• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8753 users

Moletrap's casting for gom 'long term' - Page 61

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 78 Next
KDot2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States1213 Posts
January 27 2012 13:51 GMT
#1201

I enjoyed Moletrap and Wolf for the first of the up and down matches

maybe Moletrap just had a bad day for GSTL ?
SonOfBoxer
Profile Joined December 2011
Korea (South)62 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 13:56:32
January 27 2012 13:55 GMT
#1202
Moletrap has improved A LOT. I think he heard the appeals of the community, and now he is one of the funniest casters to watch. He needs to improve his game knowledge and game sense, but for that, he is pretty awesome.

As for Khaldor, I think it's a shame that GomTV still keeps him, and he is the main reason I haven't bought a ticket so far this year.

EDIT: grammar/spelling
No Pain, No Gain.
zerglingrodeo
Profile Joined September 2010
United States910 Posts
January 27 2012 14:05 GMT
#1203
On January 27 2012 22:33 Shikyo wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 27 2012 22:02 zerglingrodeo wrote:
I really think that Khaldor is the best they have ever had besides Tastosis. It is really too bad that they do not have a good cocaster to go with him right now.

However, I do think that Moletrap has been improving a ton. Give him a little more time, and I think that Khaldor/Moletrap will be a great casting team.

You've got to realize he's been commentating for almost 5 years now. He's not going to suddenly improve in the casting department. Yes, his game knowledge might improve, but his casting won't improve in just a few months if he's not improved at all in the 5 years he's been casting for.


I disagree completely.

Yes, I know he has been casting for a while. I saw his stuff from the BW days. However, I disagree with both the claim that (1) he hasn't improved and the claim that (2) the fact that he hasn't (remarkably) improved his casting in the last 5 years entails that he will not.

Regarding (1), if you watch his casts when he first started in the GSL, they contained a lot more painfully failed attempts at humor, egregious misinterpretations of the games, and poor chemistry with his casting partner. Regarding (2), he is in a different situation now than he has been for the past 5 years. Now he is casting for the best tournament in the world. This will provide significantly more pressure to improve than he has faced in the past.
"This is how philosophers should salute one another: 'Take your time!'' - Wittgenstein
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 27 2012 14:07 GMT
#1204
After 1 year being a caster moletrap hasn't improved enough. Him and KellyMilkies are not good enough for me.
The solo black and white stream casters from MLG are 10x better than moletrap.

I just don't like awkward casters. The second I am thinking "WTF am I hearing", the quality of the casting is terrible for me.
I had a good night of sleep.
KawaiiRice
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States2914 Posts
January 27 2012 14:08 GMT
#1205
please stop screaming into the mic. Literally once a battle seems to be coming its like I'm starting a sick rollercoaster of deafening noise that only stops when the battle does.
Holy christ.

gl
@KawaiiRiceLighT
frucisky
Profile Joined September 2010
Singapore2170 Posts
January 27 2012 14:20 GMT
#1206
On January 27 2012 23:07 Koshi wrote:
After 1 year being a caster moletrap hasn't improved enough. Him and KellyMilkies are not good enough for me.
The solo black and white stream casters from MLG are 10x better than moletrap.

I just don't like awkward casters. The second I am thinking "WTF am I hearing", the quality of the casting is terrible for me.

He makes really awkward jokes as well. Stuff that other people really don't want to follow-up because its that stupid. Today somebody was doing a 1-1-1 all-in and he was asking khaldor to slowly count how many rax, factories and starports they were.

I think he's decent play-by-play and does better solo than paired. But if he is paired rly needs to put him with Wolf or another knowledgeable caster.
<3 DongRaeGu <3
RicochetSEA
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Australia31 Posts
January 27 2012 14:27 GMT
#1207
Gotta say it's hard enough commentating on streams. Even harder when you're live with thousands of people watching.
I think Moletrap needs to take in the input he gets from the community and work on his casting.
ScaryGhost
Profile Joined May 2011
49 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 14:33:17
January 27 2012 14:32 GMT
#1208
As if I didn't hate his casting enough, he went ahead and trolled the shit out of kaldor on stream. Why the FUCK would you do that to someone you work with, it was just dumb and mean.
Park Soo Ho I love you!
dala
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden477 Posts
January 27 2012 14:38 GMT
#1209
Please guys, these guys are humans with feelings too. Be respectful and constructive in your critique!

After reading the comments here I went and checked out the free first game. I don't think that neither of them did especially bad today. Good, solid casting.
turamn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1374 Posts
January 27 2012 14:39 GMT
#1210
Today's GSTL cast with Khaldor was one of the worst casts I have ever seen. Obnoxious shouting....I mean, I understand you are trying to convey excitement, but when your voice is cracking and it's pushing the treble levels of my speakers to a new boundary, it might be a bit much.

He also comes off very condescending at times, which is very rude and I really can't believe Khaldor hasn't stomped his goofy ass on camera.

It's very confusing as to why GOM kept him and let DoA leave. I can only hope that DoA left of his own volition because he wanted to be back in America with his wife.
Zor222
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United Kingdom88 Posts
January 27 2012 14:42 GMT
#1211
Moletrap's doing great. Fine, if you don't like his voice, he can't change that. But people who say he hasn't improved his game knowledge just haven't paid enough attention. He's no Artosis thats for sure, but at least his passion and his desire to improve is clear - something that people blindly ignore when fawning over people like Tasteless. Stop applying double standards.
My actual TL id is Elric... but I lost login access... :(
JoeAWESOME
Profile Joined February 2011
Sweden1080 Posts
January 27 2012 14:43 GMT
#1212
Moletrap is okey. The only problem I have with the Code A casters is the ZvZ games. They often miss the actual pool timing and that is huge some times. It's a big deal if the Z is doing a 10 pool or a standard 14 pool and the Code A castsers and casters in general often miss this timing. + Moletrap gets a bit too excited sometimes in ZvZ !

