• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:21
CEST 07:21
KST 14:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9524 users

Fantasy Proleague '12-13 Round 1 - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
1887 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 95 Next
View results and standings here.
costinii
Profile Joined December 2012
Portugal59 Posts
December 07 2012 14:11 GMT
#321
Very good initiative! Thank you to all involved in the project.
worker man rings boss “me no work I sick” boss says “when im sick I f*ck my wife try that” 2 hours later worker man rings back “me better, you got nice house"
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
December 07 2012 14:11 GMT
#322
On December 07 2012 23:09 eXeprOxy wrote:
Just a question where can i see how many points each player costs?


It tells you when u sign up
iMAniaC
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway703 Posts
December 07 2012 14:12 GMT
#323
On December 07 2012 23:09 eXeprOxy wrote:
Just a question where can i see how many points each player costs?


You can see it when you're making your team, and there's a list posted eariler in the thread as well, here:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=386580&currentpage=3#59
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27448 Posts
December 07 2012 14:14 GMT
#324
Shit, I thought I had 13 minutes to get my team in so panicked, just noticed the clock was referring to hours.

Perhaps my panicked, instinctive selections shall serve me well though!
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
lykkekage
Profile Joined July 2011
Denmark107 Posts
December 07 2012 14:14 GMT
#325
Zerg Imba

Main Team
5 (P)JangBi
8 (Z)RorO (captain)
3 (Z)Sacsri
4 (Z)Shine
3 (T)Turn
4 (Z)ZerO
3 [tlpd#teams##sc2-korean]Woongjin Stars[/tlpd]

Anti Team
5 (P)Jaehoon
5 (P)Stats
3 (P)Terminator


Decided to get RorO as my captain since he has been doing really well in SC2 thus far (and he is zerg but thats a detail).

Other than that I got myself a lot of Samsung Khan players since they have en easy matchup against Team 8 the first week. Which is also why I got two Team 8 players for my anti team, other than BaBy they dont look strong at all.
I also got Stats for my anti team, since he will probably lose to Jaedong I think.
I picked Woongjin Stars as my team since the Team Liquid preview told me to. And they didnt cost a lot. Other than that i just picked some zergs. Ill obviously win
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 07 2012 14:15 GMT
#326
On December 07 2012 23:14 Wombat_NI wrote:
Shit, I thought I had 13 minutes to get my team in so panicked, just noticed the clock was referring to hours.

Perhaps my panicked, instinctive selections shall serve me well though!


You can make revisions until the signups are closed.

http://www.teamliquid.net/fantasy/proleague/Entry.php

Just go to that again and it lets you remake it as many times as you want.
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27448 Posts
December 07 2012 14:26 GMT
#327
Hm, cheers man. I've always done better in Fantasy Sport things when I randomly pick my teams instead of being thoughtful, so I might try and rely on blind luck for week one anyway!
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Nukm_
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany104 Posts
December 07 2012 14:50 GMT
#328
quick question from someone who is entering this the first time. whats the best general way to balance your picks between upcoming week/the announced matchups and the general feeling you have for players potential. it seems to me that if you trade just one player per week, you will have a much weaker team at the end of the season
BoggieMan
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
520 Posts
December 07 2012 14:53 GMT
#329
i want a jaedong and flash puppet, like the one from the banner ^^
costinii
Profile Joined December 2012
Portugal59 Posts
December 07 2012 14:59 GMT
#330
Portugal

Main Team
3 (Z)Crazy-Hydra
1 (Z)JuNi
2 (T)Mind
12 (P)Rain (captain)
6 (P)Stork
3 (T)ThorZain
3 [tlpd#teams##sc2-korean]KT Rolster[/tlpd]

Anti Team
9 (T)Bogus
2 (Z)Dream.t)check
2 (Z)Ryul2

I am not very confident with this choice since I haven't seen many players performing on SC2.

I do think Rain is a solid choice for a Captain because of his last performance. Amazing!

Regarding Crazy-Hydra, he has been performing well in SC2, Mind is usually strong in TvT and Stork needs no explaination. Juni... I think he might be a suprise, lets see.

My personal bet will be Thorzain. It would be great to see him perform well.

I am sorry TLEG but I think KT might take this.

Anti-Team... I believe many of us strongly believe Rain might take it... I also do believe this and if not, Bogus will make me regret this!

My opinion on Team 8 is that they won't give any struggle and unfortunely the team will be completely runned over!

(Would be good for the show if I was wrong. Let's wait and see.)

