• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:38
CEST 02:38
KST 09:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8889 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 57

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 730 Next
Warrior Madness
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Canada3791 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 21:39:22
February 01 2011 21:38 GMT
#1121
On February 01 2011 15:18 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
2.) From today I want to do cardio six days a week: 3 days of HIIT and 3 days of moderate intensity endurance training. The moderate intensity training will be 15 minutes immediately following my lifting session, and the HIIT will be on non-lifting days. Sound good? Is there anything else I should do at the gym on HIIT days? Is this volume too high? I wish I could do sprints outside but it's just too goddamn cold. My goal with this is to help break through this 15% bodyfat plateau that I've seemed to reach ... everything agrees on this number consistently (including the scale at the gym, my calipers, and the people who have analyzed my picture), and for some reason I'm having trouble getting lower regardless of how little I eat.


That sounds like too much exercise. You might actually gain fat from that. The danger with overexercising is an increase in elevated cortisol levels, and this results in high insulin levels and insulin resistence. And the higher your insulin levels, the easier it is for you to store fat. I would actually focus on getting better, more refreshing sleep (Which is absolutely crucial to controlling cortisol levels and muscle recovery) and cutting down on your exercise. Seems like that's the reason you've plateaued.

http://robbwolf.com/2007/10/24/exercise-ineffective-for-weight-loss/
http://robbwolf.com/2008/09/10/exercise-effective-for-fat-gain/

The Past: Yellow, Julyzerg, Chojja, Savior, GGplay -- The Present: Luxury, Jae- The Future: -Dong, maGma, Zero, Effort, Hoejja, hyvaa, by.hero, calm, Action ---> SC2 (Ret?? Kolll Idra!! SEN, Cool, ZergBong, Leenock)
MarCoon
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
Germany493 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-01 22:51:02
February 01 2011 22:48 GMT
#1122
I love you guys and this thread!

I started training and paying attention to my nutriution 2 weeks ago again. Though I don't have the time to go the the gym right now, but I will have the time in 2 1/2 months again.

Marko "marCoon" Karacic
Age: 22 || Height: 179cm || Weight: 64kg 2 weeks ago 66,5kg now
Starting Date: 18/01/2011 || Goal Date: 01/06/2011
Weight goals -- 72kg
Training goals -- get a nice body again/ finishing SS when I start going to the gym
Nutrition goals -- eating healthy and since I am bulking right now eating a lot of carbohydrates good fat and a lot of proteins
Misc goals -- none yet

I am training at home right now with the stuff I got here, which isn't that much. I played professionell tennis up unitl I was 18 so I know what I need to eat and how but I am still open for stuff and suggestions.

I am writing this here, because of after starting to read this thread I started to take care of myself again and I am so glad we got this here. I may find the time to start to go to the gym earlier, but I have so much stuff to do and so little time that I shouldn't go until the 2 1/2 months are over.

I jsut gotta say that I love you and that I love this thread! It's so nice to have something like this, because it's pushing me when I read all the awesome stuff you guys are doing and have done.

Edit: and yeah I also started jogging every second day, which sadly isn't possible right now because of the snow out here. Makes Marko sad :/
~follow me on twitter.com/GGmarCoon
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 01 2011 22:57 GMT
#1123
On February 01 2011 23:43 eshlow wrote:
Yeah, vitamin D works... I don't catch any illnesses from my family its nice


FUUU murphy's law. I'm sweating it out napping today with probably the flu and have to bomb myself with 40-50k vitamin D.

Feeling better already although which is good.

Exam tomorrow though
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
February 01 2011 23:22 GMT
#1124
Went to the gym today. Decided to do something a little fun and deadlifted to my max (favorite lift)

Got up to 255 lbs. Not bad I guess.
225 on squat again (did them on at the end)
OHP at 80 lbs, went and did 95 lbs x 1 for the hell of it.

Couple pages back somebody was talking about lifting being something thats always there for ya, and I gotta say thats true. lol thanks for gettin me on board with SS guys :D

Anyways,
I recently got an ipod to use when I go lifting. Anyone have any good songs they can recommend? Or even playlists they want to list?
Victory Loves Preparation
Slithe
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States985 Posts
February 01 2011 23:59 GMT
#1125
Eshlow, I think I may have spondylolysis. I've scheduled an appointment next week with the doctor to find out for sure. In the meantime, what should I do?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 02 2011 00:15 GMT
#1126
day 10 - lifting is hard day after destroying your PRs lol Missed a few times. Readjusted my program to my new maxes
snatch - 1x2 @ 82.5, 2x1 @ 90
C&J- 1x1 @ 110, 117.5 Felt good destroying 117.5 after missing it my first time as its practically my old max
front squat - 2x2 @ 275, 1x1 @ 315 (these were easy )

also, for the third time in my uni's history, SNOW DAY BITCHES. Time to black out for the white out ^_^ SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011

@eshlow, got any clue after the hit to my head -> 1/4 of my head is numb?

