• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:53
CEST 01:53
KST 08:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7303 users

2012 - 2013 Football Thread! - Page 495

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 493 494 495 496 497 498 Next
OsaX Nymloth
Profile Joined March 2013
Poland3244 Posts
June 25 2013 19:22 GMT
#9881
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.
Twitter: @osaxnymloth
DaMuffinman
Profile Joined March 2011
Germany1705 Posts
June 25 2013 19:30 GMT
#9882
On June 26 2013 04:14 sc4k wrote:
Chelsea sign Schurrle officially. Tell me, Germans, is he as good as Fifa says he is?


Well he is ok, a little bit unlucky in front of the goal this season. Can do the Inverse-Robben (other side, other foot). Has a lot of potential, but atm he is kinda unfinished imo, but Mou will see to that. He is very pacy and does look to score quite often (I think he had 2nd most shots on goal + most shots on bar/post this season, or the other way round).

Way, way, way better signing than Marin. Btw on that topic, will Marin be sold? I don't see any future for him @ Chelsea, but he probably earns good money, so we will see.
But does it djent?
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 19:36:12
June 25 2013 19:31 GMT
#9883
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
June 25 2013 19:41 GMT
#9884
On June 26 2013 04:31 Ysellian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.

They basically won 2010-2011 Turkish League with match-fixing.
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
June 25 2013 19:48 GMT
#9885
On June 26 2013 04:41 Mensol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 04:31 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.

They basically won 2010-2011 Turkish League with match-fixing.


Wow pretty bad action. I can't say it's not justified if this is proven, which I'm guessing is?
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 19:52:08
June 25 2013 19:51 GMT
#9886
So wait, when AC Milan were convicted of match-fixing and deducted points during Calciopoli and UEFA didn't ban them from European cups (they even won the Champions League that year), but Fenerbahce get kicked out? Am I missing something?
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18761 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 20:05:50
June 25 2013 20:05 GMT
#9887
On June 26 2013 04:14 sc4k wrote:
Chelsea sign Schurrle officially. Tell me, Germans, is he as good as Fifa says he is?


He's had one good season and since then everyone looks at him as if he is the German Robben.
He is a decent winger, likes to finish a lot, but dont expect good crosses from him

On June 26 2013 04:51 Zeo wrote:
So wait, when AC Milan were convicted of match-fixing and deducted points during Calciopoli and UEFA didn't ban them from European cups (they even won the Champions League that year), but Fenerbahce get kicked out? Am I missing something?


you are missing the part where AC Milan are richer and more influential than Fenerbahce
Craze
Profile Joined July 2010
United States561 Posts
June 25 2013 20:19 GMT
#9888
The league is even more established at this point and isn't as reliant on a team like AC Milan being in the tournament to bringing in acceptable levels of revenue. If the same thing happened today I would hope more aggressive action would be taken, just as Fenerbahce have received.
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
June 25 2013 20:22 GMT
#9889
On June 26 2013 04:48 Ysellian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 04:41 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:31 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.

They basically won 2010-2011 Turkish League with match-fixing.


Wow pretty bad action. I can't say it's not justified if this is proven, which I'm guessing is?

Yes its proven. Even Fenerbahce's chairman said things like "If i did match fixing, i did it for my team, i didnt do it for myself". im glad they got what they deserve.
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
June 25 2013 20:26 GMT
#9890
On June 26 2013 05:22 Mensol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 04:48 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:41 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:31 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.

They basically won 2010-2011 Turkish League with match-fixing.


Wow pretty bad action. I can't say it's not justified if this is proven, which I'm guessing is?

Yes its proven. Even Fenerbahce's chairman said things like "If i did match fixing, i did it for my team, i didnt do it for myself". im glad they got what they deserve.


Yeah, I'm glad they got punished. Really sad for the fans though, what a dick of a chairman.
Ferrose
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States11378 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 20:33:52
June 25 2013 20:28 GMT
#9891
On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=376568

No one has posted for a while though. We could probably do with a general thread for the game.

Liverpool have signed Sunderland GK Simon Mignolet.

Juve and Man City have agreed to a transfer fee for Carlos Tevez.

Wonder what will happen to Reina now. And Tevez to Juve surely means Arsenal are getting Higuain? :3

On June 26 2013 05:32 Mensol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 05:26 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:22 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:48 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:41 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:31 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.

They basically won 2010-2011 Turkish League with match-fixing.


Wow pretty bad action. I can't say it's not justified if this is proven, which I'm guessing is?

Yes its proven. Even Fenerbahce's chairman said things like "If i did match fixing, i did it for my team, i didnt do it for myself". im glad they got what they deserve.


Yeah, I'm glad they got punished. Really sad for the fans though, what a dick of a chairman.

Actually i feel bad for players like Kuyt and Meireles. im pretty sure they come Fenerbahce to play in european tournaments.

i hope they leave team as soon as possible.


Hasn't Kuyt been linked with Cardiff and Hull in the Premier League?
@113candlemagic Office lady by day, lonely woman at night. | Official lolicon of thread 94273
Mensol
Profile Joined September 2012
14536 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 20:34:12
June 25 2013 20:32 GMT
#9892
On June 26 2013 05:26 Ysellian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 05:22 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:48 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:41 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:31 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.

