• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:52
CEST 07:52
KST 14:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7858 users

Video Interview with a Chantal Aust - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Manifesto7
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
Osaka27178 Posts
October 15 2010 00:22 GMT
#101
I don't really know the history, but why were the original BW female leagues abolished in Korea? It always seemed like a good idea to me, but they only ran for like two seasons and then got stopped. Perhaps some older TL member can enlighten me.


Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure it was a ratings issue. That, and the fact that TossGirl beat everyone so badly.
ModeratorGodfather
ccdnl
Profile Joined April 2010
United States611 Posts
October 15 2010 00:23 GMT
#102
lmfao at all the jokes. its like these people CAN'T help themselves when they see a girl on the interwebz. thanks for interview dennis.
civil cervixes || Kang Min Fan || I like TLO, TLO= German, I like Germans..?
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
October 15 2010 00:32 GMT
#103
On October 15 2010 09:21 anTi_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 09:02 Vei wrote:
i want to see how good she is at bmx, bmx is just sweet to watch in general




Here is a video of her BMXing, she has other videos as well on her page. Good interview and it's always nice to see a cute girl taking up our nerdy obsession.

thanks... pretty underwhelmed lol :V i guess she's not a professional though..? is she a semifamous model or anything i wonder?
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
Whole
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States6046 Posts
October 15 2010 00:33 GMT
#104
it seems that she is a jack of all trades, master of none type person. personally, I would never be able to spend that much time to not be amazing at anything
Aprikosen
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden53 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 01:36:54
October 15 2010 00:34 GMT
#105
On October 15 2010 09:19 FuRong wrote:
It seems paradoxical that we always complain that there aren't enough girls involved in gaming, but at the same time nobody is willing to support tournaments for them...


What the frack are you talking about, I haven't seen a single tournament prohibiting women from participating. I don't understand why being a minority warrants special treatment. What's the point?


User was warned for this post "What the fuck are you talking about" is not necessary to make a point.
PineappleSage
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada109 Posts
October 15 2010 00:40 GMT
#106
i wonder if girls should have there own tourneys or like poker be in the same ones as men. I hope one day there will be televised e-sports daily of men and women, and Day9, to cast it like a d9d.
zerglings ^^
gillon
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1578 Posts
October 15 2010 00:43 GMT
#107
On October 15 2010 09:34 Aprikosen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2010 09:19 FuRong wrote:
It seems paradoxical that we always complain that there aren't enough girls involved in gaming, but at the same time nobody is willing to support tournaments for them...


What the fuck are you talking about, I haven't seen a single tournament prohibiting women from participating. I don't understand why being a minority warrants special treatment. What's the point?


This. I mean, I'm all for everyone being able to play, but I don't see why they should have their own leagues. I mean, is there some inherent disadvantage they have concerning gaming or something?

Am I missing something obvious?
www.teamproperty.net | "You should hate losing, but you should never fear defeat." - 이윤열
Vei
Profile Joined March 2010
United States2845 Posts
October 15 2010 00:47 GMT
#108
On October 15 2010 09:40 brendan.zerg116109 wrote:
i wonder if girls should have there own tourneys or like poker be in the same ones as men. I hope one day there will be televised e-sports daily of men and women, and Day9, to cast it like a d9d.

I saw an interview clip with a pro female Poker player and she said that the one thing she liked about Poker was that it's a 100% even playing table between men and women, as is SC2, so there should be no league separation. That is, unless of course someone wants to make the argument that females are cognitively disadvantaged at what SC or poker requires, which I sometimes wonder about (in respect to SC) in a sincerely nonsexist opinion. I never followed brood war, but at least since WC3 I don't think I've ever heard of a pretty pro RTS player who was female. Is it because they're disinterested? That's at least why there's so few of them -- but for the ones who do play...

anyway, it's just something I think about from time to time. i've read theories that sc2 is too logical/experience based and women are more inclined to intuition and socialness, but yeah. perhaps off-topic?
www.justin.tv/veisc2 ~ 720p + commentary
Nightfall.589
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada766 Posts
October 15 2010 00:49 GMT
#109

This. I mean, I'm all for everyone being able to play, but I don't see why they should have their own leagues. I mean, is there some inherent disadvantage they have concerning gaming or something?


Women don't need their own leagues.

What they also don't need, is whenever there's a thread about a woman playing SC, 50% of the responses to be aimed at discussing how hot they are or aren't.
Proof by Legislation: An entire body of (sort-of) elected officials is more correct than all of the known laws of physics, math and science as a whole. -Scott McIntyre
huameng
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1133 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 00:52:54
October 15 2010 00:50 GMT
#110
I don't see how girls having an inherent disadvantage or not really affects the value of having girls-only tournaments. If we want more girls to play SC2, and girls-only tournaments (or clans, or whatever) would make them more comfortable playing, then we should create those things. The fact that girls might not have a disadvantage doesn't really matter. They probably wouldn't need these female only communities at all if we weren't such dicks, but I think changing gamer culture is a lot harder than making some female tournaments, so I guess we should go with that for now.

Also, there are ladies only poker tournaments >_>
skating
Subversion
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
South Africa3627 Posts
October 15 2010 00:51 GMT
#111
WOW this thread is a ban trap.

