• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:58
CEST 13:58
KST 20:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8149 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 199

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 197 198 199 200 201 234 Next
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
January 19 2018 14:58 GMT
#3961
On January 18 2018 02:22 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2018 09:12 FFGenerations wrote:
On January 16 2018 11:17 GoTuNk! wrote:
My backne has massively receded in the last 3-4 months (had it for over 5 years at different levels)

Submerging yourself in chlorine for over an hour, thrice a week, seems to have finally cleaned my skin lol. (Been swimming regularly now)


guess it will come back if you stop swimming
i need permanent antibiotics to deal with mine

Why not use accutane at that point?


doesnt it come back after accutane anyway?
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
January 30 2018 04:59 GMT
#3962
I'm doing the Mutant workout. Wish me luck. I am awaited in Valhalla.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
January 30 2018 17:05 GMT
#3963
On January 30 2018 13:59 Jerubaal wrote:
I'm doing the Mutant workout. Wish me luck. I am awaited in Valhalla.


Care to elaborate for those of us not in the know?
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-01-31 04:00:35
January 31 2018 02:08 GMT
#3964
It's on Bodybuilding.com

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mutant-strength-hugh-jackmans-wolverine-workout-week-1.html
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
JumpinJupiters
Profile Joined January 2004
Brazil23 Posts
February 09 2018 21:25 GMT
#3965
Have any of u guys dealt with tibia inflamation? Ive never had an injury before and felt my left knee slowly get worse overtime doing crossfit and some heavy lifting up to the point where i had to stop squatting. Stayed two months off gained some weight and still not 100% although its a ton better. The doc i went said two weeks should be enough but was def off by a lot.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-11 05:43:53
February 11 2018 05:43 GMT
#3966
Rehab. Google it or see a PT. Rest alone (or even at all) is rarely enough of a solution.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-12 06:11:19
February 12 2018 06:11 GMT
#3967
Second bomb out in comp ever today.
snatch 127/132x(behind)/135x(pressout)
clean and jerk 158x/161x/162x (all pressouts)

Either I'm really shitty at jerks and all the spectators lied to me to make me feel better, or I got fucked.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-12 22:14:27
February 12 2018 22:13 GMT
#3968
bl dude can't always be the best but you're among them nonetheless : )
im having a junk-ass fortnight while i work too many workshifts for me , then moving house to live with a 'clean' friend for ~4 week "rehab" , so expect a month of great things shortly, (then im going to japan) :3
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
February 13 2018 00:14 GMT
#3969
On February 12 2018 15:11 decafchicken wrote:
Second bomb out in comp ever today.
snatch 127/132x(behind)/135x(pressout)
clean and jerk 158x/161x/162x (all pressouts)

Either I'm really shitty at jerks and all the spectators lied to me to make me feel better, or I got fucked.


This means you got the weight above your head locked out but it wasn't counted?

I.E. the issue was one of the judges red lighting you or however it's termed in weightlifting?
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
February 13 2018 00:41 GMT
#3970
How far down do you guys go on the Romanian? I'm doing 4x10 so the weight isn't very heavy. I can pretty much touch my toes with that amount of weight. Does that mean I should increase the weight or just stop a few inches below my knees? Or just keep going down as far as I can?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 13 2018 03:28 GMT
#3971
On February 13 2018 09:14 L_Master wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 12 2018 15:11 decafchicken wrote:
Second bomb out in comp ever today.
snatch 127/132x(behind)/135x(pressout)
clean and jerk 158x/161x/162x (all pressouts)

Either I'm really shitty at jerks and all the spectators lied to me to make me feel better, or I got fucked.


This means you got the weight above your head locked out but it wasn't counted?

I.E. the issue was one of the judges red lighting you or however it's termed in weightlifting?


You have to go straight to lockout (can't get it most of the way there and then extend elbows) and the elbows are not allowed to re-bend after you've locked it out. There's a left/middle/right judge and you need 2 of the 3 to approve the lift.

The lifts (My third snatch was definitely a pressout, cant tell from this angle. I would have turned down my first jerk too, but last two come on -_-)
https://www.instagram.com/p/BfHRrM8gaPP/

how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
February 14 2018 09:33 GMT
#3972
On February 13 2018 09:41 Jerubaal wrote:
How far down do you guys go on the Romanian? I'm doing 4x10 so the weight isn't very heavy. I can pretty much touch my toes with that amount of weight. Does that mean I should increase the weight or just stop a few inches below my knees? Or just keep going down as far as I can?


Go as low as you can without the bar traveling forward, your back rounding, or your knee angle changing.
BeMannerDuPenner
Profile Blog Joined April 2004
Germany5638 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-21 20:43:43
February 21 2018 20:40 GMT
#3973
had surgery done for a herniated disc last year. recovered abit with some swimming etc but stopped when i went back to work after 6 months sick time at home. also my left knee makes strange noises after an accident on a stones concert but meh.

Now im slowly trying to get back in shape again.
what i do:
very light squats ,adding a rep each time and when get to 10 add 2.5kg
bench & ohp
australian pullups instead of bb rows
very light "half deadlifts" starting from my bench with more reps to get my body used to it again

+some planks, curls,assisted dips and minor additional stuff. Sounds good to the experts? any recommendations?

