• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:16
CEST 15:16
KST 22:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8631 users

Beta Key Self-Nominators - Page 63

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 99 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-18 20:58:46
April 18 2010 20:57 GMT
#1241
On April 19 2010 05:50 Cheree wrote:
I've already said this many times. I expect people who didn't contribute to lose. I expect the staff not to humiliate people who lost/made a mistake nominating themselves when they've contributed nothing to the community. Losing and sighs from other members are enough. I don't expect the staff to unfairly group people who didn't do a mistake with those who did. I don't expect the staff to toy with people who don't deserve it, basically driving people away without getting to know them. I agree that you won't see a vast majority of them again, maybe partly due to the attitude of some of the members/staff are holding. I would have just allowed the natural course of the contest take place. I am starting to feel like TL has some condescending/elite behavior from their members/leaders. There's people like that everywhere, and thanks to this thread, I can start pinpointing these guys out. Getting to know the community goes both ways.

Whether someone stays opted-in or not isn't weeding out anyone. If they're going to leave, they don't need this thread to do it. This thread just pushes those on the verge into leaving when they could be pulled into contributing instead.

You would not be the first to have that impression.

TL has created that impression among many people over it's existence. Frankly, I don't think it's a stretch to say most of us don't really care what most of those people think, especially given their own histories with the site.
Moderator
ProoM
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Lithuania1741 Posts
April 18 2010 21:01 GMT
#1242
I contributed as much as I could, but I nominated myself not for that reason, I nominated myself because I knew that I might get enough votes from all my sc friends, clanmates, students, teachers and fans, to get the beta key ! :}
IMBA - International Mountain Bicycling Association.
IntoTheWow
Profile Blog Joined May 2004
is awesome32282 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-18 21:02:38
April 18 2010 21:02 GMT
#1243
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.

With the people forgetting to re-confirm in the last 2 hours, I expect them to reach the required number.

Those keys could have been gone to contributors
Moderator<:3-/-<
Weedman
Profile Joined April 2010
United States65 Posts
April 18 2010 21:02 GMT
#1244
On April 19 2010 06:01 ProoM wrote:
I contributed as much as I could, but I nominated myself not for that reason, I nominated myself because I knew that I might get enough votes from all my sc friends, clanmates, students, teachers and fans, to get the beta key ! :}


Yeah but dude they all nominated themselves too!
Smoke it!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
April 18 2010 21:03 GMT
#1245
On April 19 2010 06:02 IntoTheWow wrote:
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.

With the people forgetting to re-confirm in the last 2 hours, I expect them to reach the required number.

Those keys could have been gone to contributors

Are there really 40 keys for this? I wouldn't have thought there would be that many devoted to something as spontaneous as this.
Moderator
checo
Profile Joined November 2008
Mexico1364 Posts
April 18 2010 21:04 GMT
#1246
On April 19 2010 06:02 IntoTheWow wrote:
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.

With the people forgetting to re-confirm in the last 2 hours, I expect them to reach the required number.

Those keys could have been gone to contributors


XD thats what will probably hapend... I share some of your anger
El amor no mueve al mundo, ni hace brillar el sol, pero el amor hace latir este corazon....
Hypnotikdel
Profile Joined April 2009
United States333 Posts
April 18 2010 21:04 GMT
#1247
On April 19 2010 06:02 IntoTheWow wrote:
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.


52 actually. 2 people dropped since last update.
LordWeird
Profile Blog Joined November 2007
United States3411 Posts
April 18 2010 21:05 GMT
#1248
On April 19 2010 05:57 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 05:50 Cheree wrote:
I've already said this many times. I expect people who didn't contribute to lose. I expect the staff not to humiliate people who lost/made a mistake nominating themselves when they've contributed nothing to the community. Losing and sighs from other members are enough. I don't expect the staff to unfairly group people who didn't do a mistake with those who did. I don't expect the staff to toy with people who don't deserve it, basically driving people away without getting to know them. I agree that you won't see a vast majority of them again, maybe partly due to the attitude of some of the members/staff are holding. I would have just allowed the natural course of the contest take place. I am starting to feel like TL has some condescending/elite behavior from their members/leaders. There's people like that everywhere, and thanks to this thread, I can start pinpointing these guys out. Getting to know the community goes both ways.

Whether someone stays opted-in or not isn't weeding out anyone. If they're going to leave, they don't need this thread to do it. This thread just pushes those on the verge into leaving when they could be pulled into contributing instead.

You would not be the first to have that impression.

TL has created that impression among many people over it's existence. Frankly, I don't think it's a stretch to say most of us don't really care what most of those people think, especially given their own histories with the site.