Pretty cool interview though, I dig it that she's into such a wide variety of things. Modeling, BMXing and pro-gaming... that's pretty damned impressive.
ddrddrddrddr
Profile Joined August 2010
1344 Posts
October 15 2010 00:54 GMT
#112
Modeling, gaming, bmx. Put that together and you have a token pro-gamer girl that people can't call nerdy and out of shape. It's all planned, yeeees....
XeliN
Profile Joined June 2009
United Kingdom1755 Posts
October 15 2010 00:55 GMT
#113
I would like to say the post Brian made induced extreme laughter. Shame you were banned for it (although I can see why especially given some recent thread about sexism on TL, but if it makes you feel better knowing someone enjoyed you post I very much did! )
Adonai bless
Dugrok
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada377 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 01:01:53
October 15 2010 00:55 GMT
#114
It's taken way too long for women's sports to be taken seriously (even today, you can hardly say that they are). Maybe eSports is a way for them to be equals off the starting line because physical strength is less of a factor.

The only thing that I found a little strange was that they are dividing male and female gamers. I don't see what the point is. I mean, in physical sports, ok. But in eSports... huh? Personally, I'd rather see guys and girls treated as equals from the get-go in eSports because it would entice more women to get involved.

While they may be a minority in eSports because of social stigma associated to gaming, it's irrelevant because it shouldn't affect their level of play. They're just as capable as men of playing games and I personally think it would be an insult to women to segregate the two.
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
October 15 2010 00:56 GMT
#115
yea I like it that she organizes her schedule in a way that she can do all those things.
For the Swarm!
SexyBimbo
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany89 Posts
October 15 2010 01:22 GMT
#116
That BMX-video looked rather mediocre I must admit, but it's not like anybody claimed that those were her best moments. ^^
As to the interview: In my opinion it was well done, I liked the questions, setting, quality and you had an interesting interviewee.
I do wonder, how successful she is at all she's doing, seems like she has a lot of stuff do learn and practice; I assume she will not excel at any one discipline in the end.

And most importantly: How good is she at SC2? Does anybody know where I can get a replay of hers?

#

Ehm... is this her?



Because if it IS, then I'd consider her a nice girl who can is good at a lot of things; SC2 not being one of them. ^^
I do of course give her the benefit of the doubt and expect the person in the linked video to be a random protoss who just by sheer chance happens to go by the same name.


SB
Why do ppl do this; does my name look anything like Kiwikaki?? - Kawaiirice
Onlinejaguar
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia2823 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-15 01:35:58
October 15 2010 01:23 GMT
#117
On October 15 2010 08:19 Kazang wrote:
First thing I thought was "not this dumbass from the IEM Cologne" but it's actually a good interview, you are clearly a lot better when speaking in german than english.

Interesting interview and it's good to get more girls involved in general but I can't see how good she is going to be when spreading herself over so many different activities, since starcraft is a game that really does hinge on the amount of practice you do.


By the sounds of it she wants to get a female scene for SC2 happening and not really compete with the guys. I could be wrong. Considering the very small numbers she wouldn't need a ton of practice time to compete.

Edit: ok forget that, after watching a replay of hers she is awful at SC2.
CruelZeratul
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany4588 Posts
October 15 2010 01:25 GMT
#118
http://www.esl.eu/eu/female/download/23243829/
http://www.esl.eu/eu/female/download/23243425/

Those are replays of her playing and she is actually not good, but I think thats kind of not important here.
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
October 15 2010 01:25 GMT
#119
TaKeSeN is such a pimp
KiLL_ORdeR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States1518 Posts
October 15 2010 01:35 GMT
#120
On October 15 2010 09:55 Dugrok wrote:
It's taken way too long for women's sports to be taken seriously (even today, you can hardly say that they are). Maybe eSports is a way for them to be equals off the starting line because physical strength is less of a factor.

The only thing that I found a little strange was that they are dividing male and female gamers. I don't see what the point is. I mean, in physical sports, ok. But in eSports... huh? Personally, I'd rather see guys and girls treated as equals from the get-go in eSports because it would entice more women to get involved.

While they may be a minority in eSports because of social stigma associated to gaming, it's irrelevant because it shouldn't affect their level of play. They're just as capable as men of playing games and I personally think it would be an insult to women to segregate the two.


I'm not trying to pick on you by any means by quoting your post, I think you just very eloqurently summed up what many people feel should happen (including myself) with women in esports.

The fact of the matter though, is that there simply aren't as many women playing videogames. I think, for whatever reason, women do not have the gene men have that makes us love videogames, which means that there will be a lower level of skill because of the numbers who will compete. It was also mentioned earlier that women are turned off by the immaturity regarding them as part of the community, because of all the "TITS OR GTFO" crap.

anyway, the point of my post are that women are just as capable, if given the practice, as men. just look at (T)ToSsGirL, who could beat anyone in BW in the foreign community, and LenaPark, who regularly takes games off of top SC2 players such as CellaWerra, Top, TheStC, Zenio, and IntoTheRainbow.
In order to move forward, we must rid ourselves of that which holds us back. Check out my stream and give me tips! twitch.tv/intotheskyy
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 193
ProTech135
Nina 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 202
Dewaltoss 120
Bale 36
ZergMaN 26
Noble 10
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 714
Other Games
summit1g11254
Sick232
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick877
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2170
League of Legends
• Lourlo1165
• Rush1147
• Stunt155
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 8m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 8m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 8m
Replay Cast
17h 8m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.