• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:40
CEST 22:40
KST 05:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7979 users

Preview of patch 1.5 - Page 38

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 Next All
Blasterion
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
China10272 Posts
April 05 2012 20:24 GMT
#741
On April 06 2012 05:18 Lorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 06 2012 02:35 Naeroon wrote:
On April 06 2012 02:26 HornyHerring wrote:
Here's hoping bunkers will be nerfed. :/

Anyway, the update seems like a step towards the right direction.


You are absolutely right, Protoss all-ins SHOULD be even more brain-dead simple than they already are, I mean really now, F+Shift+Click to block bunker repairs is just a *bit* too much to handle for most lower-league tosses who already have to deal with a-moving their army into a terrans base to win.

User was warned for this post


Only terran would be retarded enough to shift click forcefields in a game where you can hold down the hotkey, nice job son.

Sorry, but We courageous terrans don't do that, We just hold down the hotkey like the rest of you. Please don't confuse us with Terrans. We are courageous Terrans.
[TLNY]Mahjong Club Thread
Probasaur
Profile Joined August 2011
United States461 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 20:49:46
April 05 2012 20:47 GMT
#742
Did you 3 guys all fail at reading comprehension in grade school??

I never said they should rush it out, I said that its not like they are building a game engine from scratch... in reference to the way they go about making their announcements. If it was a new game then I'd understand showing the first bits of the game engine. I just hate the fact that they recognize certain things in the current Starcraft 2 balance that need fixing, most notably muta-ling being near impossible to play a fun dynamic game where you're not just trapped in your base the whole time as protoss. We don't have a thor, so when they showed me the Tempest I obviously thought.... well shit we need that right now, and if we can't have it then you need to adjust something in the game to balance it for the same reason you're adding the tempest.

(dont even try to say phoenix range, I'll just refer you to Hero's games he lost even while using that. Zerg gets SO far ahead when you go that route as a means of holding it off mid game, its a viable late game play yes absolutely... but zerg gets so far ahead mid game if you try that and then you're being walked over by roaches after a minute)

but this wasn't meant about balance...


So what I was saying was (this is where your reading comprehension should come into play I shouldn't need to spell it out for you) was that announcing something like new units and such, that is going to seriously change the game, isn't a cool move so much time before they actually plan on releasing the expansion. All it does is distract from the amazing game we have now. And I hate that they're going to make this big announcement at their convention just for the obvious press and draw more attention to their other games from our scene and then after that's all over not even throw us a fucking bone and keep us updated on it.

I know I'm sounding like I'm wanting two different things but what I mean is that they should either keep it under wraps for a while before they're ready to start the Beta and just do like a teaser trailer at blizzcon and all that. Or do what they did and keep us posted. In every one of the last updates EXACTLY like this one... they say the exact same things at the bottom. "HOTS update will be in the next one" So where is it then? Like I said either talk about it or don't. Don't do this halfway there nonsense give me a hard one then don't finish the job.

Don't announce an expansion if you don't plan on releasing it for another year and a half. Thats just ridiculous. Let us enjoy our scene with the game you just released not long ago without filling the scene with uncertainty for years before you put the expansion out.

Is what I said.... not "RUSH THE GAME OUT HURRRR" I can't stand the internet sometimes. I can't have a bloody opinion without you tools coming along and completely misconstruing what I say. Or the quite literal tools who will defend blizz to the end of time and never even be able to see them do wrong let alone talk about it. Blizz is great I love their games but they're not infallible, yeah?
"He who makes a beast of himself.... gets rid of the pain of being a man" -Hunter S Thompson.
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
April 05 2012 22:04 GMT
#743
aww yeah- In terms of balance i hope they fix the snipe ability- it has been nerfed to the point where it is useless in tvz...
Long live the Boss Toss!
Kazeyonoma
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2912 Posts
April 05 2012 22:55 GMT
#744
On April 06 2012 07:04 mrRoflpwn wrote:
aww yeah- In terms of balance i hope they fix the snipe ability- it has been nerfed to the point where it is useless in tvz...

and in tvt
and only useful for 1 unit in tvp
I now have autographs of both BoxeR and NaDa. I can die happy. Lim Yo Hwan and Lee Yun Yeol FIGHTING forever!
emc
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-05 23:30:45
April 05 2012 23:28 GMT
#745
On April 06 2012 05:47 Probasaur wrote:
Don't announce an expansion if you don't plan on releasing it for another year and a half. Thats just ridiculous. Let us enjoy our scene with the game you just released not long ago without filling the scene with uncertainty for years before you put the expansion out.

