• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:04
CEST 06:04
KST 13:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach1[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8652 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 536

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 534 535 536 537 538 730 Next
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 16:36:22
August 30 2011 16:33 GMT
#10701
@rosa if you're lifting that often, you're going to want a more complex eating plan... i've read a couple times that you'll have to check his books for intermediate leangains approaches. I assume to make sure you're getting enough food for recovery.

Scored huge points in immunology class today when I mentioned modern diets and chronic inflammation. Thanks eshlow, because this class is graded on a curve.

@glurio stumptuous was in last years OP. But do we even have any women posting?
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
August 30 2011 18:33 GMT
#10702
injured my finger while playing basketball...hope it doesnt affect my lifting tomorrow...saturday to look for new gym, which has proper equiptment...finally!!!!

numbers still the same, havent raised them, because i want to have "proper" tehnique first time i go to lifters who can bp 200kg+...i will feel so weak there. I know women in my city who can bp 22x55kg. That is out of my league...
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 19:25:24
August 30 2011 19:25 GMT
#10703
On August 31 2011 01:33 phyre112 wrote:
@glurio stumptuous was in last years OP. But do we even have any women posting?


Doesn't matter if we have women posting on this thread. We might have women reading the OP, although I have no idea if there are women browsing the site.

@glurio etc: What do you think about alternating between SLDL and Romanians for deadlifts on the second lower body day, or do you think that kind of switch should be done in 4 week cycles or something? Something like 3-4X6-8/3'.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
August 30 2011 20:17 GMT
#10704
A1: Bench, Yates Row, Weighted Chins, Incline Bench, Seated Row, Barbell Curl, French Press
B1: Squat, Deadlift Variation, Front Squat, Reverse Hyper/GM, Leg Curl, Calves, Abs
A2: Bench, Bent Over Row, OHP/ W.Dips, DB Row, W. Chins, Curl, Side Delt
B2: Squat, Deadlift, Leg Press, Reverse Hyper/GM, Leg Curl, Calves, Abs

A1(heavy), B1(light), X, A2(light), B2(heavy), C(arms)/X, X

Probably some supersets in there for arms and shoulders.
This is basically what i will do, C is optional when i got nothing else to do (beginning of new semester being lazy with studying basically), arms are lagging behind anyway.


@reign To be honest i'm not really sure what the difference between sldl and rdl is.
Is the question about switching between the two or between one of those and regular deadlifts?
I don't like deadlifting for reps so i use one of those variations for that.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 20:33:16
August 30 2011 20:32 GMT
#10705
@glurio My first lower body workout has regular deadlifts, and in the second one I'm thinking about alternating between RDL and SLDL.

[image loading][image loading]

This is the most important difference.

"In the RDL bar is only lowered as low as the lifter can go without rounding the low-back, for most people this usually puts the bar just below the kneecap."

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/rdl-vs-sldl.html
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
August 30 2011 20:43 GMT
#10706
Oh well i won't do sldl, rounding my back with a load just does not seem like a good idea to me.
I don't think there is anything against alternating those two, target mostly the same muscle groups, probably equally hard. Just do it for a while and see what your body says.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
August 30 2011 21:29 GMT
#10707
pecs are sore after 85x5x5 bench yesterday.. lol
maybe I took too long of a break from benching but this is unacceptable. 185 here I come!!

On a side note, can't wait until I get back to school where they have more than ONE FUCKING SQUAT RACK. God, my community center gym is so bad. Unfortunately, it's the only one within walking distance.
Official Entusman #21
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
August 30 2011 22:12 GMT
#10708
On August 31 2011 01:33 phyre112 wrote:
@rosa if you're lifting that often, you're going to want a more complex eating plan... i've read a couple times that you'll have to check his books for intermediate leangains approaches. I assume to make sure you're getting enough food for recovery.

Scored huge points in immunology class today when I mentioned modern diets and chronic inflammation. Thanks eshlow, because this class is graded on a curve.

@glurio stumptuous was in last years OP. But do we even have any women posting?


I deleted stumptuous from the OP, but I can put it back.

Reason being it's better to use videos to show that weightlifting isn't bad than send people to a site. The women who commented in here said it was hard to find stuff on stumptuous (even though it's a very good site) and I would tend to agree with that opinion.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-30 22:26:03
August 30 2011 22:24 GMT
#10709
Let's get some patriotism in here and combine it woth some inspiration. As of yesterday, Robert Harting is a two time world champion in the discus throw. See how you can look at 2.01m (~6'7) and 130kg (~287lb):

[image loading]
[image loading]

Snatching 130kg
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9cerr_harting-130kgs-arrache_sport

What a monster.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
August 30 2011 22:54 GMT
#10710
o god he needs a longer bar LOL
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
August 30 2011 23:13 GMT
#10711
3SP=174x2, 184x3, 194x2, 204x1 (legal pause)

Powerlifting style bench press is way easier, 204 felt kinda light. I am sure i'll hit at least 262 by november.

