• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:19
CEST 17:19
KST 00:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup6StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror SC4ALL II: Brood War Player Announcement 4/4 Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9044 users

Links/Advertising/Self Promoters - Page 9

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 20 Next All
Zeke50100
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2220 Posts
July 22 2011 23:15 GMT
#161
Hey, guys, I found a really cool thread and I think everybody should read it. I'm not trying to advertise, but it's a pretty cool thread!

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=117332

*cough*
SLTR.Maverick
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada142 Posts
July 23 2011 15:19 GMT
#162
I'm fairly new to the TL forums, although not new to esports, and I really like this up-front, no-fluff, honest attitude. There are too many other forums that lack this type of governance (if that's an appropriate thing to call it).

Anyways, I'll keep it in mind if I ever have anything to link/promote.

[S]laughter Gaming
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
July 25 2011 01:43 GMT
#163
Why hasn't the Well Played tourney been put in the stream link, and why was it's thread closed down? They weren't even given a chance to interact with the community, and they were told that they were advertising. Why?
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
1hpBuiltForLove
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada89 Posts
July 30 2011 16:21 GMT
#164
Over the past few weeks, I have had a growing annoyance, with a certain 'featured user stream' on TL. It fits in with the subject of advertisement/ self-promotion, which makes me happy that this article is open.

The subject of self-advertisement, asking for donations/viewer support from E-Athletes is as new to me as SC2. I do find it respectable, lawful, and similar to the act of busking, which cannot be confused with panhandling.

Though I am annoyed by one user stream in particular*, whom has a habit of asking for generous contributions, and providing his paypal information more frequently then there are commercial breaks. To clarify, he asks for money A LOT! He is worse then the twenty minutes of advertisement you get when you are at the theatre. I find the stream has become a joke, and I am now longer interested in watching this user,(I will click un-follow after this is posted).

This users actions are unique, as I do not find other players acting in this manner. Can an admin respond, and inform me to whether this users actions are acceptable or not on TL? And if they are not acceptable, could you please give this player a warning for verbal advertisements, and allow him text space where he can ask for donations. His gameplay is very entertaining, though I am annoyed and losing interest as a fan, as his antics are becoming more compareable with panning, then they would ever seem to balance out with what an E-athlete does.

*allowing anonymity to user with stream
p4NDemik
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States13896 Posts
July 30 2011 16:44 GMT
#165
PM an admin if you think it is that bad but usually we only regulate what people do on the forums and in the descriptions of their streams. What they do while they stream is generally not held against them except in certain circumstances.
Moderator
101toss
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
3232 Posts
August 09 2011 23:36 GMT
#166
On July 18 2011 10:36 TangSC wrote:
I put a youtube link in my quote...but I provide free analysis/tutorials etc which I think will be of overall benefit to TL users. Is this kind of advertisement acceptable?

Afaik, free lessons and coaching is okay, paid is not
Math doesn't kill champions and neither do wards
Mykill
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada3402 Posts
August 10 2011 03:19 GMT
#167
On July 31 2011 01:21 1hpBuiltForLove wrote:
Over the past few weeks, I have had a growing annoyance, with a certain 'featured user stream' on TL. It fits in with the subject of advertisement/ self-promotion, which makes me happy that this article is open.

The subject of self-advertisement, asking for donations/viewer support from E-Athletes is as new to me as SC2. I do find it respectable, lawful, and similar to the act of busking, which cannot be confused with panhandling.

Though I am annoyed by one user stream in particular*, whom has a habit of asking for generous contributions, and providing his paypal information more frequently then there are commercial breaks. To clarify, he asks for money A LOT! He is worse then the twenty minutes of advertisement you get when you are at the theatre. I find the stream has become a joke, and I am now longer interested in watching this user,(I will click un-follow after this is posted).

This users actions are unique, as I do not find other players acting in this manner. Can an admin respond, and inform me to whether this users actions are acceptable or not on TL? And if they are not acceptable, could you please give this player a warning for verbal advertisements, and allow him text space where he can ask for donations. His gameplay is very entertaining, though I am annoyed and losing interest as a fan, as his antics are becoming more compareable with panning, then they would ever seem to balance out with what an E-athlete does.

*allowing anonymity to user with stream


I don't see a problem with them asking, clearly if you are still watching the stream the player must be of strong skill so you can donate if you like. It's pretty personal whether or not you wish to donate so I don't think it's much of an issue, they did get the stream featured so must be doing something right.
[~~The Impossible Leads To Invention~~] CJ Entusman #52 The problem with internet quotations is that they are hard to verify -Abraham Lincoln c.1863
Kralic
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada2628 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-10 19:56:50
August 10 2011 19:56 GMT
#168
Donations being asked are fine, but if the player decides that they will stop streaming until a certain amount is donated then that is bad news. As long as it stays on their steam and not on the forums for me to have to scroll through to read other posts then that is alright in my books.
Brood War forever!
FubsyGamr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States212 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-11 18:32:14
August 11 2011 01:06 GMT
#169


User was warned for this post
AnxiousHippo
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Australia1451 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-12 08:37:26
August 11 2011 11:30 GMT
#170
On August 11 2011 10:06 FubsyGamr wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hey guys!

I have been trying to get some buddies more into SC2, which they have been open to try. We made a 'deal' of sorts, where I would help them start up their Call of Duty youtube page, and they would try SC2 (we're all buddies IRL).

They've been playing SC2, and loving it! It's now my turn to hold up my end of the bargain, and I've got their youtube page up and running. It'd be great to get some support from the TL community, especially from those interested in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

The page will be dedicated to the [GLRY] clan, and will eventually have videos up from all of the clan members, playing the game the way they do best (they are all exceptionally good players).

I was given an "honorary invitation" into the clan, because I'm the tech guy. I even decided to bootcamp my iMac, download it off of steam, and record my own video while the rest of them are on vacation. (I'm a terrible MW2 player lol).

Thanks for support, guys!

youtube.com/theglrygamers
theglrygamers@gmail.com

Videos:
I Am JBear (our best player, and basically team captain)
+ Show Spoiler +




FubsyGamr (me!) just making a fool of myself
+ Show Spoiler +




EDIT: If you have any requests of things you'd like to see out of the clan, just let us know!
Insanity! Seriously. What?


Why is this in SC2 General instead of General?
An apple a day keeps the Protoss away | TLHF
FubsyGamr
Profile Joined July 2010
United States212 Posts
August 11 2011 16:26 GMT
#171
On August 11 2011 20:30 AnxiousHippo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2011 10:06 FubsyGamr wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hey guys!

I have been trying to get some buddies more into SC2, which they have been open to try. We made a 'deal' of sorts, where I would help them start up their Call of Duty youtube page, and they would try SC2 (we're all buddies IRL).

They've been playing SC2, and loving it! It's now my turn to hold up my end of the bargain, and I've got their youtube page up and running. It'd be great to get some support from the TL community, especially from those interested in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

The page will be dedicated to the [GLRY] clan, and will eventually have videos up from all of the clan members, playing the game the way they do best (they are all exceptionally good players).

I was given an "honorary invitation" into the clan, because I'm the tech guy. I even decided to bootcamp my iMac, download it off of steam, and record my own video while the rest of them are on vacation. (I'm a terrible MW2 player lol).

Thanks for support, guys!

youtube.com/theglrygamers
theglrygamers@gmail.com

Videos:
I Am JBear (our best player, and basically team captain)
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlXkTW_G3D8&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzalsrsNafU&feature=related

FubsyGamr (me!) just making a fool of myself
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_mjAfoLMLs


EDIT: If you have any requests of things you'd like to see out of the clan, just let us know!
Insanity! Seriously. What?


Why is this in SC2 General instead of General?

Hey guys, my bad. I originally posted this in the "Sports/Gaming" area, and someone linked me to this post instead, suggesting that it would be better here. I clicked on the link and posted here, not realizing that it was in SC2 General.

Sorry about that =/
raaaiiiii
Profile Joined January 2011
United States89 Posts
August 11 2011 16:50 GMT
#172
On August 12 2011 01:26 FubsyGamr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 11 2011 20:30 AnxiousHippo wrote:
On August 11 2011 10:06 FubsyGamr wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Hey guys!

I have been trying to get some buddies more into SC2, which they have been open to try. We made a 'deal' of sorts, where I would help them start up their Call of Duty youtube page, and they would try SC2 (we're all buddies IRL).

They've been playing SC2, and loving it! It's now my turn to hold up my end of the bargain, and I've got their youtube page up and running. It'd be great to get some support from the TL community, especially from those interested in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

The page will be dedicated to the [GLRY] clan, and will eventually have videos up from all of the clan members, playing the game the way they do best (they are all exceptionally good players).

I was given an "honorary invitation" into the clan, because I'm the tech guy. I even decided to bootcamp my iMac, download it off of steam, and record my own video while the rest of them are on vacation. (I'm a terrible MW2 player lol).

Thanks for support, guys!

youtube.com/theglrygamers
theglrygamers@gmail.com

Videos:
I Am JBear (our best player, and basically team captain)
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlXkTW_G3D8&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzalsrsNafU&feature=related

FubsyGamr (me!) just making a fool of myself
+ Show Spoiler +

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_mjAfoLMLs


EDIT: If you have any requests of things you'd like to see out of the clan, just let us know!
Insanity! Seriously. What?


Why is this in SC2 General instead of General?

