• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:16
CEST 22:16
KST 05:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20268Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8918 users

Dreamhack Valencia Sv.Streaminfo - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Firewood
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden49 Posts
September 14 2011 09:33 GMT
#81
On September 14 2011 17:51 Tryxtira wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 14 2011 17:12 Firewood wrote:
On September 14 2011 16:58 Tryxtira wrote:
On September 14 2011 15:50 Firewood wrote:
I would love to pay for it but not when it has anything to do with Aftonbladet. It's the biggest crap news paper in Sweden (the world?). Aftonbladet is not in it for the love of e-sport, they are looking for ways to make money.

It's sad that this post got made because it will make Aftonbladet look like a cool news paper when it's not. So fuck Aftonbladet and everything it stands for, no sane swede reads it.


So what you are actually saying is that you do not want people to make money out of e-sports?


No I wasn't? I really don't see the logics in that.

Let me make it easier for all of you who like to paint your own picture, I don't want Aftonbladet to make money off anything, they are a bad company, that I don't support.



I think it's a silly stand-point. Your hatred for a news paper that with this recent decision support supposedly big love of yours. I don't see the logic in not supporting a big, powerful news paper who has decided to support e-sports. It doesn't make any sense. You can at least support that Aftonbladet has decided to make an investment in e-sports, but you don't and your biggest argument seems to be that they are evil. I just don't see how a paper can be evil by default.


Are you retarded? Because retarded people can make anything happen. I never said it was evil, where did you get that from? I think what they do is crap. Lesser educated white trash people might like the gossip like news that AB brings to the table, but i don't.

I don't like AB and if I can get the same content withouth having anything to do with them why wouldn't I?


And please stop making up shit, you did it twice already.
‪┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Alvar
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden61 Posts
September 14 2011 12:50 GMT
#82
On September 14 2011 17:49 Fayfay wrote:
The Aftonbladet hate in this thread is hillarious, and I'm pretty sure the most vocal "haters" are Expressen readers. Expressen is the exact same shit as aftonbladet, but with a right-wing twist on things.

Why would anyone read either of them?
Magenta
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden113 Posts
September 14 2011 13:45 GMT
#83
Thank all of you who have paid!

Like i stated before, We at Amok are responsible for the StarCraft2-streams and interviews and Aftonbladet contracts us. Do you not watch GSL just cause pepsi drain water from Indian villages? Everything about AB is not agreeable but esport don't exist without sponsors. I pay for almost every tournament I watch because I know how manny people work with esport without getting paid. Someone need to invest money. This time its aftonbladet.

In the end i think you got to choose - sponsors that you don't always agree with, or no growth in esports.
only ever make splendid impressions or awful ones, the rest are forgotten
Magenta
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden113 Posts
September 14 2011 13:50 GMT
#84
On September 14 2011 03:25 busbarn wrote:
Loved the interviews at the last invitational, also like your work with SVT.

I think I can afford to pay 1kr for this



Thank you! awesome to hear!
My day9-interview was the best thing I have ever done <3 he's such a nice guy.
only ever make splendid impressions or awful ones, the rest are forgotten
teumas
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden280 Posts
September 14 2011 14:42 GMT
#85
Bought it! I don't give a flying poodle who the sponsor is, if they provide me with aweosme esports I pay!
Pandinus
Profile Joined June 2011
Sweden29 Posts
September 14 2011 20:30 GMT
#86
At the end of the day.People do what they want with their money. Telling someone to do it for E-sports is a pretty lame argument.
Patriot.dlk
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
Sweden5462 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 09:17:31
September 17 2011 09:16 GMT
#87
You better be able to pay with a text or this is absurd. Articles about sc2 just keep on popping up and they are not terrible. Gotta respect aftonbladets sports section, always been considered strong and now esports (all though they don't place it with sports)

edit: it's a first month deal for their "aftonbladet plus" deal. I don't want that deal even if they pay me
Sobba
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden576 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 09:22:26
September 17 2011 09:21 GMT
#88
On September 13 2011 07:04 Eee wrote:
Everybody from Sweden should be supporting this no matter what, 1 kr is nothing.
If you're Swedish and not buying the 1 kr pass you're killing esport.



"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO0xspHN0Vw"

And im doing my part! Just got Plus for 1kr.
drdreggor
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden207 Posts
September 17 2011 09:29 GMT
#89
Yep bought it! Gonna cancel subscription after 1 month though a lot of people read aftonbladet online or the paper, supporting this means that they will be motivated to continue cover esports, which may eventually be more normalized and appealing to the "everyday" people.
Wake up Mr. Freeman, wake up and smell the ashes.
Jiddra
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2685 Posts
September 17 2011 09:44 GMT
#90
On September 17 2011 18:29 drdreggor wrote:
Yep bought it! Gonna cancel subscription after 1 month though a lot of people read aftonbladet online or the paper, supporting this means that they will be motivated to continue cover esports, which may eventually be more normalized and appealing to the "everyday" people.


Will do the same. To get the exclusive esport content is fine, but I'm not interested in the rest of the content provided by this subscription option. I have no need to pay for "Learn who is the most well payed man over 50 in your state" or "Learn 10 pro tips to get the washboard stomach before beach 2012" etc.

