• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:24
CEST 01:24
KST 08:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8797 users

Evil Geniuses Releases Greg "IdrA" Fields - Page 45

Forum Index > SC2 General
4974 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 249 Next
RiT4LiN
Profile Joined April 2010
Netherlands131 Posts
May 09 2013 23:13 GMT
#881
I'm actually still dissapointed in the reaction. I much rather want an apology that this bullshit story about their ethics. Everything I wanted to read from this was only implied I'm hurt as a fan by what IdrA said and I'll never enjoy StarCraft with the same passion I did before.
A quote
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
May 09 2013 23:13 GMT
#882
Wow. Good luck to Greg, I hope he'll bounce back.
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
ownyah
Profile Joined April 2012
146 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-09 23:14:18
May 09 2013 23:14 GMT
#883
Uh EG isn't EG without idra. Hopefully Grack goes full mode and starts tearing shit apart now.
Shardz
Profile Joined August 2010
United States349 Posts
May 09 2013 23:14 GMT
#884
I respect EG more already.I never really liked how they kept Idra with his horrible behavior but I guess it was pretty funny. Whenever I watched Idra's stream, I watched so I could laugh at his reaction when he loses(which is much of the time). I think I can root for EG just a little bit more now since they have the balls to do something like this! =D
Oh Hi
Sakray
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
France2198 Posts
May 09 2013 23:14 GMT
#885
Seems that it's because of this game

Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
May 09 2013 23:14 GMT
#886
This is great. Good luck in the future Greg, you'll hopefully learn that being a dick is not the right way to go about things. I hope everything works out for you.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
LeopoldStotch
Profile Joined April 2011
United States158 Posts
May 09 2013 23:14 GMT
#887
On May 10 2013 08:12 sixonezero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:09 skatblast wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:08 sixonezero wrote:
When did the community get to say who is on or who isn't on a team. Like seriously the whole "fuck Idra" circlejerk in Reddit I feel caused this to happen but seriously should they have that power? I would like to know how much that influenced the decision to realease him.


did you even read the OP??!


Yeah but he's been doing this shit since when and everyone put up with it till just last week.


People can only take so much. Just because it happened a lot, does not make it ok.
Deleted User 137586
Profile Joined January 2011
7859 Posts
May 09 2013 23:14 GMT
#888
Fire IdrA for the "You don't reward results, you reward drama. You're all fucks." comment? That sounds just weird, it's exactly the thing that makes IdrA IdrA and there was no serious backlash. Just the couple of usual people hating on IdrA.

So this sounds like an excuse. If the relationship between IdrA and EG wasn't working, then you should provide the genuine reason. Granted, there is more information being released on SotG.
Cry 'havoc' and let slip the dogs of war
dudwasup
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1 Post
May 09 2013 23:14 GMT
#889
Wow this is so surprising I assumed they would have just made him make a public apology or something
dewulfman
Profile Joined July 2012
United States12 Posts
May 09 2013 23:15 GMT
#890
I don't even know what eSports looks like when IdrA isn't wearing his EG jersey. I know they have tried everything to keep him, including hiring a sports psychologist and letting him sort-of work his angers out. He has had several rage quits in the professional eye and they were more than patient. Don't get me wrong, I am a HUGE IdrA fan. I wish he could manage his anger in the public eye, but as someone who has felt what he does/has, I get it. However, he needs to get his anger under control or he could be another Destiny.
Leetley
Profile Joined October 2010
1796 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-09 23:15:30
May 09 2013 23:15 GMT
#891
Ha ha. Time to shape up, Greg.
AwesomeFossum
Profile Joined February 2013
United States312 Posts
May 09 2013 23:15 GMT
#892
On May 10 2013 08:13 fabiano wrote:
Can someone link me to what IdrA did that ended up resulting in this situation? oO


It's posted scattered throughout the thread but again here.
www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=411483&currentpage=4#73
"The greatest athletes of all time... Michael Jordan, Roger Federer, and SlayerSBoxer." - Artosis
Infernal_dream
Profile Joined September 2011
United States2359 Posts
May 09 2013 23:15 GMT
#893
On May 10 2013 08:12 sixonezero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2013 08:09 skatblast wrote:
On May 10 2013 08:08 sixonezero wrote:
When did the community get to say who is on or who isn't on a team. Like seriously the whole "fuck Idra" circlejerk in Reddit I feel caused this to happen but seriously should they have that power? I would like to know how much that influenced the decision to realease him.


did you even read the OP??!


