• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War25.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202619Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10737 users

Listening to music while playing - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next All
XiGua
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden3085 Posts
January 22 2012 20:13 GMT
#321
No music for me because my brain can't multitask that well and will focus on the lyrics/notes. Very ironic since I am a Masters Terran...
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) APM, Why u make me spam?
Neelia
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany599 Posts
January 22 2012 20:15 GMT
#322
Tracks from Sneaker Pimps - Becoming X all the way. Kelly Ali has just a super sexy voice (and teeth! :D)
Kryllik
Profile Joined January 2012
Belgium5 Posts
January 22 2012 20:30 GMT
#323
Actually, I listen to old rock like The Rolling Stones and other but, yes, I play better when i listen to Dubstep or others with more beats ( I'm a Zerg player )
-_-
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States7081 Posts
January 22 2012 20:38 GMT
#324
I can't focus when I play music. Whenever I resorted to playing music while studying, my grades plummeted. Similarly, my skill level, and most notably my ability to watch the minimap and multitask, drops if I listen to music while playing Starcraft 2.
mrRoflpwn
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States2618 Posts
January 22 2012 20:40 GMT
#325
i always listen to music while i play- HOWEVER- i never notice it- i only notice the game sounds- its kinda weird but its like my mind basically goes into full concentration on the task at hand only.
Long live the Boss Toss!
Hakanfrog
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden690 Posts
January 22 2012 21:33 GMT
#326
I always listen to music, but I don´t even notice it. I feel it makes me play faster and keep me pumped, but the only times I actually here the music is between the games.

(House/dubstep).
zqmbfg
Profile Joined January 2012
17 Posts
January 23 2012 02:15 GMT
#327
it's more of a mental thing. you listen to your favorite stuff, making you feel less stressed and more comfortable. i listen to anything when playing, it just makes me more confident and at peace.
Keyboard Warrior
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1178 Posts
January 23 2012 02:22 GMT
#328
If Im just starting, I listen to zen soothing music.
If im on at least a 2 game win streak, I try to amp it a bit with heavy metal to keep up with the intensity
I stop playing after losing 2x or 3x, relax a bit, and then restart again.

Music is important to my moon in playing!
Not your regular Keyboard Warrior ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nibbler89
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
884 Posts
January 23 2012 02:32 GMT
#329
On January 23 2012 11:22 Keyboard Warrior wrote:
If Im just starting, I listen to zen soothing music.
!


+ Show Spoiler +

Before I start every time .


NGF
Profile Joined November 2011
Finland30 Posts
July 17 2012 15:09 GMT
#330
When i play zerg, i personally like to listen this
Try it out!

User was warned for this post
Taeja - MKP - PartinG - Stephano - Grubby - Mvp
Prime Directive
Profile Joined December 2011
United States186 Posts
July 17 2012 15:58 GMT
#331
K-pop and dubstep? Sigh...

Personally I listen to a mixture of rap and rolling stones based pandora
reincremate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China2216 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 16:42:23
July 17 2012 16:01 GMT
#332
Listen to something really annoying so you can rage harder against your opponent.

On July 18 2012 00:58 Prime Directive wrote:
K-pop and dubstep? Sigh...

Personally I listen to a mixture of rap and rolling stones based pandora

I think your clearly vastly superior musical taste justifies your condescension. /sarcasm
Silencioseu
Profile Joined June 2011
Cyprus493 Posts
July 17 2012 16:57 GMT
#333
When i hear music while i play it's more likely thati get distracted and i start autopilot, and playing poorly while i see myself simply getting stomped while enjoying good music. I'm Terran and i like listening to DnB because it's a more repetitive genre
and the beats are fast increasing my adrenaline while not distracting me too much. But hey DnB is my fav genre so i might be biased, as well as the rest 99% who voted.
i kno i r badass no need to repeat
Faent
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada94 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 17:09:47
July 17 2012 17:09 GMT
#334
I feel like there should be an option on the poll for music adversely affecting play. I play worse when I listen to music, but usually at LANs I need to blare music so that I can block out my surroundings. I'd much prefer to play in a quiet room with no music, and just concentrate on the game as much as possible.

But when I do need to listen to music, I listen to happy and upbeat tunes - anything that might help prevent me from getting any mad or negative feelings while playing. Aside from tilting, I want to have fun, not get mad and stressed about my hobby. It's also near impossible to do any meaningful learning after games while angry.
Swift118
Profile Joined January 2012
United Kingdom335 Posts
July 17 2012 17:14 GMT
#335
I play mostly music from video games such as C&C soundtrack, SC1 soundtrack, FF7, Street Fighter 2, pretty much OST's from all game genres but mostly previous RTS titles. When im not listening to that it will probably be heavy metal or old school jungle. Something with a bit of pace and aggression to it. Terran player.
ImbaTosS
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United Kingdom1733 Posts
July 17 2012 17:23 GMT
#336
At the moment, I'm all about "classical" music (sorry, I just resent the term), as I find that many other things actually overhype me. They make me play faster than I can actually play well, and shit.
EleGant[AoV]
stew_
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada239 Posts
July 17 2012 17:35 GMT
#337
i've missed my share of nydus in the main due to listening to music... been playing with no music for a while now
자연속에 내가 있다! 운!지!
Shilliwippen
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden57 Posts
July 17 2012 17:46 GMT
#338
Play Terran, listen to dubstep, Multi-task ur ass off!

Works every time!
"If it ain't broke, dont fix it!"
Aterons_toss
Profile Joined February 2011
Romania1275 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 17:57:41
July 17 2012 17:50 GMT
#339
I saw zergs had the least votes when it game to the fugly K pop shit and i suddenly felt ashamed it wasn't protoss, but than i saw 2nd for zerg is dubstep and i became happy again, even more happier after i saw protoss are leading on jazz
I for one like to listen to the "classics" of rock/jazz/blues/folk/metal kind of music ( the stones, dylan, Louis A, Maiden, ACDC... you name them ) and recently a shit lot of music from the baroque period ( Vivaldi, Bach, Frideric... etc )
A good strategy means leaving your opponent room to make mistakes
Cyclone999
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada331 Posts
July 17 2012 17:54 GMT
#340
Kpop, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Sonic, The World Ends With You. That sums it up, basically

Masters terran
It's been workin for me :D
16 year old Masters Terran :D
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 319
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32607
Calm 6777
Rain 1775
Bisu 1679
Jaedong 692
FanTaSy 584
Horang2 557
BeSt 390
Rush 334
Stork 302
[ Show more ]
Soma 243
Zeus 193
Larva 156
Light 138
Free 125
Snow 120
ZerO 104
Mind 99
910 83
Barracks 75
Mong 74
Pusan 64
Killer 57
Sea.KH 49
Hyun 41
ToSsGirL 35
NaDa 33
Shinee 29
Sexy 23
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 18
sorry 18
Terrorterran 18
Noble 14
Sacsri 7
Icarus 1
Dota 2
Gorgc6738
Counter-Strike
fl0m2888
olofmeister1027
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King93
Other Games
gofns34203
singsing2113
B2W.Neo719
Lowko284
crisheroes277
hiko237
RotterdaM57
ZerO(Twitch)5
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2922
• Jankos2823
• TFBlade222
Other Games
• WagamamaTV179
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 12m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 12m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.