• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:04
CEST 20:04
KST 03:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War285.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8779 users

New EG player? - Page 117

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 115 116 117 118 119 157 Next
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
December 30 2011 13:51 GMT
#2321
On December 30 2011 22:47 S_SienZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:46 Kontys wrote:
Re-evaluating my own odds.

It can't be Polt (thought so due to the picture, circumstantial evidence has caused me to devalue this possibility). The picture was so Polt though.

So I'm now at 50% EGMoon (the fifth race, liberty, spirit.moon), 50% someone else. Difficult to say. Hoping for a foreigner, but if it's Moon, I'm okay with it. If it's some random Korean talent, I'm kinda sad.

On a sidenote: Does anyone know of any Korean players who are actually called Moon? I know it is a name in Korean.


There kinda is, but it's spelt Mun not Moon. Don't think they have double-"o"s sound.

Mun Seong Won = SlayerSMMA

They don't have a separate double o sound. 'oo' and 'u' are used interchangably. There isn't a real proper way of romanizing names. If you look at MMA's TLPD you would see his name is spelled Moon Sung Won. (pronounced just like how you would pronounce it if you were speaking English words)
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
Vildhjarta
Profile Joined September 2011
Sweden126 Posts
December 30 2011 13:52 GMT
#2322
warning my personal opinion, not stating facts:
+ Show Spoiler +
sorta hoping it's grubby. Warcraft 3 still got more depth as a game. More things you can be ahead and behind in items, hero levels, bases, army, upgrades so on so fourth. More things to consider and given time he can become one of the very best in starcraft 2. With that said I can't help myself from believing that blizzard would be crazy to pass up on making warcraft 4 after diablo 3 and the whole sc2 trio. Sure it might take a while but I'm hoping that grubby, moon, ToD and all my old favs go back to wc at that point. So I'm sorta hoping he's not getting too invested. Then again we're talking years here so he might aswell. nvm.
No man has ever been entirely and completely himself. Yet each one strives to become that, one in an awkward, the other in a more intelligent way, each as best he can. - Hermann Hesse, Demian
Cereb
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark3388 Posts
December 30 2011 13:58 GMT
#2323
On December 30 2011 22:45 pStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:39 tztztz wrote:
the graphic is obviously just a template, it has nothing to do with the look of the new player


What this guy said.

Its just a random silhouette that they have made. Not an actual player silhouette, I thought that was pretty obvious.



So after 116 pages of people guessing which player it is based on the look of the silhouette you thought it was pretty obvious that it's not based on the silhouette?

Great job there Captain Obvious!
"Until the very very top in almost anything, all that matters is how much work you put in. The only problem is most people can't work hard even at things they do enjoy, much less things they don't have a real passion for. -Greg "IdrA" Fields
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 13:59:49
December 30 2011 13:59 GMT
#2324
On December 30 2011 22:38 XRaDiiX wrote:
It's going to be funny if it turns out to none of the things we guessed

Hardly. Normally in one of these topics, there're always some"insiders" or "internet detective" which will get the right answer right or lead people into mood to add the hype.

Infernux
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Norway84 Posts
December 30 2011 14:00 GMT
#2325
How long are they actually gonna delay this? I'm starving for more drama, come on EG, stop taking so long!
I <3 myself.
Ingebrigtsen
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Norway343 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 14:00:47
December 30 2011 14:00 GMT
#2326
On December 30 2011 22:52 Vildhjarta wrote:
warning my personal opinion, not stating facts:
+ Show Spoiler +
sorta hoping it's grubby. Warcraft 3 still got more depth as a game. More things you can be ahead and behind in items, hero levels, bases, army, upgrades so on so fourth. More things to consider and given time he can become one of the very best in starcraft 2. With that said I can't help myself from believing that blizzard would be crazy to pass up on making warcraft 4 after diablo 3 and the whole sc2 trio. Sure it might take a while but I'm hoping that grubby, moon, ToD and all my old favs go back to wc at that point. So I'm sorta hoping he's not getting too invested. Then again we're talking years here so he might aswell. nvm.


