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
July 15 2013 07:25 GMT
#158
JeadongPrime... oh boy... this is gonna be epiic. Good terrans/good zergs and good protos on 1 team. Finally potential to win something
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
govie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
9334 Posts
July 15 2013 07:26 GMT
#159
On July 15 2013 15:56 mongmong wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2013 00:33 dinosrwar wrote:
JD should go back to GW and train his JvP against Jaehoon to improve and become a super Ace again. He doesn't have any good P practice partners on EG.



Heh... I dont think the problem of jaedong's poor zvp lies on being on EG. Can you tell me why Flash is so good despite the mediocore practice partners he has? Why does Bisu suck so much at pvp even though he has world class protoss players around him?


He forgot the timings?
The two NBA teams in states with legal weed are called the Nuggets and the Blazers...
TAMinator
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia2706 Posts
July 15 2013 07:49 GMT
#160
LG-IM.JD
He needs ZvP practice and thats a good place to get it!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3957
Mong 76
sorry 47
ToSsGirL 41
Icarus 8
Noble 7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King153
Other Games
summit1g8180
WinterStarcraft609
ceh9305
Sick164
Happy50
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2279
League of Legends
• Lourlo1007
• Stunt403
Other Games
• Shiphtur565
Upcoming Events
OSC
16h 22m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 3h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.