• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:27
CEST 17:27
KST 00:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9302 users

[Guide] Streaming SC2 Beta - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
sjon03
Profile Joined July 2009
United States231 Posts
February 28 2010 09:38 GMT
#41
Nebbs, that'd be great if you could post your FMLE config if it's not too much trouble. I actually played with the settings some more in Procaster and I think I'm back at the quality I had before. The quality is definitely nowhere near 1080p though!
Nebbs
Profile Joined February 2010
United States13 Posts
February 28 2010 10:11 GMT
#42
+ Show Spoiler +
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<flashmedialiveencoder_profile>
<preset>
<name>Custom</name>
<description></description>
</preset>
<capture>
<video>
<device>VHScrCap</device>
<crossbar_input>0</crossbar_input>
<frame_rate>15.00</frame_rate>
<size>
<width>1920</width>
<height>1080</height>
</size>
</video>
<audio>
<device>"What U Hear" (Creative SB X-Fi</device>
<crossbar_input>0</crossbar_input>
<sample_rate>44100</sample_rate>
<channels>2</channels>
<input_volume>75</input_volume>
</audio>
</capture>
<encode>
<video>
<format>VP6</format>
<datarate>1800;</datarate>
<outputsize>1920x1080;</outputsize>
<advanced>
<keyframe_frequency>10 Seconds</keyframe_frequency>
<quality>Great Quality - Avg Framerate</quality>
<noise_reduction>None</noise_reduction>
<datarate_window>Small</datarate_window>
<cpu_usage>Dedicated</cpu_usage>
</advanced>
<autoadjust>
<enable>false</enable>
<maxbuffersize>1</maxbuffersize>
<dropframes>
<enable>false</enable>
</dropframes>
<degradequality>
<enable>false</enable>
<minvideobitrate></minvideobitrate>
<preservepfq>false</preservepfq>
</degradequality>
</autoadjust>
</video>
<audio>
<format>MP3</format>
<datarate>96</datarate>
</audio>
</encode>
<restartinterval>
<days></days>
<hours></hours>
<minutes></minutes>
</restartinterval>
<reconnectinterval>
<attempts></attempts>
<interval></interval>
</reconnectinterval>
<output>
<rtmp>
<url>rtmp://live.justin.tv/app</url>
<backup_url></backup_url>
<stream>YOUR STREAM INFO HERE</stream>
</rtmp>
</output>
<metadata>
<entry>
<key>author</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
<entry>
<key>copyright</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
<entry>
<key>description</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
<entry>
<key>keywords</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
<entry>
<key>rating</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
<entry>
<key>title</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
</metadata>
<preview>
<video>
<output>
<zoom>100%</zoom>
</output>
</video>
</preview>
<log>
<level>100</level>
<directory>C:\Users\Nebbs\Videos</directory>
</log>
</flashmedialiveencoder_profile>

Thats my current VP6 1080p config that I use to stream on justin.tv with FMLE 3.0 and VHSC.

A few points of interest, the maxfps is 15, this is essential to high quality as the less frames you have to process the less lagg/dropped frames and higher quality those frames can be, quality over quantity =P

Also, the "datarate" or kbps is 1800 because i've found that anything above 2100 and comcast will start "throttling" my bandwidth causing the stream to stop/lag/buffer the "datarate_window" is the amount that the "datarate" is allowed to fluctuate so setting it to small keeps it at around 1800-2000 which is just under my limit.

The "keyframe_frequency" is also important as when I set this to a lower value, it requires more bandwidth because it sends keyframes more frequently which is more data than a usual frame (or at least thats what I've come to believe) and I just don't have that kind of bandwidth.

If you do start to drop a lot of frames constantly (I drop 1 or 2 every now and then but its unnoticeable) then lower the "quality" (you can find the available settings within FME")

Hope this helps sjon03 and others =D
Random?
sjon03
Profile Joined July 2009
United States231 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 22:50:58
February 28 2010 22:11 GMT
#43
Thanks, Nebbs! I'll give this a try.

Edit
I've been trying to select VHScrCap as my video input in FMLE, but I keep getting an empty black box on my screen the size of the resolution I choose for input. Any tips, Nebbs?
Nebbs
Profile Joined February 2010
United States13 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 22:56:50
February 28 2010 22:56 GMT
#44
Do you have Fraps running? That causes me to have a black screen in FMLE until I close Fraps and reopen FMLE.
Random?
sjon03
Profile Joined July 2009
United States231 Posts
February 28 2010 23:19 GMT
#45
I don't have Fraps installed, but I was running the VHScrCapDlg.exe before opening FMLE which I think was causing the problem. I'm still messing with it, making progress (with your help of course)!
Nebbs
Profile Joined February 2010
United States13 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-28 23:24:58
February 28 2010 23:22 GMT
#46
If you are using "What You Hear" for your sound in FMLE any program (Like Fraps) that records from that source is going to cause the black screen in FMLE untill you close that program. This has to do with Vista/Win7 DRM shit (I dont understand it completely but I know its a problem).

Edit for clarity: To check if this is the problem, open FMLE and your "Recording Devices" and check to see that the "What you hear" device isn't "Currently unavailable".

