• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:37
CEST 19:37
KST 02:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8031 users

Listening to music while playing - Page 14

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 18 Next All
Chibithor
Profile Joined April 2011
Brazil514 Posts
January 10 2012 15:04 GMT
#261
Well, music does affect my playing.
Makes it worse. I'm not focusing on the game as much, because some of the focus is on the music. Kind of similar to how I really can't listen to music while I'm reading. I read the words but if you ask me after 5 minutes any specific questions on what I just read, I couldn't tell you. It's especially bad with music I like, I just listen and go on some kind of brainless auto-pilot for anything else I'm doing.
Shewklad
Profile Joined April 2011
Sweden482 Posts
January 10 2012 15:07 GMT
#262
I really need music when I play, or some kind of sound, it can be a movie on my 2nd monitor, a youtube clip or just the raido. I don't know why but I need some kind of sound, otherwise it feels really weird.
Bomber || Thorzain || Startale >< No gods, no masters.
DawN883
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden558 Posts
January 10 2012 15:14 GMT
#263
I don't play 1v1 ladder with music but i do often play on the other ladders with music. I don't know if it makes me play worse but i'm not taking any risks
If the dead are not raised, Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die
-Dustin-
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States718 Posts
January 10 2012 15:14 GMT
#264
I personally listen to music while playing, and to Sergio1992 yes sometimes when the game ends I will be like "When did this song start?" near the end of it. Get so focused I don't even hear it.

I mainly listen to Goregrind/Death Metal while playing.

I really enjoy Cannibal Corpse, Skinless, Devourment, Fuck..I'm Dead, Funeral Rape, and I could go on for hours. While playing a game and destroying people. But I also like to listen to Necro, Circle of Tyrants, Bloodline, and Ill Bill. That Death Rap mixed in with Death metal and the occasional Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time songs.<3 Zeldas Lullaby and pretty much anything on it. Also a ton of Mindless Self Indulgence. I'm not a fan of that style of music but I just love them. I don't feel that the pace of the music has anything to do with how well I play or how fast. Its just music.

But I love nothing more than to play while listening to Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face. Has been my favorite song to game to for the past 5 years, and will continue to do so. Also when I used to play Call of Duty 4 I listened to Suicide Silence, and Dr.Acula a bit but haven't really since I started Starcraft2.

I have one Dubstep; Skillrex - I want to kill everybody, Lets see I like listening to Cocorosie - Werewolf to start a game off since its slow.

I got a little Deathcore which is just Emmure, and 1 Suicide Silence song. As Deathcore is to slow and boring for me, and its not 'brutal' what-so-ever. And I tend to enjoy brutal things.

Why didn't the poll have 'Metal'? I mean I've seen a few others in this thread post Metal genres and I would've voted if there was a Metal choice in the poll. Because I don't listen to anything posted for the most part, Maybe a song here and there but that is about it.
Fishriot
Profile Joined May 2010
United States621 Posts
January 10 2012 15:15 GMT
#265
I listen to a very wide range of music types while playing. It's not so much the type of music that is important to me, it just has to be something that I enjoy. I feel like it helps me relax, and be able to focus more.
soapyy.
Profile Joined October 2011
United States103 Posts
January 10 2012 16:01 GMT
#266
I focus a lot better with music playing, same goes with a lot of other players..
www.twitch.tv/sirsoapyy A little bit of soul train is in everyone.
Tobberoth
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden6375 Posts
January 10 2012 16:05 GMT
#267
I used to go with dubstep, but I've started to listen to calmer music instead. While dubstep might be beneficial to your apm, calm music helps a lot with anxiety if you have any form of ladder fear. It keeps your adrenaline from getting the best of you and calms your rage.
leecH
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany385 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-10 16:33:53
January 10 2012 16:32 GMT
#268
i listen music to break the silence. life is boring and music makes it more enjoyable. i dont think i play better or worse when listening i think it comes down to the habbit.

i listen to radio paradise. check it out guys if youre into goooood solid music. i even listen to this at my work and all my coworkers love it. i just feel the need to share this. i know it sounds silly but good music can do alot for you and if you have a bit of taste left after crushing your senses with modern dumbstep please give it a try. maybe takes some hours to adjust your brain to good taste :D

http://www.radioparadise.com/

i fucking love this radio so much :>

Chernobyl
Profile Joined March 2011
Brazil143 Posts
January 10 2012 16:56 GMT
#269
How about separate the music preference by skill?