Good Luck to everyone! Let the games begin!!!
worker man rings boss “me no work I sick” boss says “when im sick I f*ck my wife try that” 2 hours later worker man rings back “me better, you got nice house"
kugel
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany116 Posts
December 07 2012 15:04 GMT
#331
i cant find words to make it sound uinique but honestly this totaly kicks ass, thanks soooo much :D makes proleauge even moa better then without fantasy league :D
balup
Profile Joined December 2012
Korea (South)1 Post
December 07 2012 15:04 GMT
#332
English is difficult ㅠㅠ
ILZ
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 07 2012 15:06 GMT
#333
On December 07 2012 23:50 Nukm_ wrote:
quick question from someone who is entering this the first time. whats the best general way to balance your picks between upcoming week/the announced matchups and the general feeling you have for players potential. it seems to me that if you trade just one player per week, you will have a much weaker team at the end of the season


In my opinion you shouldn't put much weight on the lineups of the first week, although they can give you a good idea who is going to be playing a lot for a certain team during the round. Trading a lot is probably a poor idea, there's a point tax for trading players and you can only trade down in quality.
TTOMZ
Profile Joined August 2009
United Kingdom156 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-07 15:32:55
December 07 2012 15:15 GMT
#334
Should do for now

TTOMZ

Main Team
3 (Z)Calm
1 (P)Comet
6 (T)Fantasy (captain)
2 (Z)IdrA
8 (Z)Jaedong
7 (Z)Stephano
3 [tlpd#teams##sc2-korean]KT Rolster[/tlpd]

Anti Team
4 (P)Bisu
5 (P)Jaehoon
4 (P)JYP

Not sure why i am being forced to add why i picked my team, apparently this isn't for fun anymore.

Zerg because they're doing really well lately and i don't see why that trend would stop, Fantasy as my captain because i believe in what he said and expect nothing but good results from this point on

Anti team, well they wont do well, why else would i pick them
9 pool you say?
WombaT
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Northern Ireland27448 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-08 01:44:16
December 07 2012 15:19 GMT
#335
Wombat's Wonders

Main Team
1 (Z)Alone
4 (P)Bisu
9 (T)Bogus (captain)
3 (Z)Crazy-Hydra
4 (P)JYP
3 (T)Puma
6 UNHOLY ALLIANCE

Anti Team
4 (T)Light
4 (P)Mini
5 (T)Reality

Ok so, some vague rationales. I think TL-EG is the strongest team going in here for a start. They also have a hell of a lot of extra motivation for this beyond the proleague guys. Most of their foreigners and Koreans are familiar with Proleague but never got to test their mettle, a la Idra, HerO and their lineup. Jaedong imo will be motivated for the SC2 game far more by being on a foreign team, it's a new challenge that might pump him up. Stephano may not give a shit about being called a dodger for not playing GSL for all I know, but at least Proleague gives him a chance to shut up his critics if he does. Huk has to regain his reputation as a foreigner who can regularly hang with Koreans, and he definitely cares about testing himself in that environment. Even the Korean manager/coach that EG hired has motivation to help, because it's his job. Basically everyone in this team has a motivation to give 100% for more reasons than many of the Kespa teams. EG's investment in the house, manager and Jaedong will probably (hopefully) help as well.

Main Team:
Bogus Was going to pick Rain as my captain as he's imo the best Kespa player. But then I saw he was against Bogus this week and well.... Bogus man. Also Bogus reminds me of Bomber in terms of just being really clean and having great mechanical ability, and Bomber beat Rain pretty handily at MLG. Bogus is also a bit cheaper than Rain

Bisu. I think is still overinflated based on his SC2 showing so far, but he's also Bisu so relative to say, Flash I think he's undervalued. That's assuming Bisu has the motivation to get good at SC2. He's on the same team as Rain and has Boxer as a coach so he has the capacity to be taught good SC2 Protoss even if he couldn't learn it himself.

JYP Incredibly underpriced compared to the Liquid Koreans. I also feel that the established SC2 pros have some more all-round chops in terms of employing a variety of styles just in general. The preparation format of the GSL and other tournaments the Kespa guys have popped into allows them to prep specific builds very well vs specific opponents, but in terms of versatility I think JYP has it in abundance. He's shown good chops so far this season including in the GSTL with SlayersEG. Also shown some good mentality in said teamleague and has very good vZ, solid vP and his vT is not the liability it once was.

Puma, god knows what kind of shape he's in but if he hits his peak form he's pretty undervalued imo. Another kind of risky pick from the heart rather than my head a la Bisu.

Crazy-Hydra plays quite crazily, sometimes sloppily but he's a good wildcard imo based on that very inconsistency.


Anti-Team
No real logic here other than the points limit. I do think Reality is still a bit overvalued based on his early form and he's a bit below that level, but we'll see.

