• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:32
CEST 03:32
KST 10:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War385.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9452 users

DES Article Clarifying Jaedong's Future Options - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Polygamy
Profile Joined January 2010
Austria1114 Posts
July 13 2013 17:32 GMT
#101
I would hate to see it but I would also not be surprised at all to see him retire.
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
July 13 2013 17:33 GMT
#102
Hmm, I want him to stay in EG since he's already one of the best players other than his ZvP. Of course if he feels he can improve else where, then I'll respect his choice and still root for him.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
July 13 2013 17:33 GMT
#103
On July 14 2013 00:33 dinosrwar wrote:
JD should go back to GW and train his JvP against Jaehoon to improve and become a super Ace again. He doesn't have any good P practice partners on EG.


You cannot be serious?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-13 18:14:07
July 13 2013 18:13 GMT
#104
On July 14 2013 02:05 iNcontroL wrote:
There is still time before we enter talks with him on these things but I can tell you we are about as happy as you can possibly be with a player. He is an absolute fucking pro to work with and it boggles my mind reading some people calling him "bad" or "mid tier" etc.. I know we are supposed to ignore those people but WOW.. lol.

Anyways, I will obviously bleed out myself for a blood ritual trying to enchant all the powers that be in trying to keep him. He is amazing. Hope we can.. we will see!


I feel you, the amount of stupidity people are by saying he's bad and mid tier blows my mind. He's not even having bad results and even though his zvp needs work his zvt and zvz are amazing. But I guess if you place semi finals, finals and ro8 in 3 major events in a row you are considered mid tier :/.
When I think of something else, something will go here
goody153
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
44309 Posts
July 13 2013 18:21 GMT
#105
On July 14 2013 03:13 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2013 02:05 iNcontroL wrote:
There is still time before we enter talks with him on these things but I can tell you we are about as happy as you can possibly be with a player. He is an absolute fucking pro to work with and it boggles my mind reading some people calling him "bad" or "mid tier" etc.. I know we are supposed to ignore those people but WOW.. lol.

Anyways, I will obviously bleed out myself for a blood ritual trying to enchant all the powers that be in trying to keep him. He is amazing. Hope we can.. we will see!


I feel you, the amount of stupidity people are by saying he's bad and mid tier blows my mind. He's not even having bad results and even though his zvp needs work his zvt and zvz are amazing. But I guess if you place semi finals, finals and ro8 in 3 major events in a row you are considered mid tier :/.



he even beat innovation in spl recently .. and it was a one sided stomp though it wasnt a full macro game its still a win and it counts .. didnt see any of his zvz but from what i heard its more or less like what his zvz in BW was
this is a quote
Shiori
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
3815 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-13 18:33:05
July 13 2013 18:30 GMT
#106
On July 14 2013 03:13 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2013 02:05 iNcontroL wrote:
There is still time before we enter talks with him on these things but I can tell you we are about as happy as you can possibly be with a player. He is an absolute fucking pro to work with and it boggles my mind reading some people calling him "bad" or "mid tier" etc.. I know we are supposed to ignore those people but WOW.. lol.

Anyways, I will obviously bleed out myself for a blood ritual trying to enchant all the powers that be in trying to keep him. He is amazing. Hope we can.. we will see!


I feel you, the amount of stupidity people are by saying he's bad and mid tier blows my mind. He's not even having bad results and even though his zvp needs work his zvt and zvz are amazing. But I guess if you place semi finals, finals and ro8 in 3 major events in a row you are considered mid tier :/.

Being mid tier doesn't mean he's bad. It means he's...mid tier...

When you consider that he didn't fare too well in WCS America and that there are an absolutely huge number of excellent Zergs in Korea, calling Jaedong mid tier is not an insult at all. You have to be good to be mid tier in a pack of players that includes all the KeSPA and esF Zergs.

His ZvZ is incredibly good, one of the best in the world, but his ZvP is really bad (like really, really bad). His ZvT is really good, but I wouldn't say it's as good as his ZvZ, nor would I say it's the best in the world, particularly given his overall winrates in the matchup and the quality of his opponents lately (he's got pretty weak ZvT/ZvP winrates in Proleague, although the game counts are low, but he did drop 0-2 to theognis (a good player, by all means, but certainly not a Korea Code S quality Terran) and narrowly overcame Drunkenboi in his Challenger group. To me, that doesn't scream amazing ZvT.
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46506 Posts
July 13 2013 18:30 GMT
#107
I hope that Jaedong sticks with EG!

