• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:06
CEST 17:06
KST 00:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War525.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8152 users

Dreamhack invites HuK, MKP, Jinro, Anypro, and more - Page…

Forum Index > SC2 General
333 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 17 Next All
skullhoof
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (North)835 Posts
May 20 2011 16:35 GMT
#221
On May 21 2011 01:30 Scriptix wrote:
Hmm interesting choice of Anypro, I think another (better) Korean Protoss would should have been chosen. Either way Anypro is really good so I hope he does well. MKP is going to be in it, thats really exciting to see, I want him of all people to do well and prove to everyone he is an amazing player. Dreamhack is going to be exciting all around, can't wait to see the matchs!


Because anypro is in prime and he can go together with MKP. Anypro is doing well in GSL too.
Polt was right about luck
The Final Boss
Profile Joined February 2011
United States1839 Posts
May 20 2011 16:37 GMT
#222
I would laugh so hard is MarineKing came in second. That would just be absolutely brutal.
dunc
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands1105 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 16:37:25
May 20 2011 16:37 GMT
#223
I like Huk but this anyPro hate is unnecessary, he's easily better than Huk and has proven so..
alch
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada17 Posts
May 20 2011 16:37 GMT
#224
On May 21 2011 01:37 The Final Boss wrote:
I would laugh so hard is MarineKing came in second. That would just be absolutely brutal.



Hahah I would love it.
DaCruise
Profile Joined July 2010
Denmark2457 Posts
May 20 2011 16:40 GMT
#225
There are 10+ players in this lineup who could all take the win. Impossible to predict who will win atm. It all comes down to preparation and the shape of the players when it starts.
If Strelok can continue his sick play he has a good chance imo.
skullhoof
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (North)835 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 16:41:01
May 20 2011 16:40 GMT
#226
On May 21 2011 01:29 CrimsnDragn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 01:19 skullhoof wrote:
On May 21 2011 01:11 CrimsnDragn wrote:
that's awesome. however, idk why they keep inviting huk, he kinda sucks...


Huk is code S and he beaten MMA with 4Gate and he wears a Liquid Shirt. Top 3 control in the world but I don't know who's the other two. And you think he kinda suck? Serious? He in team liquid mind you.


idk if you're trolling but lol. 4gate, quite an accomplishment, top 3 control? that's a joke. did you watch his pvp in the up downs? horrendous. and being teamliquid doesnt mean we have to be soft spoken and pretend to not notice their players' short comings.


You should also check out his accomplishments after joining team liquid in the liquidedia. He won so many events.
Polt was right about luck
Tryxtira
Profile Joined November 2010
Sweden572 Posts
May 20 2011 16:48 GMT
#227
I just love seeing Koreans play offline in Europe and NA! The last spot has to go to Boxer though, since he couldn't show up for Invitational due to being hospitalized!
Deindar
Profile Joined May 2010
United States302 Posts
May 20 2011 16:53 GMT
#228
I'm a little surprised (disappointed?) that Happy got an invite, but I haven't really seen much of him, so I can't really judge. Hopefully he shows some GGs
EG|Liquid|QxG|DTG fighting!
wenye123456
Profile Joined July 2007
China56 Posts
May 20 2011 16:56 GMT
#229
why don't inviting Chinese players,for example,xiaot,F91,lovecd,lovett etc,they r also top players in the world.
Gatored
Profile Joined September 2010
United States679 Posts
May 20 2011 16:59 GMT
#230
On May 21 2011 01:53 Deindar wrote:
I'm a little surprised (disappointed?) that Happy got an invite, but I haven't really seen much of him, so I can't really judge. Hopefully he shows some GGs


Maybe you should go take a look at his record on the EU ladder. It is one of the best records in the world for any ladder. He has also won many of the smaller weekly cups that EU has.

I would not be surprised if he got top 8 at Dreamhack. In fact I think he will get top 8.
gladsheim
Profile Joined October 2010
Australia676 Posts
May 20 2011 17:11 GMT
#231
Dreamhack had some fucking amazing production quality last tourny, can't wait for this one!
Floobie
Profile Joined February 2011
England296 Posts
May 20 2011 17:16 GMT
#232
On May 21 2011 01:56 wenye123456 wrote:
why don't inviting Chinese players,for example,xiaot,F91,lovecd,lovett etc,they r also top players in the world.


Because they dont really have exposure in the western world like the Koreans do i think?

