• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:26
CEST 02:26
KST 09:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8668 users

Listening to music while playing - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 18 Next All
Poopi
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
France13022 Posts
January 08 2012 23:51 GMT
#241
I can't play without music, too hard to focus because I hear the keyboard and it messes up with my keyboard/mouse coordination (stutter step becomes shitty).
I listen mostly to house I think (fusion radio), I tried kpop on seoulfm but most of the songs are too boring/slow for my taste thus I stopped it. I'd like to listen to MKP radio station (seems like korean rap) because it felt nice for playing but I cant finf it.
I have to lower the sound quite a lot however, because it's bothering if the music is too loud.
I really think that listening to music can help your gameplay, when I was playing Super smash bros melee (quite competitive fighting game), listening to high bpm songs was helping a lot.
WriterMaru
ArcticRaven
Profile Joined August 2011
France1406 Posts
January 08 2012 23:57 GMT
#242
I like to have some epic song playing, so as to make me feel better, when i ladder (Knights of
Cydonia <3) For serious games, and in situations when I have to think a lot, I've always felt Radiohead made me cleverer.
[Govie] Wierd shit, on a 6 game AP winning streak with KOTL in the trench. I searched gandalf quotes and spammed them all game long, trenchwarfare247, whateva it takes!
Dranzogger
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States17 Posts
January 08 2012 23:59 GMT
#243
My ladder playlist is electronic. On it:
TRON Soundtrack (daft punk)
Basshunter
Danderpatrullen
"Forever a bronze"
Crashburn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States476 Posts
January 10 2012 13:27 GMT
#244
I'm pretty sure this is just me being superstitious, but I haven't lost a game since I started beginning my ladder session with a particular song in my playlist. I've won six straight on my main and five straight on my alt (with equivalent MMR).
Coolhwip
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden1381 Posts
January 10 2012 13:44 GMT
#245
What up with all this gross k-pop obsession? I mean do you seriously like that music?
crack
Grimss
Profile Joined February 2011
France18 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-10 14:03:14
January 10 2012 13:49 GMT
#246


As protoss, definitly this in loop. I can almost hear that mothership in the beginning.
CaptainCrush
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States785 Posts
January 10 2012 13:54 GMT
#247
I dont think they type of music effects the way I play but I have to have some music otherwise its just weird.... I would say that without music I play worse cause its kinda like a distraction now that Im used to it.

That being said, if someone came in and changed my metal or electronica to something like country or some mainstream BS then I would probably end up losing as well! :p
Sm3agol
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States2055 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-10 14:02:52
January 10 2012 14:02 GMT
#248


Ludovico Einaudi. SO relaxing.
Kotreb
Profile Joined June 2011
Croatia1392 Posts
January 10 2012 14:09 GMT
#249
I play Zerg, and when I do play it i mostly listen to metal (thrash and death to be more precise). It just gives me tempo and keeps me on my toes and in a way "forces" me to frantically do things
If you don't sin Jesus died for nothing.
Coolhwip
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden1381 Posts
January 10 2012 14:13 GMT
#250
On January 10 2012 23:02 Sm3agol wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkzyyv0DuA

Ludovico Einaudi. SO relaxing.

<3 I listen to Ludovico Einaudi more often then not when i play sc2
crack
fLaUpYY
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany33 Posts
January 10 2012 14:16 GMT
#251
Metalcore/Hardcore... perfect for stompin those zergs
ManTrain
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark126 Posts
January 10 2012 14:29 GMT
#252
Does pro's listen to music in tournaments? I have always been wondering...
WArped
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom4845 Posts
January 10 2012 14:33 GMT
#253
I dunno what it is about K-pop but it really helps you play faster. Not much but it is noticeable.
GohgamX
Profile Joined April 2011
Canada1096 Posts
January 10 2012 14:46 GMT
#254
On January 10 2012 23:29 ManTrain wrote:
Does pro's listen to music in tournaments? I have always been wondering...


Thats a good question...

White-ra showed me the positive effects of dance music. Upbeat and fast paced. I like to think that it increases my heart rate which inturn makes me more alert and aware... Just my opinion.

Time is a great teacher, unfortunate that it kills all its pupils ...
TheLaw
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States172 Posts
January 10 2012 14:48 GMT
#255
I have a playlist on Grooveshark that i put on when i play. It has some rock, some video game soundtrack stuff and some dubstep. And I play Terran.
Cowards die in shame.
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
January 10 2012 14:50 GMT
#256
On January 10 2012 22:44 Coolhwip wrote:
What up with all this gross k-pop obsession? I mean do you seriously like that music?


How dare people like different kinds of music..
I like kpop but I don't bash people who like something else
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
Levi
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany45 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-10 14:50:53
January 10 2012 14:50 GMT
#257
there is no certain music for a race ... its yust if u listen to music that you like your concentration improves a bit.( some scientists checked that)

and thats all ..
for me so far i could never listen to k-pop or other pop "crap" while playing, because i simply dislike this kind of music and it would have a terrible effect on my game.
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-10 14:53:39
January 10 2012 14:53 GMT
#258
For me it's always been either K-pop, whenever I'm playing a little more casual or I'm in a bad mood etc, otherwise when I'm in serious ladder mode or similar, I'll go with more epic music, most commonly Two Steps From Hell, I've got an about 5 hour playlist with them on my harddrive, about 130 soundtracks

Edit: Not quite sure why you would vote differently for different races in SC2 though
mderg
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany1740 Posts
January 10 2012 14:54 GMT
#259
Listening to Power Metal or Symphonic Metal while stomping nerds creates the best satisfaction for me
Sergio1992
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
Italy522 Posts
January 10 2012 14:57 GMT
#260
Meh, Am I the only one that, after trying to put some custom music, realised to go so much into the game, that sometimes I am not even able to hear\listen to music while it is playing?
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 207
SpeCial 135
ViBE97
Nathanias 73
ProTech47
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12169
Rain 1521
GuemChi 976
Artosis 672
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever407
Counter-Strike
minikerr2
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox851
Mew2King99
Other Games
summit1g6480
shahzam714
WinterStarcraft480
JimRising 415
C9.Mang0323
Trikslyr51
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick739
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream47
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 104
• davetesta18
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur292
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 34m
INu's Battles
10h 34m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
12h 34m
OSC
21h 49m
Replay Cast
22h 34m
OSC
1d 22h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.