I know nothing really about Alone but needed somebody. Mini looked really good when he was a 'shitkid' but pretty bad subsequently, plus he turfed out a foreigner from GSL! I don't hate the guy at all, but hey I need somebody I'd be rooting against for my anti-team anyway so he's as good a choice as anyone.

Would love some crit on my picks, whether I'm an idiot or a genius etc etc
'You'll always be the cuddly marsupial of my heart, despite the inherent flaws of your ancestry' - Squat
TL+ Member
Theteamwebb
Profile Joined December 2012
United States13 Posts
December 07 2012 15:21 GMT
#336
On December 07 2012 08:30 motbob wrote:
4 Zergs on team, 3 Terrans on anti-team. Can't lose.


Best thing I have read on helping with the decision making! Thanks motbob!
TTOMZ
Profile Joined August 2009
United Kingdom156 Posts
December 07 2012 15:24 GMT
#337
On December 08 2012 00:21 Theteamwebb wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2012 08:30 motbob wrote:
4 Zergs on team, 3 Terrans on anti-team. Can't lose.


Best thing I have read on helping with the decision making! Thanks motbob!


I wouldn't doubt Korean Terrans that much
9 pool you say?
GoonFFS
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark323 Posts
December 07 2012 15:49 GMT
#338
TeamYAO

Main Team
1 (P)BisAnG
10 (T)Flash (captain)
3 (P)free
7 (P)HerO
2 (Z)HoeJJa
2 (Z)IdrA
5 [tlpd#teams##sc2-korean]SK Telecom T1[/tlpd]

Anti Team
5 (P)Jaehoon
4 (P)JYP
5 (P)Stats



ez
http://konvictgaming.com/ -> @KrugerFFS
yakitate304
Profile Joined April 2009
United States655 Posts
December 07 2012 15:53 GMT
#339
Yaki Bombs

Main Team
6 (P)Best
6 (P)Flying
5 (T)Last
2 (Z)Ryul2
2 (T)Sea
6 (Z)soO (captain)
3 [tlpd#teams##sc2-korean]STX Soul[/tlpd]

Anti Team
5 (P)JangBi
4 (P)JYP
4 (Z)Shine

In stock market style fantasy leagues I always try to take a balanced team rather than relying on one with a big star and then a bunch of filler. So to my dismay, no Flash or Rain.

I took soO as captain due to his strong performances in the events against non-Kespa players, particularly the MvP tournament where I thought he was very impressive. Some more recent games have also made me a fan. Since we can't trade the captain I wanted someone who I was confident in to get results and perform under pressure. I also went into this with the intention of having a Zerg as captain, since they are slightly favorable at the moment, and the big changes aren't coming until HotS. I think his stock should rise very quickly.

Flying: Took first seed in a group of him, Rain, Bogus (Innovation), and Soulkey back in July, then took first again in a group with MVP, Parting and BaBy, only losing to MVP. Very impressive stuff. Ended up losing to MC in the first round but there's no shame in going down vs. the BossToss in a PvP. At 6 points, I think he's a potential steal.

Best: Probably my least confident pick. 6 points is a big investment for a player who went 0-3 in his OSL group but I think he's going to do well in the long run. I'll be keeping close watch though.

Last: Impressed in the Dual Tournament phase of OSL, then managed to beat Nestea and Fantasy while losing to Oz to take 2nd in his group. Took 4th after a 4-3 loss to Rain.

Sea: Mainly a fanboy Terran foreign team pick because I needed a cheap player. I think he'll get a lot of playing time from EG-TL so even if he doesn't post results, he should at least give me some appearance points.

Ryul2: I wanted another Zerg.

-----

I don't think JangBi has been that impressive so far. JYP hasn't made much noise in the scene lately, and I don't know much about Shine but I took him here anyways.
Yaki's Streaming Madness: twitch.tv/YakiSC ||| FRB Grand Tournament Organizer ||| @YakiStarCraft ||| Youtube.com/YakiStarCraft
bjornkavist
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Canada1235 Posts
December 07 2012 16:03 GMT
#340
I think Jaehoon is going to be the new RorO, 75% of the teams I've looked at have him on their anti team!
https://soundcloud.com/bbols
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 95 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft744
PiGStarcraft258
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 385
Stork 206
ggaemo 142
Leta 121
PianO 61
Hyuk 32
Bale 16
yabsab 15
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm231
League of Legends
JimRising 697
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox553
Mew2King84
Westballz46
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor649
Other Games
summit1g8851
Coldzera 830
C9.Mang0251
Sick126
RuFF_SC2113
ViBE80
ArmadaUGS37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream126
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• Letter1410
• Adnapsc2 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2196
League of Legends
• Lourlo1301
• Stunt398
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 39m
Online Event
5h 39m
FEL
10h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.