• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:40
CEST 19:40
KST 02:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7655 users

[Interview] Linda "Pikachu" Liao - Page 7

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 13 Next All
kidd
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
United States2848 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 03:42:57
November 10 2010 03:42 GMT
#121
On November 10 2010 06:22 Tenks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 06:18 simme123 wrote:
To be honest I just don't see what's so remarkable she's a girl and she plays starcraft .. what am I missing here?



I have to side with this overall sentiment. Not to mention those interview answers were asinine. Most of the time they either lacked any real answer, gave a joke answer or just said something was cute.


You must be a huge IdrA fan. Interviews are to see the personality of the person more than it is to get some serious answers unless it's for politics or something. She gave a great interview.

She's a girl who won the most exposed female tournament for sc2 while being a celebrity, it's interesting even if you exclude that she's a celebrity. If you're not interested then don't read it and don't comment about it. I don't really understand the logic of being uninterested then wasting your time reading and commenting about it.

I'd like to see her improve and be caught in longer games, her replays from the cup are all like 8-14 minutes.

I'm pretty sure this is her sc2ranks profile. http://sc2ranks.com/tw/192423/Pikachu
Hi
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
November 10 2010 04:03 GMT
#122
Considering she's a TV star, I'm pretty sure she's making more money than the best e-sports players in her day job.
Acritter
Profile Joined August 2010
Syria7637 Posts
November 10 2010 04:07 GMT
#123
Hope she gets into the male proscene. I want to see more double-X in SC2, seeing as it's already too late for BW. Not a woman, just interested in not having a sausagefest... SCgirlfriend is too good to not check out.
dont let your memes be dreams - konydora, motivational speaker | not actually living in syria
BasilPesto
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia624 Posts
November 10 2010 04:07 GMT
#124
Q: Zergs: Cute or disgusting?

A: Zergs are cool! I love banelings, rolling around so very cute!


Right.... this question should be in every serious interviewer's arsenal.
"I before E...*sunglasses*... except after C." - Jim Carrey
Innsmouth-Zerg
Profile Joined August 2010
Austria137 Posts
November 10 2010 04:08 GMT
#125
On November 10 2010 13:03 andrewlt wrote:
Considering she's a TV star, I'm pretty sure she's making more money than the best e-sports players in her day job.


And I'm pretty sure you base this of off nothing but the feeling in your gut.

everything which gives more positive attention to sc2 is good with me.

stand up defend or lay down and die
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
November 10 2010 04:25 GMT
#126
On November 10 2010 13:08 Innsmouth-Zerg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 13:03 andrewlt wrote:
Considering she's a TV star, I'm pretty sure she's making more money than the best e-sports players in her day job.


And I'm pretty sure you base this of off nothing but the feeling in your gut.

everything which gives more positive attention to sc2 is good with me.




The top BW players make the equivalent of roughly $300,000. You don't think a huge TV star in Taiwan is easily making more than that?
link0
Profile Joined March 2010
United States1071 Posts
November 10 2010 04:33 GMT
#127
On November 10 2010 13:25 andrewlt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 13:08 Innsmouth-Zerg wrote:
On November 10 2010 13:03 andrewlt wrote:
Considering she's a TV star, I'm pretty sure she's making more money than the best e-sports players in her day job.


And I'm pretty sure you base this of off nothing but the feeling in your gut.

everything which gives more positive attention to sc2 is good with me.




The top BW players make the equivalent of roughly $300,000. You don't think a huge TV star in Taiwan is easily making more than that?


TV stars in Taiwan don't make much money in comparison to Western countries. I doubt she makes more than 100k.
http://www.justin.tv/link0 - Gosu.Linko - http://www.facebook.com/link0
Caphe
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Vietnam10817 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 04:50:16
November 10 2010 04:42 GMT
#128
Nice interview. I dont get people that hate this interview? How often do you see a girl that good at RTS? She got some serious skill there, better than many guys around here I guess, for that only she has my support.
I dont think she's gonna step in the pro-gamer area. She just play SC2 'cos she loves it.
EDIT: I just do some google with her Chinese name. One more thing I found, she was very good at math when she was in school. Very smart girl I'd say :D
Terran
hacker
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada26 Posts
November 10 2010 04:50 GMT
#129
On November 10 2010 06:18 simme123 wrote:
To be honest I just don't see what's so remarkable she's a girl and she plays starcraft .. what am I missing here?

That she won a tournament maybe?
Atta boy
Licmyobelisk
Profile Blog Joined August 2008
Philippines3682 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 04:55:42
November 10 2010 04:53 GMT
#130
wow, damn girl already beat me in becoming diamond rank 1

nevermind 1300 plus protoss, well at least she's much better than some dudes I play with!

you go girl!
I don't think I've ever wished my opponent good luck prior to a game. When I play, I play to win. I hope every opponent I ever have is cursed with fucking terrible luck. I hope they're stuck playing underneath a stepladder with a black cat in attendance a
Uriel_SVK
Profile Joined April 2010
Slovakia427 Posts
November 10 2010 05:03 GMT
#131
On November 10 2010 05:46 Avaclon wrote:

Q: People are wondering, from the time of your first replays that's released publicly a few months ago 'til your recent ranking in diamond. Could you please talk a little bit about your training process?

A: When I first released my replays I was a baby Pikachu, now I've grown! Diamonds are a girl's best friend. When I started I didn't care about improving my skills, what I really wanted that shiny diamond.


