• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:18
CEST 17:18
KST 00:18
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9046 users

Koreans selecting WCS NA/EU List - Page 58

Forum Index > SC2 General
1695 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 85 Next
Benjamin99
Profile Joined April 2012
4176 Posts
April 10 2013 15:09 GMT
#1141
On April 11 2013 00:07 dacimvrl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:03 StarVe wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:55 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:52 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:45 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:39 JustPassingBy wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:38 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:32 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:24 Plansix wrote:
[quote]
I am sorry, do any of the EG players or teams I care about play in those? Are they sponsored and produced as a reasonable level. A bunch of amateur events are neat, but not thats not what we are talking about. There is no reason why we can't have a NA GSL that is off line, just like the GSL.


Course. EG Masters, MSI masters, MLG exhibition matches, IPL showdowns last year, Day9's King of Beta tournaments..etc., and they are all very watchable. you ever watched any of them?


Watched a whole bunch of the EG masters, MLG exhibitions and IPL show matches. Even King of the Beta. But I want more. I want an NA GSL that is offline and does not provide excepts for Korean players who want to qualify online. And I want it sooner, rather than later.


So you are already aware of these tournaments and you asked if there's any? You keep contradicting yourself..... Like someone already mentioned, you simply cannot fill an entire roster of NA players in that 32 man format, I don't think I can even list 10 notable NA players off the top of my head. You might as well just watch CSL.


To be fair, I cannot as well, but that is because I am not part of the NA community. I can probably list the names of two dozen european players the average joe on NA has never heard of though.


For the record, there's a lot more notable euro players, and I can easily list 10 or 12, but my point still stands in NA.

Yeah, but all the EU players I would say I hadn't heard of and were not good enough to justify a slot, just like you would do for the 10-12 NA players I would name off. The point is that both regions have talent, but the Koreans are often given exceptions to make sure they can compete in tournaments. There is room for an NA and EU league that is held off line and that players have to come in person to play.


well, I am pretty familiar with the NA scene, so try me, try to even list 32 NA players. It's a challenge!

Scarlett, IdrA, HuK, Machine, incontrol, LZgamer, NonY, State, Illusion, Catz
Drewbie, Theognis, Vibe, Minigun, qxc, Ddoro, Masa, TT1, Suppy, Caliber
Sasquatch, Trimaster, Insur, Axslav, Leiya, Tubbythefat, Major, Maker, Remark, Glon
hendralisk, Combat-Ex

There you go. Yes, it's fucking hard.


Pretty sure a bunch retired or do not play professionally..... Not only that, do you think people would rather watch this over GSL, and that a league filled with these players is a sustainable business model?


why shouldn't it? I actually enjoyed IPL 1 very much because I wanted to know who the best NA player was. Its all about the stories and there is a lot of good stories there I would defiantly watch
Stephano & Jaedong <-- The Pain Train. Polt and Innovation to EG plz
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 10 2013 15:10 GMT
#1142
On April 11 2013 00:07 dacimvrl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:03 StarVe wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:55 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:52 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:45 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:39 JustPassingBy wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:38 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:32 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:24 Plansix wrote:
[quote]
I am sorry, do any of the EG players or teams I care about play in those? Are they sponsored and produced as a reasonable level. A bunch of amateur events are neat, but not thats not what we are talking about. There is no reason why we can't have a NA GSL that is off line, just like the GSL.


Course. EG Masters, MSI masters, MLG exhibition matches, IPL showdowns last year, Day9's King of Beta tournaments..etc., and they are all very watchable. you ever watched any of them?


Watched a whole bunch of the EG masters, MLG exhibitions and IPL show matches. Even King of the Beta. But I want more. I want an NA GSL that is offline and does not provide excepts for Korean players who want to qualify online. And I want it sooner, rather than later.


So you are already aware of these tournaments and you asked if there's any? You keep contradicting yourself..... Like someone already mentioned, you simply cannot fill an entire roster of NA players in that 32 man format, I don't think I can even list 10 notable NA players off the top of my head. You might as well just watch CSL.


To be fair, I cannot as well, but that is because I am not part of the NA community. I can probably list the names of two dozen european players the average joe on NA has never heard of though.


For the record, there's a lot more notable euro players, and I can easily list 10 or 12, but my point still stands in NA.

