|
Uefa to boycott World Cups if Fifa plans approved. www.bbc.com"We unanimously and unequivocally reject Fifa's proposal to transfer ownership interests in the World Cup and other Fifa competitions to private investors," it said. "The World Cup cannot be treated as an investment product. It is one of football's greatest sporting legacies. It has been built over generations by players, national teams and supporters across every continent. No part of it should ever be surrendered to private investors. The World Cup is not for sale." Something is finally happening.
Europe is the biggest consumer market for the sport, they cannot get bullied by a single guy that just buys the majority vote from coutries that no football fan really cares about apart from a good underdog story here and there. With us empowering the corruption to disenfranchise our votes. Both organisations stink to high heavens but it's something, hopefully not just a bargaining tool.
|
I'm guessing FIFA will back down since they have no product to sell to discount Kushner without UEFA participation, but I'm still expecting Infantino to get re-elected
|
On July 31 2026 01:39 Dan HH wrote: I'm guessing FIFA will back down since they have no product to sell to discount Kushner without UEFA participation, but I'm still expecting Infantino to get re-elected It depends if Infantino wanted to make business with Kushner or fleece Trumps circle. If the latter, he might assure them that UEFA pulling out doesn't change anything. They have no clue about football and might fall for it. ;p
Like I said in the other thread, if FIFA does back down and Infantino gets sacked, I suggest we establish a Football Security Council within FIFA where former WC champions would get a veto right similar to UN's Security Council. ^^
|
On July 31 2026 03:42 maybenexttime wrote:Show nested quote +On July 31 2026 01:39 Dan HH wrote: I'm guessing FIFA will back down since they have no product to sell to discount Kushner without UEFA participation, but I'm still expecting Infantino to get re-elected It depends if Infantino wanted to make business with Kushner or fleece Trumps circle. If the latter, he might assure them that UEFA pulling out doesn't change anything. They have no clue about football and might fall for it. ;p Like I said in the other thread, if FIFA does back down and Infantino gets sacked, I suggest we establish a Football Security Council within FIFA where former WC champions would get a veto right similar to UN's Security Council. ^^ The idea was to make FIFA into an NFL like construction where Infantino as a commissioner would get payed 10x as much as he is now.
But he can't push this through. Without EUFA the FIFA tournaments cannot exist, 6 out of the top 8 of the WC wouldn't be there, it would be a completely worthless tournament that no one is going to pay big bucks for.
|
There is such a thing that is too greedy. Infantino overextended
|
Hypothetical, seeing as he's been mentioned as a potential alternative. Is Nasser al-Khelaifi an objectively better choice than Infantino as FIFA president?
|
I don't think there is any good candidate for FIFA president. back then we all thought Infantino is perfect
|
did people think infantino was perfect? i seem to recall he was just seen as the lesser evil. funny how actually hes even worse
|
Europe is not only the market with the richest fans, but also all the richest clubs. Afaik, every player with an international name playing outside UEFA broken through while in UEFA clubs. European clubs have huge world wide followings as well, US sports fans know about Champions League, it is fairly close to a Super Bowl, and they understand it is a big deal.
I don't like FIFA's hand in this conflict. Buying African votes will not be enough.
It is all a shame, though. Unified, undiputed championships are much better for fans. I have followed enough martial arts to know about the mess of multiple "World Champions" and double titleholders. I hope this gets sorted quickly!
|
On July 31 2026 15:55 evilfatsh1t wrote: did people think infantino was perfect? i seem to recall he was just seen as the lesser evil. funny how actually hes even worse
I thought it was more to get rid of Blatter then Infantino beeing good
|
Is Wenger still working somewhere in the committees? I would love to see him give a run on the next election. I'm not sure if he could have a realistic shot or if anything would change, but I'd still love to see what happens.
|
He is. Don't know if he'll be any better. Platini was also an ex football player. The position of top official at large sport associations like UEFA or FIFA seems designed to corrupt. A lot of money, little accountability, and there'll always be someone who's willing to host the biggest sports events. The corruption also doesn't meaningfully hurt anyone. The effect is dispersed over hundreds of millions of football fans.
|
|
|
As a Spaniard I would be fine with us opting out of organising the world cup if Infantino is still there.
At the beginning it was only us and our Portuguese brothers in an Iberian worldcup, then they started to add counties like Morocco, Argentina, etc. and with Infantino and such I'm not too interested in it anymore.
I hope UEFA keeps a strong stance and he resigns.
|
51694 Posts
chelsea collecting the old folks with danny welbeck and jordan henderson lol my realistic guess is that they needed to pad up their home grown registration numbers a bit so why not as bench options
|
Well xabi does value experience a lot too though
|
I don't know how much Hendo's credibility went down after the Saudi tour, but he's still a PL winning captain. I can definitely see him being an asset for a messy roster like Chelsea if he puts in the effort.
|
United States10567 Posts
On August 03 2026 02:46 Bacillus wrote: I don't know how much Hendo's credibility went down after the Saudi tour, but he's still a PL winning captain. I can definitely see him being an asset for a messy roster like Chelsea if he puts in the effort. I can't think of any players who disliked Hendo. He'll be fine as a locker room presence and maybe some legs at the end of games. I think a lot of teams and players specifically rate him for the intangibles rather than what he can do on the field at this point of his career.
|
On August 04 2026 01:02 FlaShFTW wrote:Show nested quote +On August 03 2026 02:46 Bacillus wrote: I don't know how much Hendo's credibility went down after the Saudi tour, but he's still a PL winning captain. I can definitely see him being an asset for a messy roster like Chelsea if he puts in the effort. I can't think of any players who disliked Hendo. He'll be fine as a locker room presence and maybe some legs at the end of games. I think a lot of teams and players specifically rate him for the intangibles rather than what he can do on the field at this point of his career. Yeah, apparently he was doing a lot of yelling and/or organizing in Brentford's midfield last season. They finished 9th, which doesn't seem all that for a club of their size.
|
Infantino is quite shaky. Prince Ali bin al-Hussein is openly saying Infantino is blackmailing them
|
|
|
|
|
|