• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:06
CEST 21:06
KST 04:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8086 users

Official State of the Game Podcast Thread - Page 1879

Forum Index > SC2 General
54608 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 2731 Next
fatalities
Profile Joined November 2010
United States91 Posts
December 13 2011 05:45 GMT
#37561
On December 13 2011 11:33 Kharnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 11:08 Zzoram wrote:
iNcontroL is the only active player out of that group so if he somehow didn't win it would be super embarrassing for him.

Well, I guess Tyler is supposed to be practicing again so he'd win.


All their training and practise is in 1v1 and an awful lot of that is learning build orders and timings. All that knowledge is pretty much useless in 2v2. 3v3 and 4v4 are even worse.

The only 'real' advantage tyler and incontrol have is mechanics in a 2v2

I'm going to guess that that advantage won't really matter (if it exists), since all of them are ex-BW pros.
Blaec
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia4289 Posts
December 13 2011 06:05 GMT
#37562
On December 13 2011 11:19 FLEIA wrote:
I was before but now knowing that they are doing 2v2 is a lot not less fun for me.


2v2 will be more fun, we can see a crapton of absurd strategies and there will always be something occuring on the screen.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
December 13 2011 07:58 GMT
#37563
On December 13 2011 07:10 itmeJP wrote:
Day[9], Artosis vs. EG.iNcontroL, Liquid`Tyler.. 2v2, BO3.

40,000 concurrent. Make it happen.

Awesome! It's gonna be strange to watch Day[9] play starcraft, he's been hiding himself forever.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Aeceus
Profile Joined September 2011
United Kingdom1278 Posts
December 13 2011 09:18 GMT
#37564
On December 13 2011 11:15 Zzoram wrote:
Day9 doesn't drink.

Whatever, I guess I don't really care if I ever see Day9 play some 1v1. It doesn't matter if he's any good as long as he's a good caster, which is the job we want him to do.

I really wonder how Artosis plays though. We did see him play back when GSL just started, and he even made it to the Ro64 GSL open before getting knocked out. He didn't win a single game in NASL though, so I guess he dropped off hard and never got better.


I believe Artosis streams on Twitch sometimes but he hasn't in a while? Maybe you should check those out if you want there are a couple of videos there.
413X
Profile Joined April 2010
Sweden203 Posts
December 13 2011 13:18 GMT
#37565
Let me give you all a little tale about my need for state of the game.

It was wednesday, when we europeans generally watch the VODs of the show. I had just finished a work schedule that was 9 days of work in a row. So my need for state of the game, which I had prepped myself for days was about reaching the limit of an heroin addict. As I sat myself down infront of the computer, started the STOG, i hear the kitchen clock ring. Perfect, I said to myself as my food was done and the STOG would have been buffered perfectly in time of my return.

However, as I stand up to go to the kitchen, I hear my chair turn with my headset wrapped around it and I turn to see my headset slowly slide across the desk to fall hard into the ground. My old headset was the same model and had broke when it fell from the same desk. I instantly checked the headset and put them on, only to hear a loud BRRRRR noise. "OH GOD" I said out loud.

Double checking with my speakers, apparently my headset was fine. But my soundcard had shortcutted somehow. AND I COULDNT LISTEN TO MY STATE OF THE FKKING GAME!

The next day I went to my local computer repair shop and told them the bad news. They look at it and told me they could have it fixed by the end of next week. My abstinence levels reached dangerous levels, twitching and cursing at my old phone; "why u no smartphone!?"

Friday, my sister returned home from a trip. At last! She had herself a laptop! With that I could listen to my favorite show! I asked for the laptop and she replied "Sure, but it has no batteries, I forgot the cable in the hotel room where I'd just been."

I stood on my knees and arms to the sky and screamed like only darth vader could; NOOOOO!!!!!!!

Saturday morning, I saw window of opportuinity. After doing some chores during the day, I could get myself to an internet cafe during the evening. If it wasn't for that stupid company party, that I had accually been super excited for that I forgot about. I could finally get myself to hook up with one of girls I've been longing for. Needless to say I went to that party and failed to hook up and set my alarm to get to the internet cafe. Nothing could stop me this time.

Sunday morning 10.00. Dazed, hang overed. Every step was hard and heavy as I walked to the train but it was all for a good cause. I get down there and god punished me again. Some suicide jumper had jumped infront of the train. By the thoughts of my failures from the day before and my serious lack of STOG, it was a surprise that wasn't me. So I went home. The trains were delay for hours and it was cold.

Monday morning, my last day of being off from work. I needed a F-ing computer. While on the train heading towards the internet cafe. My boss calls, I missclick when I bring up the phone from the jacket and answers. "We need you at work."
Not even fake coughs and fake sneezes could save the situation when the train operator called out the next stop in the background.