Yeah, but all the EU players I would say I hadn't heard of and were not good enough to justify a slot, just like you would do for the 10-12 NA players I would name off. The point is that both regions have talent, but the Koreans are often given exceptions to make sure they can compete in tournaments. There is room for an NA and EU league that is held off line and that players have to come in person to play.


well, I am pretty familiar with the NA scene, so try me, try to even list 32 NA players. It's a challenge!

Scarlett, IdrA, HuK, Machine, incontrol, LZgamer, NonY, State, Illusion, Catz
Drewbie, Theognis, Vibe, Minigun, qxc, Ddoro, Masa, TT1, Suppy, Caliber
Sasquatch, Trimaster, Insur, Axslav, Leiya, Tubbythefat, Major, Maker, Remark, Glon
hendralisk, Combat-Ex

There you go. Yes, it's fucking hard.


Pretty sure a bunch retired or do not play professionally..... Not only that, do you think people would rather watch this over GSL, and that a league filled with these players is a sustainable business model?


But we can watch both. They aren't on at the same time. It not one of the other. We can have it all. Though I understand if you refuse to accept that in an attempt to make your point that it should be all Koreans all the time.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
April 10 2013 15:10 GMT
#1143
Kinda doesn't sit well with me that current Code S players would jump ship to chase easy money. They currently represent the highest level of competition in the world and they're running from that to face easier competition. IMO it's dishonorable.
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
April 10 2013 15:10 GMT
#1144
It's a trap! Blizzard luring all the Korean players from the top foreign to commit to the NA WCS for a couple of seasons and then, SURPRISE, it will be offline only, forcing the teams to build the infrastructure needed in the city the studio is located.
yrt123
Profile Joined October 2012
Singapore1246 Posts
April 10 2013 15:11 GMT
#1145
On April 11 2013 00:00 Wombat_NI wrote:
Wow, for the first time in a while NA will have more stacked competition than that of EU. I was expecting a more even split of players for those that didn't lock themselves into Kr tbh, bit of a surprise


Probably has to do with lower ping on NA compared to EU I think.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 10 2013 15:11 GMT
#1146
On April 11 2013 00:10 Doodsmack wrote:
Kinda doesn't sit well with me that current Code S players would jump ship to chase easy money. They currently represent the highest level of competition in the world and they're running from that to face easier competition. IMO it's dishonorable.


Its not shocking at all. All the players in it for the money, though some die hard fans would like to claim that Koreans are in it for the love of the game. Its a little of both, but the money makes it easier to love the game.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
April 10 2013 15:11 GMT
#1147
On April 11 2013 00:10 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:07 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:03 StarVe wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:55 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:52 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:45 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:39 JustPassingBy wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:38 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:32 dacimvrl wrote:
[quote]

Course. EG Masters, MSI masters, MLG exhibition matches, IPL showdowns last year, Day9's King of Beta tournaments..etc., and they are all very watchable. you ever watched any of them?


Watched a whole bunch of the EG masters, MLG exhibitions and IPL show matches. Even King of the Beta. But I want more. I want an NA GSL that is offline and does not provide excepts for Korean players who want to qualify online. And I want it sooner, rather than later.


So you are already aware of these tournaments and you asked if there's any? You keep contradicting yourself..... Like someone already mentioned, you simply cannot fill an entire roster of NA players in that 32 man format, I don't think I can even list 10 notable NA players off the top of my head. You might as well just watch CSL.


To be fair, I cannot as well, but that is because I am not part of the NA community. I can probably list the names of two dozen european players the average joe on NA has never heard of though.


For the record, there's a lot more notable euro players, and I can easily list 10 or 12, but my point still stands in NA.

Yeah, but all the EU players I would say I hadn't heard of and were not good enough to justify a slot, just like you would do for the 10-12 NA players I would name off. The point is that both regions have talent, but the Koreans are often given exceptions to make sure they can compete in tournaments. There is room for an NA and EU league that is held off line and that players have to come in person to play.


well, I am pretty familiar with the NA scene, so try me, try to even list 32 NA players. It's a challenge!

Scarlett, IdrA, HuK, Machine, incontrol, LZgamer, NonY, State, Illusion, Catz
Drewbie, Theognis, Vibe, Minigun, qxc, Ddoro, Masa, TT1, Suppy, Caliber
Sasquatch, Trimaster, Insur, Axslav, Leiya, Tubbythefat, Major, Maker, Remark, Glon
hendralisk, Combat-Ex

There you go. Yes, it's fucking hard.


