• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:07
CEST 07:07
KST 14:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8430 users

New EG player? - Page 116

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 114 115 116 117 118 157 Next
yosata
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands60 Posts
December 30 2011 13:35 GMT
#2301
On December 30 2011 22:27 Meega wrote:
Hasnt Grubby just left EG a few months ago?
Or am I malinformed in this point?

I hope its some kind of BW bonjwa :D
we'll see


Grubby was on the Warcraft III part of EG, when he switched to SC2 he decided to start a team on his own, so maybe, but I do not really think that will be the case, he can't really manage it on his own and wants to rejoin EG again but now for SC2.

Personally I hope it is someone from BW, and about Grubby... what does him make "not from around here" ?

He has been around and known for quite some time so I don't know if Grubby is all that likely :s
Oftentimes the impossible is only difficult!
L3g3nd_
Profile Joined July 2010
New Zealand10461 Posts
December 30 2011 13:36 GMT
#2302
On December 30 2011 22:30 S_SienZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:27 Meega wrote:
Hasnt Grubby just left EG a few months ago?
Or am I malinformed in this point?

I hope its some kind of BW bonjwa :D
we'll see


Well seeing as the past few have all already converted with the exception of sAviOr who's banned, iloveoov who's retired and Flash who's still active, it's unlikely. For a bonjwa to switch anyway.

well ,2 out of 5 have already switched, saviour is banned, and flash is earning too much in BW to switch. that leaves iloveoov
https://twitter.com/#!/IrisAnother
rotegirte
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany2859 Posts
December 30 2011 13:36 GMT
#2303
On December 30 2011 22:34 Amestir wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:27 Meega wrote:
Hasnt Grubby just left EG a few months ago?
Or am I malinformed in this point?

I hope its some kind of BW bonjwa :D
we'll see


You're right about that. He started on EG but never really did anything there. Anyway the foto looks like Grubby indeed but I really really doubt it's him.


As I recall, he got a 1st and 2nd place finish while under their banner
S_SienZ
Profile Joined September 2011
1878 Posts
December 30 2011 13:37 GMT
#2304
On December 30 2011 22:36 L3g3nd_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:30 S_SienZ wrote:
On December 30 2011 22:27 Meega wrote:
Hasnt Grubby just left EG a few months ago?
Or am I malinformed in this point?

I hope its some kind of BW bonjwa :D
we'll see


Well seeing as the past few have all already converted with the exception of sAviOr who's banned, iloveoov who's retired and Flash who's still active, it's unlikely. For a bonjwa to switch anyway.

well ,2 out of 5 have already switched, saviour is banned, and flash is earning too much in BW to switch. that leaves iloveoov


iirc though he has some wrist issues? Doubt he'll play it professionally again.

Although it would be incredibly kickass if BoxeR got him on board as Terran coach for SlayerS. And you think SlayerS Terrans are crazy now
XRaDiiX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1730 Posts
December 30 2011 13:38 GMT
#2305
It's going to be funny if it turns out to none of the things we guessed
Never GG MKP | IdrA
Ikonn
Profile Joined October 2009
Netherlands1958 Posts
December 30 2011 13:38 GMT
#2306
On December 30 2011 22:36 L3g3nd_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:30 S_SienZ wrote:
On December 30 2011 22:27 Meega wrote:
Hasnt Grubby just left EG a few months ago?
Or am I malinformed in this point?

I hope its some kind of BW bonjwa :D
we'll see


Well seeing as the past few have all already converted with the exception of sAviOr who's banned, iloveoov who's retired and Flash who's still active, it's unlikely. For a bonjwa to switch anyway.

well ,2 out of 5 have already switched, saviour is banned, and flash is earning too much in BW to switch. that leaves iloveoov


Oov is in the army and has recently said that he won't be playing games professionally anymore because of his wrist
obsKura
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland1061 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 13:39:50
December 30 2011 13:39 GMT
#2307
On December 30 2011 22:20 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 21:29 eoLithic wrote:
On December 30 2011 21:14 nam nam wrote:
After having reviewed all the fact I have concluded it being Jyp. You can find pics with a little imagination could transform into the hype image. With all respect to grubby I do think they'd aim to get someone of higher skill level.


hm. Grubby has probably won more tournaments than any other gamer in a major game, apart from a few maybe, he has steadily improved since he began playing and will keep improving when others don`t, trust me.

Don`t underestimate Grubby.

Honestly I think Grubby is really good - he manages some engagements better than pretty much anyone I've seen... He's not top of the line in all aspects yet, but he's a super smart person and its just a matter of time.

(this is even a like, 2-3 months outdated impression)


^ So much this. Thanks for pointing this out, Jon (btw your mod-ette here <3). Grubby is incredibly smart, his game sense is getting better and better each month and his micro is impressive (which is not really surprising thanks to his WC3 hero background).

