• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:21
CEST 03:21
KST 10:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War575.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9337 users

New EG player? - Page 118

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 157 Next
Mycl
Profile Joined November 2010
Australia1370 Posts
December 30 2011 14:33 GMT
#2341
On December 30 2011 23:30 RuzaSK wrote:
I'm not sure why but if it is someone like JYP or Killer I won't be very impressed, they are very good players but I wouldn't hype them up this much because I don't feel like they really big starts, but then again I don't watch much GSL.

Also if it is Grubby I will be so excited since he is the reason why I got into sc2 and e-sports in general and is I guess my idol and role model so the hype is well deserved, but I'm not sure if it is him.


I think JYP and Killer are good enough to deserve a couple of tweets and a silhouette
Kimoto
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway70 Posts
December 30 2011 14:35 GMT
#2342
It's Boxer, EG.Boxer!!

On a more serious note, I think Moon with his WC3 experience would be good for EG.
EGIdrA - DIMAGA - oGsTheSTC - LiquidTLO
Olsson
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden931 Posts
December 30 2011 14:35 GMT
#2343
I don't think it's grubby. Hasn't he played for EG before? Must be Moon.
Naniwa <3
Cinim
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark866 Posts
December 30 2011 14:35 GMT
#2344
It could also be someone from Na'Vi, since they just disbanded
Hell, it's about time
widdox
Profile Joined August 2011
166 Posts
December 30 2011 14:35 GMT
#2345
On December 30 2011 23:32 Dismay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 23:30 RuzaSK wrote:
I'm not sure why but if it is someone like JYP or Killer I won't be very impressed, they are very good players but I wouldn't hype them up this much because I don't feel like they really big starts, but then again I don't watch much GSL.

Also if it is Grubby I will be so excited since he is the reason why I got into sc2 and e-sports in general and is I guess my idol and role model so the hype is well deserved, but I'm not sure if it is him.


To be fair, this hype is nearly entirely community driven. A simple splash image and a tweet beforehand? That's nothing for EG.


Agreed. For once this hype isn't them. Except they did a 7 day lead before the announcement. I think liquid I'd a 4.
RuzaSK
Profile Joined October 2011
Slovakia117 Posts
December 30 2011 14:36 GMT
#2346
On December 30 2011 23:33 ihasaKAROT wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 23:30 RuzaSK wrote:
I'm not sure why but if it is someone like JYP or Killer I won't be very impressed, they are very good players but I wouldn't hype them up this much because I don't feel like they really big starts, but then again I don't watch much GSL.

Also if it is Grubby I will be so excited since he is the reason why I got into sc2 and e-sports in general and is I guess my idol and role model so the hype is well deserved, but I'm not sure if it is him.


Its EG, its gonna be hyped. It can be Incontrol comming back from a marathonsession at the toilet after a bad xmasdinner and theyd still hype it up.



I have tears coming out of my eyes from laughing I didn't except this response :D, but I guess you are right EG love to hype things up
It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Ammanas
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Slovakia2166 Posts
December 30 2011 14:37 GMT
#2347
On December 30 2011 23:32 Dismay wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 23:30 RuzaSK wrote:
I'm not sure why but if it is someone like JYP or Killer I won't be very impressed, they are very good players but I wouldn't hype them up this much because I don't feel like they really big starts, but then again I don't watch much GSL.

Also if it is Grubby I will be so excited since he is the reason why I got into sc2 and e-sports in general and is I guess my idol and role model so the hype is well deserved, but I'm not sure if it is him.


To be fair, this hype is nearly entirely community driven. A simple splash image and a tweet beforehand? That's nothing for EG.


so much this. As someone has already said, if it would be some kind of top top player, or some switching bw pro, EG would register 10 domains, recordewd videos, crypted audio messages... do I need to continue? This actually is kind of fitting either JYP or Killer. I would be glad if it would be JYP though. Also there still are few korean Zergs without a team, right?
JangBi forever <3 || Classic! herO! Rain! Zest! | Rogue! Hydra! Solar! | Fantasy! Cure! Reality! Sorry! Journey!
nucleo
Profile Joined February 2011
292 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 14:38:26
December 30 2011 14:37 GMT
#2348
On December 30 2011 23:35 Cinim wrote:
It could also be someone from Na'Vi, since they just disbanded

EG.HappyZerg? <3

What about HongUn? does he have a team?