Pretty sure a bunch retired or do not play professionally..... Not only that, do you think people would rather watch this over GSL, and that a league filled with these players is a sustainable business model?


But we can watch both. They aren't on at the same time. It not one of the other. We can have it all. Though I understand if you refuse to accept that in an attempt to make your point that it should be all Koreans all the time.


Let me quote you from earlier - " we only have so much time, the leaves in the backyard aren't gonna rake themselves", so all of a sudden, the leaves in your backyard are gonna rake themselves?
TheBloodyDwarf
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
Finland7524 Posts
April 10 2013 15:13 GMT
#1148
On April 10 2013 23:29 Sjokola wrote:
I don't understand all the people who say they only want to see Koreans play because they are better. I wonder if these people don't support any local sports teams. Do they only watch Champions league? To me sports is all about supporting your local team/players and the stories and rivalries between the players.

In the Netherlands we have our football (soccer) league team FC Utrecht. It doesn't really matter to them how the season goes as long as they beat Ajax.


You are my new god. You just wrote it so good.
Fusilero: "I still can't believe he did that, like dude what the fuck there's fandom and then there's what he did like holy shit. I still see it when I close my eyes." <- reaction to the original drunk santa post which later caught on
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
April 10 2013 15:13 GMT
#1149
On April 11 2013 00:09 Benjamin99 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:07 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:03 StarVe wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:55 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:52 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:45 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:39 JustPassingBy wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:38 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:34 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:32 dacimvrl wrote:
[quote]

Course. EG Masters, MSI masters, MLG exhibition matches, IPL showdowns last year, Day9's King of Beta tournaments..etc., and they are all very watchable. you ever watched any of them?


Watched a whole bunch of the EG masters, MLG exhibitions and IPL show matches. Even King of the Beta. But I want more. I want an NA GSL that is offline and does not provide excepts for Korean players who want to qualify online. And I want it sooner, rather than later.


So you are already aware of these tournaments and you asked if there's any? You keep contradicting yourself..... Like someone already mentioned, you simply cannot fill an entire roster of NA players in that 32 man format, I don't think I can even list 10 notable NA players off the top of my head. You might as well just watch CSL.


To be fair, I cannot as well, but that is because I am not part of the NA community. I can probably list the names of two dozen european players the average joe on NA has never heard of though.


For the record, there's a lot more notable euro players, and I can easily list 10 or 12, but my point still stands in NA.

Yeah, but all the EU players I would say I hadn't heard of and were not good enough to justify a slot, just like you would do for the 10-12 NA players I would name off. The point is that both regions have talent, but the Koreans are often given exceptions to make sure they can compete in tournaments. There is room for an NA and EU league that is held off line and that players have to come in person to play.


well, I am pretty familiar with the NA scene, so try me, try to even list 32 NA players. It's a challenge!

Scarlett, IdrA, HuK, Machine, incontrol, LZgamer, NonY, State, Illusion, Catz
Drewbie, Theognis, Vibe, Minigun, qxc, Ddoro, Masa, TT1, Suppy, Caliber
Sasquatch, Trimaster, Insur, Axslav, Leiya, Tubbythefat, Major, Maker, Remark, Glon
hendralisk, Combat-Ex

There you go. Yes, it's fucking hard.


Pretty sure a bunch retired or do not play professionally..... Not only that, do you think people would rather watch this over GSL, and that a league filled with these players is a sustainable business model?


why shouldn't it? I actually enjoyed IPL 1 very much because I wanted to know who the best NA player was. Its all about the stories and there is a lot of good stories there I would defiantly watch


Yes, but I honestly don't think it's sustainable or even profitable, and that's why there isn't one yet, and there won't be one in the future.
HobyHarro
Profile Joined February 2013
United States30 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 15:17:35
April 10 2013 15:13 GMT
#1150
While there are some negative aspects (highlighted by catz and other pro players), there are also some very positive benefits from this. The foreigner scene isnt going anywhere... if anything this only adds to the foreigner scene. Koreans were already traveling to NA and EU tournaments and winning them before WCS. If anything, this locks koreans in their WCS league more than previously was the case. Now there are a set amount of korean players in the division, which will hopefully bring the skill level up.