He just got back from his holidays in Egypt and is probably well rested. I'm really looking forward to HSC IV next week and how Grubby will be doing in the tourney.

To add something to the topic: I'm part of Grubby's staff on his website/stream and follow a lot what he's writing and talking. He is really proud of the brand he is establishing with Team Grubby and has great plans for the future (possibly start to add players to the roster, ...) - I really doubt that he is going to rejoin EG. Afaik one of the reasons why he left EG was his dream to build his own team and brand and this seems to run quite well.
C9 ~^v^~ In EE-sama we trust. ~^v^~ C9
AndAgain
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2621 Posts
December 30 2011 13:39 GMT
#2308
You gotta factor in the level of hype that's being generated by EG to determine who's the player. If it were Savior or something insane like that, it would've been pre-pre-pre-pre announced by Geoff many months ago. Someone like Grubby would probably also warrant more hype.

So my conclusion is that it's EGJYP aka Egypt.

All your teeth should fall out and hair should grow in their place!
Adr4melecH
Profile Joined March 2010
Thailand667 Posts
December 30 2011 13:39 GMT
#2309
On December 30 2011 22:36 L3g3nd_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:30 S_SienZ wrote:
On December 30 2011 22:27 Meega wrote:
Hasnt Grubby just left EG a few months ago?
Or am I malinformed in this point?

I hope its some kind of BW bonjwa :D
we'll see


Well seeing as the past few have all already converted with the exception of sAviOr who's banned, iloveoov who's retired and Flash who's still active, it's unlikely. For a bonjwa to switch anyway.

well ,2 out of 5 have already switched, saviour is banned, and flash is earning too much in BW to switch. that leaves iloveoov

Oov wont be playing
+ Show Spoiler +

@sjh2788: In the early days of Starcraft 2, there were rumors that you would switch over with Boxer; was there any truth to this? According to your recent protige (T)MMA, you seemed to have entertained the idea of switching over; do you have any plans of pursuing a career after returning from the military?

A : I played SC2 in its early days. I was 7th on KR ladder at one point. I was on par with players who have won or made the finals of the GSL. I played a lot of games against players like (T)MVP, (Z)NesTea, (Z)Leenock and (Z)July.

The reason I played SC2 was if KeSPA made a new SC2 league, or joined another league, I wanted to teach our players. To be honest, once I hurt my wrist my life as a progamer was effectively over. When I went to the hospital to get it checked, they said my arm was equivalent to that of a 50+ year-old. I just wanted to get a head-start in SC2 so in the case of a switch our players would have an edge over others through my knowledge of the game, so I must say the rumors were false.
tztztz
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany314 Posts
December 30 2011 13:39 GMT
#2310
the graphic is obviously just a template, it has nothing to do with the look of the new player
MyFirstProbe
Profile Joined April 2011
Netherlands294 Posts
December 30 2011 13:40 GMT
#2311
But maybe EG came up with something very good.
S_SienZ
Profile Joined September 2011
1878 Posts
December 30 2011 13:45 GMT
#2312
On December 30 2011 22:39 obsKura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:20 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On December 30 2011 21:29 eoLithic wrote:
On December 30 2011 21:14 nam nam wrote:
After having reviewed all the fact I have concluded it being Jyp. You can find pics with a little imagination could transform into the hype image. With all respect to grubby I do think they'd aim to get someone of higher skill level.


hm. Grubby has probably won more tournaments than any other gamer in a major game, apart from a few maybe, he has steadily improved since he began playing and will keep improving when others don`t, trust me.

Don`t underestimate Grubby.

Honestly I think Grubby is really good - he manages some engagements better than pretty much anyone I've seen... He's not top of the line in all aspects yet, but he's a super smart person and its just a matter of time.

(this is even a like, 2-3 months outdated impression)


^ So much this. Thanks for pointing this out, Jon (btw your mod-ette here <3). Grubby is incredibly smart, his game sense is getting better and better each month and his micro is impressive (which is not really surprising thanks to his WC3 hero background).

He just got back from his holidays in Egypt and is probably well rested. I'm really looking forward to HSC IV next week and how Grubby will be doing in the tourney.

To add something to the topic: I'm part of Grubby's staff on his website/stream and follow a lot what he's writing and talking. He is really proud of the brand he is establishing with Team Grubby and has great plans for the future (possibly start to add players to the roster, ...) - I really doubt that he is going to rejoin EG. Afaik one of the reasons why he left EG was his dream to build his own team and brand and this seems to run quite well.


IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!!! SIL IS A PIC OF GRUBBY, WHO JUST CAME BACK FROM EGYPT.