ToD said he would never play WC again, and I disagree that WC3 had more depth. I think it was Axslav that said "you just kinda make your units and move them around and micro abit"
"These animals should be rewarded for not being people... I hate people"
rotegirte
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany2859 Posts
December 30 2011 14:03 GMT
#2327
On December 30 2011 23:00 Ingebrigtsen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:52 Vildhjarta wrote:
warning my personal opinion, not stating facts:
+ Show Spoiler +
sorta hoping it's grubby. Warcraft 3 still got more depth as a game. More things you can be ahead and behind in items, hero levels, bases, army, upgrades so on so fourth. More things to consider and given time he can become one of the very best in starcraft 2. With that said I can't help myself from believing that blizzard would be crazy to pass up on making warcraft 4 after diablo 3 and the whole sc2 trio. Sure it might take a while but I'm hoping that grubby, moon, ToD and all my old favs go back to wc at that point. So I'm sorta hoping he's not getting too invested. Then again we're talking years here so he might aswell. nvm.


ToD said he would never play WC again, and I disagree that WC3 had more depth. I think it was Axslav that said "you just kinda make your units and move them around and micro abit"


Of course. You make buildings that make units. Let's not go further shall we?
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
December 30 2011 14:04 GMT
#2328
Of course!
It's a Grubby silhouette from the good ol'days.
Why?

Because Grubby just came back home from holidays in EGYPT!

Now let's add a "." EG.YPT
Now let's take a way a "T" EG.YP
And finally add a "J" and we get:

EG.JYP


obviously... :p
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
Mortecian
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada87 Posts
December 30 2011 14:05 GMT
#2329
EG.Sen? :o
Kleinmuuhg
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Vanuatu4091 Posts
December 30 2011 14:14 GMT
#2330
Its going to be Thorzain. Think about it ^.^
This is our town, scrub
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
December 30 2011 14:15 GMT
#2331
On December 30 2011 23:14 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
Its going to be Thorzain. Think about it ^.^


Why?
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
ChatimentZ
Profile Joined December 2010
Belgium227 Posts
December 30 2011 14:17 GMT
#2332
This shadow looks like Naruto actually
sup son
Cinim
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark866 Posts
December 30 2011 14:21 GMT
#2333
On December 30 2011 22:36 L3g3nd_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:30 S_SienZ wrote:
On December 30 2011 22:27 Meega wrote:
Hasnt Grubby just left EG a few months ago?
Or am I malinformed in this point?

I hope its some kind of BW bonjwa :D
we'll see


Well seeing as the past few have all already converted with the exception of sAviOr who's banned, iloveoov who's retired and Flash who's still active, it's unlikely. For a bonjwa to switch anyway.

well ,2 out of 5 have already switched, saviour is banned, and flash is earning too much in BW to switch. that leaves iloveoov


He is already highly engaged in BW, as a coach
Hell, it's about time
implicit
Profile Joined February 2011
United States12 Posts
December 30 2011 14:22 GMT
#2334
It's a hellion that can transform into a battle walker.
Every day the sun sets... I'm in the dark.
Ingebrigtsen
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Norway343 Posts
December 30 2011 14:23 GMT
#2335
On December 30 2011 23:03 rotegirte wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 23:00 Ingebrigtsen wrote:
On December 30 2011 22:52 Vildhjarta wrote:
warning my personal opinion, not stating facts:
+ Show Spoiler +
sorta hoping it's grubby. Warcraft 3 still got more depth as a game. More things you can be ahead and behind in items, hero levels, bases, army, upgrades so on so fourth. More things to consider and given time he can become one of the very best in starcraft 2. With that said I can't help myself from believing that blizzard would be crazy to pass up on making warcraft 4 after diablo 3 and the whole sc2 trio. Sure it might take a while but I'm hoping that grubby, moon, ToD and all my old favs go back to wc at that point. So I'm sorta hoping he's not getting too invested. Then again we're talking years here so he might aswell. nvm.


ToD said he would never play WC again, and I disagree that WC3 had more depth. I think it was Axslav that said "you just kinda make your units and move them around and micro abit"


Of course. You make buildings that make units. Let's not go further shall we?