It definitely isn't the best situation. But it is absolutely an improvement. Keep in mind that this is just the first year. Additionally, it seems that Blizzard fully plans to implement more stringent region locking based on citizenship in the future. GIve WCS time to mature, please.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 10 2013 15:13 GMT
#1151
On April 11 2013 00:11 dacimvrl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:10 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:07 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:03 StarVe wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:55 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:52 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:45 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:39 JustPassingBy wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:38 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:34 Plansix wrote:
[quote]

Watched a whole bunch of the EG masters, MLG exhibitions and IPL show matches. Even King of the Beta. But I want more. I want an NA GSL that is offline and does not provide excepts for Korean players who want to qualify online. And I want it sooner, rather than later.


So you are already aware of these tournaments and you asked if there's any? You keep contradicting yourself..... Like someone already mentioned, you simply cannot fill an entire roster of NA players in that 32 man format, I don't think I can even list 10 notable NA players off the top of my head. You might as well just watch CSL.


To be fair, I cannot as well, but that is because I am not part of the NA community. I can probably list the names of two dozen european players the average joe on NA has never heard of though.


For the record, there's a lot more notable euro players, and I can easily list 10 or 12, but my point still stands in NA.

Yeah, but all the EU players I would say I hadn't heard of and were not good enough to justify a slot, just like you would do for the 10-12 NA players I would name off. The point is that both regions have talent, but the Koreans are often given exceptions to make sure they can compete in tournaments. There is room for an NA and EU league that is held off line and that players have to come in person to play.


well, I am pretty familiar with the NA scene, so try me, try to even list 32 NA players. It's a challenge!

Scarlett, IdrA, HuK, Machine, incontrol, LZgamer, NonY, State, Illusion, Catz
Drewbie, Theognis, Vibe, Minigun, qxc, Ddoro, Masa, TT1, Suppy, Caliber
Sasquatch, Trimaster, Insur, Axslav, Leiya, Tubbythefat, Major, Maker, Remark, Glon
hendralisk, Combat-Ex

There you go. Yes, it's fucking hard.


Pretty sure a bunch retired or do not play professionally..... Not only that, do you think people would rather watch this over GSL, and that a league filled with these players is a sustainable business model?


But we can watch both. They aren't on at the same time. It not one of the other. We can have it all. Though I understand if you refuse to accept that in an attempt to make your point that it should be all Koreans all the time.


Let me quote you from earlier - " we only have so much time, the leaves in the backyard aren't gonna rake themselves", so all of a sudden, the leaves in your backyard are gonna rake themselves?

Well I rake leafs on the weekend and these are during the week. Plus, I watch GSL at work on my Iphone. I have time for both as long as they aren't weekend long events.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
snafoo
Profile Joined August 2010
New Zealand1615 Posts
April 10 2013 15:13 GMT
#1152
The MVP players going for EU is really supprising... LG/SK is explainable through their relationship and SK being a EU team, same with Mill & Acer(being EU)... Would expect Mvp/MC to stay with Reis quite a bit in EU, MMA with some Acer staff and forgg in the Mill house obviously, but the MVP players? Strange...

Also, the KR <-> EU latency... eek.
Hitch-22
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
Canada753 Posts
April 10 2013 15:14 GMT
#1153
Blizzard... Managing to take a very simple concept and make it ridiculously difficult for everyone involved and basically shit on everyone for no other reason as to just do it.

Seems like usual business, I'm surprised anyone finds this surprising.
"We all let our sword do the talking for us once in awhile I guess" - Bregor, the legendary critical striker and critical misser who triple crits 2 horses with 1 arrow but lands 3 1's in a row
Elairec
Profile Joined June 2011
United States410 Posts
April 10 2013 15:15 GMT
#1154
On April 11 2013 00:11 dacimvrl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:10 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:07 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:03 StarVe wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:55 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:52 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:45 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:39 JustPassingBy wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:38 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:34 Plansix wrote:
[quote]

Watched a whole bunch of the EG masters, MLG exhibitions and IPL show matches. Even King of the Beta. But I want more. I want an NA GSL that is offline and does not provide excepts for Korean players who want to qualify online. And I want it sooner, rather than later.


So you are already aware of these tournaments and you asked if there's any? You keep contradicting yourself..... Like someone already mentioned, you simply cannot fill an entire roster of NA players in that 32 man format, I don't think I can even list 10 notable NA players off the top of my head. You might as well just watch CSL.


To be fair, I cannot as well, but that is because I am not part of the NA community. I can probably list the names of two dozen european players the average joe on NA has never heard of though.


For the record, there's a lot more notable euro players, and I can easily list 10 or 12, but my point still stands in NA.

