• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:03
CEST 12:03
KST 19:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8095 users

Cloud Retires from SC2 - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
188 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Destructicon
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
4713 Posts
March 18 2013 11:39 GMT
#21
I wish him the best of luck in whatever endeavors he wishes to pursue and just hope he can find something he can truly pour his passion into.
WriterNever give up, never surrender! https://www.youtube.com/user/DestructiconSC
Zarahtra
Profile Joined May 2010
Iceland4053 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 11:53:15
March 18 2013 11:52 GMT
#22
On March 18 2013 20:33 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 20:28 AmericanUmlaut wrote:
On March 18 2013 20:26 SarcasmMonster wrote:
I know very well within myself I could stand above any non korean progamer if I put enough dedication into it, but what kept me from doing so in Starcraft2 was the fact I don't enjoy playing this game at all.


... that's a terrible mentality

How so?


To paraphrase: "I know have the potential to be better than anyone(non-Korean) in the world, but I didn't like the game, so I quit"

It is close to blaming SC2 for why he didn't do well. He leaves it subjective by saying that he didn't "enjoy" the game, but he is still heaping the blame on SC2 rather than himself.

Well you are reading it like you want to read it. I read it more like "I didn't enjoy the game so I didn't put as much time/effort into it as required to excel", which is basically what his whole blog is about, how he loved BW and therefor he was putting a lot more effort into developing as a player.
Testuser
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
6469 Posts
March 18 2013 11:54 GMT
#23
This is probably for the better. He never seemed to bring a lot of positive things to the table - I clearly remember when he casted with Thorzian at homestory, man ...

I do wish him the best of luck in his life, though.
https://soundcloud.com/papercranesdk
asel
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
Germany1605 Posts
March 18 2013 12:03 GMT
#24
ClouD

But now you have time for SCBW again
eSTRO for life | #3 Sea.Really fan! | GGoliath! | aeterna societas honoris | cbta~ | Flash makes Terran look like Toss | aka RevaL
Sejanus
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Lithuania550 Posts
March 18 2013 12:08 GMT
#25
Korean show in the last MLG does that to people...

Good luck Cloud
Friends don't let friends massacre civilians
grindC
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Germany274 Posts
March 18 2013 12:09 GMT
#26
He's honest about everything and that's why he rules! GLHF with life Cloud!
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
March 18 2013 12:12 GMT
#27
This is for the best. I have seen many times about how he doesn't like SC2 and doesn't think it's a good game but he played it for his own reasons. I was wondering back then how could you force yourself to do that? The difference in his play and the player who play with passion and enjoy the game such as Life show through their game. I don't need to say which is more fun to watch.
isaachukfan
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Canada785 Posts
March 18 2013 12:14 GMT
#28
Sad to see you go!
I really loved your blogs!
GLHF in whatever you choose to do next!
I'm a mennonite, yes I'm allowed to use a computer
aTnClouD
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Italy2428 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 12:15:24
March 18 2013 12:14 GMT
#29
On March 18 2013 21:12 Wildmoon wrote:
This is for the best. I have seen many times about how he doesn't like SC2 and doesn't think it's a good game but he played it for his own reasons. I was wondering back then how could you force yourself to do that? The difference in his play and the player who play with passion and enjoy the game such as Life show through their game. I don't need to say which is more fun to watch.

I feel the same way. As Steve Jobs said here, you have to love what you do to do a great job. Yet I can say I really tried my best to like SC2 and this experience gave me a lot, so I am happy I did it even though I was very doubtful about SC2 from the beginning.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/hunter692007/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
MrMotionPicture
Profile Joined May 2010
United States4327 Posts
March 18 2013 12:15 GMT
#30
No more Cloud vs Goody :[
"Elvis Presley" | Ret was looking at my post in the GSL video by Artosis. | MMA told me I look like Juanfran while we shared an elevator with Scarlett
andrewnguyener
Profile Joined March 2011
United States548 Posts
March 18 2013 12:20 GMT
#31
Goodbye Cloud. Best of luck!
nehl
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany270 Posts
March 18 2013 12:23 GMT
#32
to be honest i'm not terribly suprised due to his lack of results.
best of luck to cloud for the future
DarKFoRcE
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Germany1215 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-18 12:25:08
March 18 2013 12:24 GMT
#33
I think he will be happier without SC2. While many people dislike him for his exaggerated ramblings and hate comments, I can tell you that his heart is in the right place. While he is probably one of the weirdest people I have met in eSport, he is also one of the few where I can confidently say that he is a good person