Also doing a mix of lazy keto and IF right now , eating 10-40g carbs/day (except weekend drinking night) and 16 - 20h fasts
depending on mood & schedule.
What confuses me is how keto people talk all the time about how you need days to get into ketosis and how they feel terrible when they eat carbs while IF people talk about a ketosis window evry fast and rarely talk about ill effects after starting to eat whatever. whos right? just a thing that seems weird to me.


life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
February 21 2018 21:52 GMT
#3974
I have no advice to offer you, but I wish you luck.

Keto and IF employ the same technique and methodology, but the difference in intensity makes for dramatically different experiences. Both use carb limits. IF restricts the timing of carbs to a short window to maximize the amount of time that your body spends at a low insulin level, resulting in a large fat burning window. Keto is trying to do the same thing, but Keto wants a permanent low insulin level. In order to do this, you must get your body to produce ketones, since you will not have glycogen for your brain, and the excess glycogen reserves in your liver must be burned off first.

This accounts for why Keto peeps have such discomfort in the transitions. They are literally changing fuel sources while IF people are still depending on glycogen. They just go to the well less often.
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
Last Edited: 2018-02-24 06:58:49
February 24 2018 06:54 GMT
#3975
Well, couple more vids for form advice. Haven't posted a bench on before so thoughts there would be cool, also a DL at 300.





Doing a mock competition next Friday, we'll see how it goes. I'm cautiously hoping for 225 on bench, and feeling pretty confident about 315 pull. Squat...has basically been ignored due to cycling. Honestly I'd be "happy" with even a 225 that wouldn't get red lighted. I feel really comfortable with my squat execution at lights weights, say up to about 80-85% of max, but above that I quickly lose confidence and rarely get down to depth.

Only thing I'm scared about is that roomie has the flu right now. Would be REALLY pissed if I get that sometime in the next week. Doing what I can as far as hygiene and not touching the face goes. Fingers crossed.

After that, I'll get cutting in earnest, then get ready to see where I can go from there.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 24 2018 07:28 GMT
#3976
Dude quit being so dainty. That 300 deadlift was nothing, hit it with some venom and go smash 325-335 at the meet.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
February 24 2018 07:37 GMT
#3977
On February 24 2018 16:28 decafchicken wrote:
Dude quit being so dainty. That 300 deadlift was nothing, hit it with some venom and go smash 325-335 at the meet.


Well, from what I've heard you don't want to go too nuts before you actually go for it, so I just worked up to a relaxed single at a weight about 25lbs heavier than I've done. You'll see something a little more aggressive from next Friday.

(Was also a little tentative because I tweaked my lat or something a few weeks ago, could really feel it at near the beginning of wide pull ups and some row variations. kind of in the middle, upper lat. I think it's gone now, but I hadn't touched back stuff in a few weeks).
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 24 2018 08:10 GMT
#3978
A week out is plenty of time to taper. Hit every lift for the next week like it's a competition lift/warm up. Confidence, power, and precision. Start doing your mental reps for the competition in your head from start to finish. By the time you compete you should be on auto pilot and have already made every rep in your head. Then all that's left is to go out there, have some fun, and crush some heavy lifts.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Jerubaal
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States7684 Posts
February 25 2018 00:08 GMT
#3979
How's lifting with socks on a hardwood surface?
I'm not stupid, a marauder just shot my brain.
L_Master
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States8017 Posts
February 25 2018 00:18 GMT
#3980
On February 25 2018 09:08 Jerubaal wrote:
How's lifting with socks on a hardwood surface?


Better than the current shoe situation. I literally don't think there is much of a difference in the slippage between the two, and obviously pulling with less crap in-between me and the floor is nice.

When we actually go for it, I'll probably just break the rules and go barefoot for that...but given what I'm used to with the shoes I have it didn't feel bad.

Serious question though...WTF is up with 1RM calculators. They all seem to use variations of the same basic forumla. Which seems fine. Until they give percentages.

In other words, if you do a set of 5 at 185, you get an estimated 1RM of 208 on most calculators. Cool. I can dig it. Until, that is, you look at the estimated reps at percentage of 1RM. Go look across to 5 reps, and I see about 85% of max or so. Even if I use 87%, the highest I've seen, what do I get? 180lbs. Or more commonly 175 if you use 85%.

Same thing happens with triples or doubles.

Obviously there is an inconsistency here, but I don't know where it's coming from...but they clearly cannot be derived from the same formula.
EffOrt and Soulkey Hwaiting!
Prev 1 197 198 199 200 201 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1119
WardiTV451
OGKoka 171
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 11693
StarCastTV_EN311
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko390
OGKoka 136
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 13483
Bisu 4841
FanTaSy 3775
Shuttle 1715
Jaedong 1484
BeSt 947
actioN 781
EffOrt 606
Horang2 488
Larva 270
[ Show more ]
Leta 259
Zeus 249
Dewaltoss 116
Barracks 114
Mind 111
Sexy 83
JYJ 75
Mong 73
scan(afreeca) 61
sorry 57
ToSsGirL 52
Shinee 49
Killer 41
Bale 35
sSak 34
soO 31
Free 26
Aegong 22
HiyA 15
Sacsri 10
zelot 10
yabsab 8
Dota 2
Gorgc2089
Dendi637
XaKoH 370
Counter-Strike
x6flipin261
Other Games
singsing2435
olofmeister1320
B2W.Neo527
crisheroes315
Pyrionflax206
Livibee150
dupreeh102
XBOCT1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick575
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 181
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1432
Other Games
• WagamamaTV179
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 2m
Replay Cast
11h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 2m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
23h 2m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC S3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.