@catch yes lifting is fun :D what do you listen to? i listen to mostly trance/hip hop if you want any suggestions.

@ilikestarcraft, anyone can, they just need to stretch and work on flexibility. but yeah i've always been a fairly flexible person, didn't take me long to be able to do a full front squat/overhead squat in my clean/snatch
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 02 2011 01:06 GMT
#1127
On February 02 2011 08:22 Catch wrote:
Went to the gym today. Decided to do something a little fun and deadlifted to my max (favorite lift)

Got up to 255 lbs. Not bad I guess.
225 on squat again (did them on at the end)
OHP at 80 lbs, went and did 95 lbs x 1 for the hell of it.

Couple pages back somebody was talking about lifting being something thats always there for ya, and I gotta say thats true. lol thanks for gettin me on board with SS guys :D

Anyways,
I recently got an ipod to use when I go lifting. Anyone have any good songs they can recommend? Or even playlists they want to list?


Music you say? For me it is classical during warmup/foam rolling. Like Rachmaninoff or Dvorak or something. But when I try to get stuff done it is hard, heavy metal all the way.





Just some suggestions, hard to know what you listen to when you don't post an example

Good work on the squat. The dead could be a tad higher but it'll race up when you start to do them regularly with heavy eating and sleeping.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 02 2011 01:31 GMT
#1128

i listen to this when i go heavy
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 02 2011 02:42 GMT
#1129
On February 02 2011 08:59 Slithe wrote:
Eshlow, I think I may have spondylolysis. I've scheduled an appointment next week with the doctor to find out for sure. In the meantime, what should I do?


Any non-painful exercises are generally good.... but I'd just wait on that for now and see what's up first
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
February 02 2011 02:43 GMT
#1130
On February 02 2011 09:15 decafchicken wrote:
day 10 - lifting is hard day after destroying your PRs lol Missed a few times. Readjusted my program to my new maxes
snatch - 1x2 @ 82.5, 2x1 @ 90
C&J- 1x1 @ 110, 117.5 Felt good destroying 117.5 after missing it my first time as its practically my old max
front squat - 2x2 @ 275, 1x1 @ 315 (these were easy )

also, for the third time in my uni's history, SNOW DAY BITCHES. Time to black out for the white out ^_^ SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011

@eshlow, got any clue after the hit to my head -> 1/4 of my head is numb?

@catch yes lifting is fun :D what do you listen to? i listen to mostly trance/hip hop if you want any suggestions.

@ilikestarcraft, anyone can, they just need to stretch and work on flexibility. but yeah i've always been a fairly flexible person, didn't take me long to be able to do a full front squat/overhead squat in my clean/snatch


There a certain distribution of the trigeminal that you lost sensation in?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gray784.png
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
JeeJee
Profile Blog Joined July 2003
Canada5652 Posts
February 02 2011 03:26 GMT
#1131
dammit, it might be a snow day tomorrow due to a coming snow storm
i hope the gym won't be closed
ffuuuuuu
(\o/)  If you want it, you find a way. Otherwise you find excuses. No exceptions.
 /_\   aka Shinbi (requesting a name change since 27/05/09 ☺)
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
February 02 2011 03:32 GMT
#1132
On February 02 2011 11:43 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 09:15 decafchicken wrote:
day 10 - lifting is hard day after destroying your PRs lol Missed a few times. Readjusted my program to my new maxes
snatch - 1x2 @ 82.5, 2x1 @ 90
C&J- 1x1 @ 110, 117.5 Felt good destroying 117.5 after missing it my first time as its practically my old max
front squat - 2x2 @ 275, 1x1 @ 315 (these were easy )

also, for the third time in my uni's history, SNOW DAY BITCHES. Time to black out for the white out ^_^ SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011

@eshlow, got any clue after the hit to my head -> 1/4 of my head is numb?

@catch yes lifting is fun :D what do you listen to? i listen to mostly trance/hip hop if you want any suggestions.

