SPL Interviews for this Week:
- (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 8th Team vs CJ Entus Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 Woongjin Stars vs EG-TL Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 SK Telecom T1 vs Samsung KHAN Winner Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 KT Rolster vs STX SouL Winner Interview
- 2012-2013 SPL Season 1 Round 6 EG-TL vs 8th Team Winner Interview
Source: Daily eSports
Fun Fact: The last time I translated a Zenio interview… was never… Oo;; This is also Zenio’s first ever SPL interview.
Your first ever SPL interview. How do you feel?
This is my first interview even though I’ve been participating in Proleague for six months already. Therefore, I am really glad and I would like to do these more often, but I am disappointed because the season is about to end.
Throughout all this time, you’ve only ever won three ZvZs for Proleague. Are you especially confident in that matchup?
My personal opinion is that my ideas for ZvZs are better than other players. So I can’t help but feel like that’s why I was able to secure ZvZ victories often. Ever since the transition to HotS, ZvZ seemed to only bring out muta vs muta battles. So I take pride in the fact that I differentiated myself from other players by going for a ground army composition like infestors/lings with attack/defense upgrades plays.
You had no victories for any other matchups.
I prepared a lot of all-in strategies for those games but they did not end up working out well. I also kept on losing confidence within myself as I went on a losing streak.
You won a ZvT today. Were you feeling confident for that matchup?
Since I often feel confident about utilizing swarm hosts on that particular map that was used for today, I had a feeling that I would be confident as long as I got the chance to play out the macro game scenario that I wanted.
Have you adapted to the Proleague environment?
Throughout all this time, I just kept on getting matched up against the other team’s ace player. Even though I got unlucky with how the players got matched up, I felt like they were actually really good chances for me. A lot of things improved after supervisor Park joined the team. I think I’m going to put up much better results for next season.
Anything you’d like to say about yourself?
I think I was probably the first player to start up SC2 out of my entire team. I have a lot of experience and I like playing macro games. I even feel confident enough to not lose if the game progresses to the late game stage.
You must learn a lot of things because you live and play with Jaedong.
I was very excited when I found out that I would be able to practice with Jaedong when I heard that he would be moving into the team house. I also received a lot of influence from Jaedong by watching his DreamHack performance. Especially because I told myself that I should replicate that certain play style he does where he turns his lings around. I think I was able to win because of that.
Anything else you would like to say?
I want to thank supervisor Park Yong Woon and coach Park Sung Jin. Lastly, I am always grateful to our sponsors Twitch.tv, Shiny Things, Barracuda Networks, and Razer.
Methods to locating SC2 interviews!
- Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
- Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
- Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
- Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners