• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:09
CEST 09:09
KST 16:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War605.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8128 users

Orb Dismissed from Evil Geniuses Broadcasts - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
3626 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 180 181 182 Next
Alex is verbose, and you owe it to yourself (and the rest of us) to read the statement in its entirety. Remember, when making comments/claims to provide proper evidence, facts etc. Arguments based on incorrect assumptions, facts and straw men, will be dealt with swiftly. If in doubt, PM a mod or ask IRC. Do NOT spread misinformation, when in doubt, check your sources.

In short, be smart.

Alex comments on Idra:


Orbs Statement: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=319038

Personal attacks against other posters in this thread will be met with a ban -- 14:20 KST
FinestHour
Profile Joined August 2010
United States18466 Posts
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#21
Good response, professionalism is needed even for sc2 and we need to set standards.
thug life.                                                       MVP/ex-
yawnoC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3704 Posts
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#22
Thanks for the post.
I find it kind of crazy that people contacted EGs sponsors though. That honestly blows my mind o_O
GG - UNiVeRsE is the best player in the WORLD
Pufftrees
Profile Joined March 2009
2449 Posts
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#23
It's only such a powerful word because we empower it with actions like these... can't believe the community went wild like it did -_-

Thank you for the news.
Chance favors the prepared mind.
Redox
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany24794 Posts
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#24
Just sad what is going on in this community.
I bet some smug douchebags are happy now that they were able to do damage to EG by complaining to their sponsors.
Off-season = best season
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#25
this is what companies do: if they find shit they don't like about you they get rid of you.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
Rorschach
Profile Joined May 2010
United States623 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 04:07:19
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#26
I can't believe EG caved to the vocal few in regards to this decision.
Extremely hypocritical to see their star player calling other players a faggot in broadcasted matches and they just let is slide.
Personally I will be contacting EG's sponsors to notify them I do not support them because of how they handled this situation.....
En Taro Adun, Executor!
Champloo
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany1850 Posts
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#27
GJ reddit, you successfully destroyed the casting career of someone who raged in a ladder game.
PowerDes
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States520 Posts
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#28
What a joke. Let this be a warning guys, be on your bestest behavior when playing ladder games or the internet will destroy your reputation.
twitch.tv/PowerDes
delo
Profile Joined August 2010
United States333 Posts
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#29
Well-written post. I hope Orb learns from this and that in time the community will forgive him.
Pokebunny
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
United States10654 Posts
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#30
Very good post though
Semipro Terran player | Pokebunny#1710 | twitter.com/Pokebunny | twitch.tv/Pokebunny | facebook.com/PokebunnySC
hadhubhi
Profile Joined August 2010
30 Posts
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#31
Absolutely brilliant response.
Sympatico
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada202 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-09 03:53:23
March 09 2012 03:51 GMT
#32
A lot of people have been saying that Orb should be dismissed or somehow punished for the growth of eSports. While I agree that is certainly an issue - a far larger issue in my opinion is the foundation of who we are as people, and as a community.

Language is powerful, VERY powerful. It has the ability to change the world, and it has on many occassions. A chair is a chair, you cannot call a lamp a chair - because it is a lamp. Nor can you call someone a Nigger, or Faggot - and have it mean anything else but derogatory slurs and hate speech towards another human being.

Thank you Alexander, I think you made a damn good call - I don't believe those who have the spotlight should be allowed to represent us as gamers, or human beings in this manner. Those who have the spotlight have a kind of power - and, at the risk of sounding cliche...it DOES come with responsibility. Those in the spotlight must be criticized harder than the rest of us. I don't think one raging outburst would warrant such harsh action, and while I was fine at the community's outburst - simply because we *SHOULD* be outraged at this kind of language, I didn't think he should have his career too negatively effected by it. Upon seeing picture after picture, and then finally an image from his actual stream...yea, I was pretty pissed about this. I don't want that representing me, or a community I call home.

I hope Orb learns from this, and learns the power of language and actions. I enjoy his casting, but to truly learn a lesson - sometimes it has nail us where it hurts.

I wish the best to Orb in the future, and as always remain a huge fan of EG and it's responsible business practices!
Yosho
Profile Joined June 2010
585 Posts
March 09 2012 03:52 GMT
#33
I was happy with these results ^^ no such things belong in our beloved community.
For master league random race videos and replays go to www.youtube.com/sc2yosho
onedayclose
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1145 Posts
March 09 2012 03:52 GMT
#34
Thank you Alex for setting everything straight and not letting this situation destroy EG.
Arisen
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States2382 Posts
March 09 2012 03:52 GMT
#35
Most political post I've ever read.

I don't think he deserved it, but got to please the sponsers, I guess.
"If you're not angry, you're not paying attention"
BoxedLunch
Profile Joined January 2011
United States387 Posts
March 09 2012 03:52 GMT
#36
unsurprising news is unsurprising

User was temp banned for this post.
In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they are not
Gryffes
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United Kingdom763 Posts
March 09 2012 03:52 GMT
#37
On March 09 2012 12:42 ottersareneat wrote:
...Now, I just wish you guys would also get this upset when people use the word f----t, so that we could start fighting homophobia, too, and show people that it, like racism, also doesn't belong in our community .
.



Uh you might wanna tell some of your players that
www.youtube.com/gryffes - Random Gaming Videos.
lolstarz
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada65 Posts
March 09 2012 03:52 GMT
#38
I am disappointed. I understand where you're coming from, but think this is a major overreaction that may, perhaps, be unavoidable when you are held accountable to a community which is prone to herd-mentality (as is any internet community, in my experience). That said, I'm left unsure whether your reasoning for dismissing Jake is your accountability to the community, or your own personal experience/beliefs/study on the use of n----. If the former, I find it understandable, but you would lose some of my respect. If the latter, I would think it was wrong, but could respect that you did as you personally believed was right. Of course, you likely made the decision for a combination of both reasons, but I'm not sure how I feel about the process.

I wish it hadn't come to this for orb, since I liked his commentary and believe he was more representative of the larger SC2 community than most casters, which makes him very easy to get attached to. Just wanted to voice my belief that this was a serious overreaction.
pwnopotamus
Profile Joined July 2011
United States70 Posts
March 09 2012 03:52 GMT
#39
Very nicely written post. I especially appreciate the disclaimer to start things off. Well done, sir.
battyone
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States180 Posts
March 09 2012 03:52 GMT
#40
On March 09 2012 12:51 yawnoC wrote:
Thanks for the post.
I find it kind of crazy that people contacted EGs sponsors though. That honestly blows my mind o_O


Yeah it feels a lot like people were leveraging the sponsors to influence EGs decision. I am not a fan of moves like that, it's a real scumbag thing in my opinion. I am not defending Orb but I somehow feel that if sponsors/money was not involved in this decision we'd see more leniency for what he did while on his own time.
Let's Go Mets!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 180 181 182 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4853
Leta 1852
Shuttle 1725
BeSt 394
Soma 123
Soulkey 63
ZergMaN 57
sorry 43
Shine 33
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm195
League of Legends
JimRising 609
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King50
Other Games
summit1g8211
WinterStarcraft668
Sick210
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Sammyuel 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2273
League of Legends
• Rush1157
• Lourlo1116
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 51m
Patches Events
7h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
11h 51m
OSC
15h 51m
OSC
1d 4h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.