• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:30
CEST 08:30
KST 15:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8010 users

Dreamhack, 3 million unique views - Page 5

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
ffadicted
Profile Joined January 2011
United States3545 Posts
July 09 2011 15:51 GMT
#81
On July 10 2011 00:45 nihlon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 00:33 ffadicted wrote:
Yaaaaa, no way it's 3 million for just sc2 obviously. In fact I'm pretty sure LoL had the most of that, I'd honestly be shocked if sc2 had anything close to 100-150k unique.

Still cool to see though

Lol what? You think only 3 percent of the unique viewers watched SC2? I'd be shocked if that was the case.



Well most SC2 tournaments turn up around 50 - 70K viewers overall, and dreamhack had constant count of around that for most of the time, it's hard to believe that it would have any more than twice that amount in unique views. I'm just saying, if more than 150K people actually watched more than a full series/couple games at dreamhack for sc2, I would be surprised.
SooYoung-Noona!
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
July 09 2011 16:48 GMT
#82
3 million viewers is where business with a global market gets REALLY interested in screentime as player/team sponsors.. Pretty strong numbers coming out of Dreamhack now :o

E-sports fighting!
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
gladheateher1337
Profile Joined June 2011
164 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 16:50:27
July 09 2011 16:50 GMT
#83
the global esports-community is extremely huge...im not really surprised!
MaxField
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States2386 Posts
July 09 2011 16:51 GMT
#84
SO many people. I really hope that these numbers will soon be outdated and we can keep getting this higher and higher. Go Starcraft!!
"Zerg, so bad it loses to hydras" IdrA.
Nimic
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway1360 Posts
July 09 2011 16:54 GMT
#85
On July 10 2011 00:51 ffadicted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 00:45 nihlon wrote:
On July 10 2011 00:33 ffadicted wrote:
Yaaaaa, no way it's 3 million for just sc2 obviously. In fact I'm pretty sure LoL had the most of that, I'd honestly be shocked if sc2 had anything close to 100-150k unique.

Still cool to see though

Lol what? You think only 3 percent of the unique viewers watched SC2? I'd be shocked if that was the case.



Well most SC2 tournaments turn up around 50 - 70K viewers overall, and dreamhack had constant count of around that for most of the time, it's hard to believe that it would have any more than twice that amount in unique views. I'm just saying, if more than 150K people actually watched more than a full series/couple games at dreamhack for sc2, I would be surprised.


So you think MLG had more unique SC2 viewers than Dreamhack? Because they had something like 450k unique viewers over all three games, and I would be shocked if SC2 didn't bring in more than 1/3rd of that number.
WightyCity
Profile Joined May 2011
Canada887 Posts
July 09 2011 16:55 GMT
#86
time for g4 tech to broadcast tournaments
90% watching it 8% talking about it and 2% playing it - sc2
TheSilverfox
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden1928 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 17:01:37
July 09 2011 16:58 GMT
#87
On July 10 2011 00:51 ffadicted wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 00:45 nihlon wrote:
On July 10 2011 00:33 ffadicted wrote:
Yaaaaa, no way it's 3 million for just sc2 obviously. In fact I'm pretty sure LoL had the most of that, I'd honestly be shocked if sc2 had anything close to 100-150k unique.

Still cool to see though

Lol what? You think only 3 percent of the unique viewers watched SC2? I'd be shocked if that was the case.


Well most SC2 tournaments turn up around 50 - 70K viewers overall, and dreamhack had constant count of around that for most of the time, it's hard to believe that it would have any more than twice that amount in unique views. I'm just saying, if more than 150K people actually watched more than a full series/couple games at dreamhack for sc2, I would be surprised.


The official stats will come next week what I've heard but I can without a doubt say that your analysis is pretty much wrong. SC2 at DreamHack when you combine the streams peaked at over 100 000 Unique Viewers. + The final was broadcasted on SVT Play online.

It has already been confirmed that LoL had about 1.6-1.7 Million UV during the tournament and the rest of the games had what I've heard pretty much the same amount total. It's not a wild guess that SC2 has a huge portion of that viewership.

And also - what I and everyone else talk about is Unique Viewers and that does not take amount of time into consideration.

What I've heard the stats will be released next week - so if you don't believe me you can always wait for the official stats :D.
Also known as Joinsimon on Twitter/Reddit
Salteador Neo
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Andorra5591 Posts
July 09 2011 16:59 GMT
#88
Wow that's sick :D Yay for e-sports.
Revolutionist fan
Zorgaz
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden2951 Posts
July 09 2011 17:01 GMT
#89
Nice!! We can only hope for it to continue for many a years to come :D
Furthermore, I think the Collosi should be removed! (Zorgaz -Terran/AbrA-Random/Zorg-Dota2) Guineapigs <3
eqez
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden837 Posts
July 09 2011 17:19 GMT
#90
On July 10 2011 01:58 TheSilverfox wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2011 00:51 ffadicted wrote:
On July 10 2011 00:45 nihlon wrote:
On July 10 2011 00:33 ffadicted wrote:
Yaaaaa, no way it's 3 million for just sc2 obviously. In fact I'm pretty sure LoL had the most of that, I'd honestly be shocked if sc2 had anything close to 100-150k unique.