@ilikestarcraft, anyone can, they just need to stretch and work on flexibility. but yeah i've always been a fairly flexible person, didn't take me long to be able to do a full front squat/overhead squat in my clean/snatch


There a certain distribution of the trigeminal that you lost sensation in?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gray784.png


I'd say more or less the entire of the right half of my opthalamic area exactly.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
ShaLLoW[baY]
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Canada12499 Posts
February 02 2011 04:19 GMT
#1133
On February 02 2011 12:26 JeeJee wrote:
dammit, it might be a snow day tomorrow due to a coming snow storm
i hope the gym won't be closed
ffuuuuuu


me too! where are you? i'm in kingston, at RMC, and i'm praying for a day off.

also, fuck my stupid strained hands. i can barely lift a 20kg plate to the bar. fuck me.
ALEXISONFIRE ARE FUCKING BACK (sAviOr for life)
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-02-02 04:59:59
February 02 2011 04:59 GMT
#1134
This storm is supposed to hit EVERYWHERE in the northeast by tomorrow. Decaf's dealing with it in michigan, I'm praying for classes cancelled here at Syracuse University, Back home (border between new york and canada) classes at most colleges are already cancelled. You're dealing with it in Kingston... Shit's crazy. Unfortunately I have two labs tomorrow that I can't miss, so I can't just be like "yo snow is too much, can't make it" - they have to actually cancel classes.

I planned ahead, hit the gym today (I'm still exhausted, barely walking. DESTROYED myself with that 5x5) and so I won't have to go until it opens up again on thursday, because I'm sure "nonessential" (WTF? gym is more essential to my life than oxygen) services like that will be closed here tomorrow.
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
February 02 2011 05:46 GMT
#1135
So I've just been informed that I won't have to show off any abs for my upcoming dance show ._. I'm a sad panda. But working out is actually kind of cool so I will keep at it! Just wish I had an iPod because running gets terribly boring.

I've been biking (switched over to running once I realized how its more painful but also more efficient), lifting small weights, and using the random machines in my university's gym. Primarily still working on abs, obliques, lower abs...and benching for fun haha :D. 38 hour dance boot camp also helped with being more fit in general. Also, if anyone's in the NJ area, come see the show!
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
Evilmonkey.
Profile Blog Joined April 2006
United States1628 Posts
February 02 2011 06:14 GMT
#1136
Let's see, it's been a damn slow start this year just because I've had so much damn corps stuff to start this semester. But this week, I finally buckled down and got to work :D.

Deadlift: 305x1x5, whoop I'm in the 300 club

Bench: 195x2.5x5, barely couldn't finish last set without a spotter

Squat: 240x3x5, although I really should be goin lower, prolly gonna reset soon just to work on my form.

Motivating stuff. Btw, mOnion u better be tearin it up at the rec!! U should wear a tl shirt so i can recognize u haha.
WWBD- What would Boxer do?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
February 02 2011 06:34 GMT
#1137
hazel u should work out with agony lol
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
February 02 2011 06:45 GMT
#1138
On February 02 2011 15:34 AoN.DimSum wrote:
hazel u should work out with agony lol


Dude my thighs pale in comparison to agony's thighs T_T and he squats like...five of me.

COME TO THE SHOW, it's nearby you next weekend Friday and Saturday!
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
February 02 2011 09:27 GMT
#1139
On February 02 2011 12:32 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 02 2011 11:43 eshlow wrote:
On February 02 2011 09:15 decafchicken wrote:
day 10 - lifting is hard day after destroying your PRs lol Missed a few times. Readjusted my program to my new maxes
snatch - 1x2 @ 82.5, 2x1 @ 90
C&J- 1x1 @ 110, 117.5 Felt good destroying 117.5 after missing it my first time as its practically my old max
front squat - 2x2 @ 275, 1x1 @ 315 (these were easy )

also, for the third time in my uni's history, SNOW DAY BITCHES. Time to black out for the white out ^_^ SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011

@eshlow, got any clue after the hit to my head -> 1/4 of my head is numb?

@catch yes lifting is fun :D what do you listen to? i listen to mostly trance/hip hop if you want any suggestions.

@ilikestarcraft, anyone can, they just need to stretch and work on flexibility. but yeah i've always been a fairly flexible person, didn't take me long to be able to do a full front squat/overhead squat in my clean/snatch


There a certain distribution of the trigeminal that you lost sensation in?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gray784.png


I'd say more or less the entire of the right half of my opthalamic area exactly.


Well, if you fucked up your opthalamic branch of the trigeminal branch you can test it out with a corneal reflex test. What you do is take something soft (a brush, small piece of smooth paper you roll up..etc) and have someone come in from your blind spot and touch it to your eye.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Cambium
Profile Blog Joined June 2004
United States16368 Posts
February 02 2011 12:53 GMT
#1140
snow day... no gym
When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.
Prev 1 55 56 57 58 59 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2478
Artosis 685
White-Ra 116
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever586
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv300
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe160
Other Games
summit1g8893
shahzam598
JimRising 575
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS60
RuFF_SC29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta20
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 22m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 22m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 22m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.