• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:05
CEST 13:05
KST 20:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8934 users

Cloud Retires from SC2 - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
188 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
March 18 2013 12:50 GMT
#41
On March 18 2013 21:12 Wildmoon wrote:
This is for the best. I have seen many times about how he doesn't like SC2 and doesn't think it's a good game but he played it for his own reasons. I was wondering back then how could you force yourself to do that? The difference in his play and the player who play with passion and enjoy the game such as Life show through their game. I don't need to say which is more fun to watch.


I'll be waiting for Idra's retirement announcement then.
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
Mondieu
Profile Joined November 2011
Romania803 Posts
March 18 2013 12:54 GMT
#42
I guess he'll be back in one month and regret taking this 'break' .
Markwerf
Profile Joined March 2010
Netherlands3728 Posts
March 18 2013 12:54 GMT
#43
Good riddens to be honest. Decent player but his narcistic tendencies were just annoying, constantly saying crap etc. about the game. I can agree the game sucks at some points but don't whine about it as a progamer.
He overrates his own skill by quite a bit as well imo..
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
March 18 2013 12:54 GMT
#44
On March 18 2013 21:50 fabiano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 21:12 Wildmoon wrote:
This is for the best. I have seen many times about how he doesn't like SC2 and doesn't think it's a good game but he played it for his own reasons. I was wondering back then how could you force yourself to do that? The difference in his play and the player who play with passion and enjoy the game such as Life show through their game. I don't need to say which is more fun to watch.


I'll be waiting for Idra's retirement announcement then.


It's not impossible if he keeps doing nothing result wise.
Kuni
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Austria765 Posts
March 18 2013 12:55 GMT
#45
On March 18 2013 21:50 fabiano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 21:12 Wildmoon wrote:
This is for the best. I have seen many times about how he doesn't like SC2 and doesn't think it's a good game but he played it for his own reasons. I was wondering back then how could you force yourself to do that? The difference in his play and the player who play with passion and enjoy the game such as Life show through their game. I don't need to say which is more fun to watch.


I'll be waiting for Idra's retirement announcement then.


Idra gets money from drawing in viewers for his sponsors, his stream etc. Why quit when you earn good money.
But obviously, not enough people care about Cloud, that this would be possible for him. So it's a dead end.

Funny that some say he's a fucking asshole and other say he's a nice guy, right next to each other. Hardly anything in between.
bonus vir semper tiro
TRaFFiC
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada1448 Posts
March 18 2013 13:00 GMT
#46
I enjoyed your stream from time to time and your terran play. Your mouse precision is impressive. HF in your future endeavors.
2v2, 1v1, Zerg, Terran http://www.twitch.tv/trafficsc2
chukolna
Profile Joined February 2010
78 Posts
March 18 2013 13:02 GMT
#47
and not a single fuck was given that day

User was warned for this post
Grow up Raj, there's no place for truth on the Internet.
Ragnarork
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
France9034 Posts
March 18 2013 13:08 GMT
#48
I can't say I'll really miss him...

I mean... the guy has insulted (with horrible insults... not just something like "dumbass", balance whined... )

Well, good luck in the future anyway !
LiquipediaWanderer
VPVanek
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada238 Posts
March 18 2013 13:11 GMT
#49
Always liked watching your stream.
Goodluck in the future Cloud!
FoXer
butterstulle
Profile Joined March 2013
Germany20 Posts
March 18 2013 13:13 GMT
#50
what a shame, he always was a nice guy to talk to at the homestorycups
Martijn
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Netherlands1219 Posts
March 18 2013 13:19 GMT
#51
I don't think anyone will argue that Cloud didn't have a whole lot of character. Ever since he moved back to Italy I think some of us expected him to eventually quit. It wasn't a secret he didn't enjoy sc2 all that much. Love him or hate him, he was a noteworthy player in the EU community for a long long time.
http://www.glhf.tv fighting! Former WesternWolves & LowLandLions operations manager.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
March 18 2013 13:23 GMT
#52
oh my gawd sc2 is dyeing

User was warned for this post
Junichi
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany1056 Posts
March 18 2013 13:26 GMT
#53
On March 18 2013 22:23 Doodsmack wrote:
oh my gawd sc2 is dyeing


Dyeing what? And in what color?


Hf with your new life Cloud.
"Until the very, very top, in almost anything all that matters, is how much work you put in. The only problem is that most people can't work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they don't have a real passion for." - Greg "IdrA" Fields
JazVM
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1196 Posts
March 18 2013 13:26 GMT
#54
On March 18 2013 21:35 BoYoB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 20:26 SarcasmMonster wrote:
I know very well within myself I could stand above any non korean progamer if I put enough dedication into it, but what kept me from doing so in Starcraft2 was the fact I don't enjoy playing this game at all.


... that's a terrible mentality


That guy is a joke.


