• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:50
CEST 02:50
KST 09:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9517 users

Day[9].tv Daily - Page 605

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 603 604 605 606 607 1118 Next
GGQ
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Canada2653 Posts
October 12 2010 05:44 GMT
#12081
On October 12 2010 14:26 Sylvr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2010 14:04 Tyrio wrote:
Is it purely alphabetical (A, B, C...etc.) or alphabetical relative to you (so if your name started with a T, you'd have to go U, V, W,...A, B, C)? Seems a bit awkward if its the former, everyone will gang up on one guy each time. The latter seems a lot more fun.


I think your version of the rules would be better, but unfortunately, Day9 didn't specify that (yet). Hopefully we can get the idea into his head by the end of Tomorrow's cast so he can amend the rules before too much time has passed.


Yeah I'm pretty sure his current ruleset is that everyone goes from A-Z. I played a game where I was third in line out of four, so I safely double expanded and maxed out while helping kill the first two guys, then the last guy was behind about 200 cannons... so I just took a few minutes to tech switch to ranged colossus and won easily. I think this would probably work better if it wasn't the case that everyone playing FFA right now is doing the daily...

Since then I've been trying to get into a game where I'm the lowest letter so I'll have to play an epic game in hero hold mode right from the beginning. Haven't gotten one yet.

Anyone seen any abusive tactics yet? I've seen people with really late letters start walling everyone else's chokes so you can't get out of your base without air.
zeidrichthorene
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Canada83 Posts
October 12 2010 05:47 GMT
#12082
My name starts with Z, so I've been having a ridiculous time. My first two games I just built battlecruisers and planetary fortresses. My third game I only built marines and planetary fortresses, my fourth game, and the only one I lost was where I built nothing but vikings, and managed to lose all of them to my opponent who went mass raven/marine heh.
FuriousJodo
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States212 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-12 06:34:31
October 12 2010 05:49 GMT
#12083
Trying to find an interesting way to do this on the iCCup.TV stream without it being lame. I think we would have to bend Day9's rules in order to make it entertaining for viewers because everyone in teh game doing it and going after the A guy just wouldn't be all that fun.

(Though i suppose doing so would void it from being on the daily, but I think the whole point is to have fun and if we have fun doing it it's all good)

For anyone that missed our Funday Monday attempts:

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=158394

There is some VOD highlights in there and links to all of the replays and such.
http://www.youtube.com/FuriousJodo - SC2/Misc Gaming Commentary/etc
damon2400
Profile Joined April 2009
United States172 Posts
October 12 2010 06:17 GMT
#12084
How long does it usually take for the previous daily to show up on bliptv generally?

I missed tonight's daily sadly.
FuriousJodo
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States212 Posts
October 12 2010 06:33 GMT
#12085
It's already up:

http://day9tv.blip.tv/file/4234538/
http://www.youtube.com/FuriousJodo - SC2/Misc Gaming Commentary/etc
Wodger
Profile Joined October 2008
Scotland380 Posts
October 12 2010 06:39 GMT
#12086
10/11 Day[9] Daily #0197 Starcraft 2 Funday Monday #4: Special 3v3 and 4v4 (Blip.tv)
10/07 Day[9] Daily #0196 Starcraft 2 Naama vs Madfrog TvZ (Blip.tv)
10/06 Day[9] Daily #0195 Starcraft 2 Friendday Wednesday with Gretorp! (Blip.tv)
10/05 Day[9] Daily #0194 Starcraft 2 Newbie Tuesday: Drone Timing (Blip.tv)
10/04 Day[9] Daily #0193 Starcraft 2 Funday Monday: No Marines, Marauders or Tanks! (Blip.tv)
10/03 Day[9] Daily #0192 Starcraft 2 oGsGon vs EroSTT TvP (Blip.tv)
9/30 Day[9] Daily #0191 Starcraft 2 How to Analyze a Map and Adjust Your Play (Blip.tv)
9/29 Day[9] Daily #0190 Starcraft 2 Drewbie vs Darkforce TvZ (Blip.tv)
9/28 Day[9] Daily #0189 Starcraft 2 Newbie Tuesday: Losing to Early Pressure (Blip.tv)
9/27 Day[9] Daily #0188 Starcraft 2 Funday Monday with Carrier Rushes! (Blip.tv) (Encore)
9/26 Day[9] Daily #0187 Starcraft 2 Terran vs Protoss (Blip.tv)
9/23 Day[9] Daily #0186 Starcraft 2 Example of Early Defense PvT (Blip.tv)
Arnstein
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Norway3381 Posts
October 12 2010 06:52 GMT
#12087
From Twitter:

day9tv Never felt more miserable after a daily. Going to bed.