I personally would be worried if we didn't give out that impression to people. I felt the same way Cheree felt a long time ago... but I think once you hang around for awhile, you get the feel of things and begin to think the same way as the people you used to think were elitist.

We are a family here and we welcome ANYBODY who is serious about being a part of it...
Chains none
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
April 18 2010 21:08 GMT
#1249
On April 19 2010 06:02 IntoTheWow wrote:
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.

With the people forgetting to re-confirm in the last 2 hours, I expect them to reach the required number.

Those keys could have been gone to contributors


Agreed, this is a problem. It seems that, with the number of people who were canceled due to inactivity, many of those who are staying on can coast their way to getting a key without learning a lesson of any kind.
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
SkytoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Austria1137 Posts
April 18 2010 21:13 GMT
#1250
On April 19 2010 06:08 jgju wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 06:02 IntoTheWow wrote:
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.

With the people forgetting to re-confirm in the last 2 hours, I expect them to reach the required number.

Those keys could have been gone to contributors


Agreed, this is a problem. It seems that, with the number of people who were canceled due to inactivity, many of those who are staying on can coast their way to getting a key without learning a lesson of any kind.


what lesson? i did nothing wrong in nominating myself ( at first i nominated real-penguin after some thought about cool guys here who don't have a key, but then in the thread it specifically told me that nominating myself is fine.), now everyone gets crazy that somebody would even DARE to do something what is allowed. thats bogus. complete bogus. i think everyone who stuck through this 'hell' of totally undeserved flames deserves a key. it's just a KEY. not something special.
Bisu... ;-(
Superiorwolf
Profile Blog Joined March 2007
United States5509 Posts
April 18 2010 21:16 GMT
#1251
What is the required number? Wasn't it like 48 or something? I think it'll still be hard for them to lose many more now, since as they are getting closer to the required number few will want to drop out. But we'll see! I'm impressed by how many dropped out!
Check out my stream at www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=315053 and follow me on Twitter @EGSuppy! :)
ArC_man
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States2798 Posts
April 18 2010 21:17 GMT
#1252
On April 19 2010 06:02 IntoTheWow wrote:
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.

With the people forgetting to re-confirm in the last 2 hours, I expect them to reach the required number.

Those keys could have been gone to contributors

Did you get one yet? I nominated you. I figured my vote held a lot of water =P
crate
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States2474 Posts
April 18 2010 21:18 GMT
#1253
On April 19 2010 06:16 Superiorwolf wrote:
What is the required number?

Hasn't been posted, as far as I know. It's more than zero and, presumably, less than 150.
We did. You did. Yes we can. No. || http://crawl.akrasiac.org/scoring/players/crate.html || twitch.tv/crate3333
Cheree
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada123 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-18 21:21:57
April 18 2010 21:20 GMT
#1254
On April 19 2010 06:05 LordWeird wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 19 2010 05:57 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 05:50 Cheree wrote:
I've already said this many times. I expect people who didn't contribute to lose. I expect the staff not to humiliate people who lost/made a mistake nominating themselves when they've contributed nothing to the community. Losing and sighs from other members are enough. I don't expect the staff to unfairly group people who didn't do a mistake with those who did. I don't expect the staff to toy with people who don't deserve it, basically driving people away without getting to know them. I agree that you won't see a vast majority of them again, maybe partly due to the attitude of some of the members/staff are holding. I would have just allowed the natural course of the contest take place. I am starting to feel like TL has some condescending/elite behavior from their members/leaders. There's people like that everywhere, and thanks to this thread, I can start pinpointing these guys out. Getting to know the community goes both ways.

Whether someone stays opted-in or not isn't weeding out anyone. If they're going to leave, they don't need this thread to do it. This thread just pushes those on the verge into leaving when they could be pulled into contributing instead.

You would not be the first to have that impression.

TL has created that impression among many people over it's existence. Frankly, I don't think it's a stretch to say most of us don't really care what most of those people think, especially given their own histories with the site.


I personally would be worried if we didn't give out that impression to people. I felt the same way Cheree felt a long time ago... but I think once you hang around for awhile, you get the feel of things and begin to think the same way as the people you used to think were elitist.
We are a family here and we welcome ANYBODY who is serious about being a part of it...

Ah, the fun of being on the inside pissing out. The answer to "Why are you pissing on your members and newcommers?" is "You'll understand with time." Tough love, man. Tough love.
*wants beta*
LuDwig-
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Italy1143 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-18 21:25:13
April 18 2010 21:22 GMT
#1255
On April 19 2010 06:04 Hypnotikdel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 06:02 IntoTheWow wrote:
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.


52 actually. 2 people dropped since last update.



53-2=51 ? Or i have to restudy all the math?