I am not young enough to know everything.
BertiliO
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden134 Posts
September 17 2011 09:47 GMT
#91
On September 14 2011 18:03 Tehs Tehklz wrote:
List of assets owned by News Corporation (Fox News)

These include: Hulu, IGN, the FX cable channel and 20th Century Fox - you know, these guys.

So, none of you people should ever watch Star Wars, Die Hard, Alien, Planet of the Apes, Home Alone, Predator, the Simpsons, Family Guy, or X-Men ever again and that is only a tiny, tiny selection of everything you'd have to boycott to avoid giving Rupert Murdoch money. You've got some serious research to do. Have fun!

Anyway....

Show nested quote +
This count's as a subscription though so if you do not want to subscribe to Aftonbladet PLUS you need to UNSUBSCRIBE as soon as you've paid the initial 1 kr.


That is one reason why it is so cheap: they are hoping you don't realize it is a subscription or forget to cancel it and end up paying them more money. Pretty crappy, in my mind, but showing them that StarCraft 2 is a profitable market to be exploited is really in everyone's best interests here, unless you're one of those people who only likes things until they are popular. In which case, you can just go right ahead and screw yourself, anyway.




Ty for a great post, I agree 100%
+1
Dataleif
Profile Joined February 2008
Sweden252 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-17 09:56:01
September 17 2011 09:49 GMT
#92
will they bother me about continuing this aftonbladet+ thing after the first month if I pay this? I would gladly pay for this event but I want to have nothing to do with any other aftonbladet+ related thing.

edit: Just payed and unsubscribed a moment ago and it went smoothly. Payed with a code from an sms
kardinal
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden154 Posts
September 17 2011 09:59 GMT
#93
Same, simple enough. Listed "more starcraft" as the reason when I unsubscribed. Hoping enough people do it to get aftonbladet to pay more attention to starcraft coverage.
DennizR
Profile Joined May 2007
Sweden653 Posts
September 17 2011 10:05 GMT
#94
The whole Aftonbladet Plus thing is pretty bad imo. E-sport/Sc2 fans will pay the 1kr and perhaps the 30kr for some following events, but most normal users do not have Plus, so even though a mainstream newspaper is covering it, it wont reach the mainstream audience in the same way :/ Wish they'd keep it free just so it wouldn't halt the expansion of sc2.
Zalman
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden65 Posts
September 17 2011 10:25 GMT
#95
Hmm, should I or shouldn't I sell my soul to the Devil for 1kr?
So hard to decide!

Aftonbladet is 1 of the shittiest papers ever but at the same time I want to show support when a mainstream paper invests in Sc2.
venage
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden65 Posts
September 17 2011 10:29 GMT
#96
Well since they are going for a more in-depth coverage this time I gladly give my 1kr for a glimpse of it even if it ends with me just switching stream to the DH one.
Longshank
Profile Joined March 2010
1648 Posts
September 17 2011 10:48 GMT
#97
On September 17 2011 19:25 Zalman wrote:
Hmm, should I or shouldn't I sell my soul to the Devil for 1kr?
So hard to decide!

Aftonbladet is 1 of the shittiest papers ever but at the same time I want to show support when a mainstream paper invests in Sc2.


Honestly, no it's not. The Aftonbladet hate in this thread is just silly and unwarranted. It's the cool thing to do though these days so I'm not surprised.

No I don't read Aftonbladet regularly, i get most of my news from DN/teh intrawebz, but I sometimes do due to some of their excellent comlumnists. Wolfgang Hansson and Staffan Heimersson are teo excellent writers and as I'm a big football fan, I appreciate the two best football journalists in Sweden bar none, Erik Niva and Simon Bank. No one delivers such insightful and deep coverage as Erik Niva, a rare gem in todays sport coverage.

My point is, there is great content in Aftonbladet if you can see past the average tabloid BS.

And comparing it to Fox or something is way off, Fox sucks mostly because the strong political bias, AB got very little of that. Compare it to The Sun or something instead.
Traveller
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden21 Posts
September 17 2011 11:16 GMT
#98
On September 17 2011 19:48 Longshank wrote:
Fox sucks mostly because the strong political bias, AB got very little of that. Compare it to The Sun or something instead.


You're telling me Aftonbladet is not politically biased..?
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
September 17 2011 11:32 GMT
#99
Can't watch the HuK interview, wtf?
(Yes I've bought "Aftonbladet+")
kardinal
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden154 Posts
September 17 2011 11:49 GMT
#100
_All_ major swedish newspapers have a political bias, your point?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 611
ProTech144
Nina 78
JuggernautJason57
RuFF_SC2 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23256
Calm 2599
Mini 153
Dewaltoss 107
firebathero 101
soO 51
Bale 33
HiyA 25
PianO 14
Sacsri 5
Dota 2
Gorgc7467
XaKoH 288
monkeys_forever112
canceldota24
League of Legends
Doublelift2326
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1550
fl0m1287
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu790
Other Games
summit1g1967
FrodaN1772
Beastyqt606
B2W.Neo345
mouzStarbuck343
shahzam322
ToD202
Livibee180
C9.Mang0136
Trikslyr111
RotterdaM101
UpATreeSC91
Mew2King45
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1088
• Shiphtur737
• WagamamaTV244
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 59m
Replay Cast
2h 44m
OSC
1d 2h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 13h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 20h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 22h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.