Thuesday 09.00 The computer guy calls me. The computer can be fixed but it will cost 450euro for everything. About twice as much I thought It would cost but at that point, I didn't care. I just wanted my computer back. First thing I did when I got on, was listen to that state of the game and played ladder and it felt gooooooood. All in good time before heading off to work.
The pro noob
MiKTeX
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States234 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 13:57:22
December 13 2011 13:55 GMT
#37566
obligitory "talk about naniwa vs nestea!" comment

with that said, I'm going to be sad when they take their break at the end of the year. (hopefully not as sad as last year, though) honestly I don't really care what they talk about, I just love listening to the cast talk about stuff. the topic could be like laundry folding techniques and I would tune in and download the mp3 file to relisten later on my ipod

so entertaining keep it up <3
FunnyPicture
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden147 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 14:52:56
December 13 2011 14:33 GMT
#37567
Can I please ask you to rethink doing a "drunk cast". I know for a fact you have a lot of younger listeners and it sends a completely wrong message about responsible alcohol consumtion. Most of you guys are, believe it or not, role models for the younger generation. I mean, Artosis getting drunk at 10 in the morning is not an acceptable behavior. I think the level of quality in the previous "drunk cast" was horrible and it makes me cringe listening to it now.

Don't do it JP.
Capsize
Profile Joined April 2010
227 Posts
December 13 2011 14:40 GMT
#37568
On December 13 2011 16:58 MCDayC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 07:10 itmeJP wrote:
Day[9], Artosis vs. EG.iNcontroL, Liquid`Tyler.. 2v2, BO3.

40,000 concurrent. Make it happen.

Awesome! It's gonna be strange to watch Day[9] play starcraft, he's been hiding himself forever.


You can see him play during subscriber's monobattles but I suppose this is going to be a little more serious
Cyro
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United Kingdom20344 Posts
December 13 2011 14:59 GMT
#37569
On December 13 2011 18:18 Aeceus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 11:15 Zzoram wrote:
Day9 doesn't drink.

Whatever, I guess I don't really care if I ever see Day9 play some 1v1. It doesn't matter if he's any good as long as he's a good caster, which is the job we want him to do.

I really wonder how Artosis plays though. We did see him play back when GSL just started, and he even made it to the Ro64 GSL open before getting knocked out. He didn't win a single game in NASL though, so I guess he dropped off hard and never got better.


I believe Artosis streams on Twitch sometimes but he hasn't in a while? Maybe you should check those out if you want there are a couple of videos there.



He beat Grubby atleast once with his zealot archon timing
"oh my god my overclock... I got a single WHEA error on the 23rd hour, 9 minutes" -Belial88
Talin
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Montenegro10532 Posts
December 13 2011 15:00 GMT
#37570
On December 13 2011 23:59 Cyro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 18:18 Aeceus wrote:
On December 13 2011 11:15 Zzoram wrote:
Day9 doesn't drink.

Whatever, I guess I don't really care if I ever see Day9 play some 1v1. It doesn't matter if he's any good as long as he's a good caster, which is the job we want him to do.

I really wonder how Artosis plays though. We did see him play back when GSL just started, and he even made it to the Ro64 GSL open before getting knocked out. He didn't win a single game in NASL though, so I guess he dropped off hard and never got better.


I believe Artosis streams on Twitch sometimes but he hasn't in a while? Maybe you should check those out if you want there are a couple of videos there.



He beat Grubby atleast once with his zealot archon timing


He beat Grubby in a BO3 in their NASL group if I remember correctly.
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
December 13 2011 15:02 GMT
#37571
Can I please ask you to rethink doing a "drunk cast". I know for a fact you have a lot of younger listeners and it sends a completely wrong message about responsible alcohol consumtion. Most of you guys are, believe it or not, role models for the younger generation. I mean, Artosis getting drunk at 10 in the morning is not an acceptable behavior. I think the level of quality in the previous "drunk cast" was horrible and it makes me cringe listening to it now.

Don't do it JP.


second!
With great exposure comes great responsibility.
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
Sareth
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany1008 Posts
December 13 2011 15:25 GMT
#37572
On December 13 2011 07:10 itmeJP wrote:
Day[9], Artosis vs. EG.iNcontroL, Liquid`Tyler.. 2v2, BO3.

40,000 concurrent. Make it happen.


What time GMT will this take place?
I will go to bed at like 8 pm so i can watch this :D
Lush
Profile Joined May 2010
United States657 Posts
December 13 2011 15:28 GMT
#37573
Please try to get Nani on for a few minutes.
"you play that nerdy game?"
Grettin
Profile Joined April 2010
42416 Posts
December 13 2011 15:31 GMT
#37574
On December 14 2011 00:28 Lush wrote:
Please try to get Nani on for a few minutes.


