• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:38
CEST 14:38
KST 21:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8848 users

[11th Dec WCG] MVP's interview

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
CP-Jun
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia278 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-11 19:04:56
December 11 2011 19:04 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Q : You are the first player to have a gold medal in Starcraft 2

I am very happy. I felt bit pressured at the finals because of the gold medal especially when all other Korean players got knocked out and I was the last one. But after all getting a gold medal after winning both games easily makes me happy.


Q : How did you think the games would go? Did you expect to win?

I haven't met him on the tournament before but I had information about him. I also have seen him playing before and I knew he was a good player so I was pretty nervous from yesterday. But the maps used on WCG have elements that favour Terran so I thought I could use them to win without having too much of trouble.


Q : Were you planning to do proxy barracks and bunker rush play in the first game? Or was that spontaneous?

I haven't thought about doing 2 rax push in the first set. When his drone came out to scout, the drone moved as if he was expecting me to go for an early expo. (T/N : HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT BY LOOKING AT THE DRONE MOVEMENT?) So I had a feeling that if I go for a bunker rush, he wouldn't be able to defend that off.


Q : When were you assure of getting a gold medal?

I wanted to win the second set no matter what so I decided not to extend myself and get ghosts. After having a good number of ghosts I went into a late game. I nuked a hatchery and when that nuke actually hit the hatch I was sure about winning. It seems that my opponent lost his concentration.


Q : Can you pick the hardest match in the tournament?

I had a game against a Chinese Protoss player in the rounds of 16. As I could not sleep the day before I was in a bad shape, he also played very well and I nearly lost. In the third set, everyone thought I was behind and that's how behind I was. But somehow trying my best gave me a victory. That match was the hardest.


Q : What do you think about skill-level of foreign players?

I thought that they play really well from the full league qualifiers. I treated them as if I was playing a Korean player. SuperNoVa and MKP didn't get knocked out because they underestimated foreign players, foreign players showed their skills.


Q : Korea never missed out on getting a gold medal from Starcraft 1. What's your prediction on Starcraft 2 in WCG?

I am well aware of the fact that Korea kept getting a gold medal for the last ten years. That is another reason why I felt pressured in the finals but I am glad that I got a gold medal. I think even in the upcoming WCGs Korea should be able to get gold medals and that is not going to be as easy as Starcraft 1. But despite all that, I believe Korea will get gold medals in the future.


Q : How about you get another gold medal next year?

I think there is only one player who got a gold medal twice in WCG from Starcraft. But this was the first Starcraft 2 tournament in WCG. If I am qualified to participate in the next year's WCG, I will try my best to get another gold medal.


Q : Blizzcup starts tomorrow, you must have not been able to practice much - are you confident about winning it?

After I go back to Seoul, I have to participate in BlizzCup straight away tomorrow. Blizzcup 2011 is suppose to be the tournament where they pick the best player of the year and that is the tournament that I must win. I have looked at the list of 10 other participants and they are all so strong. I am bit worried that I was not able to practice due to WCG but I still want to win.


Q : Any last words that you want to deliver?.

Coach Kang came down to Busan with me and I really thank him. I also want to thank our sponsors for supporting me in this event. My sister and parents always cheer for me so I also want to thank them. My sister even told me to do well right before the finals. I am always thankful to my girlfriend. When I was at a PC bang (internet cafe), my team-mates helped me to practice so I really thank the team-mates. While I was in WCG - Blizzard Korea E-sports team helped me to get rid of some inconvenience. I especially thank Jea-Ho Lee, from Blizzard e-sports team, he makes all players very comfortable. I also want to cheer other players who represented Korea.

Original Article : http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=981017&category=13439

T/N : MVP twitted and expressed that he was not happy with the way WCG was running things that he was angry.
SlayerS_Min's Translator I Voluntary translator for the community I Commentator during Min's stream I Own channel coming soon
Amornthep
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Singapore2605 Posts
December 11 2011 19:06 GMT
#2
Thanks for the interview. ;D
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
December 11 2011 19:06 GMT
#3
MVP FIGHTING!
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
Adebisi
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada1637 Posts
December 11 2011 19:07 GMT
#4
thanks for translation!

T/N : MVP twitted and expressed that he was not happy with the way WCG was running things that he was angry.
Anymore details about this?
TidusX.Yuna
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States239 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-11 19:07:48
December 11 2011 19:07 GMT
#5
"SuperNoVa and MKP didn't get knocked out because they underestimated foreign players, foreign players showed their skills."

I like this

Thanks for the interview!
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality!
sVnteen
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany2238 Posts
December 11 2011 19:08 GMT
#6
mvp should sell seeds for the blizzard cup lol

hes just too good for this world
MY LIFE STARTS NOW ♥
Kurr
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada2338 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-11 19:09:03
December 11 2011 19:08 GMT
#7
"Q : Were you planning to do proxy barracks and bunker rush play in the first game? Or was that spontaneous?

