• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:06
CEST 16:06
KST 23:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7944 users

[GSL] Who is worthy of competing in Code A - Page 75

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 110 Next
Cathasaigh
Profile Joined April 2010
United States285 Posts
January 12 2011 20:20 GMT
#1481
On January 13 2011 05:15 taskmgr.exe wrote:
Show nested quote +
I would hate for GOM to see just this poll and invite a player like BratOK over some other players that may be more deserving.

Like who? Do you really think Bratok doesn't deserve this?


He might deserve to be in the discussion but the poll makes it seem like he's the clear #1 choice to send over when I don't think he is and based on what other people are saying, a lot of other people would agree.
This is the tale of Captain Jack Sparrow!
JMDj
Profile Joined September 2010
United States454 Posts
January 12 2011 20:21 GMT
#1482
On January 13 2011 05:18 urdak wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2011 05:12 Xde wrote:
On January 13 2011 05:08 Sein wrote:
On January 13 2011 03:18 CagyStalker wrote:
On January 13 2011 03:02 Sein wrote:
Can we please try to set aside the national bias? Recommend players who deserve it on merit. This isn't a topic for discussing who your favorite player is.

So tell us plz about players who deserves, im very interested.


I already did a while ago, but I understand you could've missed it because it is a chore to go through 75 pages of posts. I believe I said Sen and Huk should be no brainers, although after posting that I think I've read somewhere that Sen plans on finishing university first before going back to Korea. Not sure if I mentioned anyone else.

BratOK is an excellent player and I would not be against him receiving Code A, but I hope you understand me getting a bit annoyed with this. I have no problem with all these people from the Russian site coming here , but it does bother me that every single one of them has been "voting" for BratOK. Like I already said, he is a very good player, but would you agree with me in that the national bias is rather obvious here?


I agree with this guy. The poll is a little misleading... I was extremely surprised to see so many votes for BratOk.

I would hate for GOM to see just this poll and invite a player like BratOK over some other players that may be more deserving. But GOM is a really great organization and I'm sure they'll make the most well-informed decisions.

And how do we know who deserves to get in the most? You must also understand that they also want to increase the popularity of GSL and thus BratOK might be a good choice.


GSL isn't a popularity contest... it's a competition to determine who the best starcraft2 players in the world are.
{ToT}ColmA
Profile Joined November 2007
Japan3260 Posts
January 12 2011 20:22 GMT
#1483
On January 13 2011 05:21 Xde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2011 05:18 urdak wrote:
On January 13 2011 05:12 Xde wrote:
On January 13 2011 05:08 Sein wrote:
On January 13 2011 03:18 CagyStalker wrote:
On January 13 2011 03:02 Sein wrote:
Can we please try to set aside the national bias? Recommend players who deserve it on merit. This isn't a topic for discussing who your favorite player is.

So tell us plz about players who deserves, im very interested.


I already did a while ago, but I understand you could've missed it because it is a chore to go through 75 pages of posts. I believe I said Sen and Huk should be no brainers, although after posting that I think I've read somewhere that Sen plans on finishing university first before going back to Korea. Not sure if I mentioned anyone else.

BratOK is an excellent player and I would not be against him receiving Code A, but I hope you understand me getting a bit annoyed with this. I have no problem with all these people from the Russian site coming here , but it does bother me that every single one of them has been "voting" for BratOK. Like I already said, he is a very good player, but would you agree with me in that the national bias is rather obvious here?


I agree with this guy. The poll is a little misleading... I was extremely surprised to see so many votes for BratOk.

I would hate for GOM to see just this poll and invite a player like BratOK over some other players that may be more deserving. But GOM is a really great organization and I'm sure they'll make the most well-informed decisions.

And how do we know who deserves to get in the most? You must also understand that they also want to increase the popularity of GSL and thus BratOK might be a good choice.


GSL isn't a popularity contest... it's a competition to determine who the best starcraft2 players in the world are.


by that definition bratok is someone to pick
The only virgins in kpop left are the fans
Barif
Profile Joined January 2011
Ukraine2 Posts
January 12 2011 20:24 GMT
#1484
Hi, i want see some of this players on GSL:
White-Ra
Bratok
Dimaga

They are awesome xD
Grend
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1600 Posts
January 12 2011 20:24 GMT
#1485
Wow, so much cheating going on in this thread. 1 post east european extravaganza
♞ Against the Wind - Bob Seger ♞
floor exercise
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Canada5847 Posts
January 12 2011 20:26 GMT
#1486
I'd have a problem with it if they weren't nominating incredibly good players who probably deserve the opportunity more than alot of the other names thrown around.
taskmgr.exe
Profile Joined February 2010
Russian Federation134 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 20:28:59
January 12 2011 20:26 GMT
#1487
On January 13 2011 05:18 Xde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2011 05:15 taskmgr.exe wrote:
I would hate for GOM to see just this poll and invite a player like BratOK over some other players that may be more deserving.