Deadlift Sumo 284x5x5

Fixed some minor errors on my technique, felt lighter than last week because of that. Basically was hiperextending my back a bit on the top, and shruggin the barbell aswell.
BouBou.865
Profile Joined December 2010
Netherlands814 Posts
August 30 2011 23:34 GMT
#10712
I SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED A GIRL I'M SMITTEN WITH! Wow I haven't been this happy since I saw daylight for the first time in my life. Been getting girls for like a year and a half, but this girl is the first one I'm in love with.

My hands are shaking. Thank you for getting me on SS (eschlow, mostly), which def. gave me some confidence without which this might have not happened. AAAWWHHH YEAAAAAH!!!!

And she lives a floor above me.
Playing League of Legends. IGN: Plain Skill
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
August 30 2011 23:44 GMT
#10713
congrats boubou!, but you have been spelling eshlow wrong for the past couple weeks. I would of hoped you figured it out by now.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 31 2011 00:15 GMT
#10714
On August 31 2011 08:34 BouBou.865 wrote:
I SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED A GIRL I'M SMITTEN WITH! Wow I haven't been this happy since I saw daylight for the first time in my life. Been getting girls for like a year and a half, but this girl is the first one I'm in love with.

My hands are shaking. Thank you for getting me on SS (eschlow, mostly), which def. gave me some confidence without which this might have not happened. AAAWWHHH YEAAAAAH!!!!

And she lives a floor above me.


Same here...when i hooked up with a girl i havent seen in 4 years shes just like "when did you turn in to fucking huge scott? you were like a teddy bear last time i saw you" and then "wtf" when she jokingly punched me in the abs; and then while we were hooking up: "this never would have happened 4 years ago" Lifting and the advice i've gotten here has done leaps and bounds for my confidence and how people perceive me.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
August 31 2011 00:57 GMT
#10715
I just became a more asshole after I started lifting. Any suggestions? :C
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 31 2011 02:08 GMT
#10716
On August 31 2011 09:57 sJarl wrote:
I just became a more asshole after I started lifting. Any suggestions? :C


Chicks love assholes. Keep doing what you're doing.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
August 31 2011 02:09 GMT
#10717
On August 31 2011 08:34 BouBou.865 wrote:
I SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED A GIRL I'M SMITTEN WITH! Wow I haven't been this happy since I saw daylight for the first time in my life. Been getting girls for like a year and a half, but this girl is the first one I'm in love with.

My hands are shaking. Thank you for getting me on SS (eschlow, mostly), which def. gave me some confidence without which this might have not happened. AAAWWHHH YEAAAAAH!!!!

And she lives a floor above me.


On August 31 2011 09:15 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 08:34 BouBou.865 wrote:
I SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOORED A GIRL I'M SMITTEN WITH! Wow I haven't been this happy since I saw daylight for the first time in my life. Been getting girls for like a year and a half, but this girl is the first one I'm in love with.

My hands are shaking. Thank you for getting me on SS (eschlow, mostly), which def. gave me some confidence without which this might have not happened. AAAWWHHH YEAAAAAH!!!!

And she lives a floor above me.


Same here...when i hooked up with a girl i havent seen in 4 years shes just like "when did you turn in to fucking huge scott? you were like a teddy bear last time i saw you" and then "wtf" when she jokingly punched me in the abs; and then while we were hooking up: "this never would have happened 4 years ago" Lifting and the advice i've gotten here has done leaps and bounds for my confidence and how people perceive me.


Haha, np.

Save some for me. :p
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
August 31 2011 02:09 GMT
#10718
On August 31 2011 09:57 sJarl wrote:
I just became a more asshole after I started lifting. Any suggestions? :C


+testosterone
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
August 31 2011 02:26 GMT
#10719
Lol. Did not exercise yesterday. Got busy and forgot. ew. Should I wait tomorrow to get back on the MWF?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
August 31 2011 02:54 GMT
#10720
whatever works best for you froadac

On August 31 2011 11:09 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2011 09:57 sJarl wrote:
I just became a more asshole after I started lifting. Any suggestions? :C


+testosterone

hahahah nice
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Prev 1 534 535 536 537 538 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta20
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 251
NeuroSwarm 172
StarCraft: Brood War
HiyA 283
hero 60
ZergMaN 8
sorry 8
Terrorterran 7
Bale 1
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1179
League of Legends
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 435
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King204
Other Games
summit1g9336
Maynarde206
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick462
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 149
• Berry_CruncH59
• practicex 21
• Letter144
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota251
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush1070
• Stunt181
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
5h 56m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
6h 56m
Monday Night Weeklies
11h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 5h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 19h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.