Is what I said.... not "RUSH THE GAME OUT HURRRR" I can't stand the internet sometimes. I can't have a bloody opinion without you tools coming along and completely misconstruing what I say. Or the quite literal tools who will defend blizz to the end of time and never even be able to see them do wrong let alone talk about it. Blizz is great I love their games but they're not infallible, yeah?


your trippin son, we all knew hots was going to bring in new units, we knew since day 1 of WoL's announcement when they said SC2 was going to be a trilogy. just because we saw a glimpse of the new units (which aren't even permanent, they can be changed any time before beta) means you have to go apeshit on blizzard because you don't have those units in WoL? entitlement much?

truth is, blizzard doesn't even know themselves when HotS will be released, that's how they've always been. Hum, maybe they should've never announced SC2 in the year 200X when BW was still active and maybe you bitched how BW should have the SC2 units? They HAD to announce HotS at blizzcon, there was nothing else to be announced besides the WoW expansion.
Ballistixz
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1269 Posts
April 06 2012 00:49 GMT
#746
Don't announce an expansion if you don't plan on releasing it for another year and a half. Thats just ridiculous. Let us enjoy our scene with the game you just released not long ago without filling the scene with uncertainty for years before you put the expansion out


ummm? you do realize that HoTs and LoTV were both annoucned even BEFORE WoL beta right? the expansion announced years ago.... its not new knowledge.

the only thing new that we learned about the expansions is what new units will be in it, which, btw, can easily change just like it did pre WoL beta.
sorrowptoss
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
Canada1431 Posts
April 06 2012 01:05 GMT
#747
I have a question, when will MOTV (3rd SC2 expansion) be released and will that mark the end of major SC2 patches?
Tazerenix
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia340 Posts
April 06 2012 01:12 GMT
#748
On April 06 2012 10:05 sorrowptoss wrote:
I have a question, when will MOTV (3rd SC2 expansion) be released and will that mark the end of major SC2 patches?

Its LotV (Legacy of the void) and it won't be out for years yet.
Shankapotamus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States428 Posts
April 06 2012 01:16 GMT
#749
pseudo LAN? YESSS!!!
Aocowns
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Norway6070 Posts
April 06 2012 01:25 GMT
#750
Yaaaaaaayyyyy :D :D :D
I'm a salt-lord and hater of mech and ForGG, don't take me seriously, it's just my salt-humour speaking i swear. |KadaverBB best TL gaoler| |~IdrA's #1 fan~| SetGuitarsToKill and Duckk are my martyr heroes |
UndoneJin
Profile Joined February 2011
United States438 Posts
April 06 2012 01:39 GMT
#751
Bout. Danm. Time.

Nuff said.
I've been lost since the day I was born ----- You're gonna carry that weight
Northern_iight
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada363 Posts
April 06 2012 01:40 GMT
#752
On April 06 2012 10:05 sorrowptoss wrote:
I have a question, when will MOTV (3rd SC2 expansion) be released and will that mark the end of major SC2 patches?


it will take a couple patches after LotV before the game is completely balanced. I think they stopped doing game balancing in patches for BW around 1 year and a half after they released it.
after that most patches were bug fixing and improving the battle.net
birchman
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Sweden393 Posts
April 06 2012 01:41 GMT
#753
Sounds like some awesome stuff is coming!
Oh, the usual. I bowl. Drive around. The occasional acid flashback.
KING CHARLIE :D
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
United States447 Posts
April 06 2012 01:50 GMT
#754
Wow this patch looks like it's going to be a MAJOR change for sc2...i can't wait to see what blizzard has cooked up this time! looking forward to MANY HOURS of play! =D
NO TEAM WILL EVER BE AS GOOD AS TEAM LIQUID!
LittleRagey
Profile Joined August 2011
United States24 Posts
April 06 2012 04:08 GMT
#755
Ahh. Sounds good blizz. The interface issues that will be fixed are good, but I'm really excited for the social change of the game. Looking forward to it.
sc14s
Profile Joined March 2011
United States5052 Posts
April 06 2012 04:15 GMT
#756
On April 06 2012 05:47 Probasaur wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

Did you 3 guys all fail at reading comprehension in grade school??

