WCS Interviews for this Week:
- (Clicking on the link will take you to that interview)
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro4 Day 1 Winner's Interview
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Ro4 Day 2 Winner's Interview
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Code S Placement Matches Winners' Interview
- 2013 WCS Korea Season 1 Challenger League Round 3 Day 2 Winners' Interview
- 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 10 Match 1 FXO vs ST Winner Interview
- 2013 GSTL Season 1 Pennant Race Week 10 Match 2 NSH vs MVP Winner's Interview
- 2013 WCS Europe Season 1 Premier League Grand Finals Winner Interview
Source: This Is Game
You brought forth the victory for your team with an all kill. Tell us how you feel.
This was my first all kill ever. I think that's why it's so much more meaningful.
Your first all kill since your debut.
The team kept on believing in me and kept on sending me out. I kept thinking that all my performance so far had been less than satisfactory but I think I erased all that with my results today (laughs).
Around when did you see the all kill coming?
A week ago, Swagger hyung told me to go out as first. I figured that I would be able to achieve an all kill as long as I prepared real hard and then it became apparent that I would as I was practicing yesterday.
MVP rose to 1st place with a score of 4-1. And the difference between you and #2 AxiomAcer is quite big.
For our first match of the season, we lost to AxiomAcer. Because we let our guard down back then, we've been taking extra precaution for all of our matches since then. I see a 90% chance for our team to advance to the playoffs as rank 1.
Your 11/11 proxy rax build was very easily thwarted in game three vs jjakji.
I used that same strategy against ByuN for Code A. Ever since then, I've been experimenting on how I can still stay in the game even when my 11/11 strategy ends up not working out. Which is why I was confident that I could still catch up to him even though my 11/11 ended up failing. I also decided to go for a 11/11 since it was a four player map.
Even strategic plays like DTs didn't hinder you.
Even before the game began, I kind of expected something like that to come at me. We have the same professional gamer status but I think there was a skill difference.
You are now the player with most wins with your all kill.
I've never done anything like this before for the GSTL (laughs). But right now I am working so much harder than I have been for last season so I think that’s why this kind of result has been following through.
This season, there are a lot of Terran players.
There are a lot of maps that favor Terran and there really aren’t that many maps that Protoss and Zergs can choose from. And any map that they can play on is mostly an easy map so every team, including us, just likes to exhaust all the Terrans.
Feels like there are a lot of all kills this season.
In my personal opinion, I think every eSF team is focusing on individual leagues because of financial burdens. I think that’s why all kills keep on coming out. Even for me, I was in Code S for a while and then fell out too easily this season. And since there are so many untelevised Code A games nowadays, the matches just feel meaningless. If you can’t make it into the Challenger League/Premier League then you end up resting for way too long so the players have no choice but to switch to AM or EU.
So it’s advantageous for KeSPA players but not for eSF players. KeSPA players constantly keep playing tons of games through Proleague so they keep their feel for the game, but eSF players can’t do that. That’s why even team MVP is constantly pondering what we should do.
You will face Prime in two weeks. Preparing for that match will probably be easy since you guys have such a long time.
We have Prime and AZUBU left. Our players are so confident right now that I can’t help but feel like they’ll be pretty easy victories. So I am confident no matter what. Personally, I desire to face viOLet against AZUBU. We hung out a a lot in the past and we still keep in touch to this day. I want to scold viOLet hyung and then laugh in his face. He keeps saying that he’s such a good player (laughs).
Anything else you would like to say?
My parents wished me to get an all kill when I told them that I would be the starter vs NSH. I am glad that I was able to fulfill my parents’ and my teammates’ beliefs in me. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsor Lotte Chilsung.
Methods to locating SC2 interviews!
- Go to the TL.net search bar and type in [Interview] and then search. You will find the most recent interviews at the top
- Go to the SC2 Interviews/Translation Archive
- Go to the liquipedia page for that player and look at the section titled "Interviews" http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/PartinG#Interviews
- Go to the liquipedia page for that specific tournament and find this icon: If you click on that icon, it will take you to the interview for that group's match winners