EGYPT = EGJYP !!!
pStar
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
996 Posts
December 30 2011 13:45 GMT
#2313
On December 30 2011 22:39 tztztz wrote:
the graphic is obviously just a template, it has nothing to do with the look of the new player


What this guy said.

Its just a random silhouette that they have made. Not an actual player silhouette, I thought that was pretty obvious.
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
December 30 2011 13:45 GMT
#2314
It won't be a bonjwa/a top player... EG would have registered 10 new domains for viral sites just to hint it to us if it were.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
Kontys
Profile Joined October 2011
Finland659 Posts
December 30 2011 13:46 GMT
#2315
Re-evaluating my own odds.

It can't be Polt (thought so due to the picture, circumstantial evidence has caused me to devalue this possibility). The picture was so Polt though.

So I'm now at 50% EGMoon (the fifth race, liberty, spirit.moon), 50% someone else. Difficult to say. Hoping for a foreigner, but if it's Moon, I'm okay with it. If it's some random Korean talent, I'm kinda sad.

On a sidenote: Does anyone know of any Korean players who are actually called Moon? I know it is a name in Korean.
NoobSkills
Profile Joined August 2009
United States1603 Posts
December 30 2011 13:47 GMT
#2316
On December 30 2011 22:39 obsKura wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:20 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
On December 30 2011 21:29 eoLithic wrote:
On December 30 2011 21:14 nam nam wrote:
After having reviewed all the fact I have concluded it being Jyp. You can find pics with a little imagination could transform into the hype image. With all respect to grubby I do think they'd aim to get someone of higher skill level.


hm. Grubby has probably won more tournaments than any other gamer in a major game, apart from a few maybe, he has steadily improved since he began playing and will keep improving when others don`t, trust me.

Don`t underestimate Grubby.

Honestly I think Grubby is really good - he manages some engagements better than pretty much anyone I've seen... He's not top of the line in all aspects yet, but he's a super smart person and its just a matter of time.

(this is even a like, 2-3 months outdated impression)


^ So much this. Thanks for pointing this out, Jon (btw your mod-ette here <3). Grubby is incredibly smart, his game sense is getting better and better each month and his micro is impressive (which is not really surprising thanks to his WC3 hero background).

He just got back from his holidays in Egypt and is probably well rested. I'm really looking forward to HSC IV next week and how Grubby will be doing in the tourney.

To add something to the topic: I'm part of Grubby's staff on his website/stream and follow a lot what he's writing and talking. He is really proud of the brand he is establishing with Team Grubby and has great plans for the future (possibly start to add players to the roster, ...) - I really doubt that he is going to rejoin EG. Afaik one of the reasons why he left EG was his dream to build his own team and brand and this seems to run quite well.


Grubby sucks plain and simple at least at SC2.
Hope whatever he manages to get off the ground for a team succeeds though.
S_SienZ
Profile Joined September 2011
1878 Posts
December 30 2011 13:47 GMT
#2317
On December 30 2011 22:46 Kontys wrote:
Re-evaluating my own odds.

It can't be Polt (thought so due to the picture, circumstantial evidence has caused me to devalue this possibility). The picture was so Polt though.

So I'm now at 50% EGMoon (the fifth race, liberty, spirit.moon), 50% someone else. Difficult to say. Hoping for a foreigner, but if it's Moon, I'm okay with it. If it's some random Korean talent, I'm kinda sad.

On a sidenote: Does anyone know of any Korean players who are actually called Moon? I know it is a name in Korean.


There kinda is, but it's spelt Mun not Moon. Don't think they have double-"o"s sound.

Mun Seong Won = SlayerSMMA
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
December 30 2011 13:48 GMT
#2318
Grubby is a strange player to watch. Occasionally he controls and wins battles where he just flat out deserved to lose. Stuff like getting fully flanked by roach ling, and somehow dancing his stalkers perfectly to the point where none of his units' shields gets fully depleted. Then sometimes he looses like a no name scrub.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
gruff
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden2276 Posts
December 30 2011 13:48 GMT
#2319
On December 30 2011 22:45 pStar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 22:39 tztztz wrote:
the graphic is obviously just a template, it has nothing to do with the look of the new player


What this guy said.

Its just a random silhouette that they have made. Not an actual player silhouette, I thought that was pretty obvious.


It's not obvious.
MonkTheBong
Profile Joined June 2011
Czech Republic84 Posts
December 30 2011 13:49 GMT
#2320
Double o is u in korean 우 is spelled oo but pronounced u
Prev 1 114 115 116 117 118 157 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4515
Leta 1631
Bale 58
Shine 29
ZergMaN 11
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Other Games
summit1g9026
WinterStarcraft604
Sick117
Mew2King33
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick495
BasetradeTV161
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1411
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Lourlo1047
• Rush423
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 54m
Patches Events
9h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 54m
OSC
17h 54m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.