Hey guys, my bad. I originally posted this in the "Sports/Gaming" area, and someone linked me to this post instead, suggesting that it would be better here. I clicked on the link and posted here, not realizing that it was in SC2 General.

Sorry about that =/



Perhaps you should read the OP. It is relative to your post.
DesertEag1e
Profile Joined December 2010
United States2 Posts
August 14 2011 21:23 GMT
#173
--- Nuked ---
Disbethenewking
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3 Posts
August 20 2011 08:24 GMT
#174
Hey check out this strream! Diamond Protoss just trying to have some fun!! CHECK IT OUT! http://www.twitch.tv/procheeto
Try and win OR JUST BEASTMODE!
Velexe
Profile Joined August 2011
Australia71 Posts
August 20 2011 10:20 GMT
#175
I'm new to TL.net, so I'm not sure if this has been answered somewhere or something, but say I was promoting a blog or something like that, what about putting it in the quotes bar thing at the bottom of your posts? I probably phrased that wrong but I think I make some semblance of sense?
Velexe | #=263 | Random | Diamond
NewbieOne
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Poland560 Posts
August 24 2011 13:31 GMT
#176
I am a Polish-English and English-Polish translator (I also translate Latin but unless you're looking for a fancy clan name or motto I don't know what you'd need it for in connection with SC2), as in a professional translator who does it for a living as a normal, registered company. So if you ever need help of this kind, just drop me a line and I'll be glad to help a fellow gamer (for no charge in case this isn't 100% clear yet).
57 Corvette
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Canada5941 Posts
August 30 2011 02:50 GMT
#177
(I wanted to post here before I actualy went through with my plans)

I am planning on making a blog post about my youtube channel, the kind of videos i put out, ask for critizim/stuff but I want to make sure that it is not something I will be warned/banned about. In all honesty, i have not contibuted much to this site (aside from the 2.7k posts of mine), but I feel I am well known enough that I should be ok to go.

This is just asking for conformation from the mods that I am allowed to do this.
Survival is winning, everything else is bullshit.
fer
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada375 Posts
August 30 2011 03:06 GMT
#178
LOL this thread could really use a new title. Most people here seem to believe this is a thread FOR self-advertising/promoting.
WellPlayed.org <3
VTJRaen
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom238 Posts
August 31 2011 10:47 GMT
#179
On August 30 2011 11:50 57 Corvette wrote:
(I wanted to post here before I actualy went through with my plans)

I am planning on making a blog post about my youtube channel, the kind of videos i put out, ask for critizim/stuff but I want to make sure that it is not something I will be warned/banned about. In all honesty, i have not contibuted much to this site (aside from the 2.7k posts of mine), but I feel I am well known enough that I should be ok to go.

This is just asking for conformation from the mods that I am allowed to do this.


I've previously PM'd Nazgul about doing this for myself, and he told me that if you work on menaingful projects or matches then it's perfectly fine to make a blog or a topic in General. You're asking for criticism, so that's community interaction. Can't see a problem with you making a blog.
Multiplay eSports Co-Ordinator
ABeastAmI
Profile Joined August 2011
Denmark16 Posts
August 31 2011 19:41 GMT
#180
What about me as a newbie(upper bronze league) want's a coach a sparing partner to bounce idea's and advice, so we both(or just me) becomes a better player??

I came to this site because 1. you guy's are awesome 2. i saw a Day9 vid were he said it was important to find a someone(or a grp) to learn from and play against.

So is/has it a big no no, cause all i do is to say "hey i wanna become a better gamer".
Bronze looking for coach and fun ;-P
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 20 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
00:00
#14
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
Harstem195
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Harstem 195
Railgan 88
IndyStarCraft 49
trigger 46
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 53488
Shuttle 7712
BeSt 785
Horang2 492
actioN 263
Larva 209
Sexy 200
ggaemo 155
Soma 148
Last 115
[ Show more ]
Mind 102
Zeus 78
hero 57
Hyun 55
Aegong 49
Killer 47
ToSsGirL 30
Bale 26
PianO 23
Rock 16
NaDa 12
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc4862
qojqva2774
Dendi1449
420jenkins457
Fuzer 112
Counter-Strike
fl0m3361
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1177
Liquid`Hasu762
MindelVK7
Other Games
singsing882
B2W.Neo880
Beastyqt609
Mlord472
byalli386
Livibee222
ArmadaUGS200
Hui .192
KnowMe120
QueenE86
Mew2King59
CosmosSc2 31
Chillindude20
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick796
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream56
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 56
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2917
League of Legends
• Nemesis2803
Other Games
• WagamamaTV205
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 41m
BSL Open Qualifier
3h 41m
Replay Cast
7h 41m
Afreeca Starleague
18h 41m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
19h 41m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d
Replay Cast
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 18h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 19h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.