• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:27
CEST 17:27
KST 00:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)74Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9302 users

[Guide] Streaming SC2 Beta - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
CynanMachae
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Canada1459 Posts
February 24 2010 04:28 GMT
#21
I've tried streaming with Camtasia + FMLE but I had weird black flickering stuff that made it pretty much unwatchable >< Haven't tried Procaster
Jang Yoon Chul hwaiting!
Noobrosi
Profile Joined February 2010
United States4 Posts
February 24 2010 04:44 GMT
#22
I would also like to know if we could add ourselves to the stream list or is it something only a moderator can do.
phase
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States399 Posts
February 24 2010 07:33 GMT
#23
On February 24 2010 13:28 CynanMachae wrote:
I've tried streaming with Camtasia + FMLE but I had weird black flickering stuff that made it pretty much unwatchable >< Haven't tried Procaster


I'm having the same problem as you when I try to use Camtasia + FMLE.... It's pretty unwatchable, even when I turned the resolution down to 1680x1050. Weird because I swear my PC setup is pwoerful enough to stream it... Hell, I was even streaming Crysis the other day....
semantics
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
10040 Posts
February 24 2010 07:36 GMT
#24
It's because camtasia doesn't take into account it's a game and doesn't do anything to take advantage of that. So the larger the resolution you play at the harder it is on the cpu because the cpu is doing all the work this was alright using such a tiny resolution of sc1 and such an old game but it's harder to fly on a demanding game like sc2
Most will find recording at fullscreen using camtasia it will be hard to maintain 30 fps even outside of game.
phase
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United States399 Posts
February 24 2010 07:55 GMT
#25
On February 24 2010 16:36 Virtue wrote:
It's because camtasia doesn't take into account it's a game and doesn't do anything to take advantage of that. So the larger the resolution you play at the harder it is on the cpu because the cpu is doing all the work this was alright using such a tiny resolution of sc1 and such an old game but it's harder to fly on a demanding game like sc2
Most will find recording at fullscreen using camtasia it will be hard to maintain 30 fps even outside of game.


Well my game still has like 40-50 fps, whereas camtasia's quality is just horrible. I can't see that it's horrible in game, but everybody on the stream sees it as horrible. Looking at my task manager it doesn't seem like my CPU is being stressed that much either. All "8 virtual cores" are being used on my i7, but they aren't being used over like 30%...
Dacendoran
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States825 Posts
February 24 2010 07:56 GMT
#26
On February 24 2010 13:17 Xaanix wrote:
how do i add a stream to TL?
(user streams area?)

I was wondering the same thing. Also maybe a small guide for Livestream on some sugguestions on how to get the 50 viewer channel lock removed
pachi
Profile Joined October 2006
Melbourne5338 Posts
February 24 2010 09:53 GMT
#27
to add a stream to TL, pm sonuvbob and maybe make a stream thread
Moderatorpachi fanclub http://goto.tl/6DI9 。◕‿◕。
Fungee
Profile Joined February 2010
Finland42 Posts
February 24 2010 21:39 GMT
#28
What about VHScrCap instead of Camtasia?
It's easy being an experimentalist. If you fail try again.
Insane
Profile Blog Joined November 2003
United States4991 Posts
February 24 2010 21:43 GMT
#29
I tried to stream SC2 early on, but I had issues where my mouse lagged and stuff.
Am I just going to be unable to stream it due to CPU (or whatever) issues?
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
February 24 2010 22:50 GMT
#30
On February 25 2010 06:43 Insane wrote:
I tried to stream SC2 early on, but I had issues where my mouse lagged and stuff.
Am I just going to be unable to stream it due to CPU (or whatever) issues?

yeah probably, what u can do is try streaming a 3d game u have that is not an online game, if it streams perfectly than maybe its your internet :D
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
February 24 2010 22:51 GMT
#31
On February 24 2010 11:43 no_re wrote:
Im trying to stream SC2 with Procaster and get the following message when I try to start broadcasting

"To begin game casting, please open a DirectX or OpenGL game and press CTRL+F1"

(I already have SC2 running and fullscreened)


any ideas?