Like who? Do you really think Bratok doesn't deserve this?


Brat_OK is an extremely good starcraft player but foreigners like HuK, WhiteRa, Naama, DeMuslim, Mana, and Sjow have accomplished quite a lot more and are just better players than him.

Obviously you don't know anything about Bratok if you determine all of that players "just better". Also discuss WhiteRa in this thread is really stupid because he's married and won't go anywhere.
-Strider-
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico1605 Posts
January 12 2011 20:29 GMT
#1488
DEmuslim since he is going to korea, huk, White-ra and select
What is up? IM NESTEAAAA!
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 12 2011 20:31 GMT
#1489
On January 13 2011 05:18 Xde wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2011 05:15 taskmgr.exe wrote:
I would hate for GOM to see just this poll and invite a player like BratOK over some other players that may be more deserving.

Like who? Do you really think Bratok doesn't deserve this?


Brat_OK is an extremely good starcraft player but foreigners like HuK, WhiteRa, Naama, DeMuslim, Mana, and Sjow have accomplished quite a lot more and are just better players than him.

How are they ''just better players than him''? BratOk hasn't been able to compete in the major tournaments due to Visa issues and whatnot...
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
Tigi
Profile Joined October 2008
Germany472 Posts
January 12 2011 20:32 GMT
#1490
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL DeMuslim over Brat_OK ?? That's the real joke. Obvisiously Brat_OK deserves it.
§1: Die Units des Hasu sind unantastbar.
JMDj
Profile Joined September 2010
United States454 Posts
January 12 2011 20:35 GMT
#1491
On January 13 2011 05:26 taskmgr.exe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2011 05:18 Xde wrote:
On January 13 2011 05:15 taskmgr.exe wrote:
I would hate for GOM to see just this poll and invite a player like BratOK over some other players that may be more deserving.

Like who? Do you really think Bratok doesn't deserve this?


Brat_OK is an extremely good starcraft player but foreigners like HuK, WhiteRa, Naama, DeMuslim, Mana, and Sjow have accomplished quite a lot more and are just better players than him.

Obviously you don't know anything about Bratok if you determine all of that players "just better". Also considering WhiteRa in this thread is really stupid because he's married and won't go anywhere.


The only events Brat_OK has gotten first place in were various small weekly/monthly tournaments on battle.net. How can you honestly believe that he deserves to be automatically qualified over other foreigners who have won MLGs,Dreamhacks,IEMs, and other big LANs?

Brat_OK simply doesn't have the results to suggest that he deserves to automatically qualify over other foreigners.
taskmgr.exe
Profile Joined February 2010
Russian Federation134 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 20:41:03
January 12 2011 20:40 GMT
#1492
Oh god, seriously?
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Bratok#Achievements
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/rankings/7113
He just have Visa issues and can't go anywhere in Europe currently. Also he was very busy last 2 months because of Beeline tournament, which he won btw. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=177726
JMDj
Profile Joined September 2010
United States454 Posts
January 12 2011 20:45 GMT
#1493
If he is unable to attend LANs becuase of visa issues, how is he going to get to Korea?

Also winning a tournament in which you're the only good player isn't very impressive.

You can stop trying to make an argument for him just because he is from your country. While he is an awesome player and clearly the best player from Russia, he just isn't relative enough in the foreign SC2 scene.
syllogism
Profile Joined September 2010
Finland5948 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 20:49:57
January 12 2011 20:46 GMT
#1494
Bratok is very good and deserves it, but it's a shame so many people are only voting players of their own nationality. Obviously not singling out CIS, the same applies to a lot people in this thread. Props to russians who didn't JUST vote for CIS nationals. Also nice to see SC2 is really popular over there, but I kind of knew that already since bratok's stream always had so many viewers

e: and yes, I agree Bratok might some language difficulties in Korea if he stays longer than for one code A qualifier/tournament
Turgid
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1623 Posts
January 12 2011 20:47 GMT
#1495
On January 13 2011 05:45 Xde wrote:
If he is unable to attend LANs becuase of visa issues, how is he going to get to Korea?

