• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:21
CEST 02:21
KST 09:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8079 users

Listening to music while playing - Page 18

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 16 17 18 All
deadRa
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden37 Posts
July 17 2012 17:56 GMT
#341
On January 23 2012 05:40 mrRoflpwn wrote:
i always listen to music while i play- HOWEVER- i never notice it- i only notice the game sounds- its kinda weird but its like my mind basically goes into full concentration on the task at hand only.


Yeah, same as this guy. I can notice my music for short periods of time at certain moments (early game, for example) but nothing major.

I play horribly when I listen to friends speaking in skype though.
And I play Zerg, btw.
Snute, viOLet, Polt, ThorZaIN, jEcho ♥
KapsyL
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden704 Posts
July 17 2012 17:56 GMT
#342
as a zerg I always listen to something with a bit of speed. lately ive started enjoying iNexus alot also. trance techno house dance etc, works wonders
Jurg Jurg Jurg
Schroedinger
Profile Joined April 2012
Germany80 Posts
July 17 2012 18:10 GMT
#343
I usually listen to Nachtmahr,Triarii or Endstille during my ladder sessions.
Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemies
Wingblade
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1806 Posts
July 17 2012 19:04 GMT
#344
I almost always listen to alternative rock, or maybe some instrumental music when I need to relax. My playlist is mostly alternative rock and Coldplay.
PartinG fanboy to the max, Rain/Squirtle/Dear/Scarlett/Bbyong are cool too. I don't always watch Dota2 but when I do I have no clue what's going on. GOGO POWER RANGERS
Le BucheRON
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada619 Posts
July 17 2012 19:07 GMT
#345
Lol with all the k-pop. Maybe THAT'S what's holding back my play.
Guess who`s special?!
Existor
Profile Joined July 2010
Russian Federation4295 Posts
July 17 2012 19:40 GMT
#346
For Zergs of course some next themes:





http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=353690
SnowyPsilocybin
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom265 Posts
July 17 2012 19:43 GMT
#347
I just listen to random trance or liquid DnB no matter what race im playing
b0ub0u
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada445 Posts
July 17 2012 19:45 GMT
#348
Liquid DnB too
The Doors, Bob Marley.. stuff like that
Or sometimes I feel like listening to sountracks or 8 bit music.

Everything but pop lol
In the swarm we trust
virpi
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Germany3599 Posts
July 17 2012 19:45 GMT
#349
I can't listen to music while I'm playing, it seriously distracts me. When I'm listening to music, I'm doing only that and nothing else.
first we make expand, then we defense it.
Snakeskin
Profile Joined April 2012
United States14 Posts
November 18 2012 05:32 GMT
#350
Bumped. I just looked this up and was astounded at the ridiculousness of the fact that people vote "K-pop and other pop" as a joke and then we don't get a decent and honest result. Just because they're speaking Korean does not mean you will play better. I HIGHLY doubt that almost EVERYBODY listens to K-Pop when they play SC2. I have, and I didn't like it. Meanwhile I listen to dubstep, and it helps. Under K-Pop I feel as though people were honest but seriously, don't vote for something just because it's interesting or funny or whatever. Just say what you listen to! It's NOT that hard! That's almost like voting for a president just because he/she is black or mormon or white or a woman. Get it together people. Look at what's underneath, not the first thing that you see in the music.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ SuP BrO? | In the Swarm We Trust | Team Dignitas
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
November 18 2012 06:13 GMT
#351
On November 18 2012 14:32 Snakeskin wrote:
Bumped. I just looked this up and was astounded at the ridiculousness of the fact that people vote "K-pop and other pop" as a joke and then we don't get a decent and honest result. Just because they're speaking Korean does not mean you will play better. I HIGHLY doubt that almost EVERYBODY listens to K-Pop when they play SC2. I have, and I didn't like it. Meanwhile I listen to dubstep, and it helps. Under K-Pop I feel as though people were honest but seriously, don't vote for something just because it's interesting or funny or whatever. Just say what you listen to! It's NOT that hard! That's almost like voting for a president just because he/she is black or mormon or white or a woman. Get it together people. Look at what's underneath, not the first thing that you see in the music.

It's Starcratifically proven that listening to K-pop makes you better at Starcraft.

There's obviously no other reason for Koreans being so gosu.
I love crazymoving
wptlzkwjd
Profile Joined January 2012
Canada1240 Posts
November 18 2012 06:16 GMT
#352
I play terran and listening exclusively to Taylor Swift. You should add a country category!
Feel free to add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/MagnusAskeland/
Megabuster123
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada1837 Posts
November 18 2012 06:31 GMT
#353
Zerg and Wu Tang go together like white on rice.

Whereas Terran is best with crooner music.

My 2 cents.
kalmdaze
Profile Joined November 2012
United States3 Posts
November 18 2012 06:38 GMT
#354
I usually listen to hip hop such as SoundzImage, Evan Awake, Shing02+Nujabes, Avens. ALT-TAB Sage used to use may playlist during his stream when he was still in NSHS. It seems to relaxes me during my ladder games so i don't overreact to things.


So damn good when you want to calm down after losing or just to relax yourself during games.
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
November 18 2012 06:43 GMT
#355
On November 18 2012 14:32 Snakeskin wrote:
Bumped. I just looked this up and was astounded at the ridiculousness of the fact that people vote "K-pop and other pop" as a joke and then we don't get a decent and honest result. Just because they're speaking Korean does not mean you will play better. I HIGHLY doubt that almost EVERYBODY listens to K-Pop when they play SC2. I have, and I didn't like it. Meanwhile I listen to dubstep, and it helps. Under K-Pop I feel as though people were honest but seriously, don't vote for something just because it's interesting or funny or whatever. Just say what you listen to! It's NOT that hard! That's almost like voting for a president just because he/she is black or mormon or white or a woman. Get it together people. Look at what's underneath, not the first thing that you see in the music.



I was astounded at the ridiculousness of the fact that you think people might have voted for kpop as a joke
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Prev 1 16 17 18 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings90
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O137
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 171
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 978
ZZZero.O 137
Bale 20
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm186
League of Legends
Doublelift4585
Counter-Strike
minikerr13
Other Games
summit1g10596
JimRising 716
C9.Mang0275
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP103
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 39m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 39m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 39m
Replay Cast
22h 39m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.