I'm diamond, and dont listen to music while playing, but I like rock in general.
RuzaSK
Profile Joined October 2011
Slovakia117 Posts
January 10 2012 18:00 GMT
#270
Depeche Mode and House/electro music but mainly do better while listening to my Depeche
It's simple, if it jiggles, it's fat. ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 21 2012 18:48 GMT
#271
On January 11 2012 03:00 RuzaSK wrote:
Depeche Mode and House/electro music but mainly do better while listening to my Depeche

Swedish house mafia! ^^^ is all good stuff
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Garmer
Profile Joined October 2010
1286 Posts
January 21 2012 19:01 GMT
#272
BW music here, they are the best
DeadCell
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada256 Posts
January 22 2012 05:27 GMT
#273
I don't think that specifically the genre of music is going to affect your play.

It should be more so the music you enjoy the most will affect your gameplay.

I listen to A state of trance when I play, and I play T and Z.

I don't think if I take a break from trance and listen to dubstep this will change the outcome of any of my games.
If it comes down to you or them, send flowers.
GinDo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
3327 Posts
January 22 2012 05:53 GMT
#274
I paced music helps me concentrate, once I am in the zone/concentrated however I completely forget about the music and won't even notice when it stops. However if I notice the music stopped or its play a slow beat it bothers me.
ⱩŦ ƑⱠẬ$Ħ / ƩǤ ɈƩẬƉØƝǤ [ɌȻ] / ȊṂ.ṂṼⱣ / ẬȻƩɌ.ȊƝƝØṼẬŦȊØƝ / ẬȻƩɌ.ϟȻẬɌⱠƩŦŦ ϟⱠẬɎƩɌϟ ȻⱠẬƝ
amazingxkcd
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
GRAND OLD AMERICA16375 Posts
January 22 2012 06:00 GMT
#275
Liquid DnB is quite good for laddering as it soothes yourself when your adrenaline levels starts to rise up.
The world is burning and you rather be on this terrible website discussing video games and your shallow feelings
zeden
Profile Joined September 2011
18 Posts
January 22 2012 06:02 GMT
#276
Nothing like playing late game ZvT while listening to Mastodon \m/
-Strider-
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico1605 Posts
January 22 2012 06:15 GMT
#277
Do pro players listen to music while playing tournaments? Like the gsl for example
What is up? IM NESTEAAAA!
Wpcwe
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Russian Federation126 Posts
January 22 2012 06:19 GMT
#278
zerg - grindcore, experemental electronic, deathcore
toss- nothig.
terran-indie, pop
everybody hates wpcwe*
Lugace
Profile Joined January 2012
United States11 Posts
January 22 2012 06:22 GMT
#279
Hmm... I find that when I play to songs I like I do better, whereas if I play to songs I don't, I play worse.

So I went through my entire iTunes library and rated every song, now I play on "Top Rated" with shuffle on, seems to work for me anyway. So it doesn't matter the genre, just if I like the songs I'm listening to or not.
DashedHopes
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada414 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-22 06:24:56
January 22 2012 06:23 GMT
#280
I feel like these questions are kinda of wierd.. Like what does being protoss or teran have to do with what music we listen to, based on results overall most gamers regardless of race listen to kpop. The question should just say.. " What music do you listen to"
Unless you were trying to find out if there is any difference that may differ by race personality wise.
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 16 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM745
TKL 273
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 745
ByuN 292
TKL 273
mouzHeroMarine 237
UpATreeSC 72
BRAT_OK 38
MindelVK 10
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21256
Calm 3148
Shuttle 1082
Horang2 444
Dewaltoss 123
Rush 107
Zeus 61
Free 42
Hyun 32
sorry 31
[ Show more ]
Trap 25
Killer 23
ToSsGirL 20
Bale 19
scan(afreeca) 18
PianO 16
Rock 15
Aegong 14
Hm[arnc] 14
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Dendi1417
League of Legends
KnowMe56
Counter-Strike
fl0m4928
pashabiceps699
Fnx 646
x6flipin289
edward13
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King86
Other Games
singsing1970
Liquid`RaSZi1487
Grubby1099
Beastyqt660
ceh9443
C9.Mang0305
crisheroes251
420jenkins195
B2W.Neo188
dupreeh171
IndyStarCraft 158
QueenE103
Trikslyr92
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH282
• EnkiAlexander 26
• Hinosc 17
• Reevou 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3310
• WagamamaTV571
League of Legends
• Nemesis3408
• TFBlade595
Other Games
• Shiphtur828
• imaqtpie465
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 23m
INu's Battles
17h 23m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 23m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.