• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:51
CEST 14:51
KST 21:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8041 users

TL Map Contest 1v1 Results - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
125 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
June 11 2013 03:23 GMT
#21
On June 11 2013 12:19 Mahanaim wrote:
Crux wins it again XD


Again? ESV won the first TLMC
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
June 11 2013 03:24 GMT
#22
Congratulations! Amazing maps, can't wait to see some heavy gameplay on them.
eTcetRa
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia822 Posts
June 11 2013 03:44 GMT
#23
Great work Semmo. Knew you would win, Frost is an incredible map!
Retired Mapmaker™
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 03:56:07
June 11 2013 03:55 GMT
#24
while Frost deserves the win, it's bugging me that the more standard ones like Ravage & Yeonsu place so high. Coupled with the reaction in that new ladder maps thread, it seems that people still very much resist innovation and rather stick to conventional standard play Sry Ironman but I hope Ravage wont make ladder
IronManSC
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2119 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 04:01:59
June 11 2013 03:58 GMT
#25
On June 11 2013 12:55 Arceus wrote:
while Frost deserves the win, it's bugging me that the more standard ones like Ravage & Yeonsu place so high. Coupled with the reaction in that new ladder maps thread, it seems that people still very much resist innovation and rather stick to conventional standard play Sry Ironman but I hope Ravage wont make ladder


No harm taken. Your opinion is respected. I've learned from Ohana that I can't please everybody. If ravage does make ladder it'll look a little different than what you're seeing right now (3rd and 4th re-designed). I can at least tell you that.
SC2 Mapmaker || twitter: @ironmansc || Ohana & Mech Depot || 3x TLMC finalist || www.twitch.tv/sc2mapstream
Nerski
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1095 Posts
June 11 2013 04:00 GMT
#26
Grats to the winner Semmo with frost it's a neat little map. Also grats to Travis for having both ohana and ravage come up 2nd in the two TLMC's.
Twitter: @GoForNerski /// Youtube: Youtube.com/nerskisc
zmsFlood
Profile Joined April 2013
Finland169 Posts
June 11 2013 04:16 GMT
#27
Grats to the winners! Some really cool maps.
twitter.com/laurifalck | I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking. | TLO!
Boko
Profile Joined June 2013
France4 Posts
June 11 2013 04:23 GMT
#28
[Yay! I finally created an account after following this site for 6months+...]
Nice results. A few questions if I may:
How many public votes were they? I think I voted for Yeonsu...

I'm very curious to know about the pros' votes. Which pros does it include (only part of TL?.. Who aren't too busy with proleague and other events? Or anybody who made it to GM can be considered pro? Or GSL-winners only? :p ) How many votes? fanboy question: did HerO vote? What did he vote for? ^^
I'm also very surprised to see such similar results between the pros and amateurs. Personnally, my choice was mainly aesthetic and some small considerations to see if the map wasn't clearly favored to some race; + 1 game against AI to see if it looked fun... I'm low masters (and I'm terrible) so I can see SOME stuff that could be a problem like tank positioning, defendable third etc... However, for pros, it could mean the difference between winning a 10k$+ tournament or losing early to some cheese only allowed by this map because of this or that reason...
Then again, I suppose the pros didn't check for every detail on every map and their vote was only after a couple of games and they didn't play 1000 on each... yet

My guess is that the public's vote is actually pretty 'pro' as in, together, we have as good a hindsight as any pro. Also, I'd say that part of the result is that there are few newbish/random votes that mess up the count, but I seriously wonder about that, and I'd like another's opinion (I hadn't created an account when I voted, but it was still taken into consideration, right? are votes weighed? how are they weighed?...)

Finally, if someone could link me the previous TLMC(s?), that'd be great

Anyways, I really hope to see the winners included in the ladder map pool at some point in time, and even more so in major tournaments. Congrats' to the winners!

PS: I love new maps!
Power level is beyond critical -- Overload imminent [Forte/Bass]
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
June 11 2013 04:25 GMT
#29
IronMan op, nerf plz.

Great job to everyone that entered and Semmo for winning, great stuff!
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Fatam
Profile Joined June 2012
1986 Posts
June 11 2013 04:28 GMT
#30
Voting seems to reflect that most people are scared of change and just want standard maps. The most standard of the mix were 1/2/3 in voting on pro and public poll.