I'm not even halfway competent enough to make a good argument, I'm just quoting other peoples:/
"These animals should be rewarded for not being people... I hate people"
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51623 Posts
December 30 2011 14:24 GMT
#2336
On December 30 2011 23:21 Cinim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:36 L3g3nd_ wrote:
On December 30 2011 22:30 S_SienZ wrote:
On December 30 2011 22:27 Meega wrote:
Hasnt Grubby just left EG a few months ago?
Or am I malinformed in this point?

I hope its some kind of BW bonjwa :D
we'll see


Well seeing as the past few have all already converted with the exception of sAviOr who's banned, iloveoov who's retired and Flash who's still active, it's unlikely. For a bonjwa to switch anyway.

well ,2 out of 5 have already switched, saviour is banned, and flash is earning too much in BW to switch. that leaves iloveoov


He is already highly engaged in BW, as a coach


hes highly engaged in his military service and anyway I doubt he can play any RTS with is 50 ear old wrists as he claims.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Willba
Profile Joined June 2011
United Kingdom209 Posts
December 30 2011 14:28 GMT
#2337
On December 30 2011 23:15 JOJOsc2news wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 23:14 Kleinmuuhg wrote:
Its going to be Thorzain. Think about it ^.^


Why?


I think its because 'Thor' is a Norse god, therefore he fits the description of 'not from around here'.
RuzaSK
Profile Joined October 2011
Slovakia117 Posts
December 30 2011 14:30 GMT
#2338
I'm not sure why but if it is someone like JYP or Killer I won't be very impressed, they are very good players but I wouldn't hype them up this much because I don't feel like they really big starts, but then again I don't watch much GSL.

Also if it is Grubby I will be so excited since he is the reason why I got into sc2 and e-sports in general and is I guess my idol and role model so the hype is well deserved, but I'm not sure if it is him.
It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Dismay
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1180 Posts
December 30 2011 14:32 GMT
#2339
On December 30 2011 23:30 RuzaSK wrote:
I'm not sure why but if it is someone like JYP or Killer I won't be very impressed, they are very good players but I wouldn't hype them up this much because I don't feel like they really big starts, but then again I don't watch much GSL.

Also if it is Grubby I will be so excited since he is the reason why I got into sc2 and e-sports in general and is I guess my idol and role model so the hype is well deserved, but I'm not sure if it is him.


To be fair, this hype is nearly entirely community driven. A simple splash image and a tweet beforehand? That's nothing for EG.
In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
ihasaKAROT
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Netherlands4730 Posts
December 30 2011 14:33 GMT
#2340
On December 30 2011 23:30 RuzaSK wrote:
I'm not sure why but if it is someone like JYP or Killer I won't be very impressed, they are very good players but I wouldn't hype them up this much because I don't feel like they really big starts, but then again I don't watch much GSL.

Also if it is Grubby I will be so excited since he is the reason why I got into sc2 and e-sports in general and is I guess my idol and role model so the hype is well deserved, but I'm not sure if it is him.


Its EG, its gonna be hyped. It can be Incontrol comming back from a marathonsession at the toilet after a bad xmasdinner and theyd still hype it up.

KCCO!
Prev 1 115 116 117 118 119 157 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 502
ProTech151
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22971
Calm 4023
Mini 307
910 90
Mind 89
Free 55
Trap 37
Aegong 28
soO 22
Sacsri 8
[ Show more ]
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8996
XaKoH 444
Counter-Strike
fl0m5444
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2927
Other Games
singsing1971
FrodaN737
Beastyqt627
B2W.Neo585
mouzStarbuck245
Livibee192
C9.Mang0157
Trikslyr140
RotterdaM116
Khaldor88
KnowMe88
QueenE70
Liquid`Hasu39
BRAT_OK 37
ZombieGrub14
MindelVK6
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 15
• Adnapsc2 13
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 9
• FirePhoenix8
• Michael_bg 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2457
Other Games
• Shiphtur819
• imaqtpie579
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 56m
Big Brain Bouts
15h 56m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
22h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
Patches Events
1d 20h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.