To say the same he already said in the interview? Whats the point.
"If I had force-fields in Brood War, I'd never lose." -Bisu
ragingfungus
Profile Joined September 2010
United States271 Posts
December 13 2011 15:41 GMT
#37575
On December 13 2011 23:33 FunnyPicture wrote:
Can I please ask you to rethink doing a "drunk cast". I know for a fact you have a lot of younger listeners and it sends a completely wrong message about responsible alcohol consumtion. Most of you guys are, believe it or not, role models for the younger generation. I mean, Artosis getting drunk at 10 in the morning is not an acceptable behavior. I think the level of quality in the previous "drunk cast" was horrible and it makes me cringe listening to it now.

Don't do it JP.


I don't understand how what they are doing is irresponsible at all. If anything this is what you want people to be doing while drinking alcohol, sitting at home laughing with each other.
Logic>Everything
Jonton
Profile Joined December 2010
United Kingdom49 Posts
December 13 2011 15:43 GMT
#37576
On December 13 2011 23:33 FunnyPicture wrote:
Can I please ask you to rethink doing a "drunk cast". I know for a fact you have a lot of younger listeners and it sends a completely wrong message about responsible alcohol consumtion. Most of you guys are, believe it or not, role models for the younger generation. I mean, Artosis getting drunk at 10 in the morning is not an acceptable behavior. I think the level of quality in the previous "drunk cast" was horrible and it makes me cringe listening to it now.

Don't do it JP.

Will somebody please think of the children!!!!
RIP KT_Violet
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
December 13 2011 16:29 GMT
#37577
On December 13 2011 23:33 FunnyPicture wrote:
Can I please ask you to rethink doing a "drunk cast". I know for a fact you have a lot of younger listeners and it sends a completely wrong message about responsible alcohol consumtion. Most of you guys are, believe it or not, role models for the younger generation. I mean, Artosis getting drunk at 10 in the morning is not an acceptable behavior. I think the level of quality in the previous "drunk cast" was horrible and it makes me cringe listening to it now.

Don't do it JP.


It's the parents responsibility to vet what their kids watch, this is and has always been a show with a bunch of adult gamers shooting the shit, and fairly frequently it involves talk of alcohol and various lewd jokes. It is not the job of the show to tone it down so that some potential audience members get a good message, the show isn't even marketed towards those young kids.

A show shouldn't have to censor itself because someone outside it's target audience might watch it.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Zandar
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands1541 Posts
December 13 2011 16:37 GMT
#37578
On December 13 2011 11:33 Kharnage wrote:
Day9 said he's getting some nice, expensive Belgium Beer


The guy has good taste =)
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
December 13 2011 16:44 GMT
#37579
You should get Kennigit drunk off something other than Fuzion this time (I remember the brand cause I used to sell it).
NoobieOne
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1183 Posts
December 13 2011 16:55 GMT
#37580
On December 13 2011 23:40 Capsize wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 16:58 MCDayC wrote:
On December 13 2011 07:10 itmeJP wrote:
Day[9], Artosis vs. EG.iNcontroL, Liquid`Tyler.. 2v2, BO3.

40,000 concurrent. Make it happen.

Awesome! It's gonna be strange to watch Day[9] play starcraft, he's been hiding himself forever.


You can see him play during subscriber's monobattles but I suppose this is going to be a little more serious


More serious? While being drunk? While playing on a team with his biggest BW rival (artosis)? I wouldn't be surprised if he just does some silly strategy.
Prev 1 1877 1878 1879 1880 1881 2731 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
BRAT_OK 54
JuggernautJason50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24064
Mini 407
Hyuk 157
firebathero 127
ggaemo 120
Dewaltoss 110
Hyun 39
ZZZero.O 27
ToSsGirL 23
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc7406
febbydoto15
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3593
Khaldor1365
crisheroes1098
Liquid`Hasu802
Other Games
FrodaN2776
Beastyqt905
fl0m896
KnowMe458
mouzStarbuck274
ArmadaUGS137
Mew2King57
Trikslyr43
Chillindude19
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1080
BasetradeTV201
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream34
[ Show 21 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 94
• StrangeGG 43
• Adnapsc2 20
• LUISG 9
• Letter141
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 39
• 80smullet 20
• Azhi_Dahaki2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8203
• WagamamaTV494
Other Games
• imaqtpie954
• Shiphtur296
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 55m
INu's Battles
16h 55m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 55m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 55m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 55m
Replay Cast
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.