• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:37
CEST 09:37
KST 16:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202615Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8889 users

NASL's TL LiveReports Threads Analytics

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 18:42:05
June 07 2011 01:24 GMT
#1
A bit fried from my MLG coverage, so won't have any analysis done for now. Just a project I worked on last week.
  • Source
  • spread sheet

[image loading]

[image loading]
[image loading]

[image loading]

[image loading]
[image loading]

Thank God and gunrun.
Jtom
Profile Joined January 2011
Ireland1044 Posts
June 07 2011 01:28 GMT
#2
Oh shit, that doesn't look good for NASL.
"Daddy, how did the Protossaurs go extinct?" "A giant EMP hit the earth" - Fionn
Count9
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
China10928 Posts
June 07 2011 01:29 GMT
#3
Wonder how playoffs will look, I'm expecting end of week one numbers
darthcaesar
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States475 Posts
June 07 2011 01:29 GMT
#4
doesn't look good, but that's a good representation of what I've personally experienced.
He is wisest who knows he does not know. | (┛OДO)┛彡┻━┻
Suc
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Australia1569 Posts
June 07 2011 01:30 GMT
#5
Interesting statistics, I thought NASL popularity was kicking up the past few weeks.

Also, I thought this was gonna be something about liver transplants over the internet thanks to the sidebar.
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 01:31:24
June 07 2011 01:30 GMT
#6
Wow, pretty powerful. Thats a very low attach rate and i'd have to imagine its due to the problems they suffered from in week 1. It would be interesting to see how other leagues like IPL or CSN events size up. Also the graphs may be a bit misleadings because people tend to post more when there are problems and dont say much if things are going ok. Day 1/2 was a constant stream of complains which probably affects those 2 peaks.
Zlasher
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States9129 Posts
June 07 2011 01:30 GMT
#7
Looks about right to me, its just such a long process, and most of the games dont' matter later on, to the point where we're just waiting for the actual playoff stage and then results will actually matter from game to game.

Good data collection though. Thanks for the help
Follow me: www.twitter.com/zlasher
MonsieurGrimm
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada2441 Posts
June 07 2011 01:31 GMT
#8
On June 07 2011 10:29 Count9 wrote:
Wonder how playoffs will look, I'm expecting end of week one numbers

yeah, the round robin play is sort of boring to me so I'll only tune in if I'm bored or a good matchup is on, but once the playoffs start I'll probably start paying much more attention
"60% of the time, it works - every time" - Brian Fantana on Double Reactors All The Way // "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
FlopTurnReaver
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
Switzerland1980 Posts
June 07 2011 01:31 GMT
#9
Well as long as the views on the stream are good..
Check out @MapOfTheMonth on Twitter and under http://bit.ly/motmorg
nekuodah
Profile Joined August 2010
England2409 Posts
June 07 2011 01:31 GMT
#10
Kinda expected this, alot of starting views because of the hype, then due to letdowns and failures in the first few weeks people dont tune back in, ontop of the fact its such a long process in group stage, im very confident they will get ALOT of views during the final week or two.
Helix
Profile Joined August 2010
United States35 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 01:33:42
June 07 2011 01:33 GMT
#11
I hope they can start pulling better numbers D:
Hawkke
Profile Joined January 2011
United States41 Posts
June 07 2011 01:33 GMT
#12
I enjoy it more now then in Day 1 though, so how is "enjoyment" measured.
Blackrobe
Profile Joined August 2010
United States806 Posts
June 07 2011 01:33 GMT
#13
Sounds about right, everyone I know has stopped caring about NASL until the on site finals.
"To make no mistakes is not in the power of man; but from their errors and mistakes the wise and good learn wisdom for the future."
Mobius_1
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2763 Posts
June 07 2011 01:34 GMT
#14
Anyone feels a bit overwhelmed by sheer amount of Starcraft games? I watched some NASL when it was new, mixed in some IPL, but now I pretty much only watch the GSL and special events like MLG.

I mean, for a typical football (soccer) fan, it's one match a week for the favourite team and that's about it. Following SC2 means 4 BO3 a day of GSL, and almost endless NASL/IPL/Other tourneys/Youtube games/Streams/Dailies/TL.

I like the tourney, NASL, I like your ambition, but I just don't have the time.
Starleague Forever. RIP KT Violet~
flowSthead
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
1065 Posts
June 07 2011 01:35 GMT
#15
Well week 8 looks bad, but you have to keep in mind that MLG was the same weekend as three of the week 8 days. Plus, I imagine a lot of people watch the VODs and don't catch it live. I wonder how that factors in, since it is unlikely they will go to a live report thread having watched the VODs days later.
"You can be creative but I will crush it under the iron fist of my conservative play." - Liquid`Tyler █ MVP ■ MC ■ Boxer ■ Grubby █
Ryalnos
Profile Joined July 2010
United States1946 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-06-07 01:38:14
June 07 2011 01:36 GMT
#16
Half of the last week was streamed during MLG, so you can't put much stock in it.

...as flowSthead has apparently already said.

It usually has been pulling in ~10k viewers on justin.tv on a daily basis.
Takkara
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States2503 Posts
June 07 2011 01:37 GMT
#17
I just can't follow NASL anymore. I know for the first couple weeks I moved my schedule around to watch as many nights as I could. Then I only turned in for the matches I cared about. Now I just make sure to check the spoilers before I go to bed.

Just way too much SC on to stay invested in it throughout the whole process. Sometimes less is more. I still like NASL and wish them the best. This is purely my personal opinion.
Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby
Dingobloo
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Australia1903 Posts
June 07 2011 01:37 GMT
#18
Week 9 Day 1 is the only one that really stands out for me, launches usually gather disproportional attention (see: game/movie launches) and then it stabilized at a level more representative of the number of viewers who want to watch a starcraft tournament with daily games. The more recent dip might be a clash with a different event though.
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
June 07 2011 01:39 GMT
#19
Since HQ subscribers have access to NASL VODs, you'd really have to have those viewer numbers to know whether people have stopped watching or just shifted their attention to the VODs.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
TheAuditor
Profile Joined February 2011
United States136 Posts
June 07 2011 01:40 GMT
#20
NASL Consistently gets 10-18k viewers and then I've seen as high as 13k viewers during the European showtimes.

Does the data include the european airing, or are these not views, but thread views, which really isn't indicative of NASLs success, there is correlation but not necessarily.

I often watch NASL on NASL.tv or Justin.tv and I also watch the vods every once in awhile of matches that I missed.
1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 15h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3711
Soma 162
Rush 143
Mong 86
Killer 80
ToSsGirL 79
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss7
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King135
Other Games
summit1g7866
WinterStarcraft578
ceh9492
Happy323
olofmeister252
Sick161
dupreeh0
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2259
League of Legends
• Stunt448
Other Games
• Shiphtur662
Upcoming Events
OSC
15h 23m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 2h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 9h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 11h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.