Of course, if we are going to have a standard map then I'm pretty cool with Frost, it's very solid.
Search "FTM" in SC2 | Latest Maps: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/528528-2-ftm-siegfried-station http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/525489-2-ftm-crimson-aftermath http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-maps/524737-2-ftm-grime
Frankon
Profile Joined May 2010
3054 Posts
June 11 2013 04:35 GMT
#31
After the conclusion of Homestory Cup on the 23rd June, we will broadcast a special inter-TL staff tournament played out on these maps. The four teams are: TL Strategy, TL Writers, Liquipedia and TL General. They will compete in a GSL style bracket with the two "advancing" teams playing a best of 5 match to determine the winner

Some suggestion for improvements:
1. Kick TL General team
2. Ask Take to nominate the 4 most drunk people at HSC and call them Loopie Lui team.

Now this would be good.
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
June 11 2013 04:40 GMT
#32
we need a prize pool for the TL Staff tournament or at least punishments for the losers.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Trasko
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Sweden983 Posts
June 11 2013 04:40 GMT
#33
Dat tournament. I want to see Fionn play. plz
Jaedong <3
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
June 11 2013 05:08 GMT
#34
On June 11 2013 12:58 IronManSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2013 12:55 Arceus wrote:
while Frost deserves the win, it's bugging me that the more standard ones like Ravage & Yeonsu place so high. Coupled with the reaction in that new ladder maps thread, it seems that people still very much resist innovation and rather stick to conventional standard play Sry Ironman but I hope Ravage wont make ladder


No harm taken. Your opinion is respected. I've learned from Ohana that I can't please everybody. If ravage does make ladder it'll look a little different than what you're seeing right now (3rd and 4th re-designed). I can at least tell you that.

Could you give a preview on how it's going to end up?
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
AnachronisticAnarchy
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States2957 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-11 05:25:11
June 11 2013 05:18 GMT
#35
Oh gee, I wonder who will win the TL Team Tornament?
+ Show Spoiler +
Obviously strategy. I think them and the writers will be the only competitive ones (cuz Pokebunny) but in the end strategy is going to rape because they can actually field at least two un-terrible players.
"How are you?" "I am fine, because it is not normal to scream in pain."
Ciryandor
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States3735 Posts
June 11 2013 05:24 GMT
#36
On June 11 2013 13:40 Gamegene wrote:
we need a prize pool for the TL Staff tournament or at least punishments for the losers.

Play Portal or some other puzzle game like Hot_Bid did.
에일리 and 아이유 <3 - O Captain 박재혁 ・゚✧*:・*゚+..。✧・゚:*・..。 ✧・゚ :・゚* ゜・*:・ ✧・゚:・゚:.。 ✧・゚ SPARKULING ・゜・:・゚✧*:・゚✧。*゚+..。 ✧・゚: ✧・゚:*・゜・:・゚✧*::
Gaius Baltar
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States449 Posts
June 11 2013 05:29 GMT
#37
So sorry Monitor.
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
June 11 2013 05:34 GMT
#38
On June 11 2013 14:18 AnachronisticAnarchy wrote:
Oh gee, I wonder who will win the TL Team Tornament?
+ Show Spoiler +
Obviously strategy. I think them and the writers will be the only competitive ones (cuz Pokebunny) but in the end strategy is going to rape because they can actually field at least two un-terrible players.

Strategy has MonK, GG.
User was warned for too many mimes.
Locke-
Profile Joined December 2011
499 Posts
June 11 2013 05:42 GMT
#39
Congrats! And yea, Koreans win even map contests!
monitor
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States2409 Posts
June 11 2013 06:10 GMT
#40
Congrats to the top 3. I don't think they're a great top 3 but it is what it is. I'm happy for an honorable mention! In my perfect world, Mereel's maps got 2nd and 3rd and Strangewood gets an honorable mention (Frost still winning). But I think all of these maps are good community maps so it is reason to celebrate.
https://liquipedia.net/starcraft2/Monitor
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs PercivalLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings167
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4872
Jaedong 3987
Leta 2060
EffOrt 744
Horang2 496
BeSt 401
Soma 398
Mini 295
Rush 254
Stork 229
[ Show more ]
Killer 220
Light 179
Barracks 138
Zeus 129
Pusan 118
Snow 114
Larva 112
ggaemo 111
Sea.KH 64
JYJ 53
Mong 52
hero 44
HiyA 44
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 34
Sharp 33
Shinee 23
sorry 22
Sexy 16
Aegong 15
zelot 14
Sacsri 10
Icarus 8
JulyZerg 8
Shine 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6916
Dendi675
XaKoH 513
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_96
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3782
Other Games
gofns44488
singsing1623
olofmeister1283
B2W.Neo715
byalli535
Lowko345
Livibee192
DeMusliM131
OGKoka 103
ArmadaUGS86
mouzStarbuck39
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV469
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream230
Other Games
BasetradeTV221
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV300
League of Legends
• Jankos1751
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 9m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 9m
The PondCast
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.