[image loading]

If he leaves, I might have to change my team icon back to SKT.

+ Show Spoiler +
Boxer, FBB, Parting, and Rain... as a Protoss player and old SKT fan, I love this. Possibly more than the EG foreigners + Jaedong and Oz.
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33707 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-13 18:33:00
July 13 2013 18:31 GMT
#108
as with every discussion like this, all evaluations of worth are largely pointless considering we have no idea how much anyone gets paid

of course EG would love to keep jaedong

who knows if the amount they're willing to pay for him matches what a korean team is willing to pay for him
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46506 Posts
July 13 2013 18:34 GMT
#109
On July 14 2013 01:20 csikos27 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 07:28 tshi wrote:
I hope JD stays on EG! Also, I'm hoping STX disbands so EG could pick up Innovation! They need more terrans!


T.T
murica?


I hope KT disbands too so that that EG can pick up Flash as well!

+ Show Spoiler +
/sarcasm

+ Show Spoiler +
Although that would pretty much make an SKT-EG alliance unstoppable.

+ Show Spoiler +
One can dream...
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
MasterOfPuppets
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Romania6942 Posts
July 13 2013 18:52 GMT
#110
On July 14 2013 03:13 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2013 02:05 iNcontroL wrote:
There is still time before we enter talks with him on these things but I can tell you we are about as happy as you can possibly be with a player. He is an absolute fucking pro to work with and it boggles my mind reading some people calling him "bad" or "mid tier" etc.. I know we are supposed to ignore those people but WOW.. lol.

Anyways, I will obviously bleed out myself for a blood ritual trying to enchant all the powers that be in trying to keep him. He is amazing. Hope we can.. we will see!


I feel you, the amount of stupidity people are by saying he's bad and mid tier blows my mind. He's not even having bad results and even though his zvp needs work his zvt and zvz are amazing. But I guess if you place semi finals, finals and ro8 in 3 major events in a row you are considered mid tier :/.


Obviously if you don't win every tournament you participate in, you're terrible... -_-
"my shaft scares me too" - strenx 2014
JacobShock
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Denmark2485 Posts
July 13 2013 20:35 GMT
#111
On July 14 2013 02:32 Polygamy wrote:
I would hate to see it but I would also not be surprised at all to see him retire.


retire? the guy turned 23 earlier this year and is doing pretty damn good + he's an established name.
"Right on" - Morrow
Integra
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Sweden5626 Posts
July 13 2013 20:43 GMT
#112
if it is about the money then JD will stay in EG.
"Dark Pleasure" | | I survived the Locust war of May 3, 2014
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42417 Posts
July 13 2013 20:47 GMT
#113
On July 13 2013 09:02 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 13 2013 07:47 Grettin wrote:
I don't think i ever thought i'd say this, but i hope he stays with EG.

I think he fits really well with EG and has done good for himself while he's been with them.


Definitely. Biggest reason why i want him to stay there is that he can travel to more events.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
Fionn
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States23455 Posts
July 13 2013 20:47 GMT
#114
This depends on how much money Jin Air has/how badly they want Jaedong. I'm sure Jaedong is happy on EG, and I'm sure he likes his teammates and the international traveling, but it'll probably come down to if Jin Air wants Jaedong as the face of their SC2 franchise. They'll probably need to open up the check book to get JD back.
Writerhttps://twitter.com/FionnOnFire
ymir233
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States8275 Posts
July 13 2013 20:48 GMT
#115
Just...please. Somewhere where he can practice in peace and has connections to good practice partners. That's all this man needs.
Come motivate me to be cynical about animus at http://infinityandone.blogspot.com/ // Stork proxy gates are beautiful.
kc
Profile Joined August 2006
Canada212 Posts
July 13 2013 20:49 GMT
#116
On July 13 2013 07:45 Bagi wrote:
He sure gets a lot of publicity for a mid-tier player.

User was temp banned for this post.


I lol'd
Atlasy
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Hungary229 Posts
July 13 2013 20:50 GMT
#117
On July 14 2013 02:32 Polygamy wrote:
I would hate to see it but I would also not be surprised at all to see him retire.

