• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:25
CEST 04:25
KST 11:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6087 users

Links/Advertising/Self Promoters - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 20 Next All
zRoMud
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1 Post
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 03:02:04
October 24 2011 13:45 GMT
#201
hi zRo Mud hear come see me at [modedit: I obviously can't read] and come follow me at twitter at [modedit: or maybe I'm just stupid] and come see me live at twitch at [modedit]

User was banned for this post.
i put the pro in protoss
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
October 28 2011 03:01 GMT
#202
On October 01 2011 18:29 ComusLoM wrote:
This is the most hilarious thread on teamliquid. Every time it's bumped you know that it's because someone is advertising.

My theory gains credence.
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-28 03:27:13
October 28 2011 03:27 GMT
#203
On October 01 2011 18:36 SoMuchBetter wrote:
It's only hilarious because you're not part of the mod staff


you could say for us non-banlings that this thread is

*incontrol camera zoom*

SoMuchBetter


yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

SargonTheGreat
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States217 Posts
October 28 2011 05:17 GMT
#204
So, I'm bad at quoting, so I'm just gonna say what I read. I saw one post here (or quote I think) that said Free coaching is okay, but not if you charge. So I have a coaching blog, and I'm wondering if I start charging in a few months, will I have to close my coaching blog?

I've talked to a couple coaches who have free coaching blogs and posts, and it turns out they're charging now, so is this false information that charged coaching ad's are not okay?

Maybe expanding the terms of use would help this issue...the sentence on advertising is short and doesn't answer the questions this thread seems to be answering.
"Your Empire falls and you Lose ever Cent," the gza, protect ya neck: enter the wu tang (36 chambers)
SargonTheGreat
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States217 Posts
October 28 2011 05:20 GMT
#205
oh this is random but the terms of use says "Any claim relating to TeamLiquid's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions."

So why then is the time that is included in every post by our names not in EST? Usually it's a day ahead of EST, suggesting it's based in EU.....

Okay like 75% percent of my posts are nub questions like this I apologize, maybe I should just not ask this but i'm going to : )
"Your Empire falls and you Lose ever Cent," the gza, protect ya neck: enter the wu tang (36 chambers)
ComusLoM
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Norway3547 Posts
October 28 2011 05:35 GMT
#206
On October 28 2011 14:20 SargonTheGreat wrote:
oh this is random but the terms of use says "Any claim relating to TeamLiquid's web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to its conflict of law provisions."

So why then is the time that is included in every post by our names not in EST? Usually it's a day ahead of EST, suggesting it's based in EU.....

Okay like 75% percent of my posts are nub questions like this I apologize, maybe I should just not ask this but i'm going to : )

Do you see top right? That gives the time in KST which is the standard time for TL. KST of course being Korea Standard Time. We are a community that considers ourselves "foreigners" in our own countries due to Brood War, and the fact that TL runs on KST, unless you change it yourself reflects this.
"The White Woman Speaks in Tongues That Are All Lies" - Incontrol; Member #37 of the Chill Fanclub
SargonTheGreat
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States217 Posts
October 28 2011 05:40 GMT
#207
OIC, I knew we were foreigners I just didn't realize it was KST
"Your Empire falls and you Lose ever Cent," the gza, protect ya neck: enter the wu tang (36 chambers)
turdburgler
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
England6749 Posts
October 28 2011 12:25 GMT
#208
On October 28 2011 14:17 SargonTheGreat wrote:
So, I'm bad at quoting, so I'm just gonna say what I read. I saw one post here (or quote I think) that said Free coaching is okay, but not if you charge. So I have a coaching blog, and I'm wondering if I start charging in a few months, will I have to close my coaching blog?

I've talked to a couple coaches who have free coaching blogs and posts, and it turns out they're charging now, so is this false information that charged coaching ad's are not okay?

Maybe expanding the terms of use would help this issue...the sentence on advertising is short and doesn't answer the questions this thread seems to be answering.



it depends on how much you contribute to the site, consider posting a few free help videos first or in your advertisement post as a show of good will to the community. post a lot in help threads or whatever.

even then its a bit of a risk, just pm your plans to a mod first and discuss it rather than jumping head first into advertising and getting banned. im sure they would understand that its tough to pay for a sponsored thread if you havent taken any money in yet, but they would probably expect you to shell out if your coaching does pick up a bit.

Marddox
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom108 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-10-29 12:44:43
October 29 2011 12:41 GMT
#209
On March 26 2010 11:57 itmeJP wrote:
Hey I'm JP from MLG! Small world!


