• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:52
CEST 00:52
KST 07:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9245 users

Listening to music while playing - Page 12

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 18 Next All
TheTurk
Profile Joined January 2011
United States732 Posts
January 08 2012 01:37 GMT
#221
Dubstep is the key to unlocking a Zerg's fullest potential.
No exaggeration, it is by far the best.
Skrillex in particular gets me more in the zone than anything, and to an astonishing degree.
I'm a Diamond Zerg, but with dubstep on I beat my mid-Masters friends all the time.
Hard to believe, but it's really crazy.
Starcraft is a lifestyle.
Mafs
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada458 Posts
January 08 2012 01:40 GMT
#222
How about the music Blizzard gives us in game? I don't really notice a difference because the music fades out in the background when I'm playing. When I am listening to fast angry music it increases my APM by a good 5-10 points through out the game.
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
January 08 2012 02:23 GMT
#223
I listen to my random playlist on itunes, it contains mostly trance and old dubstep, not skrillex type dubstep where it just goes WOBWOBWOB dubstep like this


I also like to listen to psytrance/psychill like this


but I mean I don't have a particular playlist that I like to listen to while playing SC2 I just put my itunes on randomize and listen to what comes on.
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
SnipedSoul
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada2158 Posts
January 08 2012 02:24 GMT
#224
I like the ingame music because it's ambient and doesn't distract me. I can't play while listening to my regular music because a cool guitar solo or drum beat starts playing and I instantly turn into a bronze leaguer.
CrazyCow
Profile Joined August 2010
United States308 Posts
January 08 2012 02:24 GMT
#225
I listen to a playlist of assorted kpop, alternative, and stuff like Ratatat + paper diamond.
GWBuffalo
Profile Joined January 2011
United States234 Posts
January 08 2012 02:25 GMT
#226
I always found music distracting until I tried mass gaming sessions for the first time. I found that after the 4th or 5th hour, I was going insane--raging at every loss, just going ape-shit. So I decided to start listening while I play, and it really helped. I think it might actually be a little distracting, but it helps you take the game way less seriously, which is something I really needed. Now I always want music while I play. It just really helps take the edge off.
insourcecertainty
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States142 Posts
January 08 2012 02:29 GMT
#227
I always keep LRB loaded in grooveshark, I got 6 albums in there.
anonymitylol
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada4477 Posts
January 08 2012 02:33 GMT
#228
My SC2 playlist is kinda weird. It's got some of everything: RJD2, Robyn, Usher, Dream Theater, SOAD, Styx, Boston, Wu Tang, Notorious B.I.G., Miley Cyrus, Nero, Daft Punk, etc.

I'm weird.
gold on my wrist phone in my pocket
Wolf
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Korea (South)3290 Posts
January 08 2012 02:33 GMT
#229
I listen to all kinds of music when I play and the volume level really affects me. But it isn't consistent. Sometimes if the music is too quiet I become too relaxed but often if the volume is too loud I cannot focus. Varies so much on mood for ne.
Commentatorhttp://twitter.com/proxywolf
TL+ Member
UniversalMind
Profile Joined March 2011
United States326 Posts
January 08 2012 03:15 GMT
#230
you don't have my category, but Uplifting Trance has been my go to music for gaming since I started playing counter strike. IMO works good no matter what race you play



yiNyO
Profile Joined February 2011
132 Posts
January 08 2012 03:18 GMT
#231
starcraft:broodwar terran theme 1-3
megapants
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1314 Posts
January 08 2012 03:23 GMT
#232
music can help me play at a certain pace. keeps me from getting too lax. however i do like to listen to classical and jazz while playing as it can be both intense but relaxing at any given moment.

stuff like 1812 overture can start playing at like the most incredible moments in any given game hahaha
Sajaki
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada1135 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-08 03:28:41
January 08 2012 03:26 GMT
#233
Kpop Rap electronica (duuuuuuuuuubstep!)

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIFDytbCLPs



My absolute favorite track. Thanks for posting reminded me of my QL days <3

Inno pls...
RogerX
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
New Zealand3180 Posts
January 08 2012 03:26 GMT
#234
I listen to state of the game while I play LoL,

it distracts me. :D
Stick it up. take it up. step aside and see the world
Doovad
Profile Joined November 2011
United States22 Posts
January 08 2012 23:30 GMT
#235
On January 08 2012 12:18 yiNyO wrote:
starcraft:broodwar terran theme 1-3


This guy knows what's up. The terran themes are those ones that standout big time.
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
January 08 2012 23:32 GMT
#236
I was pretty sure I thought what everyone did. These poll results surprise me!

Terran = Kpop

Zerg = Dubstep

Protoss = Metal/Hardcore

-_- I thought it was pretty black and white.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
January 08 2012 23:35 GMT
#237
I actually found myself playing worse when having music in the background.
It's sad because i love music.. but i can see the difference a lot in my play.
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Venerac
Profile Joined December 2010
United States201 Posts
January 08 2012 23:35 GMT
#238
I listen to K-pop cause I try to be as close to Korean as I can, haha
Proud listener of "Starcast: The Starcraft Podcast". SlayerS_BoxeR//White-Ra//djWHEAT <3<3
dUTtrOACh
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada2339 Posts
January 08 2012 23:42 GMT
#239
I haven't noticed any particular correlation between race performance based on the genre of music I was listening to. I have found, however, that terrible music does not inspire my best play.
twitch.tv/duttroach
Br3ezy
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States720 Posts
January 08 2012 23:47 GMT
#240
i don't either, but I certainly enjoy it. I have been listening to tiesto, armin van buuren, gareth emery, and handz up artists too
Check out my guide to mechanics http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=319876
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 8m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 128
Nathanias 80
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 583
910 27
MaD[AoV]24
Bale 13
League of Legends
JimRising 637
Counter-Strike
Fnx 624
minikerr5
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox509
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4442
Other Games
summit1g8742
shahzam294
C9.Mang0250
Trikslyr33
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV233
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
Other Games
gamesdonequick0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21420
Other Games
• imaqtpie841
• Shiphtur768
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
1h 8m
Patches Events
17h 8m
The PondCast
1d 11h
INu's Battles
1d 12h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 23h
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.