You nailed it :D
mind mind mind mind mind mind
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 18 2013 13:34 GMT
#55
On March 18 2013 20:52 Zarahtra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 20:33 Plansix wrote:
On March 18 2013 20:28 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
On March 18 2013 20:26 SarcasmMonster wrote:
I know very well within myself I could stand above any non korean progamer if I put enough dedication into it, but what kept me from doing so in Starcraft2 was the fact I don't enjoy playing this game at all.


... that's a terrible mentality

How so?


To paraphrase: "I know have the potential to be better than anyone(non-Korean) in the world, but I didn't like the game, so I quit"

It is close to blaming SC2 for why he didn't do well. He leaves it subjective by saying that he didn't "enjoy" the game, but he is still heaping the blame on SC2 rather than himself.

Well you are reading it like you want to read it. I read it more like "I didn't enjoy the game so I didn't put as much time/effort into it as required to excel", which is basically what his whole blog is about, how he loved BW and therefor he was putting a lot more effort into developing as a player.


We all can read what we want to read, that is why it is call interpretation and we have the phrase “reading between the lines”. But the attitude that “I didn’t do well because the game wasn’t as good as BW, that I loved”, while also claiming to be capable of being one of the best in the world, is a little hard to swallow. With players like Flash coming into the scene, who would accept the challenge of becoming the best at any RTS you put in front of them and Nanwai, who just wants to become the best no matter what, I have grown tired of people blaming SC2 for their woes.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
johnny123
Profile Joined February 2012
521 Posts
March 18 2013 13:43 GMT
#56
bleh, the little i do know of him was from homestory and his feud with Goody. About his skill level and passion for the game. Dont really care. Anybody that is getting stomped in sc2 would say the same thing, "dont have passion for the game etc etc".

well adios.
Favorite players,Stephano/MVP/Nestea/Gumiho/Life/Jaedong/MMA
E.L.V.I.S
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium458 Posts
March 18 2013 13:45 GMT
#57
Not a surprise
http://twitch.tv/maggrig | @SC2ELVIS | http://www.facebook.com/sc2ELVIS
bluQ
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Germany1724 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 13:47:52
March 18 2013 13:46 GMT
#58
Everyone who followed the german scene know him and what I know from him was always entertaining.
Sometimes in bad ways, sometimes in good ways.
None the less, due to all this negativity, i felt obligated to post that I will miss him.

Good luck in your future endavors.
www.twitch.tv/bluquh (PoE, Starbow, HS)
Northern_iight
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada363 Posts
March 18 2013 13:50 GMT
#59
On March 18 2013 21:55 Kuni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 21:50 fabiano wrote:
On March 18 2013 21:12 Wildmoon wrote:
This is for the best. I have seen many times about how he doesn't like SC2 and doesn't think it's a good game but he played it for his own reasons. I was wondering back then how could you force yourself to do that? The difference in his play and the player who play with passion and enjoy the game such as Life show through their game. I don't need to say which is more fun to watch.


I'll be waiting for Idra's retirement announcement then.


Idra gets money from drawing in viewers for his sponsors, his stream etc. Why quit when you earn good money.
But obviously, not enough people care about Cloud, that this would be possible for him. So it's a dead end.

Funny that some say he's a fucking asshole and other say he's a nice guy, right next to each other. Hardly anything in between.


fabiano is being sarcastic.
nimdil
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Poland3773 Posts
March 18 2013 13:52 GMT
#60
On March 18 2013 21:50 fabiano wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 21:12 Wildmoon wrote:
This is for the best. I have seen many times about how he doesn't like SC2 and doesn't think it's a good game but he played it for his own reasons. I was wondering back then how could you force yourself to do that? The difference in his play and the player who play with passion and enjoy the game such as Life show through their game. I don't need to say which is more fun to watch.


I'll be waiting for Idra's retirement announcement then.

I think that IdrA - actually - would make pretty good coach. It's maybe a long shot but he seems to be very analytical about the game, has the best background among foreigners for that kind of job plus he nerve issues wouldn't be his issues.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko263
SpeCial 82
ProTech26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15858
firebathero 2330
Bisu 950
Hyuk 624
Horang2 502
Larva 320
BeSt 249
Light 200
Mini 184
EffOrt 145
[ Show more ]
Soma 134
Rush 98
Barracks 90
Leta 86
ZerO 67
Pusan 61
Mong 55
Killer 51
ToSsGirL 47
Sharp 42
Yoon 35
Aegong 35
Shinee 32
Mind 29
Sexy 26
NaDa 26
Snow 24
sorry 21
Bale 21
Hm[arnc] 19
Sacsri 18
JulyZerg 15
zelot 15
Noble 15
Terrorterran 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 11
Sea.KH 5
Dota 2
XaKoH 296
Fuzer 181
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss906
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1017
crisheroes1011
Other Games
gofns30388
singsing1907
olofmeister1135
B2W.Neo222
Mew2King80
Livibee66
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream191
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH119
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 56m
OSC
10h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 56m
Online Event
23h 56m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.