Beside that, awesome!
Simply Awesome! - Liquid'Ret - NSHoSeo_Seal - coLMVP_DRG - EG_Idra - Fnatic.NightEnd
turamn
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States1374 Posts
January 27 2012 14:47 GMT
#1213
On January 27 2012 23:42 Zor222 wrote:
Moletrap's doing great. Fine, if you don't like his voice, he can't change that. But people who say he hasn't improved his game knowledge just haven't paid enough attention. He's no Artosis thats for sure, but at least his passion and his desire to improve is clear - something that people blindly ignore when fawning over people like Tasteless. Stop applying double standards.


It has nothing to do with any of that stuff. He is condescending and screams obnoxiously. Game knowledge you can fix, so whatever. That kind of stuff changes with the game as it evolves anyway, so whatever. He really needs to stop being a dick.
Jinsho
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3101 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 15:05:26
January 27 2012 15:01 GMT
#1214
I watched Code A today, and I really did not like the level of casting. I prefer analytical casters who can tell me what long-term choices the players are making, what assumptions they are making based on their scouting, and how their strategy is going to play out over the course of the game. Not people who describe what I can already see, like "now he builds a barracks, now he builds a banshee, OOOOOOOOOOOOOH the banshee is killing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 scvs, OOOOOHHHHHHHHHH".

EDIT: Another thing that I don't feel the current casters are able to do adequately is grasp and explain the outcome of engagements. Every engagement in SC2 is important, its result depending on positioning, unit numbers, upgrades, and overall strategy. I do not feel that merely describing the engagement itself without giving any thought to its long-term effect is enough. At least they should say who's ahead and why.

I had the impression that often the casters just did not actually know who won an engagement. Sometimes they state one thing, but five seconds later it's the exact opposite. It's not a proper commentary, it's a laugh track.
ishboh
Profile Joined October 2010
United States954 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 15:03:58
January 27 2012 15:03 GMT
#1215
Moletrap has always really been into starcraft. he brings a passion for the game into every cast, i think that not enough people know that he was putting out casts of BW games far before the release of sc2. and even did casts of BW after the release of sc2. he did it because he loved it, not because there was money in it, not because it gave him e-fame.

<3 moletrap, you really deserve this job.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
January 27 2012 15:10 GMT
#1216
Maybe I'm in the minority, but it is my opinion that as a Starcraft caster, the quality if casting is far more important than the passion you have for the game. Many people have passion for starcraft, it's not like it's a hugely scarce resource. Especially as the passion isn't properly conveyed and just feels fake most of the time.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Thyra
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany17 Posts
January 27 2012 15:22 GMT
#1217
i also enjoy analytical casting over passionate casting...

simple reason, if i wouldnt have the passion for the game, i wouldnt play it/watch streams, BUT as a normal gamer i might not have as much strategical knowlegde as casters like artosis because they dug into the game as deep as they can

as for other casters like khaldor i feel like their casting isnt "as good" simply because they r non-english native speakers, so they first gotta breach that barrier in language before they can actually show their ful potential

maybe they should just do the same thing that SC2 players do.... show replays to the pros and ask for help to improve
Paperplane
Profile Joined March 2011
Netherlands1823 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-27 15:51:12
January 27 2012 15:50 GMT
#1218
Just stop screaming please. Excitement is fine but yelling at such a high volume and pitch just hurts the ears.
AMAZING STORM is fine it doesn't have to be AMAZING STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM
Detwiler
Profile Joined June 2011
United States239 Posts
January 27 2012 15:54 GMT
#1219
Man I hope moletrap gets better. Thing is I know he can I used to listen to his BW casting years ago and he was pretty good. Maybe it because he could prepare for those casts instead of them being live. I dont know but he has it in him.
Tnerb
Profile Joined May 2010
United States141 Posts
January 27 2012 15:57 GMT
#1220
After finding out my yearly "premium" ticket for some reason doesn't include GSTL (greedy fucking GSL bastards) I was on the verge of purchasing a season ticket anyway but then I decided to check and make sure it was tastosis casting so I load up the first vod fast forward through a bit and am greeted by moletrap. I was immediately happy that I decided to check before purchasing because there is no way I am paying extra after already buying their damn yearly ticket to watch such a fail caster.
Prev 1 59 60 61 62 63 78 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko355
ProTech124
SpeCial 114
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16268
firebathero 1937
Bisu 1274
Hyuk 660
Horang2 597
BeSt 310
Larva 237
Mini 231
EffOrt 190
Light 173
[ Show more ]
Soma 145
Leta 92
ZerO 92
Mong 82
Barracks 80
Rush 80
Snow 55
Pusan 52
Killer 47
Sea.KH 39
ToSsGirL 38
Sharp 34
zelot 32
NaDa 32
Shinee 32
Aegong 32
Mind 29
Yoon 24
Sexy 24
sorry 19
Bale 19
Sacsri 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
JulyZerg 11
Noble 9
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 398
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss894
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1151
Khaldor1019
Other Games
gofns34622
singsing2084
olofmeister1170
B2W.Neo285
Livibee122
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream236
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH143
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 20m
OSC
10h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 20m
Online Event
23h 20m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.