They basically won 2010-2011 Turkish League with match-fixing.


Wow pretty bad action. I can't say it's not justified if this is proven, which I'm guessing is?

Yes its proven. Even Fenerbahce's chairman said things like "If i did match fixing, i did it for my team, i didnt do it for myself". im glad they got what they deserve.


Yeah, I'm glad they got punished. Really sad for the fans though, what a dick of a chairman.

Actually i feel bad for players like Kuyt, Meireles and Stoch. im pretty sure they come Fenerbahce to play in european tournaments.

i hope they leave team as soon as possible.
If you don't know what the fuck you are doing, how are your enemies supposed to know what the fuck you are doing. - imaqtpie on NA teams at Worlds.
OsaX Nymloth
Profile Joined March 2013
Poland3244 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 20:36:00
June 25 2013 20:35 GMT
#9893
On June 26 2013 05:28 Ferrose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=376568

No one has posted for a while though. We could probably do with a general thread for the game.


Guess a general thread would be better idea than thread for every new edition. And I could post some of my weird 3-5-2 formation and tactic struggles with lower leagues (the best team I've played in recent years was Lech Poznań, even further into past it was Udinese around 2007. Yeah, I like challenge ).

On June 26 2013 05:28 Ferrose wrote:
Liverpool have signed Sunderland GK Simon Mignolet.

Juve and Man City have agreed to a transfer fee for Carlos Tevez.

Wonder what will happen to Reina now. And Tevez to Juve surely means Arsenal are getting Higuain? :3


Oh, Tevez is going to Juve? Didn't expect that :F Part of me already wonders how long we will have to wait till Tevez decides to make some trouble there.
Twitter: @osaxnymloth
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
June 25 2013 20:50 GMT
#9894
On June 26 2013 05:32 Mensol wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 05:26 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:22 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:48 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:41 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:31 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.

They basically won 2010-2011 Turkish League with match-fixing.


Wow pretty bad action. I can't say it's not justified if this is proven, which I'm guessing is?

Yes its proven. Even Fenerbahce's chairman said things like "If i did match fixing, i did it for my team, i didnt do it for myself". im glad they got what they deserve.


Yeah, I'm glad they got punished. Really sad for the fans though, what a dick of a chairman.

Actually i feel bad for players like Kuyt, Meireles and Stoch. im pretty sure they come Fenerbahce to play in european tournaments.

i hope they leave team as soon as possible.


I'm wondering how players can be kept to their contract if the team was convicted of match fixing. You'd think there would be some clause for players to be allowed to leave.
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
June 25 2013 20:59 GMT
#9895
On June 26 2013 05:50 Ysellian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 05:32 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:26 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:22 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:48 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:41 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:31 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.

They basically won 2010-2011 Turkish League with match-fixing.


Wow pretty bad action. I can't say it's not justified if this is proven, which I'm guessing is?

Yes its proven. Even Fenerbahce's chairman said things like "If i did match fixing, i did it for my team, i didnt do it for myself". im glad they got what they deserve.


Yeah, I'm glad they got punished. Really sad for the fans though, what a dick of a chairman.

Actually i feel bad for players like Kuyt, Meireles and Stoch. im pretty sure they come Fenerbahce to play in european tournaments.

i hope they leave team as soon as possible.


I'm wondering how players can be kept to their contract if the team was convicted of match fixing. You'd think there would be some clause for players to be allowed to leave.

Why would a team put in a clause 'in case they fixed matches', if I was UEFA I would find that very fishy :D
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
Ysellian
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands9029 Posts
June 25 2013 21:11 GMT
#9896
On June 26 2013 05:59 Zeo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 05:50 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:32 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:26 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:22 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:48 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:41 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:31 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.

They basically won 2010-2011 Turkish League with match-fixing.


Wow pretty bad action. I can't say it's not justified if this is proven, which I'm guessing is?

Yes its proven. Even Fenerbahce's chairman said things like "If i did match fixing, i did it for my team, i didnt do it for myself". im glad they got what they deserve.


Yeah, I'm glad they got punished. Really sad for the fans though, what a dick of a chairman.

Actually i feel bad for players like Kuyt, Meireles and Stoch. im pretty sure they come Fenerbahce to play in european tournaments.

i hope they leave team as soon as possible.


I'm wondering how players can be kept to their contract if the team was convicted of match fixing. You'd think there would be some clause for players to be allowed to leave.

Why would a team put in a clause 'in case they fixed matches', if I was UEFA I would find that very fishy :D


Of course the team doesn't initiate such a clause but rather the UEFA. The issue with the way player contracts work is that you cannot just "quit" and leave for another job, you need to be bought or wait until the end of your contract. If my company is caught doing something they shouldn't be doing, I'd rather not have to continue working in such an environment.
Pandemona *
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Charlie Sheens House51493 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-06-25 21:18:51
June 25 2013 21:16 GMT
#9897
5 more pages before you get your new threads guys and dolls xD

Also wow at Fenerbahce. Did not expect that! UEFA actually throwing a proper penalty at a team for breaking the rules. Maybe the FFP will actually work?
I do expect major fall outs from this, i can't see people staying there with no Europe.

