• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:14
CEST 07:14
KST 14:14
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6080 users

TL Fitness Initiative (Weight Loss/Gain) - Page 66

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 119 Next
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
September 28 2009 02:49 GMT
#1301
I wish I had a video of my training. I dropped the bar on my head when max snatching. I was too tired because I kept failing and did too many snatches. Was too exhausted to max clean and jerk and then failed on my squats.

lol :3
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 28 2009 02:51 GMT
#1302
Getting in a large amount of calories without eating say maccas or having 10 cokes is really freakin' hard I found. Only way I managed to get there was with shakes, protein with peanut butter and fruit etc.

I believe neck size is relative to intelligence level. I could be wrong, but it sounds accurate.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
September 28 2009 02:58 GMT
#1303
Lol then my neck should be huge In the two months since ive come across from Wc3, ive made it to C+ on iccup, and we all know sc skill directly correlates to intelligence.

Well, for example yesterday I had:
-5 weetbix + 2 bananas in the morning
-bowl of chopped carrots and a cupcake in the afternoon
-potato, pumpkin, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower and sausages for dinner
-3 weetbix and 2 banans for a late snack

I was full all day, but thats nowhere near 3000 calories On my workout days its a little easier because I take protein shakes, but im still struggling I dont want to eat fatty foods (like those you mentioned energies) because they will just become body fat and not muscle (at least that is my understanding - you need good calories for muscle growth right? not just any clories?).

Ill get back to you with photos later. Cheers boys, I love this thread
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 28 2009 03:12 GMT
#1304
I wasn't actually implying you go out and have McDonald's.

Protein is probably more important on your days off, since those are the days where your muscles are growing. I think you really need to start adding some lean meats, chicken/fish, and other protein sources such as eggs and whey to your everyday diet.

A good protein source makes up 50-60% of each of my meals. You're not going to grow eating bananas and weetbix. You need man food.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-28 03:16:07
September 28 2009 03:15 GMT
#1305
I think protein is more important on your days on, because growth/recovery starts happening soon after exercise
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
September 28 2009 03:19 GMT
#1306
On September 28 2009 10:45 jfazz wrote:
Body Fat % = 4.74%

In related news, my abs are finally starting to take shape

4.7% body fat?! WTF nice
abs are only starting to take shape now?? at 4.7 body fat i would think you'd be extremely ripped O_o
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
September 28 2009 03:23 GMT
#1307
On September 28 2009 12:12 Energies wrote:
I wasn't actually implying you go out and have McDonald's.

Protein is probably more important on your days off, since those are the days where your muscles are growing. I think you really need to start adding some lean meats, chicken/fish, and other protein sources such as eggs and whey to your everyday diet.

A good protein source makes up 50-60% of each of my meals. You're not going to grow eating bananas and weetbix. You need man food.

yeah a friend of mine told me the same thing
each meal SHOULD have a decent source of protein to maximize growth
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-28 03:25:52
September 28 2009 03:25 GMT
#1308
On September 28 2009 12:19 unknown.sam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 28 2009 10:45 jfazz wrote:
Body Fat % = 4.74%

In related news, my abs are finally starting to take shape

4.7% body fat?! WTF nice
abs are only starting to take shape now?? at 4.7 body fat i would think you'd be extremely ripped O_o


yeah there is no way his abs are just starting to take shape @ 4.7. his bf % has to be higher than 4.7. that's on the low end of body fat % even for bodybuilders.
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
September 28 2009 03:26 GMT
#1309
Im a recovering anorexic. My abs almost completely atrophied away - I have to basically rebuild the muscles from scratch. When you are anorexic, you dont get a nice, lean ripped body (though when you are in that mindset, you think you do) - your body is actually fairly flabby and yuck. I had ridiculously visibly ribs (think Skeletor from Killer Instinct) and very thin limbs (my biceps were 25cm - 10 inches only starting, my stomach was 64cm etc etc). It was quite disgusting, not that I realised it at the time.

I didnt think you were saying 'eat maccas' energies Poor choice of wording on my behalf (hence the small neck size!). Ill try to eat more protein A lot more!
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
September 28 2009 03:29 GMT
#1310
On September 28 2009 11:45 jfazz wrote:
Ill try and get some photos guys. Ill put some recent ones, but id rather no put up any from...before - what I thought looked good at the time is actually a little gross.

Eshlow - you're 100% right. I feel I did better last week with my eating, but it is still not enough - I probably only cleared 2000 calories 4 days, and 3000 only once I promise to try harder!

I had no idea about the body mass relationship to arm size - that makes me feel a lot better I was actually worried that something was quite wrong! Is the same true for neck thickness?

I think my muscles have become stronger, without getting bigger, which while that is still an improvement, I would like to put on more size.

Im doing sets of 6 reps, should I increase the rep count?

Thanks gents - this thread has really helped me work hard towards my goals


Stick with 4-6 reps.

Neck thickness... yes. If you train your neck.

There's some calculators out there if you wanna search for them on lean body mass. I know Lyle McDonald has a pretty good one for maximum lean mass without steroids.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
September 28 2009 03:35 GMT
#1311
On September 28 2009 12:26 jfazz wrote:
Im a recovering anorexic. My abs almost completely atrophied away - I have to basically rebuild the muscles from scratch. When you are anorexic, you dont get a nice, lean ripped body (though when you are in that mindset, you think you do) - your body is actually fairly flabby and yuck. I had ridiculously visibly ribs (think Skeletor from Killer Instinct) and very thin limbs (my biceps were 25cm - 10 inches only starting, my stomach was 64cm etc etc). It was quite disgusting, not that I realised it at the time.