Also winning a tournament in which you're the only good player isn't very impressive.

You can stop trying to make an argument for him just because he is from your country. While he is an awesome player and clearly the best player from Russia, he just isn't relative enough in the foreign SC2 scene.

Well... you listed Demuslim who I'm pretty sure is actually less accomplished than Bratok in SC2.
(╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Holgerius
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Sweden16951 Posts
January 12 2011 20:52 GMT
#1496
On January 13 2011 05:45 Xde wrote:
If he is unable to attend LANs becuase of visa issues, how is he going to get to Korea?

Also winning a tournament in which you're the only good player isn't very impressive.

You can stop trying to make an argument for him just because he is from your country. While he is an awesome player and clearly the best player from Russia, he just isn't relative enough in the foreign SC2 scene.

I'm from Sweden, and I consider BratOk to be one of the absolutely most skilled players on the foreign scene.
I believe in the almighty Grötslev! -- I am never serious and you should never believe a thing I say. Including the previous sentence.
mistgun_EU
Profile Joined October 2010
309 Posts
January 12 2011 20:52 GMT
#1497
KawaiiRice deserves a chance
This guy streams his ladder games(KR ladder), and he beat LeenockfOu(no cheese) and many other good players from fOu, iM, Nex etc
taskmgr.exe
Profile Joined February 2010
Russian Federation134 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-01-12 20:54:48
January 12 2011 20:53 GMT
#1498
On January 13 2011 05:45 Xde wrote:
If he is unable to attend LANs becuase of visa issues, how is he going to get to Korea?

Also winning a tournament in which you're the only good player isn't very impressive.

You can stop trying to make an argument for him just because he is from your country. While he is an awesome player and clearly the best player from Russia, he just isn't relative enough in the foreign SC2 scene.

Since when Korea is in Europe?

I'm not trying to make an argument, I want to say that you have no idea who he is and what he can do. You probably should watch his stream, he does that often. I voted for him not because he is just from my country, I voted for him because he is awesome and absolutely deserves it. I also listed HuK and Darkforce if you missed that, look at the page 73.
Shikyo
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Finland33997 Posts
January 12 2011 20:59 GMT
#1499
On January 13 2011 05:40 taskmgr.exe wrote:
Oh god, seriously?
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Bratok#Achievements
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/rankings/7113
He just have Visa issues and can't go anywhere in Europe currently. Also he was very busy last 2 months because of Beeline tournament, which he won btw. http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=177726

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/Sjow#Achievements

I mean, sure brat_ok is good, but I definitely wouldn't have him compete in the GSL favor of players like Sjow, Morrow, and HuK.
League of Legends EU West, Platinum III | Yousei Teikoku is the best thing that has ever happened to music.
Rags
Profile Joined July 2010
Sweden11 Posts
January 12 2011 21:01 GMT
#1500
Go BratOK, Dimaga, White-RA && Huk!
Prev 1 73 74 75 76 77 110 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1106
RotterdaM590
SteadfastSC285
TKL 216
Rex126
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 590
SteadfastSC 285
TKL 216
Rex 126
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 30
ProTech17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 46783
Calm 2347
Shuttle 1814
Jaedong 1701
Horang2 877
actioN 640
Mini 634
EffOrt 600
Soma 600
Soulkey 404
[ Show more ]
Stork 321
Rush 272
Larva 247
ZerO 215
BeSt 206
Snow 201
firebathero 140
Zeus 95
Mong 91
910 73
Mind 68
hero 61
Free 59
sorry 58
Hyun 55
Last 52
Yoon 51
Sharp 42
Shinee 39
PianO 37
Pusan 36
Shine 31
JYJ 31
ToSsGirL 26
Terrorterran 24
Sexy 23
Hm[arnc] 21
Bale 21
Aegong 17
HiyA 14
Killer 13
Sacsri 12
scan(afreeca) 11
Rock 10
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5364
Dendi1154
Counter-Strike
fl0m1956
Fnx 603
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King174
ChuDatz6
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes600
Lowko350
Other Games
singsing2162
olofmeister1301
hiko685
B2W.Neo341
DeMusliM217
Livibee187
Pyrionflax154
Liquid`VortiX132
Khaldor83
Trikslyr81
QueenE66
dupreeh43
ZerO(Twitch)12
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1320
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH205
• mYiSmile16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2055
• Jankos1688
• TFBlade538
• Noizen114
Other Games
• Shiphtur673
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 55m
The PondCast
19h 55m
INu's Battles
20h 55m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 8h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.