• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:08
CEST 08:08
KST 15:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6742 users

Cloud Retires from SC2

Forum Index > SC2 General
188 CommentsPost a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Plexa
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
Aotearoa39261 Posts
March 18 2013 11:01 GMT
#1
In his blog on TeamLiquid, Cloud has announced that he will retire from SC2.
On March 18 2013 17:01 aTnClouD wrote:
Even though right now is the weirdest time to do something like this I decided I will quit being a progamer and leave eSports and gaming alltogether. This might sound weird to some people since I've been playing really well towards the end of Wings of Liberty and HotS looks like a more balanced and fun game to play. It means much to take such a big decision and even though I'm really busy at the moment I feel I owe the amazing TeamLiquid community an explaination and a final thread....

Read the whole blog here
Facebook Twitter Reddit
Administrator~ Spirit will set you free ~
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 11:09:54
March 18 2013 11:03 GMT
#2
Agh, what a shame. Well, gl hf to you, ClouD!

edit: So Take forced him to play a bo5 against Goody every day on the Cebit and shortly afterwards he quit...? Hm...
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
March 18 2013 11:05 GMT
#3
Oh ! Not a good surprise.


Byebye Mister Cloud.
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
JazVM
Profile Joined October 2012
Germany1196 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 11:08:03
March 18 2013 11:07 GMT
#4
Has he ever fulfilled his dream of beating Goody?

I will miss you Cloud, you were one of the most straight up players and you were never holding back your opinion. I respect that a lot.
mind mind mind mind mind mind
Sephmeister
Profile Joined December 2011
United Kingdom13 Posts
March 18 2013 11:08 GMT
#5
He cant cry about terran any more so he quits? I kid, I kid.

Best of luck in all your future endeavours
ComplexConf
Profile Joined September 2011
Ireland161 Posts
March 18 2013 11:16 GMT
#6
Never liked the guy and he never shined although everyone always had good things to say about him..

For sure a decent sc2 player, but not good enough to play it professionally imo. Gl with life and all!
"Carrier has arrived" "GTFO OR DIE!"
Hypemeup
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden2783 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 11:21:57
March 18 2013 11:20 GMT
#7
Shame, it was nice to have someone always saying it like he saw it rather than the super politically correct bullshit some progamers keep spouting every fucking chance they get.

He was also the only relevant terran whiner personality out there(avilo dont count). Meanwhile Zerg and Protoss do have more than enough of whiners.
llIH
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2147 Posts
March 18 2013 11:21 GMT
#8
That's really sad to hear
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
March 18 2013 11:22 GMT
#9
Shame a fun player to watch and cheer for. Great character and I wish him the best.
KingMel
Profile Joined July 2012
France120 Posts
March 18 2013 11:24 GMT
#10
noooooo
mongmong
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)1389 Posts
March 18 2013 11:26 GMT
#11
Sad to see him go, i really liked his brutal honesty even though a lot of people shit on him for that.. good luck with the next phase of your life
어헣 ↗ 어헣 ↗
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
March 18 2013 11:26 GMT
#12
I know very well within myself I could stand above any non korean progamer if I put enough dedication into it, but what kept me from doing so in Starcraft2 was the fact I don't enjoy playing this game at all.


... that's a terrible mentality
MMA: The true King of Wings
KaiserJohan
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden1808 Posts
March 18 2013 11:27 GMT
#13
Sad to see you go cloud
England will fight to the last American
AmericanUmlaut
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Germany2597 Posts
March 18 2013 11:28 GMT
#14
On March 18 2013 20:26 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
I know very well within myself I could stand above any non korean progamer if I put enough dedication into it, but what kept me from doing so in Starcraft2 was the fact I don't enjoy playing this game at all.


... that's a terrible mentality

How so?
The frumious Bandersnatch
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
March 18 2013 11:29 GMT
#15
Really liked his snarkiness :D
I feel like his reasons are good ones.
Deleted User 61629
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
1664 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 19:02:25
March 18 2013 11:32 GMT
#16
--- Nuked ---
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
March 18 2013 11:33 GMT
#17
On March 18 2013 20:28 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 20:26 SarcasmMonster wrote:
I know very well within myself I could stand above any non korean progamer if I put enough dedication into it, but what kept me from doing so in Starcraft2 was the fact I don't enjoy playing this game at all.


... that's a terrible mentality

How so?


To paraphrase: "I know have the potential to be better than anyone(non-Korean) in the world, but I didn't like the game, so I quit"

It is close to blaming SC2 for why he didn't do well. He leaves it subjective by saying that he didn't "enjoy" the game, but he is still heaping the blame on SC2 rather than himself.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
March 18 2013 11:34 GMT
#18
Have fun ClouD! Good luck!
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
Grovbolle
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Denmark3815 Posts
March 18 2013 11:35 GMT
#19
On March 18 2013 20:07 JazVM wrote:
Has he ever fulfilled his dream of beating Goody?

I will miss you Cloud, you were one of the most straight up players and you were never holding back your opinion. I respect that a lot.


A couple of times yes:
http://aligulac.com/results/search/?op=search&after=&before=&players=Goody
cloud&eventtext=&bo=all&offline=both&game=all
Lies, damned lies and statistics: http://aligulac.com
TechNoTrance
Profile Joined May 2012
Canada1007 Posts
March 18 2013 11:38 GMT
#20
Didn't follow him too much, but whenever his name came up he seemed to always have a negative impact on the community with his poor attitude. Not a huge loss IMO, but good luck to him regardless.
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 128
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1881
Shuttle 960
ggaemo 172
Dewaltoss 81
Yoon 58
Hm[arnc] 49
910 44
Bale 25
Noble 23
Mong 18
[ Show more ]
soO 18
ZergMaN 15
yabsab 13
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm185
League of Legends
JimRising 604
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1140
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor853
Other Games
summit1g8150
C9.Mang0321
PiGStarcraft271
Mew2King131
ViBE50
ArmadaUGS46
Happy35
trigger18
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream111
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 35
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2319
League of Legends
• Rush1167
• Lourlo1112
• Stunt407
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 52m
OSC
15h 52m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.