Good luck with poker, I hope you can keep your calm my friend :D
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/PinDarKFoRcE
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
March 18 2013 12:29 GMT
#34
On March 18 2013 21:14 aTnClouD wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 21:12 Wildmoon wrote:
This is for the best. I have seen many times about how he doesn't like SC2 and doesn't think it's a good game but he played it for his own reasons. I was wondering back then how could you force yourself to do that? The difference in his play and the player who play with passion and enjoy the game such as Life show through their game. I don't need to say which is more fun to watch.

I feel the same way. As Steve Jobs said here, you have to love what you do to do a great job. Yet I can say I really tried my best to like SC2 and this experience gave me a lot, so I am happy I did it even though I was very doubtful about SC2 from the beginning.


I don't think you can "try" to enjoy anything.
BoYoB
Profile Joined March 2011
France83 Posts
March 18 2013 12:35 GMT
#35
On March 18 2013 20:26 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
I know very well within myself I could stand above any non korean progamer if I put enough dedication into it, but what kept me from doing so in Starcraft2 was the fact I don't enjoy playing this game at all.


... that's a terrible mentality


That guy is a joke.

User was warned for this post
aTnClouD
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Italy2428 Posts
March 18 2013 12:38 GMT
#36
On March 18 2013 21:29 Wildmoon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 18 2013 21:14 aTnClouD wrote:
On March 18 2013 21:12 Wildmoon wrote:
This is for the best. I have seen many times about how he doesn't like SC2 and doesn't think it's a good game but he played it for his own reasons. I was wondering back then how could you force yourself to do that? The difference in his play and the player who play with passion and enjoy the game such as Life show through their game. I don't need to say which is more fun to watch.

I feel the same way. As Steve Jobs said here, you have to love what you do to do a great job. Yet I can say I really tried my best to like SC2 and this experience gave me a lot, so I am happy I did it even though I was very doubtful about SC2 from the beginning.


I don't think you can "try" to enjoy anything.

I know this very well right now, still happy I did it, and I believe I did well considering my passion for the game was not there all this time. I am most proud of my growth as a person in the last 3 years and especially the last months and that could have never happened without my progaming experience.
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/hunter692007/kruemelmonsteryn0.gif
KirA_TheGreaT
Profile Joined April 2011
France204 Posts
March 18 2013 12:40 GMT
#37
Good luck, i think you made a good choice
YourOldBuddy
Profile Joined December 2011
Iceland94 Posts
March 18 2013 12:40 GMT
#38
GG Cloud. You could make a pretty good caster, although that market is pretty saturated.
Sinedd
Profile Joined July 2008
Poland7052 Posts
March 18 2013 12:41 GMT
#39
time to get back to BW !!!
T H C makes ppl happy
StrinterN
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark531 Posts
March 18 2013 12:46 GMT
#40
Good luck. If the passion/love is not there, then progaming is not the right path.
Twitter: @Strintern Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/strintern
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 19024
firebathero 2223
Bisu 683
Hyuk 465
Horang2 220
BeSt 205
EffOrt 114
Sexy 111
Larva 109
Leta 108
[ Show more ]
Soma 94
Killer 84
Light 81
Dewaltoss 80
ZerO 55
ToSsGirL 49
soO 43
Rush 36
Pusan 35
Sharp 32
Shinee 25
Aegong 23
Bale 21
NaDa 21
Sacsri 20
Hm[arnc] 16
sorry 14
JulyZerg 11
Barracks 7
Noble 5
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
Fuzer 168
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss972
byalli705
kRYSTAL_47
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor981
crisheroes716
Other Games
gofns29777
singsing1676
olofmeister1031
ceh9681
Mew2King98
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream164
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2373
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 57m
OSC
11h 57m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 57m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.