Last dreamhack was excellent i will for sure be watching this one.
WeSt
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Portugal918 Posts
May 20 2011 17:18 GMT
#233
Dimaga will win this.
zvz is imba
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
May 20 2011 17:28 GMT
#234
On May 21 2011 01:53 Deindar wrote:
I'm a little surprised (disappointed?) that Happy got an invite, but I haven't really seen much of him, so I can't really judge. Hopefully he shows some GGs

Happy is easily one of the best players in the world. I mean the guy has the highest win% on the EU Grandmaster ladder at 83%

The only one win a better win% is Thorzain but he has only played 7 games total (7-0). Happy has 418 wins and 81 losses.
xza
Profile Joined November 2010
Singapore1600 Posts
May 20 2011 17:32 GMT
#235
On May 21 2011 01:19 skullhoof wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 01:11 CrimsnDragn wrote:
that's awesome. however, idk why they keep inviting huk, he kinda sucks...


Huk is code S and he beaten MMA with 4Gate and he wears a Liquid Shirt. Top 3 control in the world but I don't know who's the other two. And you think he kinda suck? Serious? He in team liquid mind you.


why do i feel very funny reading your posts xD
"What a terrible final. This is why BO3s are horrible. Seriously MKP vs Moon in a final and having it BO3 is like having Mila Kunis naked in your bed and all she'll give you is a HJ with her PJs on. Pffffffffffffffftt." -greatZERG
FallDownMarigold
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3710 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-20 17:35:26
May 20 2011 17:33 GMT
#236
On May 21 2011 02:28 Wihl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 01:53 Deindar wrote:
I'm a little surprised (disappointed?) that Happy got an invite, but I haven't really seen much of him, so I can't really judge. Hopefully he shows some GGs

Happy is easily one of the best players in the world. I mean the guy has the highest win% on the EU Grandmaster ladder at 83%

The only one win a better win% is Thorzain but he has only played 7 games total (7-0). Happy has 418 wins and 81 losses.


Since when does ladder % mean...anything substantial with regard to best players in the world? It means you're good, sure, but by no means does it prove conclusively that you're among the best in the world. You need tournament results - most preferably live - to prove that. Until then...

edit: To clarify, I've heard others state that he hasn't performed in tournaments. If I'm wrong, by all means correct me. I believe it was Nony who stated that ladder % really doesn't mean much. Many better players have lower percentages due to the fact they prefer to treat the ladder as a playground in which they can practice funky or innovative builds/refine them.
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
May 20 2011 17:42 GMT
#237
On May 21 2011 02:33 FallDownMarigold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 02:28 Wihl wrote:
On May 21 2011 01:53 Deindar wrote:
I'm a little surprised (disappointed?) that Happy got an invite, but I haven't really seen much of him, so I can't really judge. Hopefully he shows some GGs

Happy is easily one of the best players in the world. I mean the guy has the highest win% on the EU Grandmaster ladder at 83%

The only one win a better win% is Thorzain but he has only played 7 games total (7-0). Happy has 418 wins and 81 losses.


Since when does ladder % mean...anything substantial with regard to best players in the world? It means you're good, sure, but by no means does it prove conclusively that you're among the best in the world. You need tournament results - most preferably live - to prove that. Until then...

edit: To clarify, I've heard others state that he hasn't performed in tournaments. If I'm wrong, by all means correct me. I believe it was Nony who stated that ladder % really doesn't mean much. Many better players have lower percentages due to the fact they prefer to treat the ladder as a playground in which they can practice funky or innovative builds/refine them.

True, but there's also the TLPD win% with Happy at 63% in different tournaments. That doesnt mean much either without context (opposition, tournaments etc) but Strelok competes in similar tournaments and has 59%, White-Ra is at 56%, Kas at 65% and DiMAGA at 58%.

Happy has also won and came second in a bunch of european tournaments lately: http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-international/players/2889_Happy

He might not be the most well-known player outside of the WC3/European community or the 'best' player - but he's definately good enough to warrant an invite imo.
Wihl
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Sweden472 Posts
May 20 2011 17:48 GMT
#238
On May 21 2011 01:56 wenye123456 wrote:
why don't inviting Chinese players,for example,xiaot,F91,lovecd,lovett etc,they r also top players in the world.