I haven't thought about doing 2 rax push in the first set. When his drone came out to scout, the drone moved as if he was expecting me to go for an early expo. (T/N : HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT BY LOOKING AT THE DRONE MOVEMENT?) So I had a feeling that if I go for a bunker rush, he wouldn't be able to defend that off."


Ahah awesome T/N.

Good interview, thanks for translating.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ | ┻━┻ ︵╰(°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
GoSuChicken
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany1726 Posts
December 11 2011 19:08 GMT
#8
Mvp seems to be such a nice guys
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
December 11 2011 19:09 GMT
#9
Why can't Group B play first in the Blizzard Cup
MMA: The true King of Wings
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
December 11 2011 19:14 GMT
#10
cute picture of MVP

thanks for the interview
CP-Jun
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia278 Posts
December 11 2011 19:17 GMT
#11
On December 12 2011 04:07 Adebisi wrote:
thanks for translation!

Show nested quote +
T/N : MVP twitted and expressed that he was not happy with the way WCG was running things that he was angry.
Anymore details about this?


https://twitter.com/#!/sc2immvp

"와 진짜 WCG 운영 너무잘하네 ㅋㅋㅋ 화난다ㅋㅋㅋ"
-> "Wow, management at WCG is really well done lol I am angry lol" (sarcasm)
SlayerS_Min's Translator I Voluntary translator for the community I Commentator during Min's stream I Own channel coming soon
SarcasmMonster
Profile Joined October 2011
3136 Posts
December 11 2011 19:55 GMT
#12
On December 12 2011 04:14 zerious wrote:
cute picture of MVP

thanks for the interview


Howabout this one?
MMA: The true King of Wings
JonB
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden325 Posts
December 11 2011 19:57 GMT
#13
mvp hwaitiing
hacker and programmer - the2me4u on skype
Draconicfire
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada2562 Posts
December 11 2011 19:58 GMT
#14
Mvp probably saw information the drone was sending back to the hivemind and decided to act appropriately.

What a guy.
@Drayxs | Drayxs.221 | Drayxs#1802
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
December 11 2011 20:00 GMT
#15
What was the problem with the WCG management?! oO
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Zergrusher
Profile Joined November 2011
United States562 Posts
December 11 2011 20:01 GMT
#16
"But the maps used on WCG have elements that favour Terran so I thought I could use them to win without having too much of trouble."


in other words positioning, and usage of terrain help MVP win
besides ghost snipe( match 2)


I hope he does well on the blizzardcup
hes on fire this year!!!




Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
December 11 2011 20:02 GMT
#17

Q : What do you think about skill-level of foreign players?

I thought that they play really well from the full league qualifiers. I treated them as if I was playing a Korean player. SuperNoVa and MKP didn't get knocked out because they underestimated foreign players, foreign players showed their skills.

MVP: " Foreigners don't suck. " haha
CP-Jun
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia278 Posts
December 11 2011 20:04 GMT
#18
On December 12 2011 04:55 SarcasmMonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2011 04:14 zerious wrote:
cute picture of MVP

thanks for the interview


Howabout this one?


I had a boner.. not literally but he is so cute there! : )
SlayerS_Min's Translator I Voluntary translator for the community I Commentator during Min's stream I Own channel coming soon
Madera
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden2672 Posts
December 11 2011 20:09 GMT
#19
MVP fighting! Thanks for the interview.
mango_destroyer
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3914 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-11 20:12:44
December 11 2011 20:11 GMT
#20
MVP is always so manner and likeable. He is surprisingly funny if anyone caught that Blizzconn short documentary style video of him and MMA for Blizzconn on GOMtv.

Here is the link:
http://www.gomtv.net/2011gslsponsors7/gomcam/66594

1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
Classic vs PercivalLIVE!
herO vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 938
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
ByuN vs KrystianerLIVE!
CranKy Ducklings252
CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech98
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45530
Shuttle 13148
FanTaSy 1453
Hyuk 1193
BeSt 614
Horang2 473
Mini 352
Pusan 342
EffOrt 243
Stork 238
[ Show more ]
Last 163
Zeus 157
Killer 130
sorry 89
Mind 87
Soma 66
Hyun 64
Sea.KH 60
ggaemo 48
PianO 47
Snow 47
hero 44
ToSsGirL 35
Hm[arnc] 31
Bale 29
Aegong 23
JYJ 17
zelot 16
NaDa 14
Sacsri 10
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Noble 9
Dota 2
Dendi1018
XcaliburYe386
qojqva307
Counter-Strike
fl0m2612
byalli986
x6flipin322
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu395
Other Games
gofns34084
B2W.Neo947
Hui .153
Livibee146
ArmadaUGS82
Mew2King59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick669
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream72
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis1638
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
2h 22m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 22m
BSL Open Qualifier
6h 22m
Replay Cast
10h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 22m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
22h 22m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 3h
Replay Cast
1d 10h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 22h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.