Small world indeed. Sean.
We didn't have no "4 gates" back in the probe drought, no sir! we only had 1 gate, chrono and probes to defend!
Skullsc2
Profile Joined May 2011
Estonia18 Posts
November 02 2011 22:11 GMT
#210
ban those!
Whitescar
Profile Joined November 2011
3 Posts
November 03 2011 15:15 GMT
#211
If you are a bronze to gold player looking for a team. Team Korp wants you! Come on over to channel Korp and give it a try. Look for members KrpWhitescar, KrpAzrael, KrpKuroRaven


User was banned for this post.
[uci] Fizik
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States263 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-03 20:44:22
November 03 2011 20:41 GMT
#212
I don't mean to cause any commotion but I find it troubling when any artist, like myself, who creates something using his or her ability and share that art on this community only to be censored for linking to their own off-site blog that just happens to have links to a cafe press store or something similar.

If the link was such a problem a mod could just simply remove the link and warn, instead the last two times I've recently posted my t-shirt designs I created they completely closed the thread and put it in the trash bin. Now the first time I could understand I had mentioned "selling" said shirt designs but it isn't like I linked to a cafepress store and encouraged people to buy them. The second time I only uploaded the designs, links to enlarged designs, and links to my off-site blog post. Because my blog, that is my property, had a link on it to the cafepress store the post on TL was shut down again for "self promotion". I don't even mention selling shirts nor encourage it.

*shrug* I don't remember TL ever being this strict. First problem of censorship I've seen from TL.
Liquid'HerO fan for LIFE.
Klogon
Profile Blog Joined November 2002
MURICA15980 Posts
November 03 2011 22:57 GMT
#213
We've been stricter on the advertising because this community has become huge and there are tons of opportunists out there that would love to use our forums / community for profit.
Shaetan
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1175 Posts
November 05 2011 05:43 GMT
#214
Does this policy apply to creating/updating a single thread for a weekly community show?
My Casts: www.youtube.com/Shaetan
moge
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States124 Posts
November 09 2011 13:14 GMT
#215
On November 05 2011 14:43 Shaetan wrote:
Does this policy apply to creating/updating a single thread for a weekly community show?


I have the same question. My assumption is, no. I think the spirit of this policy is to keep people from spamming the threads. I think (again, assumption) that one thread that is kept up to date and in which you have discussions about your event would be fine.

I think the key take-away is that if 90% of your posts on TL are about your event then they would view that as taking advantage. If your one show thread is just one of many that you contribute to then I would assume you would be fine.
gentle lover of esports - Product Manager for http://iHearteSports.com
cho bong han
Profile Joined November 2011
Benin3 Posts
November 14 2011 03:58 GMT
#216
--- Nuked ---
cho bong han
Profile Joined November 2011
Benin3 Posts
November 14 2011 03:59 GMT
#217
--- Nuked ---
cho bong han
Profile Joined November 2011
Benin3 Posts
November 14 2011 03:59 GMT
#218
--- Nuked ---
Zergrusher
Profile Joined November 2011
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-17 17:37:11
November 17 2011 06:32 GMT
#219
I was wondering who i could message involving casting.... since I've casted a stupidly huge amount of C&C and casted a few turneys when Kanes waith came out, and was a active member of the communty back when the games were good(but for the sake of moving on to the next C&C game i had to cast C&C4 and it made me cringe having to deal with that sorry excuse for a game) but oh well..... I'm glad I'm a playing Starcraft right now and I'm ...........a RTS fan in general

Also I was playing SC2 since day 1 while i was dealing with that stupid "end of the tiberium searies" so I'm very happy with the game, but i see problems, HOTS has fixed some, but not all.
I have a rich history in gaming.......Ever since i was 12 I have been playing PC games....... I've played every tycoon and sid meyer game, every sim city, nearly every C&C and expansion, also nearly every civilization game........ and I played abit of SC1 and BW..... and now currectly I'm in love with SC2 and excited for heart of the swarm




sorry for the wall of text i just wanted to be clear I'm not fool, nor am i am stranger to RTS games and I'm glad sites like team liquid exist :D
PreDawn
Profile Joined November 2011
Australia3 Posts
November 19 2011 15:51 GMT
#220
Why abuse a system that shows so much respect for the community. I completely agree with this, people need to stop self promoting. Promote for the stream and all the games TL supports. Don't promote for yourself, its disrespectful to TL.
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings173
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 188
ProTech126
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 232
Terrorterran 18
Bale 16
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm197
League of Legends
Doublelift5857
JimRising 720
Counter-Strike
taco 241
minikerr40
Other Games
summit1g13225
C9.Mang0459
PiLiPiLi16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1165
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP182
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 35m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
8h 35m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 35m
Replay Cast
20h 35m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 8h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.