Still cool to see though

Lol what? You think only 3 percent of the unique viewers watched SC2? I'd be shocked if that was the case.


Well most SC2 tournaments turn up around 50 - 70K viewers overall, and dreamhack had constant count of around that for most of the time, it's hard to believe that it would have any more than twice that amount in unique views. I'm just saying, if more than 150K people actually watched more than a full series/couple games at dreamhack for sc2, I would be surprised.


The official stats will come next week what I've heard but I can without a doubt say that your analysis is pretty much wrong. SC2 at DreamHack when you combine the streams peaked at over 100 000 Unique Viewers. + The final was broadcasted on SVT Play online.

It has already been confirmed that LoL had about 1.6-1.7 Million UV during the tournament and the rest of the games had what I've heard pretty much the same amount total. It's not a wild guess that SC2 has a huge portion of that viewership.

And also - what I and everyone else talk about is Unique Viewers and that does not take amount of time into consideration.

What I've heard the stats will be released next week - so if you don't believe me you can always wait for the official stats :D.


Have SVT published any streaming stats?
palexhur
Profile Joined May 2010
Colombia730 Posts
July 09 2011 17:30 GMT
#91
How do you measure Unique Viewers? because if it is by the ip (I have a dinamic one), then I have been counted as a "unique" 20 times.
Batch
Profile Joined May 2010
Sweden692 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-07-09 19:20:01
July 09 2011 19:18 GMT
#92
On July 10 2011 02:30 palexhur wrote:
How do you measure Unique Viewers? because if it is by the ip (I have a dinamic one), then I have been counted as a "unique" 20 times.

To get the number of unique viewers they count IP addresses. It's not perfect as you mentioned since some people might have dynamic addresses but this is kind of negated by people watching the stream together.

Other things that might have bigger effect on the number is how they add the numbers from the different streams.

a) Do they count the unique viewers of all streams together?
I would have been counted as 1 viewer

b) Do they count the unique viewers from each stream separately and then add them up?
I would have been counted as ~10 viewers since I checked out most of the streams for a little while.

c) Do they count the unique viewers from OWN3D and Justin.tv separately and then add them up?
I would have been counted as 2 viewers since I opened up the LoL stream for 30 seconds to watch what all the fuss was about.
ribboo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1842 Posts
July 14 2011 17:25 GMT
#93
They've released some official numbers now.
http://files.dreamhack.se/dhs11/docs/dhs11_eventsummary_2.0.pdf
Finrod1
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany3997 Posts
July 14 2011 18:18 GMT
#94
Really really good overview. i think sponsors really like those numbers and attention
GxZ
Profile Joined April 2010
United States375 Posts
July 14 2011 18:21 GMT
#95
Druing the StarCraft2 final the amount of posts about HuK and Moon was 2240 posts/hour., thats like .62 posts a second
Sandro
Profile Joined April 2011
897 Posts
July 14 2011 18:22 GMT
#96
On July 15 2011 02:25 ribboo wrote:
They've released some official numbers now.
http://files.dreamhack.se/dhs11/docs/dhs11_eventsummary_2.0.pdf

I can't quite load this up, is it supposed to be a download?
ribboo
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden1842 Posts
July 14 2011 18:23 GMT
#97
On July 15 2011 03:22 Sandro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 15 2011 02:25 ribboo wrote:
They've released some official numbers now.
http://files.dreamhack.se/dhs11/docs/dhs11_eventsummary_2.0.pdf

I can't quite load this up, is it supposed to be a download?

you need a pdf reader. some browsers has it built in, others doesn't. so you might have to download it and open in adobe reader or similar. or download google chrome
unDef
Profile Joined June 2010
United States85 Posts
July 14 2011 18:24 GMT
#98
Wow, after reading that PDF.... SC2 Prize totals TRUMPED all the other games. That's awesome!
Excuse me wat
SecondChance
Profile Joined December 2010
Australia603 Posts
July 14 2011 18:32 GMT
#99
What amazes me is the amount of data that was streamed when there were nearly 50k viewers or so. Just the capability to stream how many gigabytes of video per second?

What sort of hardware / connection is needed for that? How much does it cost, who provides it. etc
I see the want to in your eyes.
taLbuk
Profile Joined April 2010
Madagascar1879 Posts
July 14 2011 18:32 GMT
#100
Damn, that pdf confirms the 1.7 unique viewers for League of Legends alone. No wonder, with those numbers maybe MLG's viewership wont look as little next to Dreamhack.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech148
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3261
Rain 1729
GuemChi 555
FanTaSy 442
sSak 52
Bale 31
Hm[arnc] 29
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm153
League of Legends
JimRising 628
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1142
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King225
Other Games
summit1g7976
WinterStarcraft662
KnowMe70
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick689
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki21
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2213
League of Legends
• Rush1014
• Lourlo999
• Stunt486
Other Games
• Shiphtur729
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 30m
INu's Battles
4h 30m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 30m
OSC
15h 45m
Replay Cast
16h 30m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.