edit: capital U
SlimeBagly
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
356 Posts
December 30 2011 14:38 GMT
#2349
Nani said on stream that he thinks JYP
mutalisks are awesome!
Dingodile
Profile Joined December 2011
4139 Posts
December 30 2011 14:39 GMT
#2350
On December 30 2011 23:37 nucleo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 23:35 Cinim wrote:
It could also be someone from Na'Vi, since they just disbanded

EG.HappyZerg? <3

What about HongUn? does he have a team?

edit: capital U

IdrA said, He wouldn't let hongun to join EG :D
Grubby | ToD | Moon | Lyn | Sky
RuzaSK
Profile Joined October 2011
Slovakia117 Posts
December 30 2011 14:39 GMT
#2351
On December 30 2011 23:37 nucleo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 23:35 Cinim wrote:
It could also be someone from Na'Vi, since they just disbanded

EG.HappyZerg? <3

What about HongUn? does he have a team?

edit: capital U


I don't think it will be hongun http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=298046&currentpage=37#725

It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
December 30 2011 14:40 GMT
#2352
On December 30 2011 22:14 L3g3nd_ wrote:
saviour wont be playing sc2. the community is unwilling to forgive him, and anyway he is banned


He is banned from competing in either eSports competitions or BW in Korea.
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
nucleo
Profile Joined February 2011
292 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 14:46:15
December 30 2011 14:43 GMT
#2353
lol @ me
I already read those and knew about it yet some how managed to forget it (:

btw, I really like this kind of hype
the last few announcements from EG were way over done imo from EG's side.
(putting aside the community reaction)
BEARDiaguz
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Australia2362 Posts
December 30 2011 14:48 GMT
#2354
On December 30 2011 22:20 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 30 2011 21:29 eoLithic wrote:
On December 30 2011 21:14 nam nam wrote:
After having reviewed all the fact I have concluded it being Jyp. You can find pics with a little imagination could transform into the hype image. With all respect to grubby I do think they'd aim to get someone of higher skill level.


hm. Grubby has probably won more tournaments than any other gamer in a major game, apart from a few maybe, he has steadily improved since he began playing and will keep improving when others don`t, trust me.

Don`t underestimate Grubby.

Honestly I think Grubby is really good - he manages some engagements better than pretty much anyone I've seen... He's not top of the line in all aspects yet, but he's a super smart person and its just a matter of time.

(this is even a like, 2-3 months outdated impression)



I played Grubby in that Dox cup event a month or two back.

He's reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally good.
ProgamerAustralian alcohol user follow @iaguzSC2
Jedclark
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United Kingdom903 Posts
December 30 2011 14:49 GMT
#2355
Anyone know what this is?
"They make it so scrubnubs can PM me. They make it so I can't ignore scrubnubs!" - "I'm gonna show you how great I am." MKP fan since GSL Open Season 2 #hipsternerd
xXFireandIceXx
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada4296 Posts
December 30 2011 14:50 GMT
#2356
On December 30 2011 23:43 nucleo wrote:
lol @ me
I already read those and knew about it yet some how managed to forget it (:

btw, I really like this kind of hype
the last few announcements from EG were way over done imo from EG's side.
(putting aside the community reaction)


yah this is nothing compared to last time
Daray
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
6006 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-30 14:51:29
December 30 2011 14:51 GMT
#2357
On December 30 2011 23:49 Jedclark wrote:
https://twitter.com/#!/SirScoots/status/152762208273698816 Anyone know what this is?


Scoots trolling. Thats Element, one of the most known old school CS players.
Yaki
Profile Joined April 2011
France4234 Posts
December 30 2011 14:51 GMT
#2358
Guys it's not FD, he is switching to League of Legends.
MC ■ MarineKing ■ LosirA ■ To someone who has lost after trying his best, no words from the winner can console him.
nucleo
Profile Joined February 2011
292 Posts
December 30 2011 14:52 GMT
#2359
On December 30 2011 23:49 Jedclark wrote:
https://twitter.com/#!/SirScoots/status/152762208273698816 Anyone know what this is?

well he's not korean
but it could also be SirScoots trolling
Olsson
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden931 Posts
December 30 2011 14:53 GMT
#2360
What about Seiplo? The swedish protoss who came out of nowhere and did well in Dreamhack Winter, you heard it here first, I think!
Naniwa <3
Prev 1 116 117 118 119 120 157 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 39m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 163
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 467
Bale 50
League of Legends
Doublelift4514
Other Games
summit1g9131
JimRising 562
ViBE235
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick676
BasetradeTV189
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• Light_VIP 9
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1122
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 39m
Patches Events
13h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 39m
BSL Open Qualifier
17h 39m
OSC
21h 39m
OSC
1d 10h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.