• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:34
CEST 22:34
KST 05:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7443 users

Razer sponsors Evil Geniuses - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
380 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 20 Next All
Adience
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7 Posts
February 05 2013 03:11 GMT
#241
I have Razer Blackwidow but I'll admit it's only cause of the glowy lights and NOT because of e-sports. I'll still root for players that I enjoy watching regardless of their gear. Any promotion of my hobby as a legitimate industry is all good in my opinion.

Also I use a Blackwidow over a Filco cause the cable setup with it makes it easier to use with my desktop. If I ever got a USB/headphone jack hub I would probably switch keyboards since the quality on this one is a bit lacking. Love the blue switches though, wish I had picked the same for my other board. And I hate the Razer drivers, haven't used em since Synapse beta. Deathadder good mouse and TL Goliathus just looks great.
Pucca
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Taiwan1280 Posts
February 05 2013 03:15 GMT
#242
Further EG domination I love this sponsorship. Bought another Razer Naga because of this lol ;D
Master Chief
aznball123
Profile Joined February 2012
2759 Posts
February 05 2013 03:16 GMT
#243
razer effing awesome who cares
Mmm, what to watch.
TalonBot
Profile Joined November 2010
Greece28 Posts
February 05 2013 03:25 GMT
#244
On February 05 2013 06:02 crms wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 05 2013 05:46 TalonBot wrote:
good for EG!
Pity that most of razer/steelseries products are average at best..



I think both companies make great mice and mouse pads.

I use a steelseries headset and I think it's really comfortable but sound quality isn't much to be desired. When it breaks I'll be going back to senniheser or equivalent.

In general I think SS keyboards are nicer than Razer, less useless plastic and frill keys on their mechanicals. I also think the 6gv2 and 7g use costar boards which a lot of really good companies use.

My current equipment

Mice (DeathAdder and Sensei)
Headset (SS siberia, won't replace with SS or Razer)
Keyboard (mx brown filco majestouch, mx blue coolermaster tenkeyless)
Mouse pad (qck+ steelseries)



What i mean is that their products are either overpriced or there are better peripherals at X price point. Still, i really like their involvement in esports since early SK and i support them occasionally
iamho
Profile Joined June 2009
United States3347 Posts
February 05 2013 03:27 GMT
#245
Razer sponsors so much stuff in esports in crazy. I guess that's the only why you get people to pay buckets of money for stuff that looks good but doesn't actually make you play better.
vthree
Profile Joined November 2011
Hong Kong8039 Posts
February 05 2013 03:38 GMT
#246
On February 05 2013 12:27 iamho wrote:
Razer sponsors so much stuff in esports in crazy. I guess that's the only why you get people to pay buckets of money for stuff that looks good but doesn't actually make you play better.


Isn't this true for brand marketing in general? Supermodels don't eat at Carl Jr's, LeBron isn't good because of the shoes he wears, etc, etc.
Rorra
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia1066 Posts
February 05 2013 03:50 GMT
#247
well props to razer for supporting so many teams, eg being just another to add to the long list of 'razer' teams. Awesome they support esports. Not gonna lie though i never saw this particular sponsorship coming.
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
February 05 2013 03:54 GMT
#248
On February 05 2013 12:27 iamho wrote:
Razer sponsors so much stuff in esports in crazy. I guess that's the only why you get people to pay buckets of money for stuff that looks good but doesn't actually make you play better.

I just bought some really nice dishes for our kitchen, recently They hold food about the same as my previous dishes and none of the food tastes any better. And they were WAY more expensive that the dishes we owned before. So yes, sometimes people buy things for aesthetic value alone.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
WolfintheSheep
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada14127 Posts
February 05 2013 04:00 GMT
#249
On February 05 2013 12:27 iamho wrote:
Razer sponsors so much stuff in esports in crazy. I guess that's the only why you get people to pay buckets of money for stuff that looks good but doesn't actually make you play better.

"Things that look nice" happens to be a gigantic industry. Several industries, in fact.