On April 19 2010 06:20 Cheree wrote:
Ah, the fun of being on the inside pissing out. The answer to "Why are you pissing on your members and newcommers?" is "You'll understand with time." Tough love, man. Tough love.


The fact is that Tl.net is the standard, is the best site about BW professional scene. They can be elitist simply because they provide high quality features..they don't need to beg for users because useres will always come here..
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=120015&currentpage=98<--Search the HotBid's Post
prosky
Profile Joined January 2007
Poland83 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-18 21:23:44
April 18 2010 21:22 GMT
#1256
On April 19 2010 06:18 crate wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 06:16 Superiorwolf wrote:
What is the required number?

Hasn't been posted, as far as I know. It's more than zero and, presumably, less than 150.



I even dare to say that it's between 0 and 52, since the keys still aren't given out xD



On April 19 2010 06:22 LuDwig- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 06:04 Hypnotikdel wrote:
On April 19 2010 06:02 IntoTheWow wrote:
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.


52 actually. 2 people dropped since last update.



53-2=51 ? Or i have to restudy all the math?



I think he actually ment there 1 MORE person left, than previous dude thought. So it's 54-(1+1)=52.
w00t th3 f00ck ?
snowdrift
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
France2061 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-18 21:25:04
April 18 2010 21:22 GMT
#1257
On April 19 2010 05:50 Cheree wrote:
I am starting to feel like TL has some condescending/elite behavior from their members/leaders. There's people like that everywhere, and thanks to this thread, I can start pinpointing these guys out. Getting to know the community goes both ways.


I'm sure they'll all understand the error of their ways and quickly reform once they know you're watching them. A random white knight's input is always appreciated.
NaDa. Our Lord and sAviOr shall return. Learn to nydus you scrub
Cheree
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada123 Posts
April 18 2010 21:23 GMT
#1258
On April 19 2010 06:22 LuDwig- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 06:04 Hypnotikdel wrote:
On April 19 2010 06:02 IntoTheWow wrote:
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.


52 actually. 2 people dropped since last update.



53-2=51 ? Or i have to restudy all the math?

Math won't help you in this contest.
*wants beta*
getSome[703]
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States753 Posts
April 18 2010 21:23 GMT
#1259
I think/hope that the contest ends with keys being awarded to people who have removed themselves from consideration. Selflessness deserves rewards. Selfishness does not.
Running Log! http://www.runningahead.com/logs/5081b4d7a4a94c5e8fa20b01e668dfb6/calendar
jgju
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States454 Posts
April 18 2010 21:24 GMT
#1260
On April 19 2010 06:13 SkytoM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 19 2010 06:08 jgju wrote:
On April 19 2010 06:02 IntoTheWow wrote:
So 53 left, unless the list is not updated.

With the people forgetting to re-confirm in the last 2 hours, I expect them to reach the required number.

Those keys could have been gone to contributors


Agreed, this is a problem. It seems that, with the number of people who were canceled due to inactivity, many of those who are staying on can coast their way to getting a key without learning a lesson of any kind.


what lesson? i did nothing wrong in nominating myself ( at first i nominated real-penguin after some thought about cool guys here who don't have a key, but then in the thread it specifically told me that nominating myself is fine.), now everyone gets crazy that somebody would even DARE to do something what is allowed. thats bogus. complete bogus. i think everyone who stuck through this 'hell' of totally undeserved flames deserves a key. it's just a KEY. not something special.


Lesson as in seeing the value of the community and the willingness of TL members to give away their own shot at the key to help others, not lesson as in "grrr self nominating is evil"
"For you biting zealots, here's a quote" - Lauryn Hill
Prev 1 61 62 63 64 65 99 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 554
Railgan 60
MindelVK 27
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68105
Calm 10777
Bisu 2428
FanTaSy 857
Stork 731
Rush 560
soO 486
firebathero 213
Snow 179
Last 176
[ Show more ]
Mind 100
Light 98
hero 95
Pusan 78
Sharp 65
Sea.KH 56
Free 44
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Hm[arnc] 34
Mong 33
Bale 33
Sexy 24
Aegong 21
zelot 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
Shine 10
IntoTheRainbow 9
Rock 6
scan(afreeca) 6
Terrorterran 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6951
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
fl0m3652
byalli787
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Other Games
gofns38757
singsing2344
B2W.Neo568
Liquid`RaSZi418
Beastyqt269
Pyrionflax248
Happy197
Hui .116
Trikslyr48
Chillindude15
Mlord2
Khaldor0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV225
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 103
• Response 8
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV500
League of Legends
• Jankos3031
• Nemesis2955
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1381
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 44m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 44m
OSC
9h 44m
Replay Cast
9h 44m
OSC
22h 44m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.