Yeah but he's been doing this shit since when and everyone put up with it till just last week.

No everyone hasn't been putting up with it. Have you ever been to his twitch channel? It's full of people calling him out for being a jackass. It's full of people calling him a noskill raging crybaby. TL has illustrated this as well. Nobody has been dealing with Idra except EG who finally got tired of it. I don't browse reddit because it's cancerous but I assume they have the same general opinion on Idra as TL does. The community doesn't need him. Destiny got chewed out for being unsportsmanlike. It's about time Idra gets the same hand dealt to him for the same thing.
NVRLand
Profile Joined March 2012
Sweden203 Posts
May 09 2013 23:15 GMT
#894
I always hated how IdrA behaved but I thought Garfield was just omnomnoming on all the exposure IdrA got. Everytime IdrA fucked up it was all over reddit so this was quite a surprise to me. The game against Polt really showed that he isn't very serious as a pro gamer anymore, he can still be a streamer and an entertainer with his rage but I guess no team wants to pay him to be a pro gamer if he doesn't even try to win.
terrancake
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Sweden30 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-09 23:16:43
May 09 2013 23:16 GMT
#895
On May 10 2013 08:14 Shardz wrote:
I respect EG more already.I never really liked how they kept Idra with his horrible behavior but I guess it was pretty funny. Whenever I watched Idra's stream, I watched so I could laugh at his reaction when he loses(which is much of the time). I think I can root for EG just a little bit more now since they have the balls to do something like this! =D


This statement right here is the reason he said he was being BM to begin with. People do not watch for skill, they watch for entertainment. You, just watching for the BM actually contributed to the BM by pouring more gasoline on the fire.
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
May 09 2013 23:16 GMT
#896
Best of luck to idra; sad to see him go. Was actually a fan of Idra.
liftlift > tsm
PH
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States6173 Posts
May 09 2013 23:16 GMT
#897
Lol why...

Idra got released for being Idra...
Hello
CrazyF1r3f0x
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2120 Posts
May 09 2013 23:16 GMT
#898
Holy. Fucking. Shit
"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the overcompensations for misery."
BronzeKnee
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5226 Posts
May 09 2013 23:16 GMT
#899
If Idra streamed right now, he would draw at least 10k viewers.
Bellygareth
Profile Joined October 2010
France512 Posts
May 09 2013 23:16 GMT
#900
On May 10 2013 08:13 RiT4LiN wrote:
I'm actually still dissapointed in the reaction. I much rather want an apology that this bullshit story about their ethics. Everything I wanted to read from this was only implied I'm hurt as a fan by what IdrA said and I'll never enjoy StarCraft with the same passion I did before.


Yeah pretty much. Ethics is not something convenient that you pull out once in a while. If it was ok with EG's ethics to have a player like Idra for 3 years of bming/leaving games early and calling the community shit, I don't see why the ethics NOW would be any different.

Prev 1 43 44 45 46 47 249 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O167
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 481
ZZZero.O 153
Hyun 142
Dota 2
monkeys_forever390
League of Legends
Doublelift4075
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3806
Other Games
summit1g14818
FrodaN1520
JimRising 425
KnowMe213
Livibee200
ViBE124
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick856
BasetradeTV160
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 119
• Adnapsc2 51
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra1300
Other Games
• imaqtpie1036
• Shiphtur568
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10h 36m
Patches Events
15h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 36m
BSL Open Qualifier
19h 36m
OSC
23h 36m
OSC
1d 12h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.