Yeah, but all the EU players I would say I hadn't heard of and were not good enough to justify a slot, just like you would do for the 10-12 NA players I would name off. The point is that both regions have talent, but the Koreans are often given exceptions to make sure they can compete in tournaments. There is room for an NA and EU league that is held off line and that players have to come in person to play.


well, I am pretty familiar with the NA scene, so try me, try to even list 32 NA players. It's a challenge!

Scarlett, IdrA, HuK, Machine, incontrol, LZgamer, NonY, State, Illusion, Catz
Drewbie, Theognis, Vibe, Minigun, qxc, Ddoro, Masa, TT1, Suppy, Caliber
Sasquatch, Trimaster, Insur, Axslav, Leiya, Tubbythefat, Major, Maker, Remark, Glon
hendralisk, Combat-Ex

There you go. Yes, it's fucking hard.


Pretty sure a bunch retired or do not play professionally..... Not only that, do you think people would rather watch this over GSL, and that a league filled with these players is a sustainable business model?


But we can watch both. They aren't on at the same time. It not one of the other. We can have it all. Though I understand if you refuse to accept that in an attempt to make your point that it should be all Koreans all the time.


Let me quote you from earlier - " we only have so much time, the leaves in the backyard aren't gonna rake themselves", so all of a sudden, the leaves in your backyard are gonna rake themselves?


Don't be a prick; there will be vods
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
April 10 2013 15:15 GMT
#1155
On April 11 2013 00:13 snafoo wrote:
The MVP players going for EU is really supprising... LG/SK is explainable through their relationship and SK being a EU team, same with Mill & Acer(being EU)... Would expect Mvp/MC to stay with Reis quite a bit in EU, MMA with some Acer staff and forgg in the Mill house obviously, but the MVP players? Strange...

Also, the KR <-> EU latency... eek.


Not enough to stop Hyun... on the other hand, neither were the 15 progamers send after his head in the fight club.
SpikeStarcraft
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany2095 Posts
April 10 2013 15:15 GMT
#1156
On April 11 2013 00:10 JustPassingBy wrote:
It's a trap! Blizzard luring all the Korean players from the top foreign to commit to the NA WCS for a couple of seasons and then, SURPRISE, it will be offline only, forcing the teams to build the infrastructure needed in the city the studio is located.


you are only region locked for this year and this year is mostly online. If next year will be offline, they can still change back to korea if they want to.
TimENT
Profile Joined November 2012
United States1425 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-10 15:18:52
April 10 2013 15:16 GMT
#1157
I can't wait!
Barcelona / Arsenal Fan!
Klipsys
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1533 Posts
April 10 2013 15:16 GMT
#1158
He listed combat-ex LOL!!!!!!
Hudson Valley Progamer
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
April 10 2013 15:16 GMT
#1159
On April 11 2013 00:13 dacimvrl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:09 Benjamin99 wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:07 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:03 StarVe wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:55 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:52 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:45 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:39 JustPassingBy wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:38 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:34 Plansix wrote:
[quote]

Watched a whole bunch of the EG masters, MLG exhibitions and IPL show matches. Even King of the Beta. But I want more. I want an NA GSL that is offline and does not provide excepts for Korean players who want to qualify online. And I want it sooner, rather than later.


So you are already aware of these tournaments and you asked if there's any? You keep contradicting yourself..... Like someone already mentioned, you simply cannot fill an entire roster of NA players in that 32 man format, I don't think I can even list 10 notable NA players off the top of my head. You might as well just watch CSL.


To be fair, I cannot as well, but that is because I am not part of the NA community. I can probably list the names of two dozen european players the average joe on NA has never heard of though.


For the record, there's a lot more notable euro players, and I can easily list 10 or 12, but my point still stands in NA.

Yeah, but all the EU players I would say I hadn't heard of and were not good enough to justify a slot, just like you would do for the 10-12 NA players I would name off. The point is that both regions have talent, but the Koreans are often given exceptions to make sure they can compete in tournaments. There is room for an NA and EU league that is held off line and that players have to come in person to play.


well, I am pretty familiar with the NA scene, so try me, try to even list 32 NA players. It's a challenge!

Scarlett, IdrA, HuK, Machine, incontrol, LZgamer, NonY, State, Illusion, Catz
Drewbie, Theognis, Vibe, Minigun, qxc, Ddoro, Masa, TT1, Suppy, Caliber
Sasquatch, Trimaster, Insur, Axslav, Leiya, Tubbythefat, Major, Maker, Remark, Glon
hendralisk, Combat-Ex

There you go. Yes, it's fucking hard.