Hope that helps
Random?
sjon03
Profile Joined July 2009
United States231 Posts
February 28 2010 23:31 GMT
#47
I just remembered now after reading your post that FMLE doesn't detect any audio devices on my computer, so I may end up sticking with Procaster ha! But I still want to see the beautiful video stream just to see it. Plus I wouldn't want your efforts in helping me go to waste!
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
February 28 2010 23:31 GMT
#48
On February 26 2010 02:49 no_re wrote:
When streaming SC2 with Procaster the stream keeps going offline whilst im playing, and coming back online, any ideas as to why?


How frequent are the dropouts, you could be trying for more bandwidth than you have, or you have it set higher than the 500kbps that livestream allows for free users, or you just have a bad connect to llvestream
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Nebbs
Profile Joined February 2010
United States13 Posts
February 28 2010 23:33 GMT
#49
I don't understand why people insist on using livestream when justin.tv allows for practically unlimited KBPS and as many users as you can get.. with a much easier to navigate and more user friendly environment. If its the VOD feature, I'm pretty positive j.tv supports this as well but I don't use it.
Random?
HiOT
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
Sweden1000 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-03-01 01:19:02
March 01 2010 01:14 GMT
#50
when I try to stream me and my opponet get major delay in play.
Officially the founder of Team Property (:
h4rvey
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada249 Posts
March 01 2010 15:25 GMT
#51
i have the video stream going but i cannot get my game sounds to play through the stream. i installed and setup virtual audio cables as i seen in another post but it does not work.

Anyone here have AIM or MSN that i could chat with about this?
Back 2 SC2. Working my way back up again!
iSiN
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1075 Posts
March 01 2010 15:32 GMT
#52
Ummm Note 4 is incorrect (At least for me) The stream pauses when you minimize because the opengl/directx app isn't doing anything. When I maximize my stream continues as normal, I've never had to restart it because I minimized.
Grouty @HoN/PCKJ <--<333 || Jaedong Fan Cafe GFX
h4rvey
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada249 Posts
March 02 2010 00:47 GMT
#53
ok i have the sound working now.

but my stream cuts out and goes offline alot, it will come back but cuts out for 2-3mins at a time.

My internet connection is Cable 15 up 1 down.. is that not good enough to stream with?

Also should i be lowering in game video settings?

I also havnt read about any ports that would need to be open
Back 2 SC2. Working my way back up again!
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
March 02 2010 01:37 GMT
#54
Any tip on getting verified?
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
cvax
Profile Joined August 2009
United States7 Posts
March 03 2010 06:14 GMT
#55
sjon03,

What settings you using on your procaster? Thanks.
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
March 03 2010 14:33 GMT
#56
yeah no ports need to be opened. verification is done thruogh loging in at livestream, and for most people they just need teh default settings, no touching required,
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
h4rvey
Profile Joined December 2008
Canada249 Posts
March 03 2010 18:51 GMT
#57
my pc was acting really strange for the past week so i formated it. gonna set it up and see if it works better now.
Back 2 SC2. Working my way back up again!
meathook
Profile Joined December 2007
1289 Posts
March 07 2010 21:28 GMT
#58
How do you stop the flickering? I have a friend who is trying to stream, but his stream flickers like Hell... he's using VHScrCap and FMLE. It looks nice when it's not flickering though...
An ugly planet. A bug planet.
meathook
Profile Joined December 2007
1289 Posts
March 22 2010 11:09 GMT
#59
Right, so fixing the flickering wasn't that hard after all, but now there are performance issues with SC2 while streaming.

I don't have a bad machine, however, for some reason I get this huge lag when I start the stream. I have already set the settings to lowest possible, but it only helped marginally.
Is there some sort of option somewhere that could minimize the resource-hogging of sc2 + fmle + vhscrcap? Thx for answers.
An ugly planet. A bug planet.
Imagine
Profile Joined March 2010
Poland4 Posts
March 22 2010 18:16 GMT
#60
I'm new for streaming but have one problem of the procaster. Why my stream is no voice? no music no sound effects , only what anybody listen is when i'm typing on keyboard or my internet messanger . Anybody can help me with that? maybe settings audio or something - in that i'll mixed up all the setting and it isn't works. ;x
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5184
Bisu 2790
Soulkey 1612
Jaedong 701
EffOrt 564
Mini 536
Horang2 412
Larva 365
actioN 272
ZerO 263
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 239
Yoon 133
sorry 98
Dewaltoss 97
Mind 94
Sea.KH 77
Sharp 75
Shinee 71
hero 69
Snow 61
Pusan 58
Barracks 57
Hyun 43
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 25
Trap 22
Rock 17
scan(afreeca) 16
Terrorterran 16
NaDa 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5555
qojqva2595
Dendi1204
420jenkins213
Counter-Strike
fl0m2337
Fnx 684
x6flipin513
edward0
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi944
hiko939
B2W.Neo482
crisheroes295
DeMusliM251
XBOCT237
Livibee193
Liquid`VortiX184
QueenE94
Mew2King45
ZerO(Twitch)22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• mYiSmile137
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV652
League of Legends
• Nemesis3272
• TFBlade482
• Noizen106
Other Games
• Shiphtur364
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 33m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.