But if you've never combed your hair, mowed your lawn, washed your car, picked out clothes, etc. then I suppose you are privileged in saying that those industries have no relevance to you at all.
Average means I'm better than half of you.
silverstyle
Profile Joined May 2011
Singapore1108 Posts
February 05 2013 04:02 GMT
#250
Awesome. I was wondering whether I should buy another SteelSeries or a Razer to replace my half broken Sensei. I think since Razer sponsors both EG and TL there is no doubt its going to be a Razer :D
Liquid`HerO!!!
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
February 05 2013 04:04 GMT
#251
On February 05 2013 12:27 iamho wrote:
Razer sponsors so much stuff in esports in crazy. I guess that's the only why you get people to pay buckets of money for stuff that looks good but doesn't actually make you play better.



Its not just looks. Razer is top notch when it comes to ergonomics and their products are great value depending on what you get. The Blackwidow is one of the best value mechanical boards right now at the sub $80 price point.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
February 05 2013 04:05 GMT
#252
awwwwww yeah

I think it's time for a new mouse. Maybe a mouse pad

>_>
<_<
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
ajxPurpleRain
Profile Joined July 2012
United States87 Posts
February 05 2013 04:07 GMT
#253
Now if only razer could put together their products in a halfway professional manner so that you don't have to replace your blue-glowing heavily sponsored crap every year.
Only want to see you /dancing in the PurpleRain.
cLAN.Anax
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States2847 Posts
February 05 2013 04:08 GMT
#254
Surprised this didn't happen sooner, lol.

Happy for the mutual support, naturally. Razer's investing a ton into this industry; I can appreciate their dedication to the cause.
┬─┬___(ツ)_/¯ 彡┻━┻ I am the 4%. "I cant believe i saw ANAL backwards before i saw the word LAN." - Capped
McBrungus
Profile Joined April 2011
United States265 Posts
February 05 2013 04:14 GMT
#255
The EG Razer mouspad is going to be so much more bitchin' that that monstrosity that SteelSeries put out for them. Can't wait.
So I says to Mabel, I says...
SiDX
Profile Joined July 2009
New Zealand1975 Posts
February 05 2013 04:14 GMT
#256
Hopefully they get some nice team jackets for PL
RaiKageRyu
Profile Joined August 2009
Canada4773 Posts
February 05 2013 04:35 GMT
#257
Now TL and EG can be nice and share equipment.
Someone call down the Thunder?
simmeh
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada2511 Posts
February 05 2013 04:42 GMT
#258
razer is good, but still not good enough for me to let my g9x go :p
byah!
Atthasit
Profile Joined July 2011
Russian Federation81 Posts
February 05 2013 04:55 GMT
#259
Expected but disappointing nonetheless. I hope the mice they decide to use won't randomly go offline every 30 minutes like my imperator did. Until I smashed it against a wall and bought a sensei. Good riddance.
tsCovert
Profile Joined July 2012
Mexico31 Posts
February 05 2013 05:12 GMT
#260
Siiiiiick duo... Love EG and Love Razer, although their promo poster is kinda lame :p hehe
Stay DRIVEN
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1518
RotterdaM1002
TaKeTV 231
IndyStarCraft 210
SteadfastSC188
ZombieGrub104
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1518
RotterdaM 1002
MaxPax 235
SteadfastSC 212
IndyStarCraft 205
RuFF_SC2 130
ZombieGrub104
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2592
Shuttle 437
Mind 65
910 62
Bale 13
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1156
Fnx 704
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu891
Other Games
summit1g5058
Grubby2721
shahzam497
Beastyqt372
mouzStarbuck241
C9.Mang0208
ToD160
UpATreeSC54
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV256
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream25
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 181
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Eskiya23 27
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2612
League of Legends
• TFBlade443
Other Games
• imaqtpie869
• Shiphtur335
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
2h 26m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 26m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
14h 26m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Patches Events
1d 19h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.