Pretty sure a bunch retired or do not play professionally..... Not only that, do you think people would rather watch this over GSL, and that a league filled with these players is a sustainable business model?


why shouldn't it? I actually enjoyed IPL 1 very much because I wanted to know who the best NA player was. Its all about the stories and there is a lot of good stories there I would defiantly watch


Yes, but I honestly don't think it's sustainable or even profitable, and that's why there isn't one yet, and there won't be one in the future.


You do know that WCS is going to be offline in 2014, right? Its going to be mostly NA players at that point, unless the Korean players want to live in the US.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
dacimvrl
Profile Joined December 2011
Vatican City State582 Posts
April 10 2013 15:17 GMT
#1160
On April 11 2013 00:15 Elairec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 11 2013 00:11 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:10 Plansix wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:07 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 11 2013 00:03 StarVe wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:55 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:52 Plansix wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:45 dacimvrl wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:39 JustPassingBy wrote:
On April 10 2013 23:38 dacimvrl wrote:
[quote]

So you are already aware of these tournaments and you asked if there's any? You keep contradicting yourself..... Like someone already mentioned, you simply cannot fill an entire roster of NA players in that 32 man format, I don't think I can even list 10 notable NA players off the top of my head. You might as well just watch CSL.


To be fair, I cannot as well, but that is because I am not part of the NA community. I can probably list the names of two dozen european players the average joe on NA has never heard of though.


For the record, there's a lot more notable euro players, and I can easily list 10 or 12, but my point still stands in NA.

Yeah, but all the EU players I would say I hadn't heard of and were not good enough to justify a slot, just like you would do for the 10-12 NA players I would name off. The point is that both regions have talent, but the Koreans are often given exceptions to make sure they can compete in tournaments. There is room for an NA and EU league that is held off line and that players have to come in person to play.


well, I am pretty familiar with the NA scene, so try me, try to even list 32 NA players. It's a challenge!

Scarlett, IdrA, HuK, Machine, incontrol, LZgamer, NonY, State, Illusion, Catz
Drewbie, Theognis, Vibe, Minigun, qxc, Ddoro, Masa, TT1, Suppy, Caliber
Sasquatch, Trimaster, Insur, Axslav, Leiya, Tubbythefat, Major, Maker, Remark, Glon
hendralisk, Combat-Ex

There you go. Yes, it's fucking hard.


Pretty sure a bunch retired or do not play professionally..... Not only that, do you think people would rather watch this over GSL, and that a league filled with these players is a sustainable business model?


But we can watch both. They aren't on at the same time. It not one of the other. We can have it all. Though I understand if you refuse to accept that in an attempt to make your point that it should be all Koreans all the time.


Let me quote you from earlier - " we only have so much time, the leaves in the backyard aren't gonna rake themselves", so all of a sudden, the leaves in your backyard are gonna rake themselves?


Don't be a prick; there will be vods


Don't be a retard, vods require TIME to watch..
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 85 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 698
ComeBackTV 405
SteadfastSC348
Rex119
CosmosSc2 46
EnkiAlexander 43
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 348
ProTech147
Rex 119
CosmosSc2 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44500
Jaedong 1177
Hyuk 1161
Soma 808
Mini 592
Horang2 559
BeSt 506
EffOrt 447
Soulkey 403
Larva 397
[ Show more ]
ZerO 284
Stork 270
Rush 256
Last 239
Snow 236
ggaemo 212
hero 77
Mind 59
Killer 53
Free 52
Sharp 33
Shinee 33
Terrorterran 26
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 24
Shine 23
Bale 21
yabsab 16
Rock 16
Trap 15
HiyA 15
Liquid`Ret 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc8575
qojqva1261
Dendi799
Counter-Strike
Fnx 780
x6flipin609
markeloff142
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2330
Khaldor1865
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2757
singsing2064
hiko918
B2W.Neo893
byalli421
Liquid`VortiX195
KnowMe119
QueenE82
Mew2King77
Trikslyr26
Railgan17
ZerO(Twitch)15
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile118
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
• intothetv
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 8
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• FirePhoenix0
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2466
League of Legends
• Nemesis1782
• Jankos1210
• TFBlade849
Other Games
• Shiphtur259
• WagamamaTV217
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 42m
OSC
21h 42m
Stellar Fest
21h 42m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.