God :DD you have no fucking idea what you are talking about
Topdoller
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3860 Posts
July 13 2013 20:51 GMT
#118
JD over the last few months has been improving at a massive rate. Once he works out his weaknesses v Protoss he will be a top three Zerg capable of winning any tournament he enters. I think pro league could be a big factor in his future decision to stay with EG. Here's hoping EG-TL do another season.
StarStruck
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
25339 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-13 20:55:11
July 13 2013 20:54 GMT
#119
On July 14 2013 03:52 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2013 03:13 blade55555 wrote:
On July 14 2013 02:05 iNcontroL wrote:
There is still time before we enter talks with him on these things but I can tell you we are about as happy as you can possibly be with a player. He is an absolute fucking pro to work with and it boggles my mind reading some people calling him "bad" or "mid tier" etc.. I know we are supposed to ignore those people but WOW.. lol.

Anyways, I will obviously bleed out myself for a blood ritual trying to enchant all the powers that be in trying to keep him. He is amazing. Hope we can.. we will see!


I feel you, the amount of stupidity people are by saying he's bad and mid tier blows my mind. He's not even having bad results and even though his zvp needs work his zvt and zvz are amazing. But I guess if you place semi finals, finals and ro8 in 3 major events in a row you are considered mid tier :/.


Obviously if you don't win every tournament you participate in, you're terrible... -_-


Why are people getting pissy about the word mid-tier? Mid-tier doesn't mean your terrible lmao. What the heck you think I call HerO, Stephano and JYP? Middle of the roaders when it comes to PL and that should be a good thing. If you win fifty percent of your matches in PL it means you belong and are capable of doing work. It means your built for PL. The major beef people have with Jaedong is his ZvP and judging by his overall stats from this season's PL including all match-ups. There's a whole lot he can work on. Heck, he barely cracks the top 20 and surely he'll improve upon it. If there's anything of interest when it comes to Jaedong it's his work ethic and his brand recognition. Jaedong is still a player you can build a franchise around.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
July 13 2013 20:57 GMT
#120
On July 14 2013 05:54 StarStruck wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 14 2013 03:52 MasterOfPuppets wrote:
On July 14 2013 03:13 blade55555 wrote:
On July 14 2013 02:05 iNcontroL wrote:
There is still time before we enter talks with him on these things but I can tell you we are about as happy as you can possibly be with a player. He is an absolute fucking pro to work with and it boggles my mind reading some people calling him "bad" or "mid tier" etc.. I know we are supposed to ignore those people but WOW.. lol.

Anyways, I will obviously bleed out myself for a blood ritual trying to enchant all the powers that be in trying to keep him. He is amazing. Hope we can.. we will see!


I feel you, the amount of stupidity people are by saying he's bad and mid tier blows my mind. He's not even having bad results and even though his zvp needs work his zvt and zvz are amazing. But I guess if you place semi finals, finals and ro8 in 3 major events in a row you are considered mid tier :/.


Obviously if you don't win every tournament you participate in, you're terrible... -_-


Why are people getting pissy about the word mid-tier? Mid-tier doesn't mean your terrible lmao. What the heck you think I call HerO, Stephano and JYP? Middle of the roaders when it comes to PL and that should be a good thing. If you win fifty percent of your matches in PL it means you belong and are capable of doing work. It means your built for PL. The major beef people have with Jaedong is his ZvP and judging by his overall stats from this season's PL including all match-ups. There's a whole lot he can work on. Heck, he barely cracks the top 20 and surely he'll improve upon it. If there's anything of interest when it comes to Jaedong it's his work ethic and his brand recognition. Jaedong is still a player you can build a franchise around.


It's because jaedong isn't mid-tier. If placing semi finals, finals and top 8 in 3 major events in a row is considered mid tier then what do you consider not mid tier? I mean his proleague stats aren't good, but I would place his 3 good results in major lans over a crappy proleague season (for jaedongs standards this wasn't a good season for him).
When I think of something else, something will go here
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings95
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 135
Sharp 54
Bale 32
Dota 2
monkeys_forever558
NeuroSwarm209
League of Legends
Doublelift4022
Counter-Strike
taco 510
Other Games
summit1g7172
JimRising 497
C9.Mang0351
ViBE169
ToD84
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick681
BasetradeTV172
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP90
• poizon28 41
• davetesta27
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra871
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
8h 28m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
Online Event
10h 28m
AI Arena Tournament
15h 28m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
17h 28m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Patches Events
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.