oh i thought maybe i said it needs to be in GAME mode there are two buttons as soon as any procaster opens up (Screen) (Game) theres your answer any more problems, ill be checking in now that ppl are taking interest, unfortunately a friend who is not really a friend said my thread was very unhelpful. but he was very blind i had to actually screen snapshot and send him stuff over msn he cudnt find out how to take off the HUD on bottom left aahahah. But yeah this is your problem. Cheers.
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
wishbones
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
Canada2600 Posts
February 24 2010 22:53 GMT
#32
and now that i have the AHEM client and im able to watch reps, i can safely say my thread is legit :D
joined TL.net in 2006 (aka GMer) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=41944#2
.gypsy
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada689 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-25 01:24:25
February 25 2010 01:20 GMT
#33
Nevermind sry for bump
https://www.twitch.tv/gypsy93
rANDY
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
United Kingdom748 Posts
February 25 2010 17:49 GMT
#34
When streaming SC2 with Procaster the stream keeps going offline whilst im playing, and coming back online, any ideas as to why?
FortuneSyn
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
1826 Posts
February 25 2010 18:05 GMT
#35
I wish I could stream but my little laptop is overheating enough as it is.
dduz
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden4 Posts
February 25 2010 23:08 GMT
#36
I'm having audio trouble on my stream. It seems I cant stream both ventrilo (myself and others) AND ingame sound. I'm using a soundmax HD integrated soundcard OR a sennheiser USB card.

Also when I manage to get the ingame sound working, there is alot of noise and buzzing wich isnt very nice to hear.

Anyone that has tips how to get good audio on your stream?
Dirr Dirr
slained
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada966 Posts
February 28 2010 05:37 GMT
#37
Anyone know how i can record a cursor.. and my sound kinda crapped out a few times for a few seconds

.. this is from procaster, saved into youtube
I_Love_Bacon
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States5765 Posts
February 28 2010 05:39 GMT
#38
On February 25 2010 06:39 Fungee wrote:
What about VHScrCap instead of Camtasia?


The SC community loves Camtasia, but I've never really known why. For all of my streams and friends' streams I help setup I recommend VHScrcap. I love the window selection mode on it and couldn't imagine streaming without it unless I had duel monitors set up.
" i havent been playin sc2 but i woke up w/ a boner and i really had to pee... and my crisis management and micro was really something to behold. it inspired me to play some games today" -Liquid'Tyler
sjon03
Profile Joined July 2009
United States231 Posts
February 28 2010 06:22 GMT
#39
I was hoping someone could help me with my stream quality. I've been streaming SC2 for about a week now, but my stream quality has dropped after installing Windows 7 Professional. Before Windows 7 Professional I was using Windows 7 Release Candidate. You can watch the on demand videos from my previous streams at www.livestream.com/jessicajung and compare them to the on demand videos from today February 28. Could it be that I am missing codecs that I once had? Or am I simply missing some settings in Procaster? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Nebbs
Profile Joined February 2010
United States13 Posts
February 28 2010 09:11 GMT
#40
Just wanted to add that if you are streaming with FMLE and VHSC and trying to get a HD stream (720p or 1080p), VP6 works best for SC2 and use a FPS setting of 15 (You can't even tell when watching the stream). This is how people (like myself www.justin.tv/nebbs4ghz) stream in 1080p with perfect quality. If you want more info I would be happy to post my FMLE config.
Random?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 33m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5184
Bisu 2790
Soulkey 1612
Jaedong 701
EffOrt 564
Mini 536
Horang2 412
Larva 365
actioN 272
ZerO 263
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 239
Yoon 133
sorry 98
Dewaltoss 97
Mind 94
Sea.KH 77
Sharp 75
Shinee 71
hero 69
Snow 61
Pusan 58
Barracks 57
Hyun 43
Bale 31
ToSsGirL 25
Trap 22
Rock 17
scan(afreeca) 16
Terrorterran 16
NaDa 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
zelot 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5555
qojqva2595
Dendi1204
420jenkins213
Counter-Strike
fl0m2337
Fnx 684
x6flipin513
edward0
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi944
hiko939
B2W.Neo482
crisheroes295
DeMusliM251
XBOCT237
Livibee193
Liquid`VortiX184
QueenE94
Mew2King45
ZerO(Twitch)22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 76
• mYiSmile137
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 38
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV652
League of Legends
• Nemesis3272
• TFBlade482
• Noizen106
Other Games
• Shiphtur364
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
8h 33m
Patches Events
1d
The PondCast
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 19h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.