I never said they should rush it out, I said that its not like they are building a game engine from scratch... in reference to the way they go about making their announcements. If it was a new game then I'd understand showing the first bits of the game engine. I just hate the fact that they recognize certain things in the current Starcraft 2 balance that need fixing, most notably muta-ling being near impossible to play a fun dynamic game where you're not just trapped in your base the whole time as protoss. We don't have a thor, so when they showed me the Tempest I obviously thought.... well shit we need that right now, and if we can't have it then you need to adjust something in the game to balance it for the same reason you're adding the tempest.

(dont even try to say phoenix range, I'll just refer you to Hero's games he lost even while using that. Zerg gets SO far ahead when you go that route as a means of holding it off mid game, its a viable late game play yes absolutely... but zerg gets so far ahead mid game if you try that and then you're being walked over by roaches after a minute)

but this wasn't meant about balance...


So what I was saying was (this is where your reading comprehension should come into play I shouldn't need to spell it out for you) was that announcing something like new units and such, that is going to seriously change the game, isn't a cool move so much time before they actually plan on releasing the expansion. All it does is distract from the amazing game we have now. And I hate that they're going to make this big announcement at their convention just for the obvious press and draw more attention to their other games from our scene and then after that's all over not even throw us a fucking bone and keep us updated on it.

I know I'm sounding like I'm wanting two different things but what I mean is that they should either keep it under wraps for a while before they're ready to start the Beta and just do like a teaser trailer at blizzcon and all that. Or do what they did and keep us posted. In every one of the last updates EXACTLY like this one... they say the exact same things at the bottom. "HOTS update will be in the next one" So where is it then? Like I said either talk about it or don't. Don't do this halfway there nonsense give me a hard one then don't finish the job.

Don't announce an expansion if you don't plan on releasing it for another year and a half. Thats just ridiculous. Let us enjoy our scene with the game you just released not long ago without filling the scene with uncertainty for years before you put the expansion out.

Is what I said.... not "RUSH THE GAME OUT HURRRR" I can't stand the internet sometimes. I can't have a bloody opinion without you tools coming along and completely misconstruing what I say. Or the quite literal tools who will defend blizz to the end of time and never even be able to see them do wrong let alone talk about it. Blizz is great I love their games but they're not infallible, yeah?


uhhh have you ever looked at how long it always takes blizz? (GO LOOK AT DIABLO TIMELINE PLEASE- as an indicator i saw blizzard hiring people for d3 in 2006)
latan
Profile Joined July 2010
740 Posts
April 06 2012 04:25 GMT
#757
I hope they do some optimization as well cus my cpu has been crashing lately.
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
April 06 2012 04:29 GMT
#758
...holy....holy fuck. Blizzard listened.
Liquid | SKT
emc
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3088 Posts
April 06 2012 04:37 GMT
#759
On April 06 2012 13:25 latan wrote:
I hope they do some optimization as well cus my cpu has been crashing lately.


you should probably upgrade your computer if your cpu can't handle sc2, that's a major problem.
EienShinwa
Profile Joined May 2010
United States655 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-06 04:47:42
April 06 2012 04:46 GMT
#760
This is fucking great.... only took about.. what? Fucking 9 months. Wake the fuck up Blizzard! Listen more to your fans!
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. Alice Roosevelt Longworth
Prev 1 36 37 38 39 40 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 13h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 229
JuggernautJason105
Nina 11
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 593
White-Ra 168
firebathero 81
910 41
Trap 25
NaDa 15
Counter-Strike
Fnx 761
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0194
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby9347
Liquid`Hasu1782
crisheroes1703
Trikslyr90
Other Games
summit1g5990
Liquid`RaSZi5684
Beastyqt919
shahzam468
B2W.Neo277
Pyrionflax145
KnowMe126
ArmadaUGS118
ZombieGrub80
IndyStarCraft 79
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream385
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 41
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• Eskiya23 12
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV396
League of Legends
• TFBlade817
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur306
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 20m
Afreeca Starleague
13h 20m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 3h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.