This answer made me a fan of this girl I think I never saw such a great, cute, non-elitist answer.

0neder
Profile Joined July 2009
United States3733 Posts
November 10 2010 05:12 GMT
#132
Oh snap, playing on an iMac as well. Awesome.
andrewlt
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7702 Posts
November 10 2010 05:13 GMT
#133
On November 10 2010 13:33 link0 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 13:25 andrewlt wrote:
On November 10 2010 13:08 Innsmouth-Zerg wrote:
On November 10 2010 13:03 andrewlt wrote:
Considering she's a TV star, I'm pretty sure she's making more money than the best e-sports players in her day job.


And I'm pretty sure you base this of off nothing but the feeling in your gut.

everything which gives more positive attention to sc2 is good with me.




The top BW players make the equivalent of roughly $300,000. You don't think a huge TV star in Taiwan is easily making more than that?


TV stars in Taiwan don't make much money in comparison to Western countries. I doubt she makes more than 100k.




Really? I got the impression from her Wikipedia and Facebook page that she's a pretty big A-list actress. I left the Philippines a decade ago and it's my impression that the biggest celebrities there (even the non-Pacquaio ones) make more than that. Taiwan is a more developed country.
Hinanawi
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States2250 Posts
November 10 2010 05:14 GMT
#134
I find it funny how some neckbeards get upset about female tournaments while at the same time avidly supporting 'foreigner tournaments'. In both tournaments, most "top players" don't participate, but for some reason it's only the female tournaments that get under their skin. I wonder why? Actually I don't wonder.

Get over it, and congratulations to Linda Liao. Fun interview, I wish they would ask these kinds of questions to male players too so the interviews would be less boring.
Favorite progamers (in order): Flash, Stork, Violet, Sea. ||| Get better soon, Violet!
zor.au
Profile Joined August 2010
Australia270 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-11-10 05:18:10
November 10 2010 05:17 GMT
#135
On November 10 2010 14:13 andrewlt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 10 2010 13:33 link0 wrote:
On November 10 2010 13:25 andrewlt wrote:
On November 10 2010 13:08 Innsmouth-Zerg wrote:
On November 10 2010 13:03 andrewlt wrote:
Considering she's a TV star, I'm pretty sure she's making more money than the best e-sports players in her day job.


And I'm pretty sure you base this of off nothing but the feeling in your gut.

everything which gives more positive attention to sc2 is good with me.




The top BW players make the equivalent of roughly $300,000. You don't think a huge TV star in Taiwan is easily making more than that?


TV stars in Taiwan don't make much money in comparison to Western countries. I doubt she makes more than 100k.




Really? I got the impression from her Wikipedia and Facebook page that she's a pretty big A-list actress. I left the Philippines a decade ago and it's my impression that the biggest celebrities there (even the non-Pacquaio ones) make more than that. Taiwan is a more developed country.


Haven't looked at her facebook page but the Wikipedia entry is far from showing shes a a big a-list actress.


wow
SoJu.WeRRa
Profile Joined June 2010
Korea (South)820 Posts
November 10 2010 05:18 GMT
#136
Good interview.
Pikachu fighting!!
나를 찢어갈겨이씨발놈아왜나를미치게만들어니가뭘아는데?
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
November 10 2010 05:21 GMT
#137
Crap I really want a girl to play sc2 with :,(
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
HELLOKITTY(SS)
Profile Joined November 2010
United States81 Posts
November 10 2010 05:23 GMT
#138
my sister vs u right now bo7 grudge match
KITTY POWAH
SonKiE
Profile Joined March 2010
United States167 Posts
November 10 2010 05:32 GMT
#139
hey guys, im a girl! did i mention im a girl? oh.
country
JTWStephens
Profile Joined August 2010
United States60 Posts
November 10 2010 05:36 GMT
#140
She's only getting attention because she's an attractive female. Hilarious shit. She might even be a good player, but she'll never really be recognized for it.
Novice.965
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM745
TKL 241
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 745
ByuN 292
mouzHeroMarine 245
TKL 241
UpATreeSC 73
BRAT_OK 35
MindelVK 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 21256
Calm 3148
Shuttle 1082
Horang2 444
Dewaltoss 126
Rush 107
Zeus 61
Free 42
Hyun 32
sorry 31
[ Show more ]
Trap 25
Killer 23
ToSsGirL 20
Bale 19
scan(afreeca) 18
PianO 16
Rock 15
Aegong 14
Hm[arnc] 14
Sacsri 7
Noble 6
Dota 2
Dendi1401
League of Legends
KnowMe56
Counter-Strike
fl0m4928
pashabiceps699
Fnx 646
x6flipin293
edward27
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King86
Other Games
singsing2007
Liquid`RaSZi1468
Grubby1099
Beastyqt660
ceh9434
C9.Mang0255
crisheroes251
B2W.Neo216
420jenkins195
dupreeh171
IndyStarCraft 166
Trikslyr92
QueenE89
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream22
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH282
• EnkiAlexander 22
• Hinosc 12
• Reevou 10
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3310
• WagamamaTV529
League of Legends
• Nemesis3456
• TFBlade666
Other Games
• Shiphtur799
• imaqtpie465
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
16h 20m
INu's Battles
17h 20m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
19h 20m
OSC
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 5h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.