I would love to see some chinese players being invited but I feel like part of the reason why they arent invited is that they simply arent that well-known in the western community. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if its hard to get in contact with these players in a reliable way. Not saying it couldn't be done of course but its a lot of work when you dont already have established ways of contacting them. I'd love to see xiaOt and a couple of other chinese players at Dreamhack Winter though, I feel like there are a few players (I've only seen one chinese tournament..) that could definately compete at a "Code S RO4"-level.
mdma-_-
Profile Joined October 2010
Nauru1213 Posts
May 20 2011 17:52 GMT
#239
On May 21 2011 02:33 FallDownMarigold wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 02:28 Wihl wrote:
On May 21 2011 01:53 Deindar wrote:
I'm a little surprised (disappointed?) that Happy got an invite, but I haven't really seen much of him, so I can't really judge. Hopefully he shows some GGs

Happy is easily one of the best players in the world. I mean the guy has the highest win% on the EU Grandmaster ladder at 83%

The only one win a better win% is Thorzain but he has only played 7 games total (7-0). Happy has 418 wins and 81 losses.


Since when does ladder % mean...anything substantial with regard to best players in the world? It means you're good, sure, but by no means does it prove conclusively that you're among the best in the world. You need tournament results - most preferably live - to prove that. Until then...

edit: To clarify, I've heard others state that he hasn't performed in tournaments. If I'm wrong, by all means correct me. I believe it was Nony who stated that ladder % really doesn't mean much. Many better players have lower percentages due to the fact they prefer to treat the ladder as a playground in which they can practice funky or innovative builds/refine them.

He hasnt relly joined any major tournaments yet, but he has done very well in the smaller ones.
Also many ppl are hyping him cos he was super good in warcraft.
http://gosugamers.net/warcraft/rankings/435
FallDownMarigold
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3710 Posts
May 20 2011 17:54 GMT
#240
On May 21 2011 02:42 Wihl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 21 2011 02:33 FallDownMarigold wrote:
On May 21 2011 02:28 Wihl wrote:
On May 21 2011 01:53 Deindar wrote:
I'm a little surprised (disappointed?) that Happy got an invite, but I haven't really seen much of him, so I can't really judge. Hopefully he shows some GGs

Happy is easily one of the best players in the world. I mean the guy has the highest win% on the EU Grandmaster ladder at 83%

The only one win a better win% is Thorzain but he has only played 7 games total (7-0). Happy has 418 wins and 81 losses.


Since when does ladder % mean...anything substantial with regard to best players in the world? It means you're good, sure, but by no means does it prove conclusively that you're among the best in the world. You need tournament results - most preferably live - to prove that. Until then...

edit: To clarify, I've heard others state that he hasn't performed in tournaments. If I'm wrong, by all means correct me. I believe it was Nony who stated that ladder % really doesn't mean much. Many better players have lower percentages due to the fact they prefer to treat the ladder as a playground in which they can practice funky or innovative builds/refine them.

True, but there's also the TLPD win% with Happy at 63% in different tournaments. That doesnt mean much either without context (opposition, tournaments etc) but Strelok competes in similar tournaments and has 59%, White-Ra is at 56%, Kas at 65% and DiMAGA at 58%.

Happy has also won and came second in a bunch of european tournaments lately: http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/sc2-international/players/2889_Happy

He might not be the most well-known player outside of the WC3/European community or the 'best' player - but he's definately good enough to warrant an invite imo.


Oh definitely, I definitely think he deserves an invite. I was more referring to the post that predicted top 8 based off ladder %
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 434
TKL 283
CranKy Ducklings234
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Serral 1074
TKL 283
ProTech134
Rex 118
MindelVK 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51306
Free 1800
Horang2 337
firebathero 259
Zeus 195
Trap 145
Last 122
Hyun 79
ToSsGirL 67
soO 28
[ Show more ]
Yoon 24
Rock 20
Aegong 20
Bishop 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Noble 13
Sacsri 12
Dota 2
Gorgc6776
Dendi1112
XaKoH 448
420jenkins179
Counter-Strike
fl0m3614
byalli710
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko450
Other Games
singsing2283
Beastyqt483
Mlord374
KnowMe188
mouzStarbuck176
Hui .153
DeMusliM135
Liquid`VortiX113
QueenE74
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV229
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP30
• StrangeGG 27
• poizon28 11
• Dystopia_ 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FT.aCt)Sony9
• Michael_bg 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2320
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1563
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
1h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
18h 54m
Patches Events
23h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 3h
OSC
1d 7h
OSC
1d 20h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.