How come?
rsol in response to the dragoon voice being heard in SCII: dragoon ai reaches new lows: wanders into wrong game
FuriousJodo
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States212 Posts
October 12 2010 06:54 GMT
#12088
Think he's just sick/exhausted/tired.
http://www.youtube.com/FuriousJodo - SC2/Misc Gaming Commentary/etc
Skuller
Profile Joined September 2010
United States197 Posts
October 12 2010 06:56 GMT
#12089
Yea, very impressed by his commitment to doing the daily despite feeling ill.

Thank you Day9! Will miss you when listening to State of the Game
AUTA
Profile Joined September 2010
Australia68 Posts
October 12 2010 06:56 GMT
#12090
On October 12 2010 15:52 aPsychonaut wrote:
From Twitter:

day9tv Never felt more miserable after a daily. Going to bed.


How come?


pretty sure he mentioned something about being sick
Demoninja
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1190 Posts
October 12 2010 07:05 GMT
#12091
I am disappointed that the 3v4 we won wasn't casted haha. Oh well time to try this FFA thing, gotta spice it up a bit though.
Sylvr
Profile Joined May 2010
United States524 Posts
October 12 2010 07:29 GMT
#12092
On October 12 2010 14:43 foxface3000 wrote:
dearest tl;
long time lurker and secret day9 fan here :x the sc2 crew over at reddit.com are organising a little something something for his 200th episode: http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/dq0ym/day_9_daily_200/
would be beyond awesome if anyone here would like to be involved too <3
if you're up for it please pass it along to anyone you might know!


You do realize that you just posted this on his own thread that he very likely reads regularly (it really wouldn't take that much work). Nevertheless, I like the idea, but I would more likely follow the link directly from his youtube account before I'd commit blindly to a link from someone who doesn't use capitalization. That stuff probably isn't hard to fake.
althaz
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia1001 Posts
October 12 2010 08:14 GMT
#12093
Oh God this new Funday Monday is absolutely brutal! Why does my name have to start with an "a" ?
The first rule we don't talk about race conditions. of race conditions is
Giku
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands368 Posts
October 12 2010 10:55 GMT
#12094
I'll join up for an 8-player FFA
Hit me up on EU battle net: Giku.954

I might even have a chance, since I'm most likely the 2nd or 3rd in the line

Queen/Medivac/Ultra seems like an awesome build to do in 3v3's btw lol
Let the music be the fuse that'll spark my soul
kojinshugi
Profile Joined August 2010
Estonia2559 Posts
October 12 2010 11:00 GMT
#12095
You sure this is meant to be a premade FFA? Seems like a really stupid thing to do, as it guarantees A will be roflpwned.

I would imagine the challenge is to join random FFAs and kill your opponents in alphabetical order, regardless of what the optimal order would be.
whatsgrackalackin420
101TFP
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
420 Posts
October 12 2010 11:01 GMT
#12096
If someone leaves the game, do I have to kill his stuff before killing the others in order to stay within the ruleset of funday monday???
People get what they get, this has nothing to do with what they deserve.
Ellyll
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1 Post
October 12 2010 11:08 GMT
#12097
OK, wait, this is saying the same thing everyone in chat was, all alphabetical, A-Z. There is another thread, not started by day 9 saying it is relatvie to your own name. I played 10 games A-Z, and then the last game someone yelled at me for doing ti wrong, because I didn't go relative. Looks like we'll have to wait till tomorrow for clarification.
I Ain't Dead Yet!
LinjaFlu
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom3 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-10-12 11:11:51
October 12 2010 11:10 GMT
#12098
Thanks for casting our game

Day9 you are 100% right about 1 thing - I did catch a cold yesterday, in fact I am still suffering abit

Can't believe I said "I suffered heavy losses" after losing 3 SCV lol, such a nerd.

We had fun doing this, we even did Mothership Raven Bane Only and Infestor Raven Warp Prism Only games. We are not amazing players but Tone and I are 1300/1400 4v4 random diamond so I think we did some pretty decent funday games.
Ninjaflute is deadly...
SomeNameWithD
Profile Joined October 2010
1 Post
October 12 2010 11:20 GMT
#12099
So because of you I have been unable to get a decent FFA today. I've been 7-pooled, photon cannon rushed, PF rushed, zealot rushed, you name it. Sure they don't always work, but then comes the guy who went straight macro and finishes you off, since the harass hurts you either way. It has come to the point where if people even mention day9 or funday monday I just leave. And right during break too. Thanks for ruining 90% of my games today, inconsiderate jerk.
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
October 12 2010 11:25 GMT
#12100
Lol dutch people in the last daily ''ksnap are niks van'' (i don't get it) etc
WriterXiao8~~
Prev 1 603 604 605 606 607 1118 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings56
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta29
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE164
ProTech136
SpeCial 111
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13969
Artosis 582
Shuttle 13
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm183
canceldota120
League of Legends
Doublelift4217
Counter-Strike
taco 150
minikerr14
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox389
AZ_Axe120
Other Games
summit1g6846
shahzam636
Day[9].tv573
C9.Mang0354
Maynarde159
Trikslyr66
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV194
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP51
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki13
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv573
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 10m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.