I also expect Reina to be at Barcelona before the summer is finished too, don't see why Liverpool would sign 2 strikers and a goalkeeper if Reina and Suarez aren't leaving.

Hope Schurrle brings the promise he delivers, and i also wonder if Mourinho wanted this transfer before Chelsea did. Like people said he plays like Robben or is being labeled as a player like him. And Mourinho loves his 4-3-3 kind of formation with 2 wingers and 1 striker. Robben and Duff in there primes at Chelsea were when we were great. Wonder if he is looking to re do that this term.
I would prefer to see Chelsea with 3 CMs too as normally when we lose it is due to us getting raped in midfield. With Ramires/Lampard/Oscar/Luiz/Romeu/Mata whoever is around there it could be fun.

On June 26 2013 06:11 Ysellian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2013 05:59 Zeo wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:50 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:32 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:26 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 05:22 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:48 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:41 Mensol wrote:
On June 26 2013 04:31 Ysellian wrote:
On June 26 2013 03:38 Mensol wrote:
http://www.football.co.uk/fenerbahce/turkish_pair_banned_from_europe_rss4325115.shtml

:3 :3 :3 :3 good bye fenerbahce.


What happened? Like why were they banned? This news was actually a ridiculous boost for my club because it means that Feyenoord are now seeded for the Europa league matches.

On June 26 2013 04:22 OsaX Nymloth wrote:
I've seen people mentioning Fooball Manager - why there's no threat for that? Or am I blind?
Playing again with my Wrexham, going from Conference National to Premiership in 6 years was my biggest success. But my savefile went to hell so I'm going for a journey again xP

Also more on topic. The ban of Fenerbahce and Besiktas - no wonder, if they cheated, they deserve to be punished. Shame for their players tho.


I'm thinking of starting up a again as well. Going to go with Benfica I think.

They basically won 2010-2011 Turkish League with match-fixing.


Wow pretty bad action. I can't say it's not justified if this is proven, which I'm guessing is?

Yes its proven. Even Fenerbahce's chairman said things like "If i did match fixing, i did it for my team, i didnt do it for myself". im glad they got what they deserve.


Yeah, I'm glad they got punished. Really sad for the fans though, what a dick of a chairman.

Actually i feel bad for players like Kuyt, Meireles and Stoch. im pretty sure they come Fenerbahce to play in european tournaments.

i hope they leave team as soon as possible.


I'm wondering how players can be kept to their contract if the team was convicted of match fixing. You'd think there would be some clause for players to be allowed to leave.

Why would a team put in a clause 'in case they fixed matches', if I was UEFA I would find that very fishy :D


Of course the team doesn't initiate such a clause but rather the UEFA. The issue with the way player contracts work is that you cannot just "quit" and leave for another job, you need to be bought or wait until the end of your contract. If my company is caught doing something they shouldn't be doing, I'd rather not have to continue working in such an environment.


He might of meant that a contract clause where if the team doesn't qualify for Europe they can leave, which is now the case. I know a few players like that who had contracts where if they weren't in Europe they have a buy out clause etcetc. Im sure Bale would leave next year for sure (if not in the summer of this) when that is thie case.
ModeratorTeam Liquid Football Thread Guru! - Chelsea FC ♥
Influ
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany780 Posts
June 25 2013 21:40 GMT
#9898
Schürrle is indeed very similar to Robben. He has way less scenes where you think that he is too focused on his own but Robben is better in 1on1 situations which doesn't mean that much because there are not that many players who are better 1on1 than Robben.

Both are players who can overwhelm the wings and then either flank or turn mid and finish themselfes but Schürle is stronger counter-attacking due to his speed and robben is better with possesion and calm build up because he can create advantages out of nowhere.
zeo
Profile Joined October 2009
Serbia6343 Posts
June 25 2013 22:11 GMT
#9899
The European governing body also imposed a suspended one-year ban from European competition on Romanian side Steaua Bucharest, who were accused of a breach of Champions League participation regulations.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11945/8792741/Champions-League-and-Europa-League-Fenerbahce-and-Besiktas-banned-by-UEFA

What did they do?
“What the public criticizes in you, cultivate. It is you.” - Jean Cocteau
Tazza
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Korea (South)1678 Posts
June 25 2013 23:13 GMT
#9900
A football manager thread(without edition) would be awesome. Think more people would post as well. Someone please make one I guess I could if no one will
Prev 1 493 494 495 496 497 498 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 7m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 210
SpeCial 124
ViBE88
Nathanias 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11809
Rain 873
Artosis 644
GuemChi 561
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever363
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox767
Mew2King115
Other Games
summit1g6352
Liquid`RaSZi2393
shahzam650
WinterStarcraft471
JimRising 359
C9.Mang0320
Trikslyr58
JuggernautJason13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick464
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 96
• musti20045 22
• davetesta7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur30
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 7m
INu's Battles
11h 7m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
13h 7m
OSC
22h 22m
Replay Cast
23h 7m
OSC
1d 23h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.