I didnt think you were saying 'eat maccas' energies Poor choice of wording on my behalf (hence the small neck size!). Ill try to eat more protein A lot more!


oh. gross.
well, it's handy in that you will get to start from a low bf%
why were you anorexic? body image reasons?
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
September 28 2009 04:03 GMT
#1312
Pretty much. I hate making excuses for myself, but I was really fat when I was young, and I was bullied A LOT for it. At about 14 I started dieting and exericses to lose weight, but I never stopped. I went from 78kg to 58kg. Im 5'11", so you get the idea. the thing is, you lose your ability to realistically perceive how you actually look - which is sorta frightening. One day I sort of realised - holy crap? Thats how I look?!!?!? Of course everyone had been telling me I was too thin (size 27" pants), but you just dont listen. You look in the mirror, and all you see is some obese douchebag looking back at you. Its a very depressing, horrid experience.

I finally got help and took action when I started to get constant stomach cramps and pains - I went to my family doctor and he told me about the atrophy. I guess you've read everything that has happened since.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
September 28 2009 04:13 GMT
#1313
I bet you learned a lot about the psyche from the experience, though. So it was very valuable.

Some people may disagree with me on this, but I have found that being confident with yourself and comfortable about who you are and what you look like actually makes us look much more attractive and charismatic. In encounters with anyone who isn't shallow, this can end up having far more positive impact than physical features.

So I tend to think that is more important.
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
September 28 2009 04:21 GMT
#1314
I agree with you on every point. Im not upset about the experience, and yeah, I have learned a lot from it. Ive become a mentally tough person, which is great, but I have also learned not to judge others and to always try to understand them and help. Its helped me mature. And besides, im basically cured now anyway
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
unknown.sam
Profile Joined May 2007
Philippines2701 Posts
September 28 2009 04:27 GMT
#1315
oh okay now i understand. i had a similar experience when i injured my leg a while back. my thigh just turned into a really small pile of 'goo'.

i think it's great how you decided to change things, keep it up!
"Thanks for the kind words, but if SS is the most interesting book you've ever read, you must have just started reading a couple of weeks ago." - Mark Rippetoe
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
Last Edited: 2009-09-28 05:21:08
September 28 2009 05:19 GMT
#1316
On September 28 2009 13:13 travis wrote:
I bet you learned a lot about the psyche from the experience, though. So it was very valuable.

Some people may disagree with me on this, but I have found that being confident with yourself and comfortable about who you are and what you look like actually makes us look much more attractive and charismatic. In encounters with anyone who isn't shallow, this can end up having far more positive impact than physical features.

So I tend to think that is more important.


This I agree with 100%. When I started becoming fitter, when I could walk into a shop an buy any small to medium shirt and have it look awesome on me, my confidence skyrocketed, I'm not saying I turned into brad pit but the self confidence alone has done wonders with my interactions with people, with females. At work I am more confident to have speak up and give input, I now speak with much greater conviction and authority wherever I go.

One weird thing I notice is that I now command attention more readily in social and work situations, without any forcefulness of my part. I was at a meeting with our state manager, one of the reps and a large client of ours, I was sitting back quietly taking notes occasionally reaffirming and backing up points by our manager, at one point I thought of something I put my pen down and interrupted the discussion. "there is one issue.." is all I said, the room went dead quiet every turned to me and started to listen without interruption for like 5 minutes.

A few years back I could have yelled at the top of my voice and I probably still would have been ignored. Duly because I didn't have that presence and an aura of confidence.

^ wow, I sound like such a douchebag, sorry ;(. Nah, fuck that.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
September 28 2009 05:29 GMT
#1317
On September 28 2009 14:19 Energies wrote:
[^ wow, I sound like such a douchebag, sorry ;(. Nah, fuck that.
No, you sound AWESOME. Like, T-Rex awesome.
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Energies
Profile Blog Joined September 2003
Australia3225 Posts
September 28 2009 05:55 GMT
#1318
Thanks mate, I also admire your motivation.
"Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder but dont nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight" - Ronnie Coleman.
jfazz
Profile Joined September 2009
Australia672 Posts
September 28 2009 06:52 GMT
#1319
Why thank you, that means a lot to me. Just got back from the gym, some improvements this week. I managed to increase the weight on my incline bench press by 5kg for all 4 sets, and increase the weight by 5kg for the first two sets of my decline bench press without assistance, and then with assistance for the last two sets.

So not bad, room for more work. Also, deadlifts are awesome.

I put extra protein powder in my shake
Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none
Empyrean
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
17082 Posts
September 28 2009 16:20 GMT
#1320
Just a random question, my lower left abs are significantly smaller than my lower right, so it almost looks like my abs go diagonally from the upper left to the lower right since my lower left ones are smaller. I don't work out or anything, but I used to do random gardening stuff for my mom and I played frisbee quite a lot, so maybe that's why they're so uneven.

I'm just wondering if there is any way to fix this?
Moderator
Prev 1 64 65 66 67 68 119 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 46m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 98
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2449
GuemChi 709
Leta 156
Snow 110
Terrorterran 72
Bale 30
Noble 14
ajuk12(nOOB) 9
Icarus 9
Dota 2
febbydoto17
League of Legends
JimRising 631
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King62
Other Games
summit1g6720
WinterStarcraft354
C9.Mang0276
Sick142
ViBE88
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick568
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 111
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki15
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1306
• Stunt413
Other Games
• Shiphtur394
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
5h 46m
Patches Events
